PDA

View Full Version : A MUST Read For Distraught Fans

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 10:19 PM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/4/25/853595/mhr-university-2009-draft-picks

Copyrighted material..

We had a solid, not spectacular, draft. Our draft wasn't "atrocious" like people seem to think.

EDIT: Sorry dudes, apparantly I'm not allowed to post the article here. Please follow the link, it will be worth your while.

slim
04-25-2009, 10:19 PM
How are we supposed to read it when the text is the same color as the background :noidea:

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 10:20 PM
How are we supposed to read it when the text is the same color as the background :noidea:

It's not :coffee:

Lonestar
04-25-2009, 10:23 PM

YOU click on the link and go there.. to read it

SmilinAssasSin27
04-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Interesting take. So which will Ayers play? Some say he can add 10 Lbs and be the 3-4 DE and some say (and I believe) that he can excel at SOLB.

claymore
04-25-2009, 10:26 PM
How the hell is MHR the only place we cant copy and past stuff from? Surely their legal staff isnt better than ESPN and others.....

Greatspirits
04-25-2009, 10:31 PM
It doesn't matter what all the fans and so called experts say, it all comes down to what we'll see on the field this fall, by then we should have feel about this draft good or bad.

Lonestar
04-25-2009, 10:34 PM
How the hell is MHR the only place we cant copy and past stuff from? Surely their legal staff isnt better than ESPN and others.....

It is an agreement we have come to with the owner.. and frankly the other places do not really allow it either. but he checks and will not allow it..

We are honoring his wishes..

Denver Native (Carol)
04-25-2009, 10:34 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8993

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With the No. 48 pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Broncos selected safety Darcel McBath from Texas Tech.

McBath began his career at cornerback before becoming Texas Tech's anchor in the secondary at the free safety position, where he started his final 39 games.

He said his time at cornerback helped him flourish at safety.

"It just helped me with my ball skills, playing deep balls," he said. "And as far as interceptions and returns, it kind of helped me because instead of playing it like a run, I was playing it more as a cover free safety."

Playing safety at a school like Texas Tech is even harder because of the team's high-powered offense. Teams were mostly playing from behind and passing almost every play last season, but McBath stood up to the challenge. He pulled in seven interceptions -- tied for third in the NCAA, including a school season-record tying two returns for touchdowns -- and six of his seven pass deflections came on third-down plays.

Practicing every day against a playmaker like new San Francisco 49er receiver Michael Crabtree certainly helped McBath hone his coverage abilities.

"Playing in the Big 12 I've seen some of the best receivers, some of the best talent, in the country. Playing against Crabtree everyday, ... if he beat me, or if I beat him, it was a battle everyday to get better."

McBath showed some of his agility and athleticism at the NFL Combine, finishing third in the vertical jump, fifth in the three-cone drill and fourth in the 20-yard shuffle among safeties. He was also known for contributing on special teams, and his size and speed should allow him to continue to do so for the Broncos.

McBath began his transition to safety as a sophomore, while he was recovering from an injury from his freshman season. The move was a success, as he earned All-Big 12 Conference second-team honors, ranking third on the team with 75 tackles. He also picked off three passes and deflected five other throws.

As a junior, he was firmly entrenched at free safety and received All-Big 12 Conference honorable mention as he led the team with eight pass deflections. He also caused and returned a fumble for his first career touchdown.

Now that he's a Bronco, McBath is excited for the next step in his career, and the fact that he gets to take that step next to fellow defensive backs like Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins.

"I'm blessed because I get to come into a system that has two future Hall of Famers -- those guys are great," McBath said. "My eyes are going to be wide open and I'm going to be trying to learn from those two guys. Those two guys alone, if I can pick up anything from them, I'll be a better player."

Requiem / The Dagda
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Claymore, don't read it. Go to BT. That is where it is at. . . cause I am there. ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
There's all kinds of information on the players drafted so far on:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=2482

honz
04-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Claymore, don't read it. Go to BT. That is where it is at. . . cause I am there. ;)
What's BT? I'd love to read your gibberish.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2009, 11:14 PM
The Mile High Report? Gimme a ******* break.......

