PDA

View Full Version : Could have used the Goodmans today

Dean
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
I wonder it Pat "I have no memory of that" Bowlen realizes the opportunity that was missed today or is he in denial.

Our first pick was our best pick but did we really need a running back and will he cure what has ailed us for years?

Ayers, a weak (18 bench press reps) #18 pick without true 5 technique size and lacking in straight ahead speed and game experience, was taken. At that point I still had some sembalance of hope. IMO the 3-4 thrives on 1) a nose, 2) a pass rushing OLB (a long shot but maybe Ayers fits here), and five technique defensive ends that can jam and control offensive tackles. Maybe we would get a fair facsimile in the second and/or third rounds. There were still three picks left.

In the second round we trade up at a huge cost to get a 5'9" corner to work against today's 6'3" to 6'5" receivers.

I don't even want to talk about the third round.

The front office had 2 firsts, a second, two thirds, and next year's first that brought us almost nothing. Does this in any way, shape, or form resemble the last three drafts. McKid and X-man managed to do less in the draft with better and more picks than the Goodmans ever had.

This whole off season has been FUBAR.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-25-2009, 10:24 PM
We sure could have. I'm sure they'd of made excellent ass wipers for our kick ass prospects coming into town tomorrow.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 10:25 PM
I wonder it Pat "I have no memory of that" Bowlen realizes the opportunity that was missed today or is he in denial.

Our first pick was our best pick but did we really need a running back and will he cure what has ailed us for years?

Ayers, a weak (18 bench press reps) #18 pick without true 5 technique size and lacking in straight ahead speed and game experience, was taken. At that point I still had some sembalance of hope. IMO the 3-4 thrives on 1) a nose, 2) a pass rushing OLB (a long shot but maybe Ayers fits here), and five technique defensive ends that can jam and control offensive tackles. Maybe we would get a fair facsimile in the second and/or third rounds. There were still three picks left.

In the second round we trade up at a huge cost to get a 5'9" corner to work against today's 6'3" to 6'5" receivers.

I don't even want to talk about the third round.

The front office had 2 firsts, a second, two thirds, and next year's first that brought us almost nothing. Does this in any way, shape, or form resemble the last three drafts. McKid and X-man managed to do less in the draft with better and more picks than the Goodmans ever had.

This whole off season has been FUBAR.

A CB that would have been there at 48 and might have still been there in the 3rd. Imo, money made this personnel move.......

DenBronx
04-25-2009, 10:26 PM
goodmans > xanders

Dean
04-25-2009, 10:51 PM
We sure could have. I'm sure they'd of made excellent ass wipers for our kick ass prospects coming into town tomorrow.

With regard to their ability as ass wipers, I will have to defer to your experience in that regard.:coffee:

JKcatch724
04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Let's go ahead and see how these guys do in the pros, shall we?

I think we can all agree that Knowshon is the mother effin truth... no longer will we have to settle for the Selvin Youngs, Mike Andersons, Olandis Garys, and Tatum Bells of the world. We have Knowshon, and he's probably going to help our defense more than any defensive guys we drafted today.

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't read this pathetic thread, but the Goodman's couldn't draft defensive players to save their lives...

So..um...lol..

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Bashing the Goodmans? If Doogie had kept them instead you'd be bashing Xanahan.......

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Bashing the Goodmans? If Doogie had kept them instead you'd be bashing Xanahan.......

The Goodmans got Shanahan fired...oh, and his unintelligent move of trading up to get Cutler...but...

Wait...they were the SEC guys who wanted Cutler...

bcbronc
04-25-2009, 11:06 PM
yeah, the Goodman's did help us build the worst defense in the history of mankind. it's not easy to find that kind of talent.

Dean has joined the drama train. 'tis a shame. :tsk:

BroncoJoe
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
This thread:

Epic failure.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
The Goodmans got Shanahan fired...oh, and his unintelligent move of trading up to get Cutler...but...

Wait...they were the SEC guys who wanted Cutler...

Drafting Cutler was a bad move? On what planet?.......

BroncoJoe
04-25-2009, 11:09 PM

Is he here?

It was a wasted pick.

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:09 PM

Well, let's see, three years of no playoffs, ruining the confidence of a quarterback that took us to the AFC Championship the year before, an apparent ********, diabetic alcoholic...

