PDA

View Full Version : Thomas not sad to see Tebow go: “I wasn’t getting no balls”

Pages : [1] 2

Traveler
04-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 12, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT

Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas raced 80 yards with a Tim Tebow pass in overtime against the Steelers to score one of the biggest touchdowns of the year in the NFL. It would also prove to be Tebow’s last pass in Denver as a Bronco, and Thomas doesn’t feel bad about that.

Thomas told the 2 Live Stews that he’s happy the Broncos traded Tebow and signed Peyton Manning because, for a wide receiver, playing with a passer like Manning is a lot more fun than playing with a running quarterback like Tebow.

“It’s a business decision,” Thomas said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I ain’t going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn’t getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws, but I don’t want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton.”

Thomas had some big games with Tebow passing to him, but Thomas is only saying what any honest wide receiver would say: Is there any receiver in the NFL who would rather play with Tebow than Manning? Thomas also hinted that he didn’t appreciate the way the media credited Tebow for the Broncos’ success instead of crediting the entire team.

“Everything on ESPN was all about Tim,” Thomas said. “That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.’”

And Thomas said that while Tebow is a good teammate, he wasn’t quite the darling of the locker room that he’s sometimes made out to be. When Tebow missed throws, people noticed.

“You would have people calling him out saying, ‘Tim you gotta make that throw. You gotta read the defenses better,’” Thomas said. “Players on offense trying to get him better.”

One thing we can be reasonably sure about is that in Denver this year, no one is going to need to call Peyton Manning out about reading defenses better.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/thomas-not-sad-to-see-tebow-go-i-wasnt-getting-no-balls/

DT said what many I know have been thinking....

Northman
04-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Lol, wait for it......

BigDaddyBronco
04-12-2012, 02:35 PM
OK D. Thomas, you opened your mouth. Now it's time to stop dropping balls and getting hurt or maybe Manning will be happy throwing to another WR.

BeefStew25
04-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Yep, time to back it up Bay Bay.

Northman
04-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Glad to see a player finally validate what ive been saying all last year. Got tired of beating that drum.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Wow, he went to college? I ain't got no balls.

What does he expect too he was injured half the season with his Achilles.

Better not be starting the pre-Madonna WR ego crap now. Decker seems a lot more humble since being interviewed post Tebow.

turftoad
04-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Better not be starting the pre-Madonna WR ego crap now. Decker seems a lot more humble since being interviewed post Tebow.

Did you read the article? I didn't see any pre-medonna out of him at all. He was just telling the truth and didn't bad mouth Tebow at all really.

Any WR would rather play with the likes of Manning than Tebow. Like he said, it's more fun.

claymore
04-12-2012, 02:59 PM
That was a great read.

camdisco24
04-12-2012, 03:01 PM
He's right in what he said, but wrong that he said it at all.

These kind of comments need to stay in the locker room and away from the media.

Unnecessary to say at this point honestly.

Northman
04-12-2012, 03:02 PM

Well to be honest, saying it now is a lot better than saying it while they were on their run last year.

camdisco24
04-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Well to be honest, saying it now is a lot better than saying it while they were on their run last year.

Well obviously, but why say it at all?

Just seems like kicking a guy on his way out the door IMO.

Tned
04-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Good read

Northman
04-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Well obviously, but why say it at all?

Just seems like kicking a guy on his way out the door IMO.

I dont think he was kicking Tebow. He made some positive notes in his comments. But i think he wanted to clear the air about it being a team effort and not about just one guy.

HammeredOut
04-12-2012, 03:16 PM
OK D. Thomas, you opened your mouth. Now it's time to stop dropping balls and getting hurt or maybe Manning will be happy throwing to another WR.

Well, unlike Tim Tebow, Payton Manning will not have passes coming in like a "Sideways Punt"... Or "Tim Tebow Punt Passes".... Tebow underthrew most balls, and if they had any air in his passes, they came in looking like a Punt, coming from Tebows Arm... So I don't blame the recievers because the QB couldn't throw a spiral...

Our Place Kicker, and Punter had nicer spirals then what Tebow could ever dream of delievering...

OrangeHoof
04-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Wow. A receiver is not unhappy that Tebow was replaced by Manning. I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

Jsteve01
04-12-2012, 03:43 PM
for the record it's prima donna, which means drama queen. Self seeking etc. Pre Madonna well that's a whole different ball of wax...that's like Whitney Houston or something

sneakers
04-12-2012, 03:45 PM
He played College at georgia tech where they ran the triple option, he should be used to this.

Ravage!!!
04-12-2012, 03:48 PM

Tim isn't on the team any more, so "staying in the locker room" is what they did with Tim when he was here. People want to speculate about "this and that" about how a player is received in a locker room, but when a player is honest, want to jump his case if it isn't positive about the player they wish it to be positive about.

Thomas was just being honest. He seems to be another player that is/was sick of Tim getting all the credit for not doing much. That "one pass" is something Thomas benefitted from as well, so its not like he's a player that watched what was transpiring from the sidelines. He was a BIG part of it.

I don't know what Thomas has to "back up" simply because he stated Tim didn't throw the ball a lot, or read defenses well, or throw to open receivers. Perhaps some didn't realize this was a problem to begin with. I just think that some put Tebow on such a HIGH pedestal, that anything that isn't putting the cross on his back, is badmouthing him.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, unlike Tim Tebow, Payton Manning will not have passes coming in like a "Sideways Punt"... Or "Tim Tebow Punt Passes".... Tebow underthrew most balls, and if they had any air in his passes, they came in looking like a Punt, coming from Tebows Arm... So I don't blame the recievers because the QB couldn't throw a spiral...

Our Place Kicker, and Punter had nicer spirals then what Tebow could ever dream of delievering...

You don't watch much Peyton Manning do you? Manning actually doesn't throw a very tight spiral and about 1/2 of his passes have a noticeable wobble. Yes, he's extremely accurate and puts the ball in the right spot more often than not, but his passes aren't the ideally "catchable" ones you make them out to be. Watch some of his millions of highlights of him throwing passes and you'll see what I mean.

If the ball hits the WR in the hands it should be caught, period. Manning should make our WRs better, but they still need to catch balls that hit them in the hands.

ShaneFalco
04-12-2012, 04:16 PM
i like DT alot, but this just comes off as selfish. I know DT always gets taken out of context tho, because he isnt very media savvy and people take advantage of it. I really dont think he meant what is coming out from these writers. The guy played at a triple option college, i doubt getting balls was the case.

dogfish
04-12-2012, 04:16 PM
DT better be worrying about handling his own business-- like getting his ass to denver and putting in some work with peyton like decker is. . . if DT thinks he was unhappy with teebs, just wait 'til he sees how manning feels about him the first time he runs the wrong route, or even comes out of his break a second late. . . he'll have plenty of balls coming his way this year, and he better make sure he knows where to be on the field to catch them. . . his comments about tebow may not be off base, but IMO they don't sound good at all coming from a p[layer who's proven very little himself-- i hope the young fella realizes just how full of holes his own game is, and how much better he himself needs to get. . .

in other words, don't talk like a cocky vet, DT-- you haven't arrived yet either, my man. . .

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Did you read the article? I didn't see any pre-medonna out of him at all. He was just telling the truth and didn't bad mouth Tebow at all really.

Any WR would rather play with the likes of Manning than Tebow. Like he said, it's more fun.

I did read it. He talked about not getting no balls thrown his way and mentioned "that pass". Players getting on Tebow about not making throws.

skins_fan82
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Even though Demarius is doing nothing but telling the truth...

LOL @ him saying everything he said and then ended with "but i don't wanna talk bad about Tim." LOL.

silkamilkamonico
04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Let's hope, for his own sake, he learns how to catch the ball a little bit better, or Manning won't put up with that chit, and DT's ass will be sitting on the bench next to Knowshon Moreno.

topscribe
04-12-2012, 04:47 PM
DT better be worrying about handling his own business-- like getting his ass to denver and putting in some work with peyton like decker is. . . if DT thinks he was unhappy with teebs, just wait 'til he sees how manning feels about him the first time he runs the wrong route, or even comes out of his break a second late. . . he'll have plenty of balls coming his way this year, and he better make sure he knows where to be on the field to catch them. . . his comments about tebow may not be off base, but IMO they don't sound good at all coming from a p[layer who's proven very little himself-- i hope the young fella realizes just how full of holes his own game is, and how much better he himself needs to get. . .

in other words, don't talk like a cocky vet, DT-- you haven't arrived yet either, my man. . .
Sorry, but I didn't notice anything particularly cocky about what DT said. He simply told the truth as he knows it.

It's refreshing to get some truth out of a player instead of the usual euphemistic garbage.

And he's not catching passes because he just went through surgery on his finger . . .

Ravage!!!
04-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Lol at the "manning will bench him" thing.

Broncfan1970
04-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Wow people your Bronco fans, stop worrying about the feelings of an ex Bronco player with, marginal QB talent, getting hurt by a current Bronco player who has fantastic potential. LOL Tebow is a big boy the truth of how recievers feel about his ability may help him in long run, but honestly I don't care cause he's a jet not a Bronco.....

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 04:54 PM
for the record it's prima donna, which means drama queen. Self seeking etc. Pre Madonna well that's a whole different ball of wax...that's like Whitney Houston or something

That is auto correct for you right there. I know what it means. Self seeking...."I wasn't getting no balls thrown my way"
I dont want him going down that slope. 51 yards per completions and setting a couple post season records could go to his head.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Wow people your Bronco fans, stop worrying about the feelings of an ex Bronco player with, marginal QB talent, getting hurt by a current Bronco player who has fantastic potential. LOL Tebow is a big boy the truth of how recievers feel about his ability may help him in long run, but honestly I don't care cause he's a jet not a Bronco.....

Well obviously you have not been on these boards long, old players are always mentioned. Tebow WAS a bronco and therefore there will always be a thread with his name in it. Just like Culter and Plummer are brought up now and then. He has been a Jet what 2 weeks? It will take time for his name to move into the past, but as long as his name in the headlines we will always here about in here. Just like when Culter is in the headlines or Marshall.

dogfish
04-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Sorry, but I didn't notice anything particularly cocky about what DT said. He simply told the truth as he knows it.

It's refreshing to get some truth out of a player instead of the usual euphemistic garbage.

And he's not catching passes because he just went through surgery on his finger . . .

then he needs to get out here and at least run the route tree with manning, unless they operated on one of his toes also. . .

silkamilkamonico
04-12-2012, 05:00 PM
DThomas had 6 drops an 32 catches.

That's a drop every 5.2 catches.

LMAO at Demaryious Thomas.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 05:01 PM
DThomas had 6 drops an 32 catches.

That's a drop every 5.2 catches.

LMAO at Demaryious Thomas.

Not his fault the ball had a weird spin on it from a lefty. Or that the ball actually made it to him instead of the stands/dirt.

silkamilkamonico
04-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Not his fault the ball had a weird spin on it from a lefty. Or that the ball actually made it to him instead of the stands/dirt.

They don't register drops when the ball hits the dirt. And no, of course the WR doesn't have to catch the ball if it hits them in the hands. That's reserved for CB's.

Northman
04-12-2012, 05:08 PM
then he needs to get out here and at least run the route tree with manning, unless they operated on one of his toes also. . .

Carol posted an article about something going on with his finger from last year. Im sure he will be out there when he can.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Carol posted an article about something going on with his finger from last year. Im sure he will be out there when he can.

always something. When is his ass going to be 100% healthy.

dogfish
04-12-2012, 05:18 PM

tell me again how his finger keeps him from running?

:noidea:

Northman
04-12-2012, 05:20 PM
tell me again how his finger keeps him from running?

Why is he going to run? Catching with a bad hand is the problem. Im sure he is working out so exercise isnt a problem.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Why is he going to run? Catching with a bad hand is the problem. Im sure he is working out so exercise isnt a problem.

If he injured it in September, how did he play on it in the playoffs?

He should atleast be meeting with Manning and could be running routes and picking his brain.

