PDA

View Full Version : Some tweaking of new server still underway - upgrade tonight or Monday to latest vBulletin software

Tned
04-12-2012, 07:54 AM
UPDATE: The vBulletin update was completed on 4/17/2012 -- post feedback/questions in this thread.

Just an update. Some of you may have had problems connecting about 10 minutes ago. The support group was installing some monitoring software and needed to do a quick reboot. Most of the performance tweaking has now been done, although I will be monitoring things and could possibly add some more RAM to the server, but right now it seems to have plenty.

cbiweb who migrated BF to vBulletin version four last month is working on the upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin. He's testing this on our vBulletin test site. This is a minor upgrade compared to last time, so "in theory" there should be no impact to users, other than about 60-90 minutes where the forum will be turned off during the actual upgrade. This will be done either late tonight or late Monday night.

There are a number of bug fixes, that make this upgrade worth going to. In addition, after the upgrade, you will have another mobile access option, http://www.forumrunner.net/

Forum Runner is a paid app for Android and Iphone ($1.99 I believe for full version, free for read only version), and they claim to be working on Blackberry and Windows Phone versions. The money goes to Forum Runner, not BF. While I haven't used Forum Runner yet, it is supposed to be a very good, mature mobile app. So, once it's an option, you can download the free version if you want, and if it's a better way to access BF from your phone/Ipad, then you can decide if you want to spend the $1.99

Chef Zambini
04-12-2012, 09:14 AM
tned, while tweeking how about a change to the title of our food thread? !!!
"ATWATER, and stir, Broncos Food Forum "

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Question Tned - before when clicking on albums, all albums could be viewed. Now, when I click on it - it states "This user does not have any albums to display", which I would imagine is a reference to me not having an album. Is there a way that all albums can be viewed again?

Tned
04-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Question Tned - before when clicking on albums, all albums could be viewed. Now, when I click on it - it states "This user does not have any albums to display", which I would imagine is a reference to me not having an album. Is there a way that all albums can be viewed again?

It's on the list of things to try and get reimplemented. That was a third party piece of software that doesn't work with vB4. I'll see if there is any update on it.

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 12:31 PM
having issues on some of the threads with the latest posts not showing up, something from last night? I can see who posted last and when I go into the thread that post is not there.

Tned
04-13-2012, 12:43 PM
having issues on some of the threads with the latest posts not showing up, something from last night? I can see who posted last and when I go into the thread that post is not there.

This must be related to the power outage I just posted about in a Town Hall thread. I'm running another utility that should fix that.

Tned
04-13-2012, 12:44 PM
P.S. Since we have over 300,000 threads, it will take a while for this utility to run.

Tned
04-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Ok, I finished running the utility that rebuilds thread information, and things seem to be back to normal now. Please let me know if there are any other problems/weirdness.

Tned
04-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Anyone having any issues following the upgrade yesterday morning?