Should I go on?

bcbronc
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
come on, if we never drafted Cutler we wouldn't have Ayers! :rockon:

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:11 PM
come on, if we never drafted Cutler we wouldn't have Ayers! :rockon:

Actually, we had two picks in the first round in 2006, and we could have had two players who wouldn't have completely ruined the team....

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Lay off the crack, MB.......

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Lay off the crack, MB.......

Oh, yeah...explain that dumbass comment to me...

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Is he here?

It was a wasted pick.

How do you make it through life with logic like this? I'm actually fascinated.......

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:21 PM
How do you make it through life with logic like this? I'm actually fascinated.......

Well, in retrospect, The Child has ruined this organization. Couldn't win games. Couldn't deal with adversity.

Can you explain that shit?

Simple Jaded
Oh, yeah...explain that dumbass comment to me...

Which one, there are many?.......

Watchthemiddle
The Goodmans and Shanahan are no longer here because they were responsible for building the worst Defense in NFL history.

You sure you wish they were here?

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Which one, there are many?.......

You've made many dumbass comments? I agree.

slim
04-25-2009, 11:23 PM

How do you make through life when you can't even handle a little external adveristy? I am actually fascinated....

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Well, in retrospect, The Child has ruined this organization. Couldn't win games. Couldn't deal with adversity.

Can you explain that shit?

Easy, you've got it twisted......it happens, don't be too hard on yourself.......

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:24 PM
How do you make through life when you can't even handle a little external adveristy? I am actually fascinated....

I'm doing just fine.......got my feet firmly planted in reality.......

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 11:24 PM
after the draft, I think the only 'child' that has messed up is the 'child' that is actually trading away our picks for positions that could wait

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:25 PM
You've made many dumbass comments? I agree.

Not necessarily, you didn't specify who's dumbass comment you need exlained.......

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:26 PM
The Goodmans and Shanahan are no longer here because they were responsible for building the worst Defense in NFL history.

Wait? NOW the defense is a problem? How convenient.......

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Easy, you've got it twisted......it happens, don't be too hard on yourself.......

Cutler abandoned his team...not the other way around...

There are those that are so jaded by their love for the douche bag, that they can't see reality, but reality is that Cutler betrayed Denver, not the other way around.

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Not necessarily, you didn't specify who's dumbass comment you need exlained.......

Apparently someone doesn't understand what the word "that" means.

Fail. Again.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Cutler abandoned his team...not the other way around...

There are those that are so jaded by their love for the douche bag, that they can't see reality, but reality is that Cutler betrayed Denver, not the other way around.

Cutler told the Broncos to cut the bullshit and trade him because they had been trying to trade him from the official beginning of the 2009 season.

You feel betrayed, that's fine, but the Broncos are the one that screwed the pooch.......

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Apparently someone doesn't understand what the word "that" means.

Fail. Again.

Yeah, I don't seem to follow you instuctions very well, maybe you could be more specific.......

aberdien
04-25-2009, 11:34 PM

Patience must be some form of virtue. I still don't understand the logic behind rebuilding when you had the #2 offense with the future focus obviously going towards the defense.

But oh well, the deed was done. Time to move on and wait for the current mess to be repaired eventually.

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Cutler told the Broncos to cut the bullshit and trade him because they had been trying to trade him from the official beginning of the 2009 season.

You feel betrayed, that's fine, but the Broncos are the one that screwed the pooch.......

I'm glad you believe speculation, but none of this has been proven true. You should maybe read about stuff a few weeks later. McDaniels has publicly said, repeatedly that Denver didn't want to trade Cutler, but that Cutler forced his hand. He has repeatedly said that a deal was proposed late in the process that Denver said no to. Hell, he even said, multiple times that he wanted Cutler to be the quarterback!

Quite frankly, if you can't understand this...then you're just as bad as Cutler. And apparently Cutler is an idiot.

LoyalSoldier
04-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Is he here?

It was a wasted pick.

Oh yes because all the first rounders we got back for him was a waste. :tsk: We payed two first rounders to get Cutler and got two firsts and a third back for him. If anything it was a wash.

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm glad you believe speculation, but none of this has been proven true. You should maybe read about stuff a few weeks later. McDaniels has publicly said, repeatedly that Denver didn't want to trade Cutler, but that Cutler forced his hand. He has repeatedly said that a deal was proposed late in the process that Denver said no to. Hell, he even said, multiple times that he wanted Cutler to be the quarterback!