Northman
04-12-2012, 05:29 PM
If he injured it in September, how did he play on it in the playoffs?

He should atleast be meeting with Manning and could be running routes and picking his brain.

Yes, because you are currently running the team right now and know exactly what is wrong with him. Please. Some of you guys crack me up.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Yes, because you are currently running the team right now and know exactly what is wrong with him. Please. Some of you guys crack me up.

I remember when he broke his finger during the season and had to have a pin inserted. He had that pinned removed recently. Which usually means that the bone is set and healed.

But the fact is you have a new QB. You are probably not going to go into camp and expect to live up to Manning expectations of you as young WR.

Ravage!!!
04-12-2012, 05:35 PM

Run the route tree... so then Manning could turn and "pretend" to throw the ball to him? What would this gain? Where have you EVER heard of this happening? Running the "route tree" isn't getting him in condition, isn't getting him balls, and would probably tempt him to catch balls he should NOT be catching.

You guys are looking to attack Thomas for nothing more than saying he's happier to have Manning than Tebow.... really? Why is what he said such a bad thing? I think we ALLLLLLL should be happy we have Manning over Tebow.

Ravage!!!
04-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I remember when he broke his finger during the season and had to have a pin inserted. He had that pinned removed recently. Which usually means that the bone is set and healed.

But the fact is you have a new QB. You are probably not going to go into camp and expect to live up to Manning expectations of you as young WR.

So now you are the doctor/trainer as well.

dogfish
04-12-2012, 05:40 PM

he needs to work with manning. . . even if he can't catch, he can run the route tree, and peyton can teach DT how he wants the routes run-- something demaryious needs A LOT of work on. . . this ain't the georgia tech/tim tebow/go deep and i'll look for you offense any more. . . guys like decker and willis are out there right now, learning all the thousands of nuances of running routes in an actual precision offense. . .

hell, even if his gimp ass is in a wheelchair, he should be out there watching, listening and taking notes. . . manning's time is damn valuable, he doesn't need to be wasting it giving DT remedial lessons whenever he finally feels like showing up. . . peyton was on NFL total access last night, preaching about just how critical this off-season work is, and what an enormous role it plays in leading to success during the season. . . DT needs to put down his stones, and get his glass ass out of its glass house and out on the practice field. . . i would object much less to him criticizing a former teammate if i saw him being a professional and working on his own craft. . . you got a contract year coming up soon enough, young man, get to work. . .

dogfish
04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
“These workouts, they’re so rewarding,” Manning said. “You don’t feel it, necessarily, right now, but you know it’s going to pay dividends in the fall. When there’s a third-and-5 and there’s a pass pattern you complete to Eric Decker, and you say, ‘We worked on that back in April and May, and that time we put in was worth it because it came on a critical third-down conversion or a touchdown pass.’ I’ve seen that first-hand over the course of my career, that offseason work makes a big difference come fall. You can’t just show up in September and expect to be successful, expect to win games. And so this offseason work is critical. I’ve enjoyed the time, getting to know these receivers, they’re kind of getting to know me. It’s a marathon now, no question about it. It’s not a sprint. We do have some time, and the more we can do with it the better off we’re going to be.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/peyton-manning-says-hes-already-making-progress-with-broncos-receivers/

Ravage!!!
04-12-2012, 05:51 PM
So true. Glad we have a QB working on those things instead of on a book signing tour.

bcbronc
04-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey, its possible we'll be battling NYJ for a wikdcard spot or a first round bye next season. Any competitive advantage we Can get over them is to our advantge. I'd like to see every bronco plyer left over from last season talk some real trash about Timmy, maybe it will mess with his head a bit. Its all about the double-yous yo.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 05:54 PM
So now you are the doctor/trainer as well.

jack of all trades. But no, just experience with pin in fingers.

blamkin86
04-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I didn't read it as cocky in the least bit. He wants someone to throw him the ball.

And the stat on drops - whatever - show me the stat on how many times he was wide open and the ball didn't come his way.

I liked it. He flat out said nothing against Tebow (who's gone now, btw).

Northman
04-12-2012, 05:56 PM
he needs to work with manning. . . even if he can't catch, he can run the route tree, and peyton can teach DT how he wants the routes run-- something demaryious needs A LOT of work on. . . this ain't the georgia tech/tim tebow/go deep and i'll look for you offense any more. . . guys like decker and willis are out there right now, learning all the thousands of nuances of running routes in an actual precision offense. . .

hell, even if his gimp ass is in a wheelchair, he should be out there watching, listening and taking notes. . . manning's time is damn valuable, he doesn't need to be wasting it giving DT remedial lessons whenever he finally feels like showing up. . . peyton was on NFL total access last night, preaching about just how critical this off-season work is, and what an enormous role it plays in leading to success during the season. . . DT needs to put down his stones, and get his glass ass out of its glass house and out on the practice field. . . i would object much less to him criticizing a former teammate if i saw him being a professional and working on his own craft. . . you got a contract year coming up soon enough, young man, get to work. . .

Like i said, none of you are doctors or running the team. This was posted from Carol in another thread.

Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi

D-Thomas recently had pin removed from fractured finger (the one he fractured in Sept). That's why he hasn't been throwing with Manning.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 05:56 PM
So true. Glad we have a QB working on those things instead of on a book signing tour.

Talking about Manning here not Tebow. Cant you do a thread without bringing him up.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Like i said, none of you are doctors or running the team. This was posted from Carol in another thread.

So since Manning is running the offense and will prob be in charge of the playbook. Why does it hurt him to being talking with Manning. Learn the routes, and what manning wants them to run. So he cant catch the ball for a few days, he still should be working with Manning. Manning has been throwing for how many weeks now with Decker? 2?

Northman
04-12-2012, 06:09 PM
So since Manning is running the offense and will prob be in charge of the playbook. Why does it hurt him to being talking with Manning. Learn the routes, and what manning wants them to run. So he cant catch the ball for a few days, he still should be working with Manning. Manning has been throwing for how many weeks now with Decker? 2?

Who knows, im not there so i wont judge him based off bias mate.

Broncos Mtnman
04-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Well, neither was I.

:coffee:

Buff
04-12-2012, 06:37 PM

Beef's life was incomplete pre-Madonna.

Broncfan1970
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Well obviously you have not been on these boards long, old players are always mentioned. Tebow WAS a bronco and therefore there will always be a thread with his name in it. Just like Culter and Plummer are brought up now and then. He has been a Jet what 2 weeks? It will take time for his name to move into the past, but as long as his name in the headlines we will always here about in here. Just like when Culter is in the headlines or Marshall.

Hmmmm..... you are the 2nd poster to figure out I am a newer member, give yourself a pat on the back. Anyhow please reread my post think you didn't understand what was written. I said I could care less if tebows feelings get hurt. I never said don't post about him, I actually plan on pointing out often how badly flawed he was as a QB on here often.

Also you may wanna seek out law dog's opinion on keeping tebows name posted here, he's under the impression all of you "Old timers" here have moved on. LOL

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Hmmmm..... you are the 2nd poster to figure out I am a newer member, give yourself a pat on the back. Anyhow please reread my post think you didn't understand what was written. I said I could care less if tebows feelings get hurt. I never said don't post about him, I actually plan on pointing out often how badly flawed he was as a QB on here often.

Also you may wanna seek out law dog's opinion on keeping tebows name posted here, he's under the impression all of you "Old timers" here have moved on. LOL

I am not an old timer, lol. I was a tebow supporter and I think he will improve and get better. I dont care how often you post how you "think" he is flawed. I doubt some small works can hurt Tebows feelings.

BORDERLINE
04-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I heard comments on NFL Network. I agree with North that at least HE waited until tebow was out of town instead of saying this during the little 6 game wining streak. Seems to me the radio guys made him feel comfortable and D.T just opened up like a book. I tought D.T was on Tebows side after his tweet about the B.Quinn comments. I guess most of the guys in the locker room where jealous of the attention he was getting. It was bound to happen I just really believed out of all the guys who would have came out with something negative that it would have been D.T. Now HE did DROP plenty of balls during the year. NONE more than in the Minny game ( I just watched it on shortcuts).

I'm sure any set of WR would LOVE to play with 18 and D.T is NO different. But like I said after the Decker comments about Mannings Arm. These guys have NO EXCUSES for anything anymore. If balls are ON the GROUND it's on them. But I doubt that will be the case. And well we WILL continue to talk Tebow for as long as that dude is in the NFL. Haters/Supporters Tebow is one guy everyone has an opinion about.

topscribe
04-12-2012, 06:59 PM
They don't register drops when the ball hits the dirt. And no, of course the WR doesn't have to catch the ball if it hits them in the hands. That's reserved for CB's.
Sometimes too much blame can be attributed to the receiver. Some quarterbacks throw more catchable balls than others. Decker, for instance, dropped several balls from Tebow. Yet he came out of college with the reputation of catching everything within sight, and that is just what he did with Orton. That alone raises questions in my mind about who had borne the greater responsibility for some of those dropped passes.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Sometimes too much blame can be attributed to the receiver. Some quarterbacks throw more catchable balls than others. Decker, for instance, dropped several balls from Tebow. Yet he came out of college with the reputation of catching everything within sight, and that is just what he did with Orton. That alone raises questions in my mind about who had borne the greater responsibility for some of those dropped passes.

Decker dropped them with Orton too, but more so with Tebow. I do know a wobbly ball in the air is harder to catch then a tight spiral and that can contribute to off the fingers. I am in the mind set that it is just an area Decker can improve in and with manning it should be even easier. I think he will be awesome.

Cugel
04-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Tim isn't on the team any more, so "staying in the locker room" is what they did with Tim when he was here. People want to speculate about "this and that" about how a player is received in a locker room, but when a player is honest, want to jump his case if it isn't positive about the player they wish it to be positive about.

Thomas was just being honest. He seems to be another player that is/was sick of Tim getting all the credit for not doing much. That "one pass" is something Thomas benefitted from as well, so its not like he's a player that watched what was transpiring from the sidelines. He was a BIG part of it.

I don't know what Thomas has to "back up" simply because he stated Tim didn't throw the ball a lot, or read defenses well, or throw to open receivers. Perhaps some didn't realize this was a problem to begin with. I just think that some put Tebow on such a HIGH pedestal, that anything that isn't putting the cross on his back, is badmouthing him.

Clearly Ravage, Thou are a blasphemer to the Church of Tebow! As penance you must repent and say 50 Our Tebows, and 50 Hail Tims! :laugh:

Cugel
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I heard comments on NFL Network. I agree with North that at least HE waited until tebow was out of town instead of saying this during the little 6 game wining streak. Seems to me the radio guys made him feel comfortable and D.T just opened up like a book. I tought D.T was on Tebows side after his tweet about the B.Quinn comments. I guess most of the guys in the locker room where jealous of the attention he was getting. It was bound to happen I just really believed out of all the guys who would have came out with something negative that it would have been D.T. Now HE did DROP plenty of balls during the year. NONE more than in the Minny game ( I just watched it on shortcuts).

I'm sure any set of WR would LOVE to play with 18 and D.T is NO different. But like I said after the Decker comments about Mannings Arm. These guys have NO EXCUSES for anything anymore. If balls are ON the GROUND it's on them. But I doubt that will be the case. And well we WILL continue to talk Tebow for as long as that dude is in the NFL. Haters/Supporters Tebow is one guy everyone has an opinion about.

I think it wasn't so much jealousy at the attention Tim was getting. I imagine many of them would be uncomfortable with that level of attention to everything they did.

But, exactly as Thomas said, Tebow was hogging all the credit for wins that were often made possible because the defense held them to low score.

The Steelers game is an example. That wasn't a 37-35 win. The defense had to stop a few drives by Roethlisberger to give them a chance to come back. So, it's really more of a team win. Sure Tebow and Thomas both made good plays, but if an OL missed a block that play wasn't going to happen.

dogfish
04-12-2012, 07:13 PM
if they don't want to see the QB get most of the props, maybe they should have played a different sport. . .

:laugh:

thank god we now have a QB who will stay properly in the background and let the receivers and the defense get more credit!

