PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Chris Kuper focuses on comeback after gruesome ankle injury

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2012, 10:09 AM
There was pain, agony and near hysteria as the ankle contorted almost completely backward. None of these sickening reactions, though, were from the guy with the mangled ankle.

The last time people saw Chris Kuper in a Broncos uniform — and there were 76,005 at Sports Authority Field for the season finale against Kansas City on Jan. 1, a nationally televised audience, and thousands more following The Denver Post online — he delivered one of the coolest, bravest performances ever witnessed in football competition.

"Well, everybody was freaking out," Kuper said in a recent interview with The Denver Post. "And I didn't want to freak out. I'm sure I was in a little bit of shock, but it didn't hurt as bad as it looked. When I did it, I was like, 'That's a really bad high ankle sprain.' Until I saw it."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20386128/broncos-chris-kuper-focuses-comeback-after-gruesome-ankle

dogfish
04-13-2012, 10:14 AM
after the ankle's right, he'll go back to focusing on mushing faces and kicking ass. . .

:salute:

Cugel
04-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this. It will take a lot longer than he's pretending to have that leg completely healed from compound fracture. He might be able to get out on the field and practice, but to be 100% healthy?

I don't think so. Not this season. I hope he can fully recover of course. But, it's hard to believe, knowing about how long it takes to recover from such an injury.

DenBronx
04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Warrior.

GEM
04-13-2012, 11:41 AM
The guys around him were freaking out more than he was. :lol: He hopped on the cart on his own...craziness!!

dogfish
04-13-2012, 01:37 PM
The guys around him were freaking out more than he was. :lol: He hopped on the cart on his own...craziness!!

that was the ugliest thing i've seen happen on the field since LT broke theisman. . .

even for a bunch of tough guys, that has to make you queasy to see up close. . .

ShaneFalco
04-13-2012, 05:30 PM
if he comes back from that, he is a beast.

Dean
04-13-2012, 11:00 PM
He is a beast. He has already shown that.

The question is where is he in rehab. Once it heals that ankle will be stronger than the other but can he get in condition to play in the season opener? IMO he will do anything and everything they ask of him to try and be on the field.

Dean
04-14-2012, 06:38 PM
It sound like Chris think he will be back and ready to go.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20386128/broncos-chris-kuper-focuses-comeback-after-gruesome-ankle

Simple Jaded
04-15-2012, 01:38 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this. It will take a lot longer than he's pretending to have that leg completely healed from compound fracture. He might be able to get out on the field and practice, but to be 100% healthy?

I don't think so. Not this season. I hope he can fully recover of course. But, it's hard to believe, knowing about how long it takes to recover from such an injury.I had the same injury in Jan 2011, 15 months later I'm still on No-weight baring after my 4th surgery to fix cartilage damage and remove hardware. I know Kuper will get the best treatment money can buy but I sincerely hope he heals faster than I do. With the exception of hardware removal all the damage in my ankle should have to addressed during the first surgery and I'm sure the Broncos were smart enough to do it right the first time.

However, many NFL players have had similar injuries and it takes a lot longer than 6 months in most cases. Ben Tate had a similar injury in preseason 2010 and wasn't cleared for light activities until Feb 2011. Professionals are an entirely different animal, obviously, especially OLman, but I am with you on this one.......