Quite frankly, if you can't understand this...then you're just as bad as Cutler. And apparently Cutler is an idiot.

according to the VAST majority of all the people on all the stations covering the NFL.. the idiots were our FO. Not only for the trading away of Cutler.. but the picks that followed.

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Oh yes because all the first rounders we got back for him was wasted. :tsk: We payed two first rounders to get Cutler and got two firsts and a third back for him. If anything it was a wash.

we didn't use two first rounders on Cutler.........

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:44 PM
according to the VAST majority of all the people on all the stations covering the NFL.. the idiots were our FO. Not only for the trading away of Cutler.. but the picks that followed.

So, we should just write the season, the coach and the franchise off.

Go root for the Bears. They have hope.

Watchthemiddle
04-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Patience must be some form of virtue. I still don't understand the logic behind rebuilding when you had the #2 offense with the future focus obviously going towards the defense.

But oh well, the deed was done. Time to move on and wait for the current mess to be repaired eventually.

The number two offense with no points to show for it...:rolleyes:

Ravage!!!
So, we should just write the season, the coach and the franchise off.

Go root for the Bears. They have hope.

yeah.. thats what I said. But you are right, the Bears DO have hope... thats what happens when you actuall aquire good players instead of getting rid of them.

LoyalSoldier
we didn't use two first rounders on Cutler.........

Yea we did. We had the Redskins first rounder and another from the Jets (I think) that year. Remember how we traded the 2005 first rounder for the 2006 of the redskins?

We packaged those picks for the 11th from the Rams.

Watchthemiddle
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM

Who cares about the "vast majority" of people outside of the organization and across the country covering the NFL. Oh you mean the people who are right about 25% of their time with their picks? Ya, WE SHOULD ALL CARE ABOUT WHAT THEY THINK!!

Since everyone seems to be such a BIG CUTLER fan and not Bronco fan, go cheer for the Bears. Cutler is gone, the deed was done, time to get over it and be excited about whats to come.

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Yea we did. We had the Redskins first rounder and another from the Jets (I think) that year. Remember how we traded the 2005 first rounder for the 2006 of the redskins?

We packaged those picks for the 11th from the Rams.

Ugh.. I have to get to bed........ something about that doesn't read right to me. But hell.. I've been wrong allllllll day long, so this doesn't surprise me one bit :beer:

Watchthemiddle
04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Ugh.. I have to get to bed........ something about that doesn't read right to me. But hell.. I've been wrong allllllll day long, so this doesn't surprise me one bit :beer:

:laugh::laugh:

omac
04-25-2009, 11:50 PM
yeah, the Goodman's did help us build the worst defense in the history of mankind. it's not easy to find that kind of talent.

Dean has joined the drama train. 'tis a shame. :tsk:

People can complain incessantly for years about Shanahan, Plummer, Cutler, Coyer.

Dean has his own opinions and he voices them in a reasonable manner, but because he does not like the direction the front office is taking, he's on the drama train? :confused:

sneakers
04-25-2009, 11:50 PM
sorry, this thread is garbage.

slim
04-25-2009, 11:51 PM
sorry, this thread is garbage.

Why do you say that?

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:51 PM

I have no intentions of taking Doogie's word for anything, but even if your Franchise MVP demands a trade you laugh him and his agent out of the room and tell him to get his ass in camp. If you think this is the first time a Franchise QB has made a power play, you're kidding yourself.

Doogie could not have handled this worse than he did and, especially if you're correct, he got his ass handed to him by a 25 year baby from the beginning.

Well played insult, btw.......

MOtorboat
04-25-2009, 11:52 PM
I have no intentions of taking Doogie's word for anything, but even if your Franchise MVP demands a trade you laugh him and his agent out of the room and tell him to get his ass in camp. If you think this is the first time a Franchise QB has made a power play, you're kidding yourself.

Doogie could not have handled this worse than he did and, especially if you're correct, he got his ass handed to him by a 25 year baby from the beginning.

Well played insult, btw.......

So...we take The Child's word over McDaniel's word.

Noted.

Italianmobstr7
04-25-2009, 11:53 PM

The VAST majority of all the people on all the stations covering the NFL are about as qualified as you and me... Once again, it doesn't matter what people say. What matters is what happens on the field. We won't know until Aug-Sep how this all worked out. I bet last year you were PISSED when we drafted Royal huh?

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:54 PM

Noted.