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I think it wasn't so much jealousy at the attention Tim was getting. I imagine many of them would be uncomfortable with that level of attention to everything they did.

But, exactly as Thomas said, Tebow was hogging all the credit for wins that were often made possible because the defense held them to low score.

The Steelers game is an example. That wasn't a 37-35 win. The defense had to stop a few drives by Roethlisberger to give them a chance to come back. So, it's really more of a team win. Sure Tebow and Thomas both made good plays, but if an OL missed a block that play wasn't going to happen.

Tebow never hogged the credit. He always gave it to the defense and WRs in every interview. He named people by name to give credit and called it a team effort.

catfish
04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
listened to the whole interview, article takes some stuff pretty out of context, I think DT meant his comments more as there will be more pass attempts overall in the new offense. 40 passe a game vs 18-20 = more passes to go around. It defiantely wasn't a positive interview, but not near as negative as some people seem to imply. It probably shouldn't have been said, mostly because it just encourages more Tebow questions, but it is what it is.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-12-2012, 07:33 PM

D-Thomas recently had pin removed from fractured finger (the one he fractured in Sept). That's why he hasn't been throwing with Manning.

BroncoWave
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM

That's been well established in this thread and others. That's not stopping him from being in Denver and at least picking Manning's brain.

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
listened to the whole interview, article takes some stuff pretty out of context, I think DT meant his comments more as there will be more pass attempts overall in the new offense. 40 passe a game vs 18-20 = more passes to go around. It defiantely wasn't a positive interview, but not near as negative as some people seem to imply. It probably shouldn't have been said, mostly because it just encourages more Tebow questions, but it is what it is.

Glad you are still here :salute:

NightTerror218
04-12-2012, 07:37 PM
That's been well established in this thread and others. That's not stopping him from being in Denver and at least picking Manning's brain.

That is my point and learning what the new play book would be like.

BORDERLINE
04-12-2012, 07:40 PM

The media gave all the credit to Tebow. Some was deserved some wasn't but still it was more the media than anything. I would say point the finger at them.

topscribe
04-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Who knows, im not there so i wont judge him based off bias mate.
I think this pretty well covers it . . .

dogfish
04-12-2012, 07:48 PM
does anyone honestly think they're just out playing catch in the park like a couple of little kids?

i'd be utterly shocked if making sight adjustments to the routes based on coverage isn't one of the things they're working on. . . where to break off the post and settle into the zone against cover-2, vs. how you attack cover-3 with it-- what depth to get on a square-in on first down vs. various other down-and-distance situations, and when to adjust a slant to a slant-and-go on the backside of the play if you get obvious man coverage. . .

i bet manning is teaching them tons about how he wants the offense run-- DT could be there following that and learning, at the very least. . .

but hey, that's what camp is for, right?

look, i'm not trying to go out of my way to bag on thomas. . . it just bugs me to hear him making critical comments about other players when he's FAR from a refined product himself. . . we had this same debate last year, and people blasted me for complaining that knowshon wasn't in denver working on his game. . . all i really want is to see these high draft picks put in the work, and it irks me to see thomas missing ANY opportunity to grow and improve-- particularly given the amount of time he's already had to waste on rehab. . . anyone who thinks mental reps can't be valuable to a player as raw as DT doesn't really understand how cerebral and intricate an offense manning wants to run, IMO. . .

catfish
04-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Glad you are still here :salute:

thanks, I don't plan on going anywhere. I am curious to see how the Manning thing turn out. Probably won't be as active as in the past, but will be rooting for the Broncos to do well

Nomad
04-12-2012, 08:33 PM

Yep!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-12-2012, 10:22 PM
I am not going to read every post in thread to see if this has been posted. Here is a link which has a lot of the questions asked, and DT's answers.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/04/12/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-demaryius-thomas-mark-sanchez-new-york-jets/

Simple Jaded
04-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Wtf is "Pre-Madonna"? Is that like a stage of a sex change?

Btw, what was Thomas thinking? Did he learn nothing from Elway and Fox about what happens when you don't treat Tim Tebow with kid gloves? The last thing a Bronco player wants is to get on the wrong side Stupid a Million strong.......

Simple Jaded
04-12-2012, 11:02 PM
The media gave all the credit to Tebow. Some was deserved some wasn't but still it was more the media than anything. I would say point the finger at them.
Lmfao. Riiiiiiight, :thumbup:.......

Buff
04-12-2012, 11:12 PM
does anyone honestly think they're just out playing catch in the park like a couple of little kids?

i'd be utterly shocked if making sight adjustments to the routes based on coverage isn't one of the things they're working on. . . where to break off the post and settle into the zone against cover-2, vs. how you attack cover-3 with it-- what depth to get on a square-in on first down vs. various other down-and-distance situations, and when to adjust a slant to a slant-and-go on the backside of the play if you get obvious man coverage. . .

i bet manning is teaching them tons about how he wants the offense run-- DT could be there following that and learning, at the very least. . .

but hey, that's what camp is for, right?

look, i'm not trying to go out of my way to bag on thomas. . . it just bugs me to hear him making critical comments about other players when he's FAR from a refined product himself. . . we had this same debate last year, and people blasted me for complaining that knowshon wasn't in denver working on his game. . . all i really want is to see these high draft picks put in the work, and it irks me to see thomas missing ANY opportunity to grow and improve-- particularly given the amount of time he's already had to waste on rehab. . . anyone who thinks mental reps can't be valuable to a player as raw as DT doesn't really understand how cerebral and intricate an offense manning wants to run, IMO. . .

That's where he erred. Nothing wrong with being honest - but he doesn't have the clout to be critical of anyone at this point, even if it was a fair evaluation of Tebow. If he was a veteran then I'd have no problem with what he said.

OrangeFanatic
04-12-2012, 11:42 PM
The funny thing about TT "getting all the the credit" is that other then the first few weeks or the run, every time TT was brought up in the media they would always say "Well, TT is getting all the credit what about the defense?". How is he getting all the credit if they bring it up every time they talk about him?

DenBronx
04-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Decker and Thomas better be catching evvvverything this year. Won't be able to blame the QB for shit this time! Better be carefull bey bey Thomas because you just might be the one getting thrown under the bus, especially if you break like glass again.

ShaneFalco
04-13-2012, 04:05 AM
i always remember tim saying his teammates made him look better then he was. I dont ever remember him taking credit for anything. Why lie about that?

TXBRONC
04-13-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't think what D. Thomas said was rip on Tebow. It sounded more to me like he was critical of the media for trying to make it out like it was a one man show.

claymore
04-13-2012, 07:27 AM
One thing tebow could have done to squelch some of this is to deny inteviews. Keep his mouth shut and stay below the radar.

BroncoNut
04-13-2012, 08:18 AM
ah, not worth the read. the posts were informative enough. So he's excited about Peyton Manning coming in? Wow, what a surprise

silkamilkamonico
04-13-2012, 08:48 AM
i always remember tim saying his teammates made him look better then he was. I dont ever remember him taking credit for anything. Why lie about that?

Tebow always pointed out how great his teammates were and how Denver wouldn't be winning any games if it wasn't for them.

Funny how nobody seems to be mentioning that.

claymore
04-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Tebow always pointed out how great his teammates were and how Denver wouldn't be winning any games if it wasn't for them.

Funny how nobody seems to be mentioning that.

I think its been mentioned several times.

silkamilkamonico
04-13-2012, 08:58 AM

Which is why I dont understand these continued tirades of "Tebow was, was not the reason why we succeeded last year". And here's yet another thread that turns into that argument.

The team knows and understands what really happened last year. So does Tim Tebow. So does the dcoaching staff. The only group of people that remain completely clueless, odd enough, are the fans who continue to insist that somehow Tebow "took" all the credit for winning last year, when he most certainly did not.

BroncoNut
04-13-2012, 09:05 AM

He mentions it Clay. Tebow does. not that he mentions that he says that, bu the does say that often. I want this shit to stop Clay. I am serious now

claymore
04-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Which is why I dont understand these continued tirades of "Tebow was, was not the reason why we succeeded last year". And here's yet another thread that turns into that argument.

The team knows and understands what really happened last year. So does Tim Tebow. So does the dcoaching staff. The only group of people that remain completely clueless, odd enough, are the fans who continue to insist that somehow Tebow "took" all the credit for winning last year, when he most certainly did not.We know he gave his team and Jesus full credit. I dont think that is enough though.

He should have taken less interviews and been a little more low key. His press conference in NY is a great example. He could have gotten out of that, but he "Aww shucks" his way through it, blaming it on his bosses. It would have been easy to explain to rex why it was a bad idea. I guarentee that conference did nobody but tebow fans any good.

silkamilkamonico
04-13-2012, 09:18 AM
We know he gave his team and Jesus full credit. I dont think that is enough though.

He should have taken less interviews and been a little more low key. His press conference in NY is a great example. He could have gotten out of that, but he "Aww shucks" his way through it, blaming it on his bosses. It would have been easy to explain to rex why it was a bad idea. I guarentee that conference did nobody but tebow fans any good.

I disagree. Regardless of people liking it or not, his prescence put Denver back on NFL relevance. His story made Denver the talk of the NFL. People cared about his story, and they cared about the team all of a sudedn starting to win. You certainly don't shut that out, especially from a business perspective.

Tim Tebow alone started the cash flow of money in Bowlens pocket, and it's very good for an organization to have that.

John Elway to this day constantly thanks Tim Tebow because of his presence in the media for spotlighting the organization, and he did with his story, not with his QB abiity. Hell, Elway thanks Tim Tebow for John Elway.

Chef Zambini
04-13-2012, 09:19 AM
for the record it's prima donna, which means drama queen. Self seeking etc. Pre Madonna well that's a whole different ball of wax...that's like Whitney Houston or somethingdo you really think that needed clarification?
I took it as a joke, but based on the language culture in this text driven world of linguistics, your clarification may be validated.

Chef Zambini
04-13-2012, 09:23 AM

The team knows and understands what really happened last year. So does Tim Tebow. So does the dcoaching staff. The only group of people that remain completely clueless, odd enough, are the fans who continue to insist that somehow Tebow "took" all the credit for winning last year, when he most certainly did not.DT said what he said, because there are still bronco fans morning the loss of tebow.
did he need to say it... YES.
tebow is gone, get over it people, we have manning instead, rejoice bronco fans rejoice.
we now have a Qb who has TALENT to justify his celebrity.
teboiw has celebrity in spite of his talent.

claymore
04-13-2012, 09:27 AM
I disagree. Regardless of people liking it or not, his prescence put Denver back on NFL relevance. His story made Denver the talk of the NFL. People cared about his story, and they cared about the team all of a sudedn starting to win. You certainly don't shut that out, especially from a business perspective.

Tim Tebow alone started the cash flow of money in Bowlens pocket, and it's very good for an organization to have that.

John Elway to this day constantly thanks Tim Tebow because of his presence in the media for spotlighting the organization, and he did with his story, not with his QB abiity. Hell, Elway thanks Tim Tebow for John Elway.

Somebody that means that much to the organization doesnt get traded for a 4th round pick.

I dont think Bowlen enjoyed the profits from tebow due to profit sharing.
Tebow didnt bring us back to relevance, he indirectly made Denver a circus.

He is gone because he wasnt worth what he brought to the table.

silkamilkamonico
04-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Somebody that means that much to the organization doesnt get traded for a 4th round pick.

I dont think Bowlen enjoyed the profits from tebow due to profit sharing.
Tebow didnt bring us back to relevance, he indirectly made Denver a circus.

He is gone because he wasnt worth what he brought to the table.

The circus he made was a positive enlightenment, which was much different then the boneheaded move he made of hiring McDaniels and the real circus act giving to us from him as well as Cutler and Marshall.

I don't think Tebow was a very good QB, but I'm also not ignorant enough to be blind to what he did for Denver.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Tebow's name gave us press, but it was about Tebow. Sure he was a Denver player, and it put the Broncos in the spotlight as such, but the press wasn't about Denver. Which is what bothered the players. If you don't think that's true, then ask if DT is the only player to mention it.

