PDA

View Full Version : Utah State RB Robert Turbin to visit Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
04-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Every now and then, NFL teams will like a college prospect more than the draft mockers.

Robert Turbin isn’t often listed in the first two to three rounds of most NFL mock drafts, but the Broncos like the Utah State running back enough to bring him in for a visit early next week.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/04/11/utah-state-rb-robin-turbin-visit-broncos/12982/

Jsteve01
04-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Ill take turbine or Martin and be plenty happy. I want another bruiser

sneakers
04-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Here is a picture if anyone wants to see who we are talking about:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/art/news/lifestyles/links/turban_niger.jpg

SpringsBroncoFan
04-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Martin is the all-around guy whereas Turbin is pretty explosive & perhaps except for vision is a better runner. Martin has better footwork period. Both catch well but Turbin sucks at pass blocking, he needs alot of work there. In fairness possibly a result of the platoon back system they used and his missing so much time due to injuries (all of 2010). His knee is solid now as evidenced by the great year he had. They probably want to get a better handle on what's needed to bring him up to speed in pass pro.

He's a beast in the gym... calls himself the incredible hulk... his coaches have to shut him down so he doesn't bulk up too much...

SF brought him in for a visit too and they pick at 3.29 so if we want him we'd have to grab him with our 3.24. Gore has alot of mileage on him...

Cugel
04-13-2012, 02:08 PM
This is exactly what they ought to be doing! :beer:

Identify RBs who might be available in the 3rd or 4th round who can come in and contribute right away. NO 1st or 2nd round RBs! But, a guy who sounds like he's fast and big and ran for 1,500 yards as a Junior would be just the ticket if they could grab him with a 4th rounder. Even a 3rd wouldn't be too high if they felt he was solid.

hotcarl
04-13-2012, 02:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/71kVi.jpg

Jsteve01
04-13-2012, 03:55 PM

Martin is the all-around guy whereas Turbin is pretty explosive & perhaps except for vision is a better runner. Martin has better footwork period. Both catch well but Turbin sucks at pass blocking, he needs alot of work there. In fairness possibly a result of the platoon back system they used and his missing so much time due to injuries (all of 2010). His knee is solid now as evidenced by the great year he had. They probably want to get a better handle on what's needed to bring him up to speed in pass pro.

He's a beast in the gym... calls himself the incredible hulk... his coaches have to shut him down so he doesn't bulk up too much...

SF brought him in for a visit too and they pick at 3.29 so if we want him we'd have to grab him with our 3.24. Gore has alot of mileage on him...Kendall hunter looked good this year i doubt they draft turbin

Superchop 7
04-13-2012, 04:17 PM
A nice blend of speed and power.....one of the guys I've had my eye on.......but.....L. James is going to be an explosive guy in the NFL......had to stick with the guy that gives d-co-ord headaches.

That being said.....I would not be angry if they went this route.

dogfish
04-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Kendall hunter looked good this year i doubt they draft turbin

hunter's a 200 pound speed guy-- he's just not big enough to be a full-time ballcarrier in the offense harbaugh wants to run. . . he's a nice long-term #2, but they need somebody to carry the mail when gore finally breaks down for good pretty soon here. . . i think polk or turbin are very likely picks for them. . .