Which one is The Child again?.......

slim
04-25-2009, 11:55 PM
The VAST majority of all the people on all the stations covering the NFL are about as qualified as you and me... Once again, it doesn't matter what people say. What matters is what happens on the field. We won't know until Aug-Sep how this all worked out. I bet last year you were PISSED when we drafted Royal huh?

You mean the special teams player we took in the 2nd? Man, that pick sucked.

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Who cares about the "vast majority" of people outside of the organization and across the country covering the NFL. Oh you mean the people who are right about 25% of their time with their picks? Ya, WE SHOULD ALL CARE ABOUT WHAT THEY THINK!!

Since everyone seems to be such a BIG CUTLER fan and not Bronco fan, go cheer for the Bears. Cutler is gone, the deed was done, time to get over it and be excited about whats to come.

For one.. those outside the organization aren't clouded by over-negative feelings because a player left. They can actually view things as they are as opposed to being all 'angry' at the player.

Two.... I'm NOT excited about whats about to come. I WAS excited about our team and the direction we were headed with cutler. I WAS excited to finally have that presence and player behind center. having a stud QB on the team again, WAS exciting....... Orton doesn't excite me. McDaniels has given me NOTHING to be excited about thus far.

So until the season gets here, this "lets be happy for what we have" thing you TRY and push on people until YOu want to rant into one of your negative tyraids, doesn't hold water with me.

Of COURSE the Cutler topic is still a POINT to be talked about. We supposedly TRADED our star player for DRAFT PICKS..... and the draft was TODAY and Tomorrow....NOT exactly in the PAST. This trade, will follow the Broncos and McDaniels for YEARS, and that goes whether he succeeds or fails here. So if you think that everyone should/will simply "ignore" the HUGE pink elephant inthe room that is one of the BIGGEST trades in NFL history, simply because you actually think this team is better off without our pro-bowl QB, doesn't make it a fACt, and certainly doesn't mean I accept your 'desire' to feel that it will go away if you don't talk about it.

bcbronc
04-25-2009, 11:58 PM
The number two offense with no points to show for it...:rolleyes:

we scored lots of points...for the first three weeks of the season.

People can complain incessantly for years about Shanahan, Plummer, Cutler, Coyer.

Dean has his own opinions and he voices them in a reasonable manner, but because he does not like the direction the front office is taking, he's on the drama train? :confused:

ya basically. The drama train is all relative. for Dean, this thread is huge drama. ;)

it's not what he said, it's just I expect Dean to be the voice of reason and to keep an eye on the big picture. I'm just a little surprised he's got his mind made up on these draft picks so far away from training camp.

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 11:59 PM

Thats completely inaccurate. EVERYONE covering the draft is more qualified than you and/or I. Doesn't mean their opinion is worth more, other than they get paid for theirs. Doesn't mean their opinion is fact, but it does mean I will certainly value their opinion more than yours because I respect their credentials and their knowledge from inside the game...whether because they are covering.. have been covering.. or actually played in the league itself.

So yes.... all that matters is what happens on the field. I guess in the meantime, the message board should shut down because we have nothing to talk about other than how 'thrilled' we are about how our FO traded away our picks.

Not only is that boring...but thats choosing to close your eyes to anything other than 'happy happy joy joy' comments.

And just to end by answering your question... No.. I was not pissed at the draft of Royal one bit.

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 12:02 AM
we scored lots of points...for the first three weeks of the season.

ya basically. The drama train is all relative. for Dean, this thread is huge drama. ;)

it's not what he said, it's just I expect Dean to be the voice of reason and to keep an eye on the big picture. I'm just a little surprised he's got his mind made up on these draft picks so far away from training camp.

but what you are saying, bc, is that you think dean should think more like you, and not express his dismay with what HE sees the team doing and choosing to do...whether that be trades or picks they make in the draft. Dean, as you know, is more than intelligent enough to make a judgement based on what he sees NOW...a nd doesn't have to wait for later in order to make an opinionated statement as to what HE feels is going on.

Opinions can change..... but that doesn't mean his (or anyones) opinion is wrong as to what we see, right now.

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 12:04 AM
For one.. those outside the organization aren't clouded by over-negative feelings because a player left. They can actually view things as they are as opposed to being all 'angry' at the player.

Two.... I'm NOT excited about whats about to come. I WAS excited about our team and the direction we were headed with cutler. I WAS excited to finally have that presence and player behind center. having a stud QB on the team again, WAS exciting....... Orton doesn't excite me. McDaniels has given me NOTHING to be excited about thus far.