SR
04-25-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't buy that crap. The only player we picked up that I like is Ayers. Other than that, we drafted a bunch of players we don't NEED. Why did we use our first pick on a stud RB? Why did we pick up a corner when we have enough depth beyond our two starters? Why did we draft a safety when we still have at least one future stud safety behind our two starters (Barrett). Why did we draft a blocking TE when we already have the best blocking TE in the NFL (Graham)? We also have two of the better pass catching TEs in the NFL in Putzier and Scheffler. I just don't get the train of though Xanders and McD had going in to today. It baffles me. Our BIGGEST needs were along the defensive front. We could have grabbed Orakpo, Brace, Rey Maualuga (sp?), among others, and all we walked away with was Ayers. Really? The one thing I was hoping for that didn't happen was that for some dumb reason we drafted Moreno to trade him to Philly for their first and something else so that we could pick up a player like Clay Matthews or Ron Brace. It didn't happen. I'll tell you what, if these secondary players we picked up today, along with Moreno, don't do something special this year, I'll be livid.

Watchthemiddle
04-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Like the article said...it doesn't really matter who we all had as our favorites or who we liked best. The Broncos were going for people who were the best at their postition.

I am starting to see the big picture as well.

After the first round, not too many people on here really know any names other than the ones who have been hyped over and over in mocks and on ESPN and the NFLN. So, what do you have to complain about? We are going back to ball control offense...something we never had with Cutler, and a turnover machine on defense...something we haven't seen in forever.

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

SR
04-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Like the article said...it doesn't really matter who we all had as our favorites or who we liked best. The Broncos were going for people who were the best at their postition.

After the first round, not too many people on here really know any names other than the ones who have been hyped over and over in mocks and on ESPN and the NFLN. So, what do you have to complain about? We are going back to ball control offense...something we never had with Cutler, and a turnover machine on defense...something we haven't seen in forever.

I understand the point the author of that article is going to make, but what difference will picking up iffy secondary picks make IF we don't have a defensive line or linebackers worth a shit to stop the run? Yeah it's quite possible our secondary is going to be awesome, but our secondary can't cover receivers and play the run at the same time. Sure, pick people that are the "best' at something, but being that they're the "best" at something doesn't make them what we NEED. We NEEDED to draft stud front seven players, and we got ONE.

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't buy that crap. The only player we picked up that I like is Ayers. Other than that, we drafted a bunch of players we don't NEED. Why did we use our first pick on a stud RB? Why did we pick up a corner when we have enough depth beyond our two starters? Why did we draft a safety when we still have at least one future stud safety behind our two starters (Barrett). Why did we draft a blocking TE when we already have the best blocking TE in the NFL (Graham)? We also have two of the better pass catching TEs in the NFL in Putzier and Scheffler. I just don't get the train of though Xanders and McD had going in to today. It baffles me. Our BIGGEST needs were along the defensive front. We could have grabbed Orakpo, Brace, Rey Maualuga (sp?), among others, and all we walked away with was Ayers. Really? The one thing I was hoping for that didn't happen was that for some dumb reason we drafted Moreno to trade him to Philly for their first and something else so that we could pick up a player like Clay Matthews or Ron Brace. It didn't happen. I'll tell you what, if these secondary players we picked up today, along with Moreno, don't do something special this year, I'll be livid.

Dude. Complaining isn't going to change anything. All we can do is hope that these players are legit...and I'm going to try and believe. :werd:

Hawgdriver
04-26-2009, 02:44 AM
I really like the idea that our objective is to build a turnover generating defense, if that is true. The selections seem to fit that theory.

While we bemoan our awful defense of last year, and the lack of a stud d-line, I agree that we will win games if we can generate turnovers and keep our defense off the field.