True, McDaniels put Denver in such a dark light that having some positive (any) press was nice to see. But Tebow-mania is a GIANT circus and headache to deal with. Everyone around it gets tired of it. Teammates, Fans, coaches, managers, and the owner.....all got so fed up with the GIANT wave of "tebowmania" that it was a huge collective sigh of relief to have signed Manning and to be able to trade Tebow. Now the team can actually go through practices, camps, and training without having to deal with the ridiculous Tebow fans.

Obviously there will be questions this year regarding Tim, but we all know Manning is fantastic with the media. He's going to take that and shut it down early. There won't be quotes for the press to post every week.

BroncoNut
04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
I think it's good that Tebow is no the Denver QB anymore, but I would have pulled 4 him if he stayed on.

claymore
04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
The circus he made was a positive enlightenment, which was much different then the boneheaded move he made of hiring McDaniels and the real circus act giving to us from him as well as Cutler and Marshall.

I don't think Tebow was a very good QB, but I'm also not ignorant enough to be blind to what he did for Denver.

I dont think Tebows presence was positive at all. His presence caused more division within the fanbase, locker room and possibly the front office. We had a ton of publicity. Not all good, not all bad. But a ton regardless.

Cugel
04-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Elway is being polite. I'm sure he liked Tebow as a person. But he couldn't wait to ship him out of town because Tebow is just not the kind of QB who will ever win a Championship and Elway knows it, even if the Teboners refuse to believe it. :coffee:

Cugel
04-13-2012, 10:37 AM
True, McDaniels put Denver in such a dark light that having some positive (any) press was nice to see. But Tebow-mania is a GIANT circus and headache to deal with. Everyone around it gets tired of it. Teammates, Fans, coaches, managers, and the owner.....all got so fed up with the GIANT wave of "tebowmania" that it was a huge collective sigh of relief to have signed Manning and to be able to trade Tebow. Now the team can actually go through practices, camps, and training without having to deal with the ridiculous Tebow fans.

That's all true. Elway couldn't come right out and say "I'm so grateful I don't have to deal with all those Tebow-nuts anymore and all the endless media hype. I'm glad I won't have every single interview be about whether I'm praising Tebow enough. And to have to double-check every single thing I say because the hyper-sensitive Tebow fans might take offense."

It's wearing. Personally, if it was me, I'd never have been able to handle the pressure without blowing up and telling all the Tebowiacs that they're a bunch of morons and to shove it up their butts if they didn't like the decisions we were making (about not starting Tebow for example).

And of course, you just can't do that when running an entertainment corporation, insult a large portion of your fan-base, especially if they ARE morons, they tend to take offense at people telling them so. :laugh:

ShooterJM
04-13-2012, 10:45 AM
I was under the distinct impression Tebow's media access was pretty tightly controlled by broncos PR guys and is even more so by the Jets PR guys.

Shazam!
04-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Clay, you talk about the Gator and Tebow fanatics as being crazy nutcases, but your blind hatred and blatant disregard for Tebow's contributions to a great Season is equally ludicrous.

GEM
04-13-2012, 11:01 AM

Yep, they just removed the pin that put in there when he broke it.

GEM
04-13-2012, 11:13 AM

On the radio they stated that he plans to, but has been in the city of his surgeon getting the pin removed and physical therapy.

GEM
04-13-2012, 11:17 AM

Who said he isn't talking to Manning? Manning called all of his receivers the day he chose Denver. Thomas has talked to Manning. FFS you guys are acting like you are in the calling circle and know what has and hasn't happened. It's rather comical, really.

BORDERLINE
04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Lmfao. Riiiiiiight, :thumbup:.......

Your RIGHT!!! I now recall the countless interviews where Tebow said HE was the difference in WINNING those games. Where he GAVE absolutely no credit to the TEAM and basically patted himself on the back. The guy is a good story. The team had a great year. Why can't YOU just be happy about IT. He's GONE anyhow. Does your DISDAIN for Teebs go that DEEP? Is it that hard to say DAMN those games where exciting (albeit some at the END) but just enjoy them like a FAN would. Why keep swiping away at the KID like HE did nothing.

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 11:25 AM

Yep :rolleyes: He can't start. He cant win. He can't win consistently. Well...he certainly can't lead them to the PO's. Well he is playing a real D, the #1 D he will be exposed for sure. He can't throw over the middle. He is scared (as an anonymous Bronco official remarked) to throw over the middle. Just look at this duck!

7zuUIhv8z3M

DenBronx
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
So what.....Thomas hasnt exactly lived up to his 1st round potential.

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Run the route tree... so then Manning could turn and "pretend" to throw the ball to him? What would this gain? Where have you EVER heard of this happening? Running the "route tree" isn't getting him in condition, isn't getting him balls, and would probably tempt him to catch balls he should NOT be catching.

You guys are looking to attack Thomas for nothing more than saying he's happier to have Manning than Tebow.... really? Why is what he said such a bad thing? I think we ALLLLLLL should be happy we have Manning over Tebow.

Well with all due respect, Thomas' route running has always left something to be desired. Also, given his penchant for one handing balls thrown his way, maybe he could practice that some more. The idea is he will fall behind those working with Manning now. Manning will have more trust with those guys come the season. Then DT will obviously feel comfortable opening his mouth yet again.

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 11:32 AM
DT DOES need to be running routes with Manning and the other guys. His route running has always been suspect. At GT he ran one route-deep! I don't wan't to hear anything about his finger either. He has on so many occasions in his short career chosen to one hand balls thrown his way. He can use his healthy hand while working with Manning. If he doesn't, I fear he will fall behind because Manning wont have the same level of trust with DT and wont throw his way as much. Then we have a WR who is comfortable opening his mouth.

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 11:36 AM
“Everything on ESPN was all about Tim,” Thomas said. “That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time."

And that will change with Manning how? :confused: It wasn't Jeff Saturday in those 'Cut that meat' commercials. Manning got the sole focus in Indy, ESPN, etc....

Changing from Tebow to Manning wont change this complaint of DT's in any way.

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 11:47 AM
“Everything on ESPN was all about Tim,” Thomas said. “That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time."

And that will change with Manning how? :confused: It wasn't Jeff Saturday in those 'Cut that meat' commercials. Manning got the sole focus in Indy, ESPN, etc....

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 11:48 AM

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=]“Everything on ESPN was all about Tim,” Thomas said. “That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.’”
QUOTE]

Really? :confused: That isn't going to change now that Manning is in town. In case you haven't noticed, it has been all about Manning since his arrival. In fact there was an entire article written because Manning felt that working with the WR's in private was "rewarding."

It wasn't Jeff Saturday in those "Cut that meat" commercials.

If anything, Tebow always went out of his way to deflect the credit.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 12:18 PM
thanks, I don't plan on going anywhere. I am curious to see how the Manning thing turn out. Probably won't be as active as in the past, but will be rooting for the Broncos to do well

you ass better be active. You are a bronco fan, but you can still be a Tebow fan and follow his career.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM
One thing tebow could have done to squelch some of this is to deny inteviews. Keep his mouth shut and stay below the radar.

why, he did great in the interviews. He took no creidt and gave it to the team. One think about Tebow is that he knows how to handle the media a lot better then a football.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I dont think Tebows presence was positive at all. His presence caused more division within the fanbase, locker room and possibly the front office. We had a ton of publicity. Not all good, not all bad. But a ton regardless.

I think his presence helped the locker room a lot. Players talked about it, and so did front office. His attitude was infective and players did not give up during any games like in the past. I think last season showed that no matter you are always in the game and to never give up because you never know what could happen, you can win when down by 14 with 2 minutes to go.

claymore
04-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Clay, you talk about the Gator and Tebow fanatics as being crazy nutcases, but your blind hatred and blatant disregard for Tebow's contributions to a great Season is equally ludicrous.

They are crazy. Tebow was arguably the worst QB in the league last year.

silkamilkamonico
04-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Yep :rolleyes: He can't start. He cant win. He can't win consistently. Well...he certainly can't lead them to the PO's. Well he is playing a real D, the #1 D he will be exposed for sure. He can't throw over the middle. He is scared (as an anonymous Bronco official remarked) to throw over the middle. Just look at this duck!

Tebow matched the total playoff wins Denver has had since the turn of the millenium.

Tebow wasn't the solution, but he certainly wasn't the problem.

This organization and Pat Drunkin Bowlen is the problem.

Let's hope Manning comes in and saves face for Elway and Bowlen.

claymore
04-13-2012, 12:38 PM
why, he did great in the interviews. He took no creidt and gave it to the team. One think about Tebow is that he knows how to handle the media a lot better then a football.
He could have taken less interviews. He was a lightning rod of attention that our team didnt need. He was given so much credit by the media that he didnt deserve. As Thomas alluded to, "he wasnt he wasn’t quite the darling of the locker room that he’s sometimes made out to be".

I think the fans loved him far more than the team did.

I think his presence helped the locker room a lot. Players talked about it, and so did front office. His attitude was infective and players did not give up during any games like in the past. I think last season showed that no matter you are always in the game and to never give up because you never know what could happen, you can win when down by 14 with 2 minutes to go.

Bad players dont inspire teams. Great players do. Our defense played alot better last year. I credit Fox, and Allen with that.

In no way do I think we were able to win more games by scoring less points because of a terrible QB. I dont see how any one else could either.

weazel
04-13-2012, 01:07 PM
amen

Ravage!!!
04-13-2012, 01:19 PM
DT DOES need to be running routes with Manning and the other guys. His route running has always been suspect. At GT he ran one route-deep! I don't wan't to hear anything about his finger either. He has on so many occasions in his short career chosen to one hand balls thrown his way. He can use his healthy hand while working with Manning. If he doesn't, I fear he will fall behind because Manning wont have the same level of trust with DT and wont throw his way as much. Then we have a WR who is comfortable opening his mouth.

Manning isn't his positions coach. If DT can't catch balls, then running "the route tree" doesn't make sense. Its not like you can gain a feel for the timing when the ball can't be thrown your way. Manning isn't going to throw an "empty hand" pretending to throw to DT so they can play pretend catch.

If you don't want a WR to continue making one handed catches, then you don't have him practicing with one hand. Thats going backwards, and isn't helping anyone. Manning will throw to the open WR. He's not going to read the coverage and choose to go to a guy that isn't open purely based on name.

Of course DT will need time to get into a rythme with Mannning, as all WRs do with their QB. But to take his comments about Tebow and throw them back at him not catching balls. Didn't he just have finger surgery? I'm pretty sure I would let him follow the advice of his doctors, the trainers, and position coach.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 02:01 PM

Because he had a winning record? I dont care how flawed he was he won games. That is what matters. And I loved watching that last season because I was on the edge of my couch more in the last year then the previous what 5 years.

If he is so bad that NFL.com has him coming in at #10 in the draft redo. He is just another young player people would not give him time to progress as a passer.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Manning isn't his positions coach. If DT can't catch balls, then running "the route tree" doesn't make sense. Its not like you can gain a feel for the timing when the ball can't be thrown your way. Manning isn't going to throw an "empty hand" pretending to throw to DT so they can play pretend catch.

If you don't want a WR to continue making one handed catches, then you don't have him practicing with one hand. Thats going backwards, and isn't helping anyone. Manning will throw to the open WR. He's not going to read the coverage and choose to go to a guy that isn't open purely based on name.

Of course DT will need time to get into a rythme with Mannning, as all WRs do with their QB. But to take his comments about Tebow and throw them back at him not catching balls. Didn't he just have finger surgery? I'm pretty sure I would let him follow the advice of his doctors, the trainers, and position coach.

He had finger surgery months ago. He just had the pin removed. Which normally causes swelling if the doctor is bad or surgery was not great. But normally it is just sore for a little bit. Having the pin pulled out is uncomfortable but depending if surgery was good it is can be almost painless.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 02:09 PM
He could have taken less interviews. He was a lightning rod of attention that our team didnt need. He was given so much credit by the media that he didnt deserve. As Thomas alluded to, "he wasnt he wasn’t quite the darling of the locker room that he’s sometimes made out to be".

