PDA

View Full Version : John Madden on Broncos' Problems

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2007, 03:34 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=79443

Madden says no easy fix to Broncos problems

DENVER - NBC broadcaster John Madden told YOUR SHOW on Sunday that the Denver Broncos' problems this season could not be easily fixed.

"If it were an easy answer," he said in response to a viewer's question, "it'd be an easy solution and (Coach) Mike Shanahan would do it."

Madden said problems in all phases of the game have plagued the Broncos, but stressed the injuries to offensive linemen Ben Hamilton and Tom Nalen took the "heart and soul" out of the team's offense. The former Oakland Raiders coach did compliment quarterback Jay Cutler as a great foundation for the team to build upon.

"I really like Jay Cutler. I liked him from the beginning," he said. "Just watching him in practice, he's big, he's strong, he has a strong arm. I think they need some things around him."

Requiem / The Dagda
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
I think John Madden sees Cutler as the next Brett Favre. :D All this injuries are really frustrating. Just when we thought we had our duo for the next five years in Walker and Marshall, Walker has his fourth knee surgery since his knee tear in 2005. Whether or not he's the long-term answer anymore is up in the air. Love the guy, is by far my favorite player in the NFL and has been since he jetted from Florida State - but at 29 years old and coming off his fourth knee surgery, I just question his ability to be a long-term, healthy option for the team.

I hope it gets better, and I hope everyone returns clean from injury.

Sorry for straying a little O/T - just thought I'd hash in on the injuries that Madden alluded to a little more.

Thanks for the article.

lex
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=79443

Madden says no easy fix to Broncos problems

DENVER - NBC broadcaster John Madden told YOUR SHOW on Sunday that the Denver Broncos' problems this season could not be easily fixed.

"If it were an easy answer," he said in response to a viewer's question, "it'd be an easy solution and (Coach) Mike Shanahan would do it."

Madden said problems in all phases of the game have plagued the Broncos, but stressed the injuries to offensive linemen Ben Hamilton and Tom Nalen took the "heart and soul" out of the team's offense. The former Oakland Raiders coach did compliment quarterback Jay Cutler as a great foundation for the team to build upon.

"I really like Jay Cutler. I liked him from the beginning," he said. "Just watching him in practice, he's big, he's strong, he has a strong arm. I think they need some things around him."

Yeah, like Darren McFadden.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2007, 03:48 PM
I think John Madden sees Cutler as the next Brett Favre. :D All this injuries are really frustrating. Just when we thought we had our duo for the next five years in Walker and Marshall, Walker has his fourth knee surgery since his knee tear in 2005. Whether or not he's the long-term answer anymore is up in the air. Love the guy, is by far my favorite player in the NFL and has been since he jetted from Florida State - but at 29 years old and coming off his fourth knee surgery, I just question his ability to be a long-term, healthy option for the team.

Sorry for straying a little O/T - just thought I'd hash in on the injuries that Madden alluded to a little more.

Thanks for the article.

Great points Dream

sneakers
10-22-2007, 06:48 AM

Thanks for the article.

Madden loves Favre....last week you could see little hearts rotating around his head whenever he spoke of favre.