I'm going to jump on this bandwagon, because if it's true, it seems brilliant to me. I don't think folks value turnovers enough. Interceptions are like instant 3 & outs + 30 yard punt returns--or better (score erasers). Plus, they get the defense off the field instantly. Our defense seems to play lights out until they get winded.

We will still need to generate the pressure required to force hurried passes. Ayers should help. A defensive coordinator that can use existing talent to get to the QB might help.

If McDaniels and Nolan understand how to use these guys to build a turnover-generating defense, I'm all for it. It might be a lot quicker than a d-line reclamation project.

But we still have to wonder how we will consistently generate the QB pressure mistakes and run stopping at the line that are required to make it work. I wish I saw how they are making this happen.

Fan in Exile
04-26-2009, 04:14 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while and I believe that there are some points that need to be made.

ILB isn't the biggest need not with Williams, Woodyard, Davis, and Larsen. I wouldn't be surprised if the FO is okay with going into next season with those four guys. It's also not as important in the 3-4 as the MIKE is in the 4-3. I never really thought this was a huge need.

OLB I'm hoping that Ayers is going to play here because he just seems too small to play DE. Other than him we've got a bunch of guys who are question marks. If Ayers is playing here than I'm assuming they figured that one of the five other guys is the answer to the other side and I'm going to trust them on that one.

DE Apparently Askew and Peterson were starting in mini-camp so I find it hard to believe that we couldn't get some kind of an upgrade here. However there's a big drop off after Tyson Jackson. I also think that the Chiefs really reached for Jackson. I think the plan must be, assuming they aren't morons, that there's no reason to reach for a 3-4 DE in the first two rounds when the quality is almost the same in the later rounds.

There are still a ton of 3-4 DEs on the board, and I'm hoping we can get Gilbert.

NT this is what people IMO are really up in arms about. I think if we had taken next years first and traded it for Brace no one would have been angry about it. However I've never really thought that Brace was worth the pick. He played next to Raji which took a lot of pressure off of him, and it never turns out well for teams who take the second most talented guy in a unit. After him the Scott, Baker, and Hill are all still on the board. I don't think any of them are worth a second either, but I think they'll do as well as Brace.

So we can still get a rotational NT guy we'll just get him in the appropriate round for his talent.

Here's what makes me feel good about this draft.

1. There's no doubt the guys we've gotten are football players.

2. There's no players with stupid injury histories.

3. It's a weak draft for 3-4 linemen and it seems that the talent still on board isn't really leaps and bounds below what was taken.

4. We're going to play a Hybrid Defense for at least a year so the needs aren't as cut and dried as everyone is making them out to be. We have to be willing to wait and see how this all fits together.

5. McDaniels was talking all along about getting some offensive players so he has a plan and isn't just throwing darts.

6. Clearly trading next years number one is a win now mentality. I like that, screw rebuilding let's reload. As long as they pick good guys and go out and win I'm not going to get to worried about not reaching for guys who are a need.

1badcj8
04-26-2009, 04:19 AM
Well it does have some interesting points but I still think Xanders-do and Josh McDum@$#% are so far out of there league its not funny.

claymore
04-26-2009, 06:28 AM

Just like the post said, McD stuck to his board. I really freakin like that. I hated the Defensive reaches. You grab the best guy on your board when you can.

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 10:09 AM
I was down with the first 3 picks, but the last two picks yesterday were major headscratchers. Talk about reaching.....he reached for a 4th round safety when William Moore and Rashad Johnson were still on the board.

And the Quinn pick........:doh:........he's a 5th round prospect. In fact, the guy didn't even think he'd get drafted!! We could've kept both 3rd round picks, reached for Quinn AND still grabbed another player :tsk:

claymore
04-26-2009, 10:51 AM
It is an agreement we have come to with the owner.. and frankly the other places do not really allow it either. but he checks and will not allow it..

Well if he is trying to get readers to his site, I refuse to go there because of it.

