PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want on Day Two?

dogfish
04-26-2009, 03:25 AM
i'm not going to hold my breath after we gave away both of our thirds, because we know that all 32 FOs are up late into the night re-working their boards and scheming how to get the guys they had rated as first day picks that are now available on the second day, and IMO a good number of these guys will be gone before we get get near the clock, barring more trading up. . . but, nonetheless, here's a list of some of the guys i'd love to see us grab. . .

priority:

C jonathon luigs
C antoine caldwell
DE/OLB lawrence sidbury
DT dorrell scott
DE jarron gilbert (has questions, but he's worth it at this point)
WR juaquin iglesias
DE/OLB michael johnson (another player that i don't love, but would take a chance on his upside at a reduced cost)
LB jasper brinkley
QB steven mcgee

i would add:

TE shawn nelson
TE jared cook
TE chase coffman
TE cornelius ingram
TE travis beckham

but apparently doogie thinks the TE has to report as tackle-eligible if you want to throw it to him. . . . :tsk:

secondary:

WR derrick williams
WR austin collie
C aq shipley
OG duke robinson
OG herman johnson
OL jamon meredith
DT terrance taylor
LB scott mckillop
CB kevin barnes
CB asher allen
CB keenan lewis
S rashad johnson
S chris clemons
S derek pegues

late rounders:

WR quan cosby
WR demetrius byrd
WR patrick turner
DE zach potter
DT sammie lee hill
DL chris baker
DE nader abdallah
QB tom brandstater

and yes. . . . once the guys from my priority list are gone, i would be fine with spending a 4th round or later pick on any of these RBs:

shonn green
andre brown
javon ringer
cedric peerman
james davis
rashad jennings

and any back on the roster not named moreno or hillis can ****! :lol: screw it-- at least we wouldn't be looking at rolling with any more afterthought, scrub RBs. . . .

and now that i've posted that, i'm sure we'll package all of our remaining picks plus next year's second or third to trade up for a late third to take a backup long snapper with a ton of upside. . . .

who are you hoping for?

WARHORSE
04-26-2009, 03:32 AM
Who, or what?

I'll take two tylenol.

sneakers
04-26-2009, 03:33 AM
More defense, Pat Bowlen and a Time Machine.

West
04-26-2009, 03:35 AM
LBs, LBs, LBs, LBs and more LBs..

xzn
04-26-2009, 03:39 AM
I'd like to see us trade our fourth and Scheffler to get back into the third.

I'd like Sammie Lee Hill.

I'd like to get a servicable OL.

I'd like to get a signal caller with good vision, accuracy and awareness. Doesn't need to have great throw power or mobility. John Parker Wilson or Graham Harrell come to mind.

I'd like to get a 300 lb. DE who can control two gaps even if he's not a pass rush threat, this could be a converted DT.

I wouldn't mind getting a "pure" FB if it was like in the 7th round. Someone who can really, really road grade. Could care less if they have any break tackle or catching ability just run block skills.

Wouldn't mind getting an inside LB similar to Spencer Larsen, we need more ILB depth.

West
04-26-2009, 03:40 AM
I'd like to see us trade our fourth and Scheffler to get back into the third.

I'd like Sammie Lee Hill.

I'd like to get a servicable OL.

I'd like to get a signal caller with good vision, accuracy and awareness. Doesn't need to have great throw power or mobility. John Parker Wilson or Graham Harrell come to mind.

I'd like to get a 300 lb. DE who can control two gaps even if he's not a pass rush threat, this could be a converted DT.

I wouldn't mind getting a "pure" FB if it was like in the 7th round. Someone who can really, really road grade. Could care less if they have any break tackle or catching ability just run block skills.

Wouldn't mind getting an inside LB similar to Spencer Larsen, we need more ILB depth.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yardog:

NameUsedBefore
04-26-2009, 03:43 AM
The rest of the picks for the first 3rd rounder.

xzn
04-26-2009, 03:45 AM
What's the big problem with a third string QB in like the seventh round?

West
04-26-2009, 03:48 AM
What's the big problem with a third string QB in like the seventh round?

The dude wouldn't be 3rd string in Arena League. The guy is a pile of shyt. Trust me.

BroncoBJ
04-26-2009, 03:53 AM
Who, or what?

I'll take two tylenol.

:lol: I really have a headache today. I'm not sure if its because of baseball yesterday, or NBA Basketball, or if its the draft? or reading the posts on the forums? .. But Damn I have a massive headache.

And I have no idea what we will get. I'm pretty clueless at this point.

West
04-26-2009, 03:57 AM
:lol: I really have a headache today. I'm not sure if its because of baseball yesterday, or NBA Basketball, or if its the draft? or reading the posts on the forums? .. But Damn I have a massive headache.

