PDA

View Full Version : New Offense

NightTerror218
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I am curious what the new offense is going to look like. Are we going to be 50-50 pass and run. Or 75-25 in favor of passing.

Anyone know what formations Manning used in Indy?

I have a feeling that we will be slightly over 50% in passes (66.6-33.3) Fox will still try to keep the running game established and take pressure off Manning from take unnecessary hits. I also think TEs will become huge in our offense. Not only for blocking in the running game but as huge threats with Manning.

Next I think it is possible if Harris comes back onto the field looking like he did before he was injured with the Eagles he could take the RT spot and slide Franklin into LG. Also I would not be surprised to see us draft a OL early instead of a DT since this year is suppose to very strong with DTs. I could see us get Glenn at 25 or Konz in 2nd (best C and rated 2nd round talent).

I think Decker and Thomas are going to explode this year with one of them putting up number to be eligible for pro bowl. I think we need a really quick fast WR who can also punt return and kick return, such as Joe Adams or Streeter.

If we draft a RB early I think that would put more pressure on Lance Ball then Moreno. I think Moreno can be the better 3rd down back. I also think they want to see what Fannin can do, he looked good before injury. If he does then Ball and Johnson could be on practice squad.

I really look forward to this season and what we can do. I think the offense only needs slight tweeks while the defense has some holes we should focus on more in the draft.

DenBronx
04-11-2012, 12:22 PM
It's going to be 68% pass and 32% run with 100% WINNING.

BroncoNut
04-11-2012, 12:37 PM
beat me to it DenBronx. I will go troll somewhere else.

Ziggy
04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Indy rarely utilized a FB. They mostly operated out of one back sets with either 3 WR's and a TE or 2 WR's and 2 TE's. It's critical that the Broncos have a back that can pick up the blitz on 3rd downs, which is why I think that they will either draft a back high or use Knowshon quite a bit on 3rd downs. With the emphasis put on TE's in the offseason I would expect to see a lot of 1 back, 2WR, 2TE sets.

SoCalImport
04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
going out on a limb here. I'm guessing they'll try to keep it close to 50/50 but if the run game is getting shut down they they'll adjust the play calling accordingly else Manning will be yelling at somebody on the sideline.

btw...why do I keep reading that people believe Our boy Franklin will end up playing guard? has anyone in the know ever said anything to this effect?

NightTerror218
04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
going out on a limb here. I'm guessing they'll try to keep it close to 50/50 but if the run game is getting shut down they they'll adjust the play calling accordingly else Manning will be yelling at somebody on the sideline.

btw...why do I keep reading that people believe Our boy Franklin will end up playing guard? has anyone in the know ever said anything to this effect?

I mentioned it because Harris is a RT and was good. Franklin played G in college and RT. He could move inside easily.

Canmore
04-11-2012, 06:08 PM
I would like to see us in the 55% to 58% pass area and being able to run the ball 42% to 45% of the time. Take some pressure off of Manning and keep the pressure on the defense to stop both the run and the pass.

Simple Jaded
04-11-2012, 06:21 PM
The Colts were always 60% or worse in run/pass ratio, hopefully the Broncos try to keep it close to 60%.

I'd like to see Franklin moved to G, especially with Kuper on the mend, but l don't see tha happening for Ryan Harris. He's injury insurance, IMO, and I don't know how much the Broncos are counting on him. I'd say he should beat out Chris Clark for a backup job but I wouldn't bet on it.

Btw, Mario Fannin may be a nice fit in the passing game, good out of the back field and one of the best of the '11 draft in pass pro.......

NightTerror218
04-13-2012, 02:21 PM
will McCoy last as OC long with Manning or will a new one come next season?

McCoy may take off for a HC position if teams seek again.

underrated29
04-13-2012, 02:56 PM

OH GOD I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please!

hotcarl
04-13-2012, 03:52 PM
24% passing
44% running
32% punting

Magnificent Seven
04-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Elway and Fox coach will coach him up to become a great mobile-quarterback! :D

Chef Zambini
04-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Indy rarely utilized a FB. They mostly operated out of one back sets with either 3 WR's and a TE or 2 WR's and 2 TE's. It's critical that the Broncos have a back that can pick up the blitz on 3rd downs, which is why I think that they will either draft a back high or use Knowshon quite a bit on 3rd downs. With the emphasis put on TE's in the offseason I would expect to see a lot of 1 back, 2WR, 2TE sets.
based on the talent of our TE, and the fact that manning often operated out of a 2 TE set, I can see our broncos sticking with the single back and one of our TEs morphing into that FB position as both blocker and ball carrier / receiver.
Much like the patriots used their big TE s.