So until the season gets here, this "lets be happy for what we have" thing you TRY and push on people until YOu want to rant into one of your negative tyraids, doesn't hold water with me.

Of COURSE the Cutler topic is still a POINT to be talked about. We supposedly TRADED our star player for DRAFT PICKS..... and the draft was TODAY and Tomorrow....NOT exactly in the PAST. This trade, will follow the Broncos and McDaniels for YEARS, and that goes whether he succeeds or fails here. So if you think that everyone should/will simply "ignore" the HUGE pink elephant inthe room that is one of the BIGGEST trades in NFL history, simply because you actually think this team is better off without our pro-bowl QB, doesn't make it a fACt, and certainly doesn't mean I accept your 'desire' to feel that it will go away if you don't talk about it.

Doom and gloom.

Why are you so upset? You weren't high on the FO coming into the draft, so to be this upset over their picks makes no sense. You disliked them in the beginning, so today shouldn't surprise you ...as far as YOUR standards go.

:coffee:

bcbronc
04-26-2009, 12:09 AM
but what you are saying, bc, is that you think dean should think more like you, and not express his dismay with what HE sees the team doing and choosing to do...whether that be trades or picks they make in the draft. Dean, as you know, is more than intelligent enough to make a judgement based on what he sees NOW...a nd doesn't have to wait for later in order to make an opinionated statement as to what HE feels is going on.

Opinions can change..... but that doesn't mean his (or anyones) opinion is wrong as to what we see, right now.

no, what I think is Dean should voice his opinions whenever and where ever he sees fit. and I think I should have equal right to express my opinion in response.

imo Dean dismissing all our draft picks before any have had a chance to don the orange and blue, and lamenting the loss of a GM and his son that assembled the "talent" that was the worst defense in franchise history, is a tad over dramatic. especially for someone with a proven track record of maintaining his composer and the football wisdom to know rarely--if ever--are things as they seem on draft day once october rolls around.

but yeah, thinking more like me would do everyone some good. :D

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Doom and gloom.

Why are you so upset? You weren't high on the FO coming into the draft, so to be this upset over their picks makes no sense. You disliked them in the beginning, so today shouldn't surprise you ...as far as YOUR standards go.

:coffee:

absolutely I'm upsett. Absolutely I didn't like them coming in... does that mean I don't root for the Broncos for root for the FO to actually improve the team and not make us look like fools??

You know.. its ok to criticize the coach and GM and still be a fan of the team. I don't have to think "everything is going to be fine" simply because they are the coach to my team to be a fan.

Unfortunately.. you are right, however. They didn't surprise me. McDaniels proved he was young and inexperienced early in the offseason, and proved it in a BIG way during the draft. Not surprised, but doesn't mean I like it.

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 12:13 AM
no, what I think is Dean should voice his opinions whenever and where ever he sees fit. and I think I should have equal right to express my opinion in response.

imo Dean dismissing all our draft picks before any have had a chance to don the orange and blue, and lamenting the loss of a GM and his son that assembled the "talent" that was the worst defense in franchise history, is a tad over dramatic. especially for someone with a proven track record of maintaining his composer and the football wisdom to know rarely--if ever--are things as they seem on draft day once october rolls around.

but yeah, thinking more like me would do everyone some good. :D

There you go... knowing Dean as you do... perhaps the real problem isn't that you think Dean is being dramatic, but worrying that his insights are correct :beer:

LordTrychon
04-26-2009, 12:13 AM

Noted.

Cutler, if anything, prior to this offseason... was TOO open about his mind and what he thought. Nobody ever called him a liar until they were upset about the way he felt.

McDaniels said Cutler is our QB, and I'm looking forward to working with him... then entertained trades...

Then he told Orton he was the QB he really wanted... and then brought in Sanchez for interviews...

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 12:14 AM
not to mention fed us the 'just answering the phone' BS....

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Cutler, if anything, prior to this offseason... was TOO open about his mind and what he thought. Nobody ever called him a liar until they were upset about the way he felt.

McDaniels said Cutler is our QB, and I'm looking forward to working with him... then entertained trades...

Then he told Orton he was the QB he really wanted... and then brought in Sanchez for interviews...

Reportedly (since we're believing reports...) Cutler demanded a trade when Shanahan was fired.