I think the fans loved him far more than the team did.

Bad players dont inspire teams. Great players do. Our defense played alot better last year. I credit Fox, and Allen with that.

In no way do I think we were able to win more games by scoring less points because of a terrible QB. I dont see how any one else could either.

A guy with leader ship skills can inspire a team. Go back and listen to Bailey and Miller interviews. Was it Moore or Carter who pulled off the Tebowing stunt at midfield after a game they won. He earned the respect of the time. Our defense did play better but they also did not give up when they were down. I think the entire Broncos team was behind Tebow 100%. They knew he was a young player and could only get better.

Players are excited to have Manning. He is one of the best in the league. he gives the team a huge boost at that position. I am happy over the signing, I do wish Tebow would have been his backup however because i think he has a high ceiling but o well that is over.

Look at how many young QBs come out swinging in the last 10 years, maybe a handful. Most have rocky starts for first couple years. So you think Tebow should be held to a different standard in his 2nd year?

Dzone
04-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Isn't Georgia Tech a pretty high academic institution? Dem Thomas sounds like he couldnt pass a high school english class. Dumb as a fence post. Oh well, as long as he can play and stay healthy, thats all that matters

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2012, 02:29 PM

Where did you read/hear that DT said that Tebow was taking credit for anything? Here is what is in print -

Was there visible tension in the Broncos locker room for all the love that Tim Tebow got from the media?

“No there wasn’t no tension. I feel like everybody as long as we winning everybody was fine, so if we won there wasn’t no tension at all. If we lost nobody really played well when we lost, so I didn’t see no tension.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/04/12/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-demaryius-thomas-mark-sanchez-new-york-jets/

claymore
04-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Because he had a winning record? I dont care how flawed he was he won games. That is what matters. And I loved watching that last season because I was on the edge of my couch more in the last year then the previous what 5 years.

If he is so bad that NFL.com has him coming in at #10 in the draft redo. He is just another young player people would not give him time to progress as a passer.

Moreno is a better running back then Tebow is a QB. Do we attribute the wins to Moreno?

catfish
04-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Isn't Georgia Tech a pretty high academic institution? Dem Thomas sounds like he couldnt pass a high school english class. Dumb as a fence post. Oh well, as long as he can play and stay healthy, thats all that matters

Its just a southerners way of talking. It makes us all seem dumb, he is , according to GPA and wonderlic scores, pretty intelligent. I would be more worried about his judgement than his intelligence

claymore
04-13-2012, 02:33 PM
A guy with leader ship skills can inspire a team. Go back and listen to Bailey and Miller interviews. Was it Moore or Carter who pulled off the Tebowing stunt at midfield after a game they won. He earned the respect of the time. Our defense did play better but they also did not give up when they were down. I think the entire Broncos team was behind Tebow 100%. They knew he was a young player and could only get better.

Players are excited to have Manning. He is one of the best in the league. he gives the team a huge boost at that position. I am happy over the signing, I do wish Tebow would have been his backup however because i think he has a high ceiling but o well that is over.

Look at how many young QBs come out swinging in the last 10 years, maybe a handful. Most have rocky starts for first couple years. So you think Tebow should be held to a different standard in his 2nd year?

Its nice ya'll believe that. But nobody on the team is sorry to see him go. If he was that inspirational, he wouldnt be gone. If he showed ANY, I mean ANY promise of being the franchise QB of the future he would be here.

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 02:45 PM
At the end of the day, I just don't think this was a good interview on DT's part. I just don't think he has too much room to talk himself. The guy hasn't even made a full season so to be complaining about the # of passes he is seeing is problematic for me. Regardless of who the QB is, how would they even be comfortable with him? Even then, he saw more passes/looks from Tebow than Orton.

I don't disagree with the sentiment in the article as much as this makes me wonder how much of a problem DT may become if he has a HUGE season i.e. $$$$ demands and goes all T.O. on it or has a bad season and doesn't get the looks and continues to complain to the media.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Moreno is a better running back then Tebow is a QB. Do we attribute the wins to Moreno?

That is an idiotic post, why even say anything?

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 02:50 PM
By the way, it is still Manning all the time. Now 9 news has an article because Manning called a reporter back in Indy to say thank you and good bye.

jhildebrand
04-13-2012, 02:52 PM

I think that distinction goes to Cassell.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Its nice ya'll believe that. But nobody on the team is sorry to see him go. If he was that inspirational, he wouldnt be gone. If he showed ANY, I mean ANY promise of being the franchise QB of the future he would be here.

I bet several are sad to see him go but they are also happy to get one of the best players to play the game. Tebow had a following that was overwhelming. I could see why they wanted to move him when they had a huge upgrade over him for a next few years and his contract would run out before he would be the starter. It made sense to send him for picks and get a cheap back up and get a rookie you can groom behind Manning.

Think common sense.

yuhateme80
04-13-2012, 03:24 PM
I laugh how anyone criticizes Timmy boy people get mad face it people Timmy was a average qb who wants to preach more then wants to play ball if Timmy going to be a star he be able to do it anywhere but Timmy ain't never going to be a star instead of tebow on back of jersey should. Be preacher man cause that's wat he is about not football

Northman
04-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Tebow had a following that was overwhelming. I could see why they wanted to move him when they had a huge upgrade over him for a next few years and his contract would run out before he would be the starter. It made sense to send him for picks and get a cheap back up and get a rookie you can groom behind Manning.

^This

claymore
04-13-2012, 03:53 PM
That is an idiotic post, why even say anything?

Its the truth. Tebow is one of, if not the worst player by position we had last year. Yet he is given credit for the wins. Why not say we have a winning Kicker. Or a winning OLB? They deserve much more credit than Tim Tebow.

ShaneFalco
04-13-2012, 04:03 PM
sorry thats not the truth. but you can believe it if you want.

If you ever have played football on a team, you know its always about the QB. Its what you signed up for. ITS FOOTBALL

Calling Tebow bad really just shows your true colors.

dogfish
04-13-2012, 04:05 PM

that has to be the dumbest thing you've ever posted. . . :lol:

bullgator is a better poster than you are!

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Its the truth. Tebow is one of, if not the worst player by position we had last year. Yet he is given credit for the wins. Why not say we have a winning Kicker. Or a winning OLB? They deserve much more credit than Tim Tebow.

The entire team needs credit but the team changed when he took over, passing went way down, overall effort went up IMO, rushing went through the roof and most of all WINS WENT UP. He deserves some credit. I think he well for being a second year player. You think of him as a journeyman who played bad. You have blinders and will always have them. He played well for his place in the NFL, a 2nd year player in his first NFL starting season.

He has played better then so many other NFL QBs in their first 2 seasons. But you dont give a rat shit because he only throw 10 passes a game and he was at 48% completions. You dont care with him on the field our ground game doubled in yards or when he HAD TO MAKE A THROW he did. 4th quarter come backs dont happen to just terrible player.

Jsteve01
04-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Clay is an extremist Muslim and he's declared jihad on tebow lol. Oh nd tebow turned him down at a bar in Tampa one time

dogfish
04-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Clay is an extremist Muslim and he's declared jihad on tebow lol. Oh nd tebow turned him down at a bar in Tampa one time

we all love clay, but jeebus! it gets embarrassing after a while-- never in my life have i heard a grown man cry so much about one topic. . . the way he acts, you'd think we lost sixteen games last year, not won the division and got to the second round of the playoffs. . .

HammeredOut
04-13-2012, 04:24 PM

Tebow get redrafted as a RB?? or a QB??

He has more rushes then completions.... not exactly a QB, but more of a RB.... It was a defensive winning record.... Tebow only averaged 14 points per game in those wins... infact Tebow was so bad... He only needed 2 COMPLETIONS in a game to take the win....

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Tebow get redrafted as a RB?? or a QB??

He has more rushes then completions.... not exactly a QB, but more of a RB.... It was a defensive winning record.... Tebow only averaged 14 points per game in those wins... infact Tebow was so bad... He only needed 2 COMPLETIONS in a game to take the win....

HO shut up. You say the same crap and it's still wrong. He is closer to 50/50 with passing completions to rushing attempts, but sacks count as rushing attempts too. tom brady had 1/3 the attempts that Tebow did. Tebow was in a rush first offense. So of course he is going to have less attempts per game then brady is a pass first offense. But that fact that he DID have more completions then rushing attempts is a FACT!!!!!!

Go sit in the corner.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2012, 04:42 PM
On the fan today - http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/thedrive/Story.aspx?ID=1685784

Superchop 7
04-13-2012, 04:54 PM
He should shut up......the last thing we need is a back stabbing diva wide receiver.

HammeredOut
04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
HO shut up. You say the same crap and it's still wrong. He is closer to 50/50 with passing completions to rushing attempts, but sacks count as rushing attempts too. tom brady had 1/3 the attempts that Tebow did. Tebow was in a rush first offense. So of course he is going to have less attempts per game then brady is a pass first offense. But that fact that he DID have more completions then rushing attempts is a FACT!!!!!!

Go sit in the corner.

Oh.. you have your facts right for once... he had 2 more completions then rushes in his career.... lol... laughable to call him a QB in the NFL.... More like a gimmick TebowCat offense... If Tebow had as many attempts as Brady, Tebow was on pace to be sacked 92 times in a season.... 92 times... do you get that.... With him only ever seeing single coverage all season, he still couldnt' have better then a 47% completion percentage... Give Brady, Manning, or Brees single coverage, and we call that game over, and good night Irene.... Tebow is not a QB, and will never be one... Just a Running back who makes a few 10 yard pitches...

MOtorboat
04-13-2012, 04:59 PM

silkamilkamonico
04-13-2012, 05:03 PM
What's more funny,

Tebow as a passing QB, or the fact that Denver had arguably their most overachieving and successful stretch with his as the QB since the turn of the millennium?

HammeredOut
04-13-2012, 05:03 PM
He should shut up......the last thing we need is a back stabbing diva wide receiver.

Considering Tebow only averaged 1.79 Completions per quarter.... name 1 WR who would appreciate a QB who couldn't deliever the ball in single coverage.... Tebow is a joke, and Elway got rid of that distraction... These WRs ran hungry with the ball..... once they got the ball, it was like they would never see another pass again the rest of the game... these recievers did all they could with the little amount of work that was presented... Aside from that, DT never had a chance to prove himself until they moved B.Lloyd...

HammeredOut
04-13-2012, 05:05 PM
They don't get single man coverage, because they can't run worth a piss.

You're logic is as flawed as someone trying to argue Michael Jordan being a terrible PG for the Bulls because he didn't set his players up to score.

Tebow wasn't a very good QB. But he had opportunities like a single coverage because he could actually run with the football.

The Broncos had no less then 9 in the box at all times when Tebow was QB... Tebow never had to face a Pass Defense that was set up to stop the passing attack... it was 9 or 10 guys in the box all season... Its game over if they have that many in the box with a real QB behind center...

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2012, 05:06 PM

Did you listen to what he said today on the fan??????

MOtorboat
04-13-2012, 05:06 PM
that has to be the dumbest thing you've ever posted. . . :lol:

bullgator is a better poster than you are!

How is clay wrong?

silkamilkamonico
04-13-2012, 05:08 PM
The Broncos had no less then 9 in the box at all times when Tebow was QB... Tebow never had to face a Pass Defense that was set up to stop the passing attack... it was 9 or 10 guys in the box all season... Its game over if they have that many in the box with a real QB behind center...

That was kind of the ironic thing. Broncos had 9-10 guys in the box, yet Denver still finishes as the #1 rushing team with him behind Center.

Would that be equivalent to putting 2 CB's on every single receiving option, and having a QB finish as the #1 passer in the NFL?

dogfish
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
How is clay wrong?

he goes against pretty much all the laws of nature. . .

oh, you meant just that post? moreno isn't better than anyone. . .

