PDA

View Full Version : Boise State's Doug Martin worth a Broncos look in first round of NFL draft

Denver Native (Carol)
04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Today's question about the Broncos comes from Mac Miller in Boise, Idaho.

Q: Do you think running back Doug Martin of Boise State will be available in the second round of the April 26-28 draft when the Broncos are on the clock?

A: NFL teams like Boise State players. Year in and year out, they are considered by NFL personnel people to be among the most disciplined players on the draft board in terms of assignment football. They come to training camps knowing the importance of doing the little things right and doing exactly what they're coached to do.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20366763/boise-state-tailback-doug-martin-worth-look-from

threefolddead
04-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Adam Shine and Rich Gannon interviewed him on Sirius radio today and badgered the heck out of him about the Broncos and his meetings. He didn't say anything revealing though. Both those guys think the Broncos are going to take a real good look at him (although I have little respect for Shine). I'd rather us shore up the inside of the D but we will see.

Shazam!
04-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Today's question about the Broncos comes from Mac Miller in Boise, Idaho.

Q: Do you think running back Doug Martin of Boise State will be available in the second round of the April 26-28 draft when the Broncos are on the clock?

A: NFL teams like Boise State players. Year in and year out, they are considered by NFL personnel people to be among the most disciplined players on the draft board in terms of assignment football. They come to training camps knowing the importance of doing the little things right and doing exactly what they're coached to do.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20366763/boise-state-tailback-doug-martin-worth-look-from

NFL teams like Boise State players because they're BRONCOS.

bcbronc
04-11-2012, 03:03 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us take him at #25, and could live with it if it happened.

SoCalImport
04-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Although a very different player It does throw up warning bells that he's perceived in draft Value very comparable what to Knowshon was. Actually, buy and large Knowshon was ranked higher coming out. that could just be that there are far better player spread over the first two rounds this year than in 2009.
basically I'm saying that Martin at 25 would be a reach and although I'd love to see us drafting him I wouldn't want EFX to reach to do it.
Due your due diligence...trade down if you want him and think you can have him later.
AND for gods sake...draft a DT early as well!

Chef Zambini
04-11-2012, 09:51 AM
i also like kellen moore in the 4th if we are going to take a QB in the draft!

Jsteve01
04-11-2