I think this is great - Coach Fox is ranked 8th out of 33

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82849b56?module=HP11_cp#photo=8

Dzone
04-13-2012, 03:14 PM
pretty cool. I hope after this season he is #1

underrated29
04-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Who is #33?

Are they including sean peyton and the other NO HC?

CrazyHorse
04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
I like where Leslie Frazier is. Everyone in MN is blindly optimistic about the guy. I still think they made a mistake in letting Childress go.

dogfish
04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
shanahan got bitch-slapped. . . :lol:

dogfish
04-13-2012, 04:26 PM
I still think they made a mistake in letting Childress go.

:rofl: :spit: :pound:

CrazyHorse
04-13-2012, 04:42 PM
:rofl: :spit: :pound:
Besides the handling of McNabb and Moss in what way is he a bad coach. He got them to the AFC Championship game and if Favre hadn't thrown an interception or the rest of the team hadn't made 5 turnovers probably would have won the Super Bowl that year.

dogfish
04-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Besides the handling of McNabb and Moss in what way is he a bad coach. He got them to the AFC Championship game and if Favre hadn't thrown an interception or the rest of the team hadn't made 5 turnovers probably would have won the Super Bowl that year.

have you seen his playcalling?

:lol:

seriously, go to any vikes site on the nets and ask them about chillyball. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Who is #33?

Are they including sean peyton and the other NO HC?

I would guess that is what they are doing:

32. Joe Vitt (and whoever else), New Orleans Saints

Magnificent Seven
04-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Nice Read!

DenBronx
04-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Fox did an excellent job given the circumstances. Players LOVE this guy and with the addition of Elway I can see even more wanting to come to Denver in the long run. Now with Peyton, Fox wont have a choice but be aggressive on offense. It will be a great combo of the two.

My gut tells me we will be very good next year and what a 180 from McD. Completely going the other way now and not backwards.

BroncoWave
04-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Fox did an excellent job given the circumstances. Players LOVE this guy and with the addition of Elway I can see even more wanting to come to Denver in the long run. Now with Peyton, Fox wont have a choice but be aggressive on offense. It will be a great combo of the two.

My gut tells me we will be very good next year and what a 180 from McD. Completely going the other way now and not backwards.

Just goes to show that in the NFL no head coach (not even McD) can set a franchise back 5-10 years like many fans were saying when he got fired. As long as you have the right leadership in place you can rebuild pretty quickly in this league. I just laughed when people said he set our franchise back for years and years to come.

Chef Zambini
04-14-2012, 01:29 PM
people site 5-10 year set backs because thats the NORM not the exception.
sure you get some miracle turnarounds like when the falcons lost VICK and Petrino turned his back on hbius players coaches, staff, franchise and city, like a 4 year old unhappy with the sandbox conditions.
But a new GM, HC and the aquisition of a first round RYAN, yeh THEY managed a miracle.
the LIONS?
you draft in the top ten of every draft, every round, for TEN consecutive years,
and you too can be an "overnight sensation"

Chef Zambini
04-14-2012, 01:30 PM
BUDDY RYAN set back the cardinals organization, 10 years.

BroncoWave
04-14-2012, 02:22 PM
No one coach can set a franchise back 10 years. As we proved, the right coach and management can turn a team around quickly in the NFL.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 04:08 PM
No one coach can set a franchise back 10 years. As we proved, the right coach and management can turn a team around quickly in the NFL.

We don't know that. McDaniels ABSOLUTELY set this team back, probably a decade from finding its franchise QB. Manning is awesome, but how many times have you seen a bona-fide HoF QB like Manning hit the FA market? If anything we got lucky at best. If we hadn't gotten Manning, we STILL would be looking to find a FQB for this team, and would be stuck with Tebow. If you think our college offense would have worked this coming year, then you aren't being realistic.

A coach that trades away pro-bowl, young, starters in his first year can ABSOLUTELY set a team back. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched, either.

Canmore
04-14-2012, 05:36 PM
We don't know that. McDaniels ABSOLUTELY set this team back, probably a decade from finding its franchise QB. Manning is awesome, but how many times have you seen a bona-fide HoF QB like Manning hit the FA market? If anything we got lucky at best. If we hadn't gotten Manning, we STILL would be looking to find a FQB for this team, and would be stuck with Tebow. If you think our college offense would have worked this coming year, then you aren't being realistic.

A coach that trades away pro-bowl, young, starters in his first year can ABSOLUTELY set a team back. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched, either.

Agreed. McDaniels was arrogant and stupid. A lethal combination. The trades McDaniels made were asinine. He shipped out all the young talent and brought in nothing. We were the most talent depleted team in the league and our record showed it. We are fighting our way out of that deep, deep hole. We have a long way to go.