Im sure ESPN, Proffotballtalk, NFL FOXSPORTS etc.... Have thought this over pretty well and they allow it and I have never seen anyone discourage it. Even with the ESPN insider.

Was just curious.

NightTrainLayne
04-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Well if he is trying to get readers to his site, I refuse to go there because of it.

Im sure ESPN, Proffotballtalk, NFL FOXSPORTS etc.... Have thought this over pretty well and they allow it and I have never seen anyone discourage it. Even with the ESPN insider.

Was just curious.

I'm with you 100%. I refuse to log on there and/or register due to this. They're not any better than anyone else.

SR
04-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Dude. Complaining isn't going to change anything. All we can do is hope that these players are legit...and I'm going to try and believe. :werd:

I wouldn't call it complaining. I'd call it confusion and a failure on our management and coaching staff to pursue and get the players we need to make our defense better.

SR
04-26-2009, 11:15 AM
3. It's a weak draft for 3-4 linemen and it seems that the talent still on board isn't really leaps and bounds below what was taken.

You're out of your mind. Kiper was saying all day how deep of a draft it was for 3-4 lineman, ESPECIALLY 3-4 ends.

Fan in Exile
04-26-2009, 12:15 PM
You're out of your mind. Kiper was saying all day how deep of a draft it was for 3-4 lineman, ESPECIALLY 3-4 ends.

Kiper isn't exactly the best source in the world. If it were that deep why were only two taken in the first two rounds? They're not exactly flying off the shelves. So in the face of reality I'm sticking with it wasn't a great draft for 3-4 DE.

Joel
04-26-2009, 12:33 PM
My take on drafting bears the mark of my youthful reading, which leads me to feel going BAP is good with a miserable record. Most of the best athletes will still be there, because few, if any, teams will have the chance to take them before you. Further, you have so many glaring needs you can immediately use the best available player, whatever his position. And perhaps most significantly, if things go as you hope you won't have as good a chance to take the top choices for a long time: Playoff teams don't draft in the Top Ten much.

If that's not the boat you're in, however, things change. In the middle of the pack, the best available player by the time you get your first pick is probably not a HoFer. If he plays a position where you already have HoFers you don't need him anyway; even if he's a (PROJECTED) phenom you're better off trading the pick away for a proven pro you DO need. You're not starting from scratch, but looking for the few remaining key pieces to take you from mediocre to great. You should draft accordingly.

Saying the front office knows more than we makes sense, but I've said for several years we need a NT while they've said otherwise, and our rank against the run supports me. On the other hand, most seem to feel this a poor NT draft, and missing out on a future star we can use just to get another average DT is unappealing if on a multi-year arc allowing us to pick up the NT we all want in future. I'm tired of waiting, but the fact is I have no more choice than the last three years. Even if we do find a long term starting NT now we need someone to rotate with him at the brutal 3-4 position, so start looking at college game film, guys.... ;)

The real question is where you think we are in the spectrum I described. To be honest, our pre-Draft Day moves indicate to me the front office thinks us closer to the former. That's consistent with at least our first two picks, and all of them if you agree with the referenced article. An argument could be made; we almost made the playoffs, but that's because 8-8 was good enough to win our Division. Think about what it says that we finished second out of four teams like that.

Watchthemiddle
04-26-2009, 12:41 PM
I'v

2. There's no players with stupid injury histories.

That was one of my biggest things on my wishlist this season. NO players injury plagued in college or coming off of injuries from their senior season.

If you look at the guys they have drafted so far, most are 2 and 3 year starters...with the exception of maybe Ayers.

Thats another plus.

Buff
04-26-2009, 12:51 PM

Barrett is not a stud safety--present or future.

But I don't totally disagree with you... I think we might come to regret missing out on Orakpo, and I wish we would have found a way to get Brace. Our secondary did need major help though.

SR
04-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Barrett is not a stud safety--present or future.

But I don't totally disagree with you... I think we might come to regret missing out on Orakpo, and I wish we would have found a way to get Brace. Our secondary did need major help though.