McDaniels, and more probable Xanders listened to several trades, which he said no to. That's when Cutler and his agent went bonkers.

I don't give a shit how Cutler "felt." He lied to and would not communicate with the front office. Period.

slim
04-26-2009, 12:18 AM
I am glad we are all past the Culter trade.

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 12:20 AM

Not really how it all went down according to whats been reported.

McD was presented with a few trade options for Jay. That didn't happen.

THen McD said Jay is our QB.

Then Cutler said he wanted a trade.

Then Cutler was on the trading block and claimed he never wanted a trade.

Then Cutler was traded.

And the Broncos never brought in Sanchez for interviews, they went to L.A. to watch him workout ...as did MANY NFL teams.

Lets not OVER-REACT and put events in place that NEVER took place.

Speaking of Sanchez, if the Broncos and McD really wanted him, they could have made the moves necessary to get him. That didn't happen.

Orton is the guy.

Italianmobstr7
04-26-2009, 12:21 AM
absolutely I'm upsett. Absolutely I didn't like them coming in... does that mean I don't root for the Broncos for root for the FO to actually improve the team and not make us look like fools??

You know.. its ok to criticize the coach and GM and still be a fan of the team. I don't have to think "everything is going to be fine" simply because they are the coach to my team to be a fan.

Unfortunately.. you are right, however. They didn't surprise me. McDaniels proved he was young and inexperienced early in the offseason, and proved it in a BIG way during the draft. Not surprised, but doesn't mean I like it.

He didn't prove anything yet. The draft isn't over. We haven't seen the rookies play yet so how can you deem McD young and inexperienced by who he drafted so far? Just because you don't like what we did or think it was good doesn't mean that it was wrong. I'm not saying we can't discuss what happened, but you should see what the players can do before you throw our head coach under the bus...

scott.475
04-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Don't have time to read all this thread, but gosh, I am just not enthusiastic about this year, especially after today. I really don't get it, I really think we are living in Bizzaro World.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Thats completely inaccurate. EVERYONE covering the draft is more qualified than you and/or I. Doesn't mean their opinion is worth more, other than they get paid for theirs. Doesn't mean their opinion is fact, but it does mean I will certainly value their opinion more than yours because I respect their credentials and their knowledge from inside the game...whether because they are covering.. have been covering.. or actually played in the league itself.

So yes.... all that matters is what happens on the field. I guess in the meantime, the message board should shut down because we have nothing to talk about other than how 'thrilled' we are about how our FO traded away our picks.

Not only is that boring...but thats choosing to close your eyes to anything other than 'happy happy joy joy' comments.

And just to end by answering your question... No.. I was not pissed at the draft of Royal one bit.

Not true, the only people qualified are the people making the decisions, the rest of the NFL community have no business criticizing because there must be a reason they are not making those decisions.

So plant your lips on Doogies ass and get with the program.......

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 12:34 AM

Actually no noe of the other coaches and xman went to see him in So cal..

Josh stayed home to prepare for the draft..

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I am glad we are all past the Culter trade.

some will never be done with it, just like John will always be the best QB on the planet..:laugh:

LordTrychon
04-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Reportedly (since we're believing reports...) Cutler demanded a trade when Shanahan was fired.

McDaniels, and more probable Xanders listened to several trades, which he said no to. That's when Cutler and his agent went bonkers.

I don't give a shit how Cutler "felt." He lied to and would not communicate with the front office. Period.

Lied to? Not sure when that happened. And I didn't say I believe every report that comes out... I said that Cutler had been known for being too honest. I don't think that IF Cutler actually requested a trade when Shanny was fired that it was taken seriously or had really anything to do with the situation later.

Cutler was also trying to get past this at one point, to move forward... but left the meetings feeling worse again... Although McDaniels said that the meetings went well... He lied then or just really can't deal with players well... because Cutler sure didn't think so.

I'm willing to give McDaniels his shot, but to place all the blame on one side is... whatever.

Not really how it all went down according to whats been reported.

McD was presented with a few trade options for Jay. That didn't happen.

THen McD said Jay is our QB.

Then Cutler said he wanted a trade.

Then Cutler was on the trading block and claimed he never wanted a trade.

Then Cutler was traded.

And the Broncos never brought in Sanchez for interviews, they went to L.A. to watch him workout ...as did MANY NFL teams.

Lets not OVER-REACT and put events in place that NEVER took place.