MOtorboat
04-13-2012, 05:12 PM

Oh. Well, that's a good argument. :rolleyes:

ShaneFalco
04-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Did you listen to what he said today on the fan??????

it reminded me of this http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82849530/article/still-talking-terrell-owens-unleashes-on-tony-romo-?module=HP11_headline_stack

Hope DT doesnt become a loudmouth

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2012, 05:26 PM
it reminded me of this http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82849530/article/still-talking-terrell-owens-unleashes-on-tony-romo-?module=HP11_headline_stack

Hope DT doesnt become a loudmouth

DT did not say anything wrong on the fan today, and in no way did he sound like a loudmouth

ShaneFalco
04-13-2012, 05:31 PM
i didnt hear today, i meant the first interview. what did he say today?

claymore
04-13-2012, 05:33 PM
DT did not say anything wrong on the fan today, and in no way did he sound like a loudmouth

These guys throw Elway under the bus over tebow. They have no problem discrediting and badmouthing a young player giving his honest opinion on tebow.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2012, 05:35 PM
i didnt hear today, i meant the first interview. what did he say today?

On the fan today - http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/thedrive/Story.aspx?ID=1685784

claymore
04-13-2012, 05:36 PM

Moreno when healthy better at RB than Tebow is at QB. I dont see how that is disputable.

MOtorboat
04-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Moreno when healthy better at RB than Tebow is at QB. I dont see how that is disputable.

It's not.

ShaneFalco
04-13-2012, 05:48 PM

It's not.
hahahahahahahaha you guys are Sauced.

On the fan today - http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/t...spx?ID=1685784
says 404 not found

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Oh.. you have your facts right for once... he had 2 more completions then rushes in his career.... lol... laughable to call him a QB in the NFL.... More like a gimmick TebowCat offense... If Tebow had as many attempts as Brady, Tebow was on pace to be sacked 92 times in a season.... 92 times... do you get that.... With him only ever seeing single coverage all season, he still couldnt' have better then a 47% completion percentage... Give Brady, Manning, or Brees single coverage, and we call that game over, and good night Irene.... Tebow is not a QB, and will never be one... Just a Running back who makes a few 10 yard pitches...

ya damn that young QB to hell.

O wait did you see the steelers game? I do believe that was single coverage. did you know most of Tebows sacks were from up the middle?

Go cry me a river if you want to complain about him non stop. Poor HO had to watch the broncos win games and first Playoff game in years.

BroncoWave
04-13-2012, 05:54 PM

It's not.

Bullgator's ramblings about Tebow are closer to fact that this idiotic spewage.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 05:55 PM

Did we ever win with Moreno producing? O wait he never produced and Tebow helped with in the 4th quarter. I would take the 4th quarter wins over not doing squat and always injured.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
bullgator's ramblings about tebow are closer to fact that this idiotic spewage.

lmfao

claymore
04-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Bullgator's ramblings about Tebow are closer to fact that this idiotic spewage.

2009 Moreno ranked 21st in the NFL
2010 Moreno ranked 23rd in the NFL

2011 Tebow ranked 27th in the NFL. Tebow was ranked higher than I thought.

dogfish
04-13-2012, 06:01 PM

it really is (moreno runs like a huge poosy, have you seen him?), but let's just pretend it's not. . .

so. . . moreno is a better RB in the off-season, when they aren't playing-- what good is that?

you just picked moreno because it was the most insulting comparison you could think of. . . :laugh:

claymore
04-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Did we ever win with Moreno producing? O wait he never produced and Tebow helped with in the 4th quarter. I would take the 4th quarter wins over not doing squat and always injured.

Yeah, we went 6-0 in 2009. Tebows problem is he absolutley doesnt help in the first 3 qtrs.

claymore
04-13-2012, 06:06 PM
it really is (moreno runs like a huge poosy, have you seen him?), but let's just pretend it's not. . .

so. . . moreno is a better RB in the off-season, when they aren't playing-- what good is that?

you just picked moreno because it was the most insulting comparison you could think of. . . :laugh:

I picked moreno just to keep it in perspective. :D

MOtorboat
04-13-2012, 06:12 PM

But, wait...

Oh never mind.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah, we went 6-0 in 2009. Tebows problem is he absolutley doesnt help in the first 3 qtrs.

expect Manning out of him for being a 2nd year? Dont worry we have Manning now, so we dont need to hear your complaining about completion percentage anymore. But at least we will maintain winning.,

MOtorboat
04-13-2012, 06:17 PM
expect Manning out of him for being a 2nd year? Dont worry we have Manning now, so we dont need to hear your complaining about completion percentage anymore. But at least we will maintain winning.,

Completing passes is totally overrated, I say.

topscribe
04-13-2012, 06:19 PM

Of course, the passing game was 31st . . .

claymore
04-13-2012, 06:20 PM

There are worst 2nd year players QB's, but there are without a doubt much, much better 2nd year QB's too. You wont have to worry about me complaing about things that QB's should be able to do anymore because we have a legit QB again. Im excited with the direction this team is going.

topscribe
04-13-2012, 06:24 PM
we all love clay, but jeebus! it gets embarrassing after a while-- never in my life have i heard a grown man cry so much about one topic
Really?

JR about Shanahan
Bullgator about Tebow
Topscribe about Orton

Are you sure now? :D
-

ShaneFalco
04-13-2012, 06:24 PM
"its ok, your gunna go catch the game winner here in a second"

Tim Tebow after Thomas drops td catch.

And then Thomas says all of this in the past few days. It probably was taken out of context anyways, i dont believe someone would be that foolish to put himself on blast by many bronco fans as well as tebow fans.

It comes off so Owens like to me ... its dissapointing.

Why even say anything at all? Your just like Owens and his stupid radio interviews. Bugs me. Go Catch some TDS.

dogfish
04-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Really?

JR about Shanahan
Bullgator about Tebow
Topscribe about Orton

Are you sure now? :D
-

JR about shanahan was pretty bad. . . :laugh:

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 06:28 PM
There are worst 2nd year players QB's, but there are without a doubt much, much better 2nd year QB's too. You wont have to worry about me complaing about things that QB's should be able to do anymore because we have a legit QB again. Im excited with the direction this team is going.

With this legit Qb we need to have a legit replacement or I feel we will be in Arizona shoes after Warner retired or Buffalo after Kelly retired, FL after Marino retired. They had nothing to back them up. We may have an advantage for the next couple years with manning at the helm and as long as we can keep working on building the team in the draft and keeping our good players, then we can build up again. But we need to get a young QB who will step up in 3 years to replace manning.

claymore
04-13-2012, 06:29 PM

And then Thomas says all of this in the past few days. It probably was taken out of context anyways, i dont believe someone would be that foolish to put himself on blast by many bronco fans as well as tebow fans.

Why even say anything at all? Your just like Owens and his stupid radio interviews. Bugs me. Go Catch some TDS.

Think of how THomas feels hearing that from a dude that goes entire QTS without completing a pass. THen hears it on ESPN, and NFL.com etc...

What Thomas said was an honest opinion. Nobody can argue what he said because we know its true.

topscribe
04-13-2012, 06:29 PM

I'm glad he said it.

As I mentioned, it's refreshing to hear the truth instead of the usual insincere platitudes . . .

claymore
04-13-2012, 06:31 PM
With this legit Qb we need to have a legit replacement or I feel we will be in Arizona shoes after Warner retired or Buffalo after Kelly retired, FL after Marino retired. They had nothing to back them up. We may have an advantage for the next couple years with manning at the helm and as long as we can keep working on building the team in the draft and keeping our good players, then we can build up again. But we need to get a young QB who will step up in 3 years to replace manning.

I agree a 100%. Im hoping we have the ability to trade out of our #1 this year and have 2 next year to move up... Or luck into someone... Manning is a bandaid. Hopefully the best bandaid ever.

topscribe
04-13-2012, 06:37 PM
On the fan today - http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/t...spx?ID=1685784
That didn't work.

Try this: http://tinyurl.com/7ckytwl

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree a 100%. Im hoping we have the ability to trade out of our #1 this year and have 2 next year to move up... Or luck into someone... Manning is a bandaid. Hopefully the best bandaid ever.

If we can someone how get Barkley next year that would be great, or Laundry I would be happy. But will need to see what other QBs shine. I see 3 solid starters coming out of this years QB class, a couple others with potential and some over rated guys who will be solid back ups.

Dzone
04-13-2012, 07:25 PM
So when does Delirious Thompson get the pins out of his hand?

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 07:36 PM
So when does Delirious Thompson get the pins out of his hand?

couple days ago he got it done.

ShaneFalco
04-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Think of how THomas feels hearing that from a dude that goes entire QTS without completing a pass. THen hears it on ESPN, and NFL.com etc...

What Thomas said was an honest opinion. Nobody can argue what he said because we know its true.
he really shouldnt have said anything. he should just have been "not going to answer questions about tebow"

but no he choose the "I LOVE ME SOME ME" route. Charlie Kassely just went off on him on NFL network.

Why even talk about your ex teammates? makes no sense what so ever.

MOtorboat
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
he really shouldnt have said anything. he should just have been "not going to answer questions about tebow"

but no he choose the "I LOVE ME SOME ME" route. Charlie Kassely just went off on him on NFL network.

Good.

Just reaffirms my belief that there's nothing wrong with what he said. Charlie is an idiot.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Dang - if DT was ripping TT's character, etc., that would be one thing - but he is not. He is talking about how it was for him as a receiver, with TT at QB. Why did Lloyd want to be traded? I liked TT, but unless he makes a lot of improvement, he will never be a consistent winning QB.

Nomad
04-13-2012, 08:39 PM
For me, DT is right in a way about Tebow, but Thomas is very inconsistent as well.

Simple Jaded
04-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Your RIGHT!!! I now recall the countless interviews where Tebow said HE was the difference in WINNING those games. Where he GAVE absolutely no credit to the TEAM and basically patted himself on the back. The guy is a good story. The team had a great year. Why can't YOU just be happy about IT. He's GONE anyhow. Does your DISDAIN for Teebs go that DEEP? Is it that hard to say DAMN those games where exciting (albeit some at the END) but just enjoy them like a FAN would. Why keep swiping away at the KID like HE did nothing.I was laughing about YOU saying it was just the media giving Tebow all the credit. I didn't say shit about the KID.......

Simple Jaded
04-14-2012, 08:24 AM
If we can someone how get Barkley next year that would be great, or Laundry I would be happy. But will need to see what other QBs shine. I see 3 solid starters coming out of this years QB class, a couple others with potential and some over rated guys who will be solid back ups.
Washington just gave up two #1's and a #2 to move up four spots to draft a franchise QB, the chances that Denver will be able to move up and draft Barkley, Jones or Wilson are pretty slim.......

TXBRONC
04-14-2012, 08:29 AM
DT said what he said, because there are still bronco fans morning the loss of tebow.
did he need to say it... YES.
tebow is gone, get over it people, we have manning instead, rejoice bronco fans rejoice.
we now have a Qb who has TALENT to justify his celebrity.
teboiw has celebrity in spite of his talent.

No he didn't need to say it. His life or career are not enhanced or deterred by his comments.

What I find just crazy is people commenting like Tebow something to them personally.

Simple Jaded
04-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Good.

Just reaffirms my belief that there's nothing wrong with what he said. Charlie is an idiot.
Casserly is a clown, it's like he's trying too hard to be a tv personality. Mooch, Billick, Charles Davis and Mayock are about the only NFLN analyst worth a shit. Michael Irvin is the worst.......

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 09:46 AM

Why even talk about your ex teammates? makes no sense what so ever.

I hear this all the time... "what is there to gain by saying anything bad about an ex-teammate?" Of course, you only hear this from those that are fans of the ex-teammate. But then, what is there to "gain" by saying something positive?? It has NOTHING to do with "gaining" anything and is purely a guy answering questions that he's asked, and doing it honestly.