And I have no idea what we will get. I'm pretty clueless at this point.

Some Kanye West - "Heartless" might ease your headache. :coffee:

xzn
04-26-2009, 04:01 AM
The dude wouldn't be 3rd string in Arena League. The guy is a pile of shyt. Trust me.

I don't know all that much about him other than what he did last year for a team that went undefeated through the SEC. But I didn't see any of their games until they got bushwhacked by the Utes.

Not that I don't trust you but could you elaborate on why you think he's so bad? Which is not to say I think he's so great . . .

BroncoBJ
04-26-2009, 04:04 AM

:lol:
Maybe I'll put some of that on.

Great sugestion West. :rockon:

honz
04-26-2009, 04:23 AM
priority:

C jonathon luigs
C antoine caldwell
DE/OLB lawrence sidbury
DT dorrell scott
WR juaquin iglesias
DE/OLB michael johnson (another player that i don't love, but would take a chance on his upside at a reduced cost)
LB jasper brinkley
QB steven mcgee

secondary:

WR derrick williams
WR austin collie
C aq shipley
OG duke robinson
OG herman johnson
OL jamon meredith
DT terrance taylor
LB scott mckillop
CB kevin barnes
CB asher allen
CB keenan lewis
S rashad johnson
S chris clemons
S derek pegues

late rounders:

WR quan cosby
WR demetrius byrd
WR patrick turner
DE zach potter
DT sammie lee hill
DL chris baker
DE nader abdallah
QB tom brandstater

Guys I want.

Without listing any names, I think we should grab a LB or 2 (ILB or OLB), a NT, another DB, a G or C, Bomar or McGee, and maybe a WR if their is a quality guy there. I really like Austin Collie a lot...and I hate BYU. How many picks do we have tomorrow? 6? That should take care of our day 2 picks and fill needs for us/give us quality depth. I think we really need to find a NT though.

honz
04-26-2009, 04:25 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yardog:

Agreed. JPW is turrible.

sneakers
04-26-2009, 04:31 AM

Or some fishsticks.

dogfish
04-26-2009, 04:48 AM
How many picks do we have tomorrow? 6?

yea. . . . until we pawn the other five to move up ten spots in the 4th for a guy that would've probably been available in the 5th. . . .

:lol:

:facepalm:

TXBRONC
04-26-2009, 05:40 AM
i'm not going to hold my breath after we gave away both of our thirds, because we know that all 32 FOs are up late into the night re-working their boards and scheming how to get the guys they had rated as first day picks that are now available on the second day, and IMO a good number of these guys will be gone before we get get near the clock, barring more trading up. . . but, nonetheless, here's a list of some of the guys i'd love to see us grab. . .

priority:

C jonathon luigs
C antoine caldwell
DE/OLB lawrence sidbury
DT dorrell scott
WR juaquin iglesias
LB jasper brinkley
QB steven mcgee

i would add:

TE shawn nelson
TE jared cook
TE chase coffman
TE cornelius ingram
TE travis beckham

but apparently doogie thinks the TE has to report as tackle-eligible if you want to throw it to him. . . . :tsk:

secondary:

WR derrick williams
WR austin collie
C aq shipley
OG duke robinson
OG herman johnson
OL jamon meredith
DT terrance taylor
LB scott mckillop
CB kevin barnes
CB asher allen
CB keenan lewis
S rashad johnson
S chris clemons
S derek pegues

late rounders:

WR quan cosby
WR demetrius byrd
WR patrick turner
DE zach potter
DT sammie lee hill
DL chris baker
DE nader abdallah
QB tom brandstater

and yes. . . . once the guys from my priority list are gone, i would be fine with spending a 4th round or later pick on any of these RBs:

shonn green
andre brown
javon ringer
cedric peerman
james davis
rashad jennings

and any back on the roster not named moreno or hillis can ****! :lol: screw it-- at least we wouldn't be looking at rolling with any more afterthought, scrub RBs. . . .

and now that i've posted that, i'm sure we'll package all of our remaining picks plus next year's second or third to trade up for a late third to take a backup long snapper with a ton of upside. . . .

who are you hoping for?

Dorrell Scott and Terrance Taylor are the two guys I think we need.

BigDaddyBronco
04-26-2009, 07:06 AM
We need at least one, preferably 2 NT's.

You have to have three on your team as they get rotated throughout the game. Having three on the roster is needed for injury purposes.

Maybe they convert Thomas or Powell into a NT, but it looks like we got Ronnie Fields and J'Vonne Parker right now. If those guys are better than what is available in the draft, great. But, you always have to have competition and can find a diamond in the rough.