Speaking of Sanchez, if the Broncos and McD really wanted him, they could have made the moves necessary to get him. That didn't happen.

Orton is the guy.

McDaniels and Bowlen said that Cutler was their man.

If they really wanted him, they could've made that happen.

LordTrychon
04-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Actually no noe of the other coaches and xman went to see him in So cal..

Josh stayed home to prepare for the draft..

Fair enough.

More than anything, I thought it was a funny point made on Mike and Mike. :laugh:

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 12:41 AM
McDaniels and Bowlen said that Cutler was their man.

If they really wanted him, they could've made that happen.

Not if "that" man wouldn't return their phone calls and texts and was acting a 7 year old school girl saying he wanted a trade.

Not really McD's or Bowlen's fault if "that" guy didn't want to play here.

LordTrychon
04-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Not if "that" man wouldn't return their phone calls and texts and was acting a 7 year old school girl saying he wanted a trade.

Not really McD's or Bowlen's fault if "that" guy didn't want to play here.

He said he'd show up for mandatory camps. I don't see how hard it could have been to hold him to that.

Can't use his name, WTM? What is he? Your Voldemort? :laugh:

slim
04-26-2009, 12:55 AM
He said he'd show up for mandatory camps. I don't see how hard it could have been to hold him to that.

Mandatory camp is not good enough. They are installing a new offense, FFS. He needed to be there for EVERYTHING.

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 12:57 AM

Well being that he is supposed to be your franchise QB and leader of the team....also that their is a new system being put in place...new staff, new coaches, new philosophy's not so sure why it would be so hard to show up to the voluntary camps.

What's a Voldemort? :laugh:

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 12:58 AM
Mandatory camp is not good enough. They are installing a new offense, FFS. He needed to be there for EVERYTHING.

plus he promised to be there way back for his teammates.. but he NO showed ..

Why did anyone think he would come later on?

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Well being that he is supposed to be your franchise QB and leader of the team....also that their is a new system being put in place...new staff, new coaches, new philosophy's not so sure why it would be so hard to show up to the voluntary camps.

someone from Harry Potter.. and I only know cause I sat through them with my younger daughter at the time..
about the only thing I do remember

LordTrychon
04-26-2009, 01:16 AM

Well, the coach is really supposed to be the leader of the team... and usually, trying not to piss off one of your best assets is one of the things I look for in a leader... but whatever. Here's hoping that Marshall and Royal and our line make Orton look godly.

Voldemort? A character that other characters were too scared to use the actual name.

Dean
04-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Well, the coach is really supposed to be the leader of the team... and usually, trying not to piss off one of your best assets is one of the things I look for in a leader... but whatever. Here's hoping that Marshall and Royal and our line make Orton look godly.

Ever since the meeting between Jay and McKid where Jay said that he thought that he felt they were trying to antagonize him, I have wondered if McKid wasn't trying to force Cutler out.

Like you said maybe Orton will be the man. Who knows?

Voldemort? A character that other characters were too scared to use the actual name.

Oh. . . like the veteran players being scared that McKid will give them the boot? At least I, personally, would be very uneasy if I were making my living at Dove Valley right now.

Tned
04-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Well, the coach is really supposed to be the leader of the team... and usually, trying not to piss off one of your best assets is one of the things I look for in a leader... but whatever.

Yea, this is my issue with what happened. No excuse for how Cutler and his agent behaved, but the fact is that a smart, experienced coach wouldn't have let it get to that.

McDaniels didn't seem to grasp it's about winning football games, not pissing contests with players on your team.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-26-2009, 09:36 AM
This thread blows.

nevcraw
04-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Well, let's see, three years of no playoffs, ruining the confidence of a quarterback that took us to the AFC Championship the year before, an apparent ********, diabetic alcoholic...

Should I go on?

pathetic..

jrelway
04-26-2009, 09:42 AM
ruining the confidence of a qb that took us to the afc championship? i think you need to blame shanny for that one. not jay.

MOtorboat
04-26-2009, 09:45 AM
ruining the confidence of a qb that took us to the afc championship? i think you need to blame shanny for that one. not jay.

I am. Go back and read that through again.

The original argument was because it was asked if "the Jay Cutler pick was a bad move?"

Retrospectively, yes.

nevcraw
04-26-2009, 09:50 AM
a veteran QB that loses his confidence because of competition should be tossed out of the league on his ass..
pathetic argument..