I think the opposite of Barrett, but agree to disagree. I think he's a future stud.

I wouldn't say our secondary needed "major" help. We needed some help. I like the McBath pick. I've watched him a few times while watching TTU games. But, I don't like the other pick and I definitely don't like the TE pick. Giving up OUR first round pick for next year to get that corner was a dumb move. I can live with picking Moreno if he pans out, but I still don't particularly "like" the pick.

SCBronco
04-26-2009, 02:07 PM
So why give up a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB if you are trying to get the best players at each position? These guys drafted may or may not pan out but at least Cutler had somewhat proved himself and is probably only to get better.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I like Barrett too. If nothing else, we have options and flexibility. The analysts commend NE for doing the same thing year after year. They load up in the secondary and come at you w/ a lot of schemes. Why is it so terrible when a NE disciple goes the same route?

underrated29
04-26-2009, 02:22 PM
holy crap.

its morambarintx. Welcome back buddy. Glad you are not dead. Good to see ya.

SR
04-26-2009, 02:26 PM
So why give up a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB if you are trying to get the best players at each position? These guys drafted may or may not pan out but at least Cutler had somewhat proved himself and is probably only to get better.

Cutler may or may not succeed with Chicago. Their offensive line is a bunch of no-names. They don't have receivers. Cutler was able to flourish last year because we had one of, if not, the best offensive line in football, a good blocking scheme, absolute stud receivers (Marshall, Royal, Stokely, Scheff when healthy), and despite our horrible losses at RB we had a decent running game. Personally, I don't care what Cutler does. He's in the NFC. As far as our draft picks go, we still have some picks from years past that I think will do something this year (Crowder, Moss, Larsen).

SR
04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I like Barrett too. If nothing else, we have options and flexibility. The analysts commend NE for doing the same thing year after year. They load up in the secondary and come at you w/ a lot of schemes. Why is it so terrible when a NE disciple goes the same route?

NE drafts players where they need them. They have a lot of home grown talent, whereas we try to pick up the trash in FA over the past few years. It's like Shanny was trying to use fix-a-flat to repair our team. No matter how much fix-a-flat you use, there is still a hole in the tire and the repair is only temporary if it even works.

weazel
04-26-2009, 02:35 PM

thats why I dont even click on the link to go to their site. F 'em, I can get the news elsewhere

BroncoAV06
04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
I was down with the first 3 picks, but the last two picks yesterday were major headscratchers. Talk about reaching.....he reached for a 4th round safety when William Moore and Rashad Johnson were still on the board.

And the Quinn pick........:doh:........he's a 5th round prospect. In fact, the guy didn't even think he'd get drafted!! We could've kept both 3rd round picks, reached for Quinn AND still grabbed another player :tsk:

I really have not heard anyone that down on McBath, that being he was a reach. Not saying its great but just because a draft site might say something does not mean that is a players true value.

Quinn is the true head scratcher.

Bad Intentions
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM

Nice! All I need to know to not go to his site myself. I hope I run into him at camp one day... I'll be asking around who the MHR guy is and see if I can't frame him. I'll tell McD he's a huge Cutler fan... that should do it!

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 04:23 PM
NE drafts players where they need them. They have a lot of home grown talent, whereas we try to pick up the trash in FA over the past few years. It's like Shanny was trying to use fix-a-flat to repair our team. No matter how much fix-a-flat you use, there is still a hole in the tire and the repair is only temporary if it even works.

One of the greatest anaolgies I have heard

Outstanding..

Real teams build their core players VIA the draft and add a FA here or there to plug a hole until the real thing can be drafted..

Our to get the one player to get them over the hump Moss/TO's..

Lonestar
04-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Nice! All I need to know to not go to his site myself. I hope I run into him at camp one day... I'll be asking around who the MHR guy is and see if I can't frame him. I'll tell McD he's a huge Cutler fan... that should do it!