McDaniels/Xanders, please, by the love of God, take two NT's today.

claymore
04-26-2009, 07:25 AM

You have to have three on your team as they get rotated throughout the game. Having three on the roster is needed for injury purposes.

Maybe they convert Thomas or Powell into a NT, but it looks like we got Ronnie Fields and J'Vonne Parker right now. If those guys are better than what is available in the draft, great. But, you always have to have competition and can find a diamond in the rough.

Expect a QB and project WR's. :D

LRtagger
04-26-2009, 07:28 AM
as long as we get the future of our franchise, I will be happy

TOM BRANDSTATER

elsid13
04-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Since the FO is staying true to the draft board and people they had come in for visits I expect we will see some players from the list below:

Curtis Painter (Purdue)
Terrance Knighton (Temple)
McGree (QB) Texas AM
Antoine Caldwell (Alabama)
Eron Riley (Duke)
Quan Cosby (Texas)
Victor Butler (Oregon State)
Julius Williams (Connecticut)
Kenny McKinley (UNC)
Marlon Favorite (LSU)

Superchop 7
04-26-2009, 08:26 AM
My "targets" would be. (in no particular order)

Michael Johnson
Jarron Gilbert
Brandon Williams
Jasper Brinkley

sneakers
04-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Expect a QB and project WR's. :D

haven't we seen enough charlie adams's?

Northman
04-26-2009, 08:56 AM
As with you Dog im not going to hold my breath on actually landing anyone
that i really want on this team. But for shits and giggles sake this is what i
would look at.

Lawrence Sidbury DE
Jarron Gilber DE
Jasper Brinkley LB
Shawn Nelson TE
Travis Beckum TE
Terrance Taylor DT
Rashad Johnson S
Asher Allen CB
Mike Wallace WR
Cedric Peerman RB
Rashad Jennings RB
Kevin Ogletree WR
Mike Thomas WR
Andre Brown RB
Tyrone McKenzie LB
Jason Phillips LB
Nic Harris S
Stephen Hodge S

Northman
04-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Dorrell Scott and Terrance Taylor are the two guys I think we need.

That means we will do the opposite. Thanks for the Jinx. :lol:

broncofaninfla
04-26-2009, 09:07 AM
DE Gilbert and at least another DE and two NT's

Skinny
04-26-2009, 09:16 AM
OL Antoine Caldwell, Trevor Canfield, Jamon Meredith, Cecil Newton.

WR Derrick Williams, Ramses Barden, Demetrius Byrd, Mike Thomas, Kenny McKinley.

DL Dorrell Scott, Sammie Lee Hill, Corvey Irvin, Terrance Knighton, Myron Pyror, Mitch King, Roy Miller, Terrance Taylor.

LB Jasper Brinkley, Lawrence Sidbury, Tyrone McKenzie.

S Michael Hamlin, Derek Pegues, Emanual Cook, Curtis Taylor.

Italianmobstr7
04-26-2009, 09:19 AM
DT, DE, LB, Derrick Williams, Deon Butler, Jordan Norwood from Penn State.

BroncoBJ
04-26-2009, 03:14 PM

TOM BRANDSTATER

:elefant: :elefant:

The Future. :rockon:

LRtagger
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM

TOM BRANDSTATER

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

dogfish
04-26-2009, 06:04 PM

nosetackles? we don't need no steenking nosetackles!

haven't you heard? we really upgraded the special teams, that's more important. . . .

BigDaddyBronco
04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
nosetackles? we don't need no steenking nosetackles!

haven't you heard? we really upgraded the special teams, that's more important. . . .

Maybe it was a ruse that we were switching to the 3-4. 4 -3 baby we don't need to stinking nose tackles.

Otherwise I'll just shake my head when teams run it down our throat this year.

dogfish
04-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Maybe it was a ruse that we were switching to the 3-4. 4 -3 baby we don't need to stinking nose tackles.

Otherwise I'll just shake my head when teams run it down our throat this year.

that was a smokescreen. . . we're planning to run the dime as a base defense because we're going to be ahead all the time. . . .

TXBRONC
04-26-2009, 07:13 PM
I have no problem with the picks that were made but something seems to be missing and just can't put my finger on it. :ponder:

West
04-26-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't know all that much about him other than what he did last year for a team that went undefeated through the SEC. But I didn't see any of their games until they got bushwhacked by the Utes.

Not that I don't trust you but could you elaborate on why you think he's so bad? Which is not to say I think he's so great . . .

Well that 12-0 record is largely due to a great defense and a great running game. JPW didn't do shit all year to help us win. He makes bad decision, not a big arm, undersized, not a leader.. He's just sucks.