PDA

View Full Version : For all the Jonathan Stewart fanbois

Jsteve01
04-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Apparently not only is he a walking injury report. Even though he's as big as many of the linebackers he faces, he has obvious deficiencies in the pass protection.

see the below list

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/30/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs/

turftoad
04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Thats crap. It's all relative.

If these weak stats are we go by then Leshon McCoy must suck as a RB also. :tsk:

Northman
04-11-2012, 03:51 PM

If these weak stats are we go by then Leshon McCoy must suck as a RB also. :tsk:

Well, if you ask Coach he would say yes but i think McCoy is very good.

BigDaddyBronco
04-11-2012, 03:53 PM

Or maybe it's that McCoy's 1624 combined yards and 20 TD's outweigh his shitty pass protection.

Jsteve01
04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
:stands in background quietly stirring pot:

underrated29
04-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Well shit knowshon is one if the best in pass pro....I guess that makes him a great rb right?

Jsteve01
04-11-2012, 05:15 PM
hehehe

CoachChaz
04-11-2012, 06:06 PM
When did I say McCoy sucks? He's weak in protection, but when he's a 3 down back that is usually routes and making plays...i give a bit. Stewart will never put up McCoy numbers

Simple Jaded
04-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Clinton Poorti$ excels in pass pro, he's all yours.......

dogfish
04-11-2012, 06:21 PM
yea, and it's not like rookie cam newton would ever hold the ball too long. . .

i bet it's a sheer coincidence that neither NE, NO or GB has a back on the low efficiency list, despite throwing the ball all over the yard. . .

:D

steve, nobody can make you like stewart if you don't want to, but you gotta do better than this. . .

Northman
04-11-2012, 06:52 PM
When did I say McCoy sucks? He's weak in protection, but when he's a 3 down back that is usually routes and making plays...i give a bit. Stewart will never put up McCoy numbers

You didnt come out and say it, i agree there. But you and i had this discussion a while back and you were trying to lead me to believe he wasnt that good to which i whole heartily disagreed.

Jsteve01
04-11-2012, 07:41 PM
yea, and it's not like rookie cam newton would ever hold the ball too long. . .

i bet it's a sheer coincidence that neither NE, NO or GB has a back on the low efficiency list, despite throwing the ball all over the yard. . .

steve, nobody can make you like stewart if you don't want to, but you gotta do better than this. . .

Dog ill tell you a little secret. I wanted the broncos to draft him. I actually love his game but am concerned about giving him big dollars given his injury history.
-

bcbronc
04-11-2012, 08:02 PM
imo a lot of these pro football focus stats are next to useless.

Mannway187
04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Maybe this is the reason we haven't pursued a trade to get him in here. The fact that John Fox drafted and coached him maybe makes that report credible. He may be a good ball carrier but Fox knows that we need a back who can pick up the blitz. The less time Manning spends getting knocked down the better his chances of playing out his new contract.

DenBronx
04-11-2012, 09:35 PM
That list of stats is pure crap.

Still want Stewart.

BroncoStud
04-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Stewart would help this team.

TXBRONC
04-12-2012, 10:37 AM

Dog ill tell you a little secret. I wanted the broncos to draft him. I actually love his game but am concerned about giving him big dollars given his injury history.
-

He's only missed two games in four years.

Jsteve01
04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
He's only missed two games in four years.

Doesn't mean he's not a fixture on the injury report. If he weren't there is no reason with his ability that he doesn't supplant Deangelo Broke down Williams

TXBRONC
04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Doesn't mean he's not a fixture on the injury report. If he weren't there is no reason with his ability that he doesn't supplant Deangelo Broke down Williams

True, but also doesn't mean you're missing games. Running backs are on injury reports constantly because they take such a beating all year long.

turftoad
04-12-2012, 01:00 PM

Broke down? Williams has never had over 300 carries in a season and only carried the ball 242 time in the last two seasons. He's also only 28yrs old and recently signed a huge contract. It's a time share between him and Stewart.
Stewart would be a great addition to our offense.

CoachChaz
04-12-2012, 01:35 PM

You didnt come out and say it, i agree there. But you and i had this discussion a while back and you were trying to lead me to believe he wasnt that good to which i whole heartily disagreed.

I dont recall that at all. He's from my hometown. Been watching him for a long time and even wanted Denver to draft him.

I question his long term durability, so maybe thats what the discussion was about

Jsteve01
04-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Broke down? Williams has never had over 300 carries in a season and only carried the ball 242 time in the last two seasons. He's also only 28yrs old and recently signed a huge contract. It's a time share between him and Stewart.
Stewart would be a great addition to our offense.

I know exactly what it is. Let me be clear. I like Stewart and this thread was essentially to stir the pot which it obviously has done, but I like Chaz question his long term durability. I also wonder why a guy with his physical ability hasn't been able to beat out Williams as the number one and why the Panthers signed Tolbert in the offseason. Ron Rivera is the second coach who either didn't think he was better than Willams or didn't think he was durable enough to get the starting job.

turftoad
04-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I know exactly what it is. Let me be clear. I like Stewart and this thread was essentially to stir the pot which it obviously has done, but I like Chaz question his long term durability. I also wonder why a guy with his physical ability hasn't been able to beat out Williams as the number one and why the Panthers signed Tolbert in the offseason. Ron Rivera is the second coach who either didn't think he was better than Willams or didn't think he was durable enough to get the starting job.
Supposedly, Tolbert was brought in to be a fullback. Also, when Williams has been out with injury, Stewart did more than enough to prove himself.

Canmore
04-14-2012, 02:20 AM

I like Stewart also. From what I have read he has not missed many games playing a position that takes a pounding. Granted he has been teamed with Williams, but he has a career 4.8 yard per carry average and racked up a 5.4 average last season along with 47 receptions. We could do a lot worse. He may well be a draft day deal for someone.