Simple Jaded
04-14-2012, 08:46 AM

Apparently during his recruiting visit Manning looked to both Del Rio and McCoy and asked about their intentions beyond 2012. Fwiw, Del Rio said he's in it for the long haul, that he's sick of the politics of being a HC and wants to get back to teaching. McCoy basically said he'd only take an HC job if it was the right job.

So it's a fair question. I don't think Denver has an in-house replacement.......

HORSEPOWER 56
04-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Apparently during his recruiting visit Manning looked to both Del Rio and McCoy and asked about their intentions beyond 2012. Fwiw, Del Rio said he's in it for the long haul, that he's sick of the politics of being a HC and wants to get back to teaching. McCoy basically said he'd only take an HC job if it was the right job.

So it's a fair question. I don't think Denver has an in-house replacement.......

Sure they do, Peyton when he retires... ;)

elsid13
04-14-2012, 09:00 AM
We are going to run the ball more then folks think, but it Manning will get a lot of yards off the play action.

Jsteve01
04-14-2012, 09:05 AM

I guarandamtee you that peyton has bigger aspirations than oc

He sees what john is doing and wants that type of job.

Softskull
04-14-2012, 09:13 AM
We are going to run the ball more then folks think, but it Manning will get a lot of yards off the play action.

This is what I'm hoping for. It will help keep Manning on his shakey old legs for the entire season.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-14-2012, 09:27 AM
I have a feeling that we'll be a pretty generic/bread and butter offense most of the time with an even mix of run and pass. Fox knows how important clock control is, even if your offense is scoring points, a rested defense plays better.

The big difference will be the addition and execution of the hurry-up offense which we can use more often (not just when we absolutely have to). We can jump on an opponents defense and try to gas them early on at home with the hurry up once Manning gets it down with the rest of the offense. That's the biggest difference I think. I'd guess that we won't limit passing to only 3rd and long, either. I ain't saying we're going to throw the ball on 1st down... we just won't wait until 3rd and 10 to try it I'm guessing... :D

Simple Jaded
04-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Ya never know but if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. He'd probably be the rare great one that would also make a great teacher, I bet, but then there'd be a host of teams recruiting him again, another Manning Decision, more cloak and dagger spy shit.......yet another Dolphin rejection.......

Chef Zambini
04-14-2012, 11:24 AM
M anning will run what he wants when he wants.
He is smarter than any of us and most of the coaches in the NFL as well.
' He recognizes the value of the run, and understands ball controll and clock management.
He might be the best QB of all time!
johnny unitas in john elways bodyKind of QB talent!
Nobody needs to tell him shit about the subtle nuances of how an offense works.
Just stay out of the masters way !

broncobryce
04-14-2012, 11:27 AM
I see Manning wanting to pass most the time. Hope Mcgahee had a good time at the pro bowl. He won't get there again.

Chef Zambini
04-14-2012, 11:28 AM
very few human beings enter a roomof colleagues recognized as not only the smartest guy in the room but also the most talented.
PM is one of those guys.
I would like to see him at a chess board opposite belichek
or at a QB challenge, likie thgey used to have in the off-season.

Chef Zambini
04-14-2012, 11:29 AM
I see Manning wanting to pass most the time. Hope Mcgahee had a good time at the pro bowl. He won't get there again.I am sure that Mcgehee would be consoled with a SB ring instead.

Nomad
04-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Pretty much what Zam said......it's whatever Mannings decides. McCoy and Fox are so inferior right now.:lol:

Ravage!!!
04-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I see Manning wanting to pass most the time. Hope Mcgahee had a good time at the pro bowl. He won't get there again.

He wouldn't get there again, anyway. He had his best year. Any RB would rather play on a team with Manning as the QB than not. It will help him as well.

BroncoNut
04-23-2012, 11:52 AM
who is better in your opinion Zam, Tom or Peyton?