PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade eyes Olympic pay

Denver Native (Carol)
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
MIAMI -- Count two-time Olympian and Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade among those who believe NBA players should be paid for playing with Team USA in the London Olympics.

Wade, the leading scorer on the 2008 national team that won a gold medal in China, said he agreed with Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen that players should be compensated for their time participating in the Summer Games. Allen first addressed the issue Tuesday night in an interview with FoxSports.com before the Celtics beat the Heat in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7801502/nba-olympians-compensated
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi

If you have to get paid to represent your country, well, then you're a selfish fraud.

turftoad
04-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Agreed. I remember the good ole days when Pro athletes could not participate in the Olimpics. This is the exact reason why they shouldn't. Greed!

skins_fan82
04-13-2012, 10:33 AM
i don't even know where to start. This could be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. what a moron.

I don't know what happened to him. I used to like Wade. He used to be pretty humble. But I guess a few rings and now having Lebron with him he's become a total douche.

Canmore
04-13-2012, 10:59 PM
i don't even know where to start. This could be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. what a moron.

I don't know what happened to him. I used to like Wade. He used to be pretty humble. But I guess a few rings and now having Lebron with him he's become a total douche.

I thought he only has one ring.

topscribe
04-13-2012, 11:40 PM
If that's what some of the prima donna pros have come to, I wouldn't be against just going back to sending amateur teams to the games.

So we lose a few more games. At least, guys such as Wade and Allen, who apparently don't give a crap about representing this country, won't be there . . .