Hey I think it a dumb move myself as more folks would visit IMHO if they saw it here. But not allowing it at all is counter productive IMHO..

There are alot of solid Bronco Fans that will not go there because of it..

But it is his site, his copyrighted material and therefore his option..

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Dude thinks he's Frank Cooney.......get over yourself MHR.......

chazoe60
04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Darcel McBath is my favorite player in our draft. I know the two first rounders will be good, but I think McBath is going to surprise a lot of people.

SR
04-26-2009, 05:27 PM
One of the greatest anaolgies I have heard

Outstanding..

Real teams build their core players VIA the draft and add a FA here or there to plug a hole until the real thing can be drafted..

Our to get the one player to get them over the hump Moss/TO's..

Our last great acquisition was Champ Bailey. We needed a CB and we had a system that would allow ANY running back to flourish, so we traded a marquis RB for the best corner (at the time) in the game. AWESOME trade. Since then we've picked up a bunch of trash (Brown-cos, Travis Henry, Manuel and McCree, Boss Bailey, etc).

If McD was really trying to model NE, he should have done what they did and draft the players where we needed them most, first.

Do we need a running back? No, not really, not near as bad as we needed a clog of a defensive tackle or a stud pass rushing end. Would Hillis, Torain, etc sufficed for this year? Yes. I think Hillis can run for 1100-1300 yards and a dozen TDs over the course of 14-16 games. That many yards in a spread offense is plenty. Moreno was a luxury pick. He was the best RB in the draft and we got him even though we didn't need him.

Did we need a runt CB? No.

Did we need a safety? Eh. Kinda. I do like the McBath pick and the other safety pick we got from ND today.

Did we need a blocking TE? No.

It would have been nice if we would have drafted Maualuga instead of Smith, seeing as how Cinci grabbed Rey right after that pick. In my non-expert opinion, SEVERAL of our picks were mistakes in terms of drafting players where we needed them most.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Umm...we traded for Champ. How was he a FA acquisition?

SR
04-26-2009, 05:44 PM
My mistake. I fat fingered that one. Corrected for accuracy. Obviously I know Champ wasn't a FA.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2009, 05:49 PM
just bustin yer nads

SR
04-26-2009, 05:50 PM
It's been a rough weekend. ;)

Tned
04-26-2009, 05:56 PM
My mistake. I fat fingered that one. Corrected for accuracy. Obviously I know Champ wasn't a FA.

:lol: Almost called you on that :D

SR
04-26-2009, 06:23 PM
:lol: Almost called you on that :D

There is no reason for yelling, T.

TheSportsGuru
04-26-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm with you 100%. I refuse to log on there and/or register due to this. They're not any better than anyone else.

Then the desired result happens. I get the Broncos fans I want, which gets me press credentials to the Draft, which gets me more of the Broncos fans I want.

Guys like you and Claymore stay away. Perfect!

NameUsedBefore
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Ouch.

TheSportsGuru
04-26-2009, 08:34 PM
And for the record, I have only asked not to have FULL ARTICLES copied outside the site. Just like I don;t copy FULL ARTICLES from other sites, or copy posts from here.

I also have stopped posting my own links anywhere. If people want to come, they will come. If not, that's fine too. Links on SI.com/Broncos and Yahoo Sports are ok with me.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people want to call me out for not wanting my stuff copied then I'll defend my actions.

Tned
04-26-2009, 08:36 PM
And for the record, I have only asked not to have FULL ARTICLES copied outside the site. Just like I don;t copy FULL ARTICLES from other sites, or copy posts from here.

I also have stopped posting my own links anywhere. If people want to come, they will come. If not, that's fine too. Links on SI.com/Broncos and Yahoo Sports are ok with me.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people want to call me out for not wanting my stuff copied then I'll defend my actions.

No need to defend yourself. You put a lot of time into developing content for your site.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Then the desired result happens. I get the Broncos fans I want, which gets me press credentials to the Draft, which gets me more of the Broncos fans I want.

