PDA

View Full Version : Broncos turn down HBO Hard Knocks....again.

DenBronx
04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
The circus in Denver is over and stability is here once more.

In Adam Schiens report he said the Broncos "Flat out denied" HBOs Hard Knocks.

Rex wants no part of 'Hard Knocks?'

HBO wants the Jets to be featured once again on 'Hard Knocks' but they have run into an unexpected obstacle: Rex Ryan.

League sources tell FOXSports.com that owner Woody Johnson wants his team back on the HBO hit show and has communicated that to the network. But his outspoken coach is against the project.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-hbo-hard-knocks-woody-johnson-rex-ryan-controversy-041112

BroncoWave
04-11-2012, 12:30 PM
The circus in Denver is over and stability is here once more.

Even when Tebow and McD were in town Denver still turned down Hard Knocks, so this really isn't anything different.

DenBronx
04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
McD had no choice because he was already on the hotseat.

Northman
04-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Good. screw the celebrity BS. Work hard and win a championship. Thats all that matters.

turftoad
04-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Good. We don't need any more distractions.

BroncoWave
04-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Good. screw the celebrity BS. Work hard and win a championship. Thats all that matters.

And when you see they type of franchises who have been on Hard Knocks (Cowboys, Jets, Bengals) it makes it even more clear why that is a bad idea.

ShaneFalco
04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
as a fan wouldnt you guys actually want to see the offseason inside the broncos building? I dont understand how its a circus. I personally think more teams should be required to do this. NFL could broadcast it every offseason.

If the same people who said "this is a circus" said that back when they started to mic players and coaches up, we wouldnt even have Sound FX, Lombardi and his speeches and everything else that is great about the media aspect of the game. Ed Sabol rubs off on every decision like this for me. Sound FX is a great show and program that gives some humanity to the stars we see every sunday. Hard Knocks should not be an HBO program for ratings, NFL Network should take it over and do it for every team while respecting the coaches wishes, so it doesnt become a show that is a circus.

Imagine if the Saints had a hard knocks, they probably wouldnt have Sean Peyton suspended this season and "Bounties" would have be straightened out a long time ago.

Thats just my 2 cents for how important it could and should be in the future of the NFL.

NightTrainLayne
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
I think it would be awesome to watch the Broncos on Hard Knocks. However, as you can see from virtually every reality show ever made, humans react very badly to the revelation of comments previously made behind their backs.

In other words, it has a horrendous effect on team-building.

Simple Jaded
04-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Thank God! Let the media whores get the attention, I'm looking forward to a little peace and quiet.......

BORDERLINE
04-11-2012, 07:36 PM
As much FUN as I think it would be to have us on Hard Knocks I'm glad WE said NO.