You have to also take into consideration that DT and the rest of the team, have been asked about Tebow 10,000000000 times since he was added to the roster. DT didn't say anything when Tebow was here, but probably WANTED to. Remember, Brandon Lloyd said something on his way out about Tebow as well. I think its pretty safe to say, that DT knew (or felt rather) that he was pretty much speaking for a LOT of guys in the locker room. Saying things they couldn't say before, because Tebow was in the locker room. Give him credit for "keeping things in the locker room" when it mattered.

But you asked "why talk about an ex-teammate?" Because he was asked...again... just as he was asked last week, and the week before, and the week before, and last year... and all last season.. and the season before. After a while you just want to say "Hey, being a receiver wasn't great..." and it probably felt good to finally say it.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Dang - if DT was ripping TT's character, etc., that would be one thing - but he is not. He is talking about how it was for him as a receiver, with TT at QB. Why did Lloyd want to be traded? I liked TT, but unless he makes a lot of improvement, he will never be a consistent winning QB.

This is the post that needs to be read over and over again by everyone. DT didn't say ANYTHING bad about Tebow, but because he didn't sing his praises, and put him in the most POSITIVE of lights... the Tebownites will rain down the fire and brimstone.

Nomad
04-14-2012, 09:55 AM
I hear this all the time... "what is there to gain by saying anything bad about an ex-teammate?" Of course, you only hear this from those that are fans of the ex-teammate. But then, what is there to "gain" by saying something positive?? It has NOTHING to do with "gaining" anything and is purely a guy answering questions that he's asked, and doing it honestly.

You have to also take into consideration that DT and the rest of the team, have been asked about Tebow 10,000000000 times since he was added to the roster. DT didn't say anything when Tebow was here, but probably WANTED to. Remember, Brandon Lloyd said something on his way out about Tebow as well. I think its pretty safe to say, that DT knew (or felt rather) that he was pretty much speaking for a LOT of guys in the locker room. Saying things they couldn't say before, because Tebow was in the locker room. Give him credit for "keeping things in the locker room" when it mattered.

By you ask "why talk about an ex-teammate?" Because he was asked...again... just as he was asked last week, and the week before, and the week before, and last year... and all last season.. and the season before. After a while you just want to say "Hey, being a receiver wasn't great..." and it probably felt good to finally say it.

Not necessarily! If Rod Smith would have come out and said this, then we would have all shook our heads in agreement that Tim needs work. I have an issue with DT because he hasn't proven anything at becoming a great WO and has been inconsistent when on the field. Sure, some of the blame goes to Tim but alot of the blame goes on DT. I guess I would like to see DT be a better WO before throwing someone else under the bus.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Not necessarily! If Rod Smith would have come out and said this, then we would have all shook our heads in agreement that Tim needs work. I have an issue with DT because he hasn't proven anything at becoming a great WO and has been inconsistent when on the field. Sure, some of the blame goes to Tim but alot of the blame goes on DT. I guess I would like to see DT be a better WO before throwing someone else under the bus.

I understand what you are saying, Nomad. But he didn't through Tebow under the bus, at all. I mean, did you really read DT's comments and because they weren't from Rod Smith think that Tebow does NOT need work?? Everyone knows that Tebow is not a very good passer, this isn't really news in the least...coming from Rod or coming from DT.

I don't see a young WR making a comment against a great QB. He and Tim were drafted in the first round of the same class. I personally don't think DT has to be a great WR to have an opinion on catching balls Tebow, when he's a starting receiver for the team that caught passes from Tebow. Interviewers are coming to HIM because he has experience catching balls from Tim. The validity of his comments aren't diminished because he hasn't proved to be a HoF receiver. Every player has things to work on. There is no doubt DT has things to work on, and I'm sure there are people lining up to tell us alllllll about them now that he said Tebow isn't the best QB to have if you are a WR that wants to catch footballs. Shocking to hear from a WR.

jhildebrand
04-14-2012, 10:42 AM
DT complaining about not seeing passes, regardless of who was under center, has as much to do with DT as it does the QB. The guy was a #1 pick and has been on the field less than Moreno.

He should worry about staying healthy. Some of the same people who criticise Tebow for not practicing in the summer should apply their same logic to DT. He should be less worried about interviews and more worried about working out and trying to give his team 16 games in a season for the first time.

Nomad
04-14-2012, 10:47 AM
DT complaining about not seeing passes, regardless of who was under center, has as much to do with DT as it does the QB. The guy was a #1 pick and has been on the field less than Moreno.

He should worry about staying healthy. Some of the same people who criticise Tebow for not practicing in the summer should apply their same logic to DT. He should be less worried about interviews and more worried about working out and trying to give his team 16 games in a season for the first time.

BINGO! You've pinpointed the issue I have with this situation. I could care less if he is being critical of Tebow. Oh well, DT better produce or Manning is gonna rip him a new *******.

jhildebrand
04-14-2012, 10:51 AM
BINGO! You've pinpointed the issue I have with this situation. I could care less if he is being critical of Tebow. Oh well, DT better produce or Manning is gonna rip him a new *******.

I don't think Manning will look his way often to be honest with you! DT is not even a decent route runner. Lucky he has his size to make up. My issue with the comments are two fold:

1. He has no room to talk when he can't stay healthy and stay on the field.
2. It makes me worry about him as a player. How much of a distraction can he become if he has a HUGE season or a POOR one.

If it was Eric Decker or Eddie Royal or Brandon Lloyd then I wouldnt have much of an objection to the article. In fact, I wouldn't at all. But DT has little room to talk.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-14-2012, 11:09 AM
from article:

On 1043thefan.com former Bronco Alfred Williams shed some light into the situation. Apparently he has been talking with Rod Smith recently on the state of the team’s passing game. He eluded to the unhappiness that Eddie Royal may have played with under the Tebow offense. Smith shed light into the frustration that receivers have in playing with a QB like Tebow because he does not throw the ball with any accuracy or timing.

Here is the transcript from the conversation on 1043thefan.com:

Darren McKee: “You think Eddie Royal is dissatisfied and will go somewhere else?”
Alfred Williams: “I don’t think Eddie is dissatisfied. I know Eddie is dissatisfied.”
Darren McKee: “You talked to Eddie about it?”
Alfred Williams: “I did not.”
Darren McKee: “Okay, well, how do you know he’s dissatisfied.”
Alfred Williams: “Let’s just say, I know.”

http://www.mockdrafthq.com/site/2012/01/eddie-gone-eddie-royal-leaving-broncos-due-to-tebow-offense.html

AND - FROM SHANNON SHARPE

Shannon Sharpe: Broncos should bail on $10 million Tim Tebow project

article - http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_19264788

Both Rod and Shannon are GREAT former Broncos, both on the offensive side of the ball, and this was their thoughts on Tebow.

After Tebow was traded to the Jets, articles have been written that the Jets would create "special packages" for Tebow, i.e. just use him in certain situations. Yet, the Broncos bent over backwards to try to put together full game packages, and I am sorry, but IMO, there is NO WAY that this would be an effective PERMANENT offense.

Nomad
04-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Carol, it's no about being critical of Tebow, it's the fact DT hasn't proven anything as well.

Chef Zambini
04-14-2012, 11:17 AM
with TUTEN gone and a new training staff that comes from the same orgaNIZATION THAT helped him post0injury and thru the combines now in at dove valley, perhaps DT and others can perform at their best, regardless of who is under center.
The guy was asked a qestion, he gave an honest answer, unfiltered, I found it refreshing.

Chef Zambini
04-14-2012, 11:19 AM
"I didn't see no english teacher, either" !

Denver Native (Carol)
04-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Carol, it's no about being critical of Tebow, it's the fact DT hasn't proven anything as well.

There are reasons why - i.e. he has been injured a lot, and when he was on the field, how many chances did he have to prove himself - over thrown, under thrown balls, many running only offensive plays. Yes, he dropped some that should have been caught, but all receivers have done that.

Former first round draft pick Demaryius Thomas has dealt with more injuries in just over a year in the NFL than many players go through in a several seasons. First was a broken foot, then a re-aggravation of the foot injury. There was also an ankle injury and a concussion during his rookie year.

Then there was the torn Achilles during the 2011 offseason. And just when Thomas was set to return to the field early — he broke his little finger on his left hand.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/21/demaryius-thomas-anxious-to-return-to-field/9734/

I would believe that he would have much preferred being on the field, rather than having all of these injuries.

jhildebrand
04-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Nobody is suggesting that Tebow should have been given a 7 year plan outside of DMAC. However, many forget how many holes and depth issues this team had prior to him being named starter. DESPITE his flaws and issues he took a 1-4 team to the PO's. I would rather give him time to develop and see what he can do while plugging holes and addressing the depth through the draft and only the draft like GB did (47 of 53 starters on their SB team were drafted by GB) and deal with QB later. But I am not in charge. Elway and company made a 96 million dollar bet on a fused neck and Manning. That is fine and their right and I hope it goes well. I don't think it will be all blue skies and roses as many here seem to think :noidea:

At the end of the day this is about a WR running his mouth when that very same person CAN'T stay on the field due to health issues. Hasn't shown better route running after an injury that has affected his speed (which would help him immensely), and has dropped game winning TD passes from the QB he said didn't get him the ball. DT is very much unpolished himself so it makes little sense for him to be taking potshots in an interview especially after that player has been traded!

turftoad
04-14-2012, 12:13 PM

How is working out goint to cure a broken foot??

Denver Native (Carol)
04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't think Manning will look his way often to be honest with you! DT is not even a decent route runner. Lucky he has his size to make up. My issue with the comments are two fold:

1. He has no room to talk when he can't stay healthy and stay on the field.
2. It makes me worry about him as a player. How much of a distraction can he become if he has a HUGE season or a POOR one.

If it was Eric Decker or Eddie Royal or Brandon Lloyd then I wouldnt have much of an objection to the article. In fact, I wouldn't at all. But DT has little room to talk.

And just how is he suppose to avoid injuries???? Injuries happen - that's part of playing sports. No better example than the Denver Nuggets. He could not participate in the combine because of a cracked bone in his right foot -

2. While working out just before the NFL Scouting Combine on Feb. 16 in Arizona, Thomas cracked a bone in his right foot doing what they call the three-cone drill. He had surgery Feb. 21, and in the 23 days since, he's been going through a gauntlet of medical treatments designed to get him ready to run for NFL scouts before April 15, the date teams have to stop working out players before the draft.

The normal time for a fifth metatarsal bone to heal and for an average person to be back running and jumping on it is at least 12 weeks. The medics at Athletes Performance Institute in Arizona overseeing Thomas' rehab are trying to patch him up and have him ready to sprint in seven.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/16/mail/index.html#ixzz1s2Q8UCdh

Northman
04-14-2012, 12:52 PM

This makes absolutely no sense.

So if Rod is honest and says Tebow needs work its ok. If DT says the same thing its a problem? Thats retarded thinking man.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 12:54 PM

Really? So he made an interview tour? How does one "worry about staying healthy?" I would like to know how that works.

Northman
04-14-2012, 12:54 PM
from article:

http://www.mockdrafthq.com/site/2012/01/eddie-gone-eddie-royal-leaving-broncos-due-to-tebow-offense.html

AND - FROM SHANNON SHARPE

Shannon Sharpe: Broncos should bail on $10 million Tim Tebow project

article - http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_19264788

Both Rod and Shannon are GREAT former Broncos, both on the offensive side of the ball, and this was their thoughts on Tebow.

After Tebow was traded to the Jets, articles have been written that the Jets would create "special packages" for Tebow, i.e. just use him in certain situations. Yet, the Broncos bent over backwards to try to put together full game packages, and I am sorry, but IMO, there is NO WAY that this would be an effective PERMANENT offense.

Yep. Stated all this shit too. Even Lloyd didnt want to stick around because of the type of offense that Tebow would be running.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with who Thomas is. I think people just don't like to hear negative things about players they like. I get that. I understand that. But lets not make it out to sound as if Thomas' opinion of Tebow doesn't have legitimacy because he wasn't on the field 100% of the time. That doesn't have a SINGLE thing to do with having truth behind his words.