I assume this attitude will change once you're big enough to charge membership fees, Claymore's money spends as easy as anybodies.......

Hawgdriver
04-26-2009, 08:52 PM
MHR has good commentary. It's not unusual to prefer other sites don't copy entire articles, but on a user forum like this on the occasional basis, I wouldn't mind if I was MHR. If it was the rule rather than the exception, then I would have a beef.

I might go visit them from time to time for the commentary, but only because I hear about it here. It's nice for MHR to have some folks here that provide free marketing, but the perception of either/or might alienate some and that's understandable.

Anyway, the crowd over there is a leetle too shiny happy for me. On occasion that would be an ok break from this crowd (bunch of scorned divorcees), but I feel like I would have to go permasmile to fit in.

TheSportsGuru
04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm never going to charge membership fees. This isn't about money at all. Im a Broncos fan that enjoys talking about the Broncos.

Those guys are welcome to come to the site, and in my opinion it isn't competition between MHR, BT or any of the boards. It isn't an either/or proposition. I was just responding to their comments.

TheSportsGuru
04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
MHR has good commentary. It's not unusual to prefer other sites don't copy entire articles, but on a user forum like this on the occasional basis, I wouldn't mind if I was MHR. If it was the rule rather than the exception, then I would have a beef.

I might go visit them from time to time for the commentary, but only because I hear about it here. It's nice for MHR to have some folks here that provide free marketing, but the perception of either/or might alienate some and that's understandable.

Anyway, the crowd over there is a leetle too shiny happy for me. On occasion that would be an ok break from this crowd (bunch of scorned divorcees), but I feel like I would have to go permasmile to fit in.

I can understand that perception, but I am not anti-critical of the team, not by a long shot. One listen to my podcast will prove that.

I'm not negative just for the sake of being negative either. I try to give and opinion and back it up with some kind of fact. All opinions are welcome over there, just no personal attacks. Whether I agree or disagree doesn't matter.

I do appreciate the links and commentary here and elsewhere, I really do, and trust me, I am not out scouring the web looking for people copying from MHR. Tned has done what I asked, and by the same token I follow his rules here.

Like anything, if people don't like the rules of a community they won't come, and that is their right and I respect their opinion.

Tned
04-26-2009, 09:02 PM
I would remiss to not point out that MHR was one of the first sites to put a link to this forum on their homepage, which both helps drive fans here and helps us in the google rankings.

It's been a two way street as far as helping each other's sites.

Hawgdriver
04-26-2009, 09:14 PM
That's great guys--you both are a tremendous resource to the community of fans and we're blessed to be able to benefit from your efforts. Keep up the great work! I enjoyed the article, it was the best form of commentary on the draft I've seen.

NightTrainLayne
04-26-2009, 11:36 PM

If you would like for fans like Claymore and I to stay away, then why do you spam ads here every week during the season to get people to come listen to your MHR radio report?

It would seem that you want to appeal to us when it's only convenient and useful to you. I'm not a big fan of one-way streets.

OMorange&blue
04-26-2009, 11:44 PM

Just to be clear:

A teaser sentence or two is ok w a link? Yes/no?

TheSportsGuru
04-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Just to be clear:

A teaser sentence or two is ok w a link? Yes/no?

Yes. That is perfectly fine......

TheSportsGuru
04-27-2009, 04:57 AM
If you would like for fans like Claymore and I to stay away, then why do you spam ads here every week during the season to get people to come listen to your MHR radio report?

It would seem that you want to appeal to us when it's only convenient and useful to you. I'm not a big fan of one-way streets.

It's not a one way street. And I stopped doing that long ago.

But you see, the great about it is, you have decided not to come to the site, and any title of those posts made it clear what that post was about, so....

No need to click on it. My deals are with Tned, and do what he allows me to do, but like I said, I no longer do it...

powderaddict
04-27-2009, 10:24 AM

Why not? Their analysis and writing is better.

SR
04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
This thread sure went to shit.