MOtorboat
04-14-2012, 07:56 PM
It's ridiculous to say McDaniels set this team a decade behind. Ridiculous.

In retrospect, a few years, tops. With the quality of quarterbacks coming out of college right now I don't believe for one second he set the team back 10 years. The problem was he selected the wrong damn quarterback in the draft.

Poet
04-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Marvin Lewis should be last. Almost a decade in and zero playoff victories. One of the worst coaches in terms of challenges and every time the Bengals have a good season they miss the playoffs the next year. He is one of the worst head coaches I have ever seen.

Simple Jaded
04-15-2012, 03:02 AM
Marvin Lewis should be last. Almost a decade in and zero playoff victories. One of the worst coaches in terms of challenges and every time the Bengals have a good season they miss the playoffs the next year. He is one of the worst head coaches I have ever seen.
Just be glad you didn't have to live thru Josh McDaniels, least Lewis is a completely dysfunctional douche bucket.......

CoachChaz
04-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Are we still calling Cutler a franchise QB? I must have been asleep when he proved worthy of that label

DenBronx
04-15-2012, 12:36 PM

If you guys have another bad season I can see them finally cutting ties with Lewis. My only wish is that he goes to SD when they fire Norv and Norv goes to KC.

BroncoWave
04-15-2012, 12:59 PM
If you guys have another bad season I can see them finally cutting ties with Lewis. My only wish is that he goes to SD when they fire Norv and Norv goes to KC.

Norv Turner and Marvin Lewis must have incriminating photos of their teams' owners or something.

turftoad
04-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I think Bidwell did that to himself.

Simple Jaded
04-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Are we still calling Cutler a franchise QB? I must have been asleep when he proved worthy of that label
**** yes, he's a franchise QB.......

Dzone
04-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Man, I pray that Manning is healed, that's all I gotta say

Dzone
04-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Cutler definitely has the Jeff George Diva attitude down cold.

FanInAZ
04-15-2012, 10:42 PM

Cards record, 5 years prior to Ryan
'89: 5-11
'90: 5-11
'91: 4-12
'92: 4-12
'93: 7-9

Cards record, with Ryan
'94: 8-8
'95: 4-12

Cards record, 5 years after Ryan
'96: 7-9
'97: 4:12
'98: 9-7 (1-1 post season)
'99: 6-10
'00: 3-13

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/

The Cards record in their last season before Ryan (7-9) was identical to their record in their 1st season after Ryan. Their 1st 4 seasons after Ryan ('96-'99) were the best 4 year stretch (26-38/1-1 post season) since '81-'84 (29-27-1/0-1 post season).

Conclusion: The Cards stunk before, with & after Ryan.

Simple Jaded
04-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Cutler definitely has the Jeff George Diva attitude down cold.

Diva? Ha! This coming from a fan of a QB that's better known for selling underwear and getting Mani/Pedi's than he is his actual QB skills.......

MOtorboat
04-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Diva? Ha! This coming from a fan of a QB that's better known for selling underwear and getting Mani/Pedi's than he is his actual QB skills.......

Cutler is a complete Diva and an utter douche and an ******* to most people he comes in contact to.

Tebow doesn't even remotely come close to his skill, but he is 1000x the person that piece of shit it.

Jsteve01
04-16-2012, 11:11 PM

vs the qb who had to come out of the biggest game in his entire football life because he had a sprained mangina, but said injury didn't keep him from climbing the stairs to a trendy Chicago eatery the same night while out on the town with his girlfriend.

Simple Jaded
04-16-2012, 11:25 PM
vs the qb who had to come out of the biggest game in his entire football life because he had a sprained mangina, but said injury didn't keep him from climbing the stairs to a trendy Chicago eatery the same night while out on the town with his girlfriend.Wow! You must really watch a lot of TMZ.......

MOtorboat
04-17-2012, 05:08 PM
vs the qb who had to come out of the biggest game in his entire football life because he had a sprained mangina, but said injury didn't keep him from climbing the stairs to a trendy Chicago eatery the same night while out on the town with his girlfriend.

Well. She IS pretty hot.

Jsteve01
04-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Wow! You must really watch a lot of TMZ.......

excellent response....or you could go with the fact that twitter was all over it. It's a fact.

Simple Jaded
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
excellent response....or you could go with the fact that twitter was all over it. It's a fact.

I know but it's usually the TMZ that rots peoples brain to the point that they're stupid enough to think that you can't walk with a torn MCL. You have any idea how many players before/since have left/missed games with torn MCL's? Including Urlacher and Forte? It's a fact.......

dogfish
04-17-2012, 09:22 PM
climb a couple of stairs, get chased down by clay matthews. . . same basic thing, right?