One can't "worry about staying healthy".. or "concentrate on staying on the field." Doesn't work. That won't make his opinion right or wrong when it just bothers you that a WR is talking bad about TT. Lloyd had parting words to say about Tim's passing as well. WRs do not like to play with QBs that are NOT good passers. Thats why it comes up in discussion everytime a WR goes FA. They generally will choose organizations that have good passers in place over places that have bad passers behind center.

Saying that DT should be "practicing with one hand" and "running the route tree" when he can't catch balls.... or trying to say that DT missing practice time now because of injury is the same thing as not practicing because of book signing tour... aren't being realistic at this point. Thomas has an injury bug problem. Has nothing to do with him giving a truthful opinion on a subject of which he has been asked... time and time and time and time and time and time again.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Yesterday, when DT was speaking with DMac and Al, Al asked him if he was going to participate in the voluntary workouts starting Monday, and DT said yes - he would be in Denver on Saturday (today).

Chef Zambini
04-14-2012, 01:19 PM
dont for one minute think that eddie isnt kicking himself and experiencing sleepless nights !

Nomad
04-14-2012, 01:21 PM
This makes absolutely no sense.

So if Rod is honest and says Tebow needs work its ok. If DT says the same thing its a problem? Thats retarded thinking man.

We have different views on when one should speak, so saying it's retarded thinking is a little dramatic. Rod earned his 'stripes' to speak and critique and I saw Sharpe did as well. DT has yet to get to that point, regardless if he is right on Tebow.

Nomad
04-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Yesterday, when DT was speaking with DMac and Al, Al asked him if he was going to participate in the voluntary workouts starting Monday, and DT said yes - he would be in Denver on Saturday (today).

I would hope so:ohwell:

MOtorboat
04-14-2012, 01:24 PM
We have different views on when one should speak, so saying it's retarded thinking is a little dramatic. Rod earned his 'stripes' to speak and critique and I saw Sharpe did as well. DT has yet to get to that point, regardless if he is right on Tebow.

I don't understand why you have to be an all time great to have an opinion.

In this case, Thomas' opinion is more valid than anyone other than Decker.

BroncoStud
04-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Why does Demarius Thomas sound and speak like he has a 3rd grade education?

Nomad
04-14-2012, 01:29 PM

You and others keep throwing around all time great and HOF....I never said you had to be one. So I believe DT needs to be more consistent at his own position before he critiques others. We'll find out this year.

Northman
04-14-2012, 01:43 PM
I think people just don't like to hear negative things about players they like.

Ya think? :lol:

claymore

Not harping on you, so dont take it that way... :D But, No one had anything bad to say about DT before he said this, everyone loved him and his potential.

And... What if DT does want to PROVE something. Proving it as a WR under tebow would have been impossible. Players have a limited amount of time, they dont want to waste it running the read option hokey offense.

MOtorboat
You and others keep throwing around all time great and HOF....I never said you had to be one. So I believe DT needs to be more consistent at his own position before he critiques others. We'll find out this year.

I think it's unfair to criticize his injury issues because he has an opinion about something, like what he said or not.

Besides, he played the team player and lied to people for an entire year about Tebow.

Northman

Not good enough Carol. According to his close friend Dogfish he wouldnt be participating at all.

Nomad
04-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Not harping on you, so dont take it that way... :D But, No one had anything bad to say about DT before he said this, everyone loved him and his potential.

And... What if DT does want to PROVE something. Proving it as a WR under tebow would have been impossible. Players have a limited amount of time, they dont want to waste it running the read option hokey offense.

None taken! I stated my views on the matter. Now, I expect DT to be flawless because he won't be able to blame the QB. And if Manning doesn't throw his way because he doesn't play up to par then I expect to see the same ones here flipflop (as usual, they do it quite of with players) and crucify the guy.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 02:17 PM
jeez

topscribe
04-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Maybe DT is just glad because he now has a better chance to become a good WR?

ShaneFalco
04-14-2012, 04:00 PM
the point is, DT should have never said anything in the first place. I dont care what he said, just the fact that he said it. Just like Owens on his radio show this week.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Every player has things to work on. There is no doubt DT has things to work on, and I'm sure there are people lining up to tell us alllllll about them now that he said Tebow isn't the best QB to have if you are a WR that wants to catch footballs. Shocking to hear from a WR.

Now, I expect DT to be flawless because he won't be able to blame the QB. And if Manning doesn't throw his way because he doesn't play up to par then I expect to see the same ones here flipflop (as usual, they do it quite of with players) and crucify the guy.

Yeup.. like I said

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 04:04 PM
the point is, DT should have never said anything in the first place. I dont care what he said, just the fact that he said it. Just like Owens on his radio show this week.

But if he would have said something positive, then its ok to answer the questions about Tim, right? Don't be disingenuous, of course you care what he said.

BroncoWave
04-14-2012, 04:21 PM
But if he would have said something positive, then its ok to answer the questions about Tim, right? Don't be disingenuous, of course you care what he said.

It's disingenuous to be ok with someone complimenting someone but not with them criticizing someone? Please.

jhildebrand
04-14-2012, 04:26 PM
How is working out goint to cure a broken foot??

His foot isn't broken. He is in Georgia, and has been, working out with Calvin Johnson and AJ Green.

And just how is he suppose to avoid injuries???? Injuries happen - that's part of playing sports. No better example than the Denver Nuggets. He could not participate in the combine because of a cracked bone in his right foot -

Why are we talking about the combine? :confused: I am talking about a guy, a WR drafted before Dez Bryant, who can't stay healthy and stay on the field who is complaining about a lack of passes being thrown his way. A guy who has 21 games out of a possible 32 in 2 short seasons.

Really? So he made an interview tour? How does one "worry about staying healthy?" I would like to know how that works.

Complete achilles tears are less frequent for younger athletes. You generally see them with athletes towards the end of their careers. Hamstrings and achilles are two injuries that are almost always preventable on the part of the athlete with proper conditioning, stretching and hydration.

An Interview Tour? Nope. See below for that silly comment.

You don't have to be an all time great. Nobody is making that assertion. For me it isn't the message. It is the messenger. DT can't expect ANYTHING when he can't prove to be healthy and on the field and EARNING the trust of his QB's in practice, OTA's, Camp, etc...

Now he is taking parting shots at a guy who is no longer on the team YET he is working out with other WR's from other teams when he could be here earning that trust of his new QB. Working with the QB and the other WR's to fit in. But he isn't. He is in GA running windsprints with AJ Green and Calvin Johnson. We all know that Manning will go to WR's he trusts. He isn't going to go to DT just because he is 6'5" and 235 and WANTS the ball. He isn't going to go to DT because DT was a high draft pick. He is going to go to the guys he trusts that put in the work with him!

So again, it is one thing to complain about not getting any balls thrown your away and it is another to complain and STILL NOT PUT IN THE WORK OTHER GUYS ARE WILLING TO AND DOING!

How so :confused: It was DT one handing a sure fire TD pass in the endzone (and dropping it) and getting the lone read from Tebow in the PO game against Pitt. If anything, Decker should be the one to have made the complaint that was made. It was his numbers that dropped immensely from Orton to Tebow.

jhildebrand
04-14-2012, 04:28 PM

It is disingenuous to say it months later when the guy is no longer part of the team and as the public's memory of that person throwing a perfect strike on a TD pass to win a home PO game has begun to fade.

Where were these comments earlier? :confused:

BroncoWave
04-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Putting everything else aside, DT led the NFL in yards for like a 4 or 5 week stretch at the end of the season. Not really sure what his beef is about not getting enough balls. What, did he not lead the league by enough yards in those weeks?

jhildebrand
04-14-2012, 04:37 PM
He averaged 5 receptions a game the last 5 games.

Eric Decker had 7 catches total the last 5 games.

Fells had 3

Royal had 1

ShaneFalco
04-14-2012, 04:43 PM

comments like those make me ashamed to be from Missouri.

Bullgator
04-14-2012, 04:57 PM
I cant wait until the end of next season. We will just see what team will have a better year, and because of who.

7-24... worst stretch in the nfl... 1-4 this year... then this talentless player who cant throw a spiral took you ingrates to a divisional playoff game for the first time in seven years.

I can't wait to start some EPIC told you so threads... Imagine the Jets in the Superbowl and the DB back to 4-12. Just the thought of that gave me a semi.

MOtorboat
04-14-2012, 04:59 PM
How so :confused: It was DT one handing a sure fire TD pass in the endzone (and dropping it) and getting the lone read from Tebow in the PO game against Pitt. If anything, Decker should be the one to have made the complaint that was made. It was his numbers that dropped immensely from Orton to Tebow.

Other than that you completely missed the context of my comment...

Why is it that he can't have an opinion? Because he dropped one pass, he's not allowed to answer a question? I have a sneaking suspicion, as does Ravage, obviously, that you wouldn't have a problem at all if his comment would have been "it was great working with Tim and we both have some issues to work on."

HOWEVER! That would have been a LIE. And I know how people hate it when those in the Broncos organization fib so they don't hurt people's fweelings... :rolleyes:

topscribe
04-14-2012, 05:05 PM
I cant wait until the end of next season. We will just see what team will have a better year, and because of who.

7-24... worst stretch in the nfl... 1-4 this year... then this talentless player who cant throw a spiral took you ingrates to a divisional playoff game for the first time in seven years.

I can't wait to start some EPIC told you so threads... Imagine the Jets in the Superbowl and the DB back to 4-12. Just the thought of that gave me a semi.

:rolleyes:

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 05:06 PM
It's disingenuous to be ok with someone complimenting someone but not with them criticizing someone? Please.

He said it didn't matter what he said, but that he said anything at all. Its disingenuous to suggest that WHAT they said didn't matter. Plus, its ok to have a criticizing opinion. Not everything has to be positive about Tim Tebow.

MOtorboat
04-14-2012, 05:07 PM
He said it didn't matter what he said, but that he said anything at all. Its disingenuous to suggest that WHAT they said didn't matter. Plus, its ok to have a criticizing opinion. Not everything has to be positive about Tim Tebow.

I think the memo went to your spam filter.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 05:08 PM
It is disingenuous to say it months later when the guy is no longer part of the team and as the public's memory of that person throwing a perfect strike on a TD pass to win a home PO game has begun to fade.

Where were these comments earlier? :confused:

Uhmm..no. Actually, you should be complimenting him for keeping those comments "in house" as we all have said before. He didn't criticize or say something negative about his QB and teammate. So if you want to claim he's being "disingenuous" for not saying something about a teammate on the roster. Ok. But I think thats the VERY thing that you compliment players for doing, isn't it?

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 05:09 PM

The Jets went to the AFC Championship game twice in the last 3 years without Tim Tebow as a back-up.

Bullgator
04-14-2012, 05:11 PM
The Jets went to the AFC Championship game twice in the last 3 years without Tim Tebow as a back-up.

Yea... that same team got beat by Tim... but the real question is what the hell did the DB do without Tim? and what will you do this year???

WE SHALL SEEE!

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 05:11 PM
comments like those make me ashamed to be from Missouri.

Please. Your complete BS about saying "it doesn't matter what he said" is the embarrassing part. Of course it matters what he said. At least we know that DT is honest about it.

MOtorboat
04-14-2012, 05:12 PM

Yes, but NOW they have something to root for.

MOtorboat
04-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Yea... that same team got beat by Tim... but the real question what the hell did the DB without Tim? and what will you do this year???

WE SHALL SEEE!

Three losing seasons in 30 years.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Yea... that same team got beat by Tim... but the real question what the hell did the DB without Tim? and what will you do this year???

WE SHALL SEEE!

:lol: Yeah, I'm sure we won't be NEARLY as good as the worst offense in the NFL like we were last season. I'm scared to see what a team led by Manning is compared to an offense led by Tebow.

As far as Tebow beating the Jets..... uhmmmm...... so? There has only been one unbeaten team in all of the NFL history. Meaning even the greatest of teams lost to lesser teams and lesser QBs.

Bullgator
04-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Three losing seasons in 30 years.

OR the worst team in the NFL until he started and single handedly saved the franchise.... he didnt take a good team to the playoffs but an NFL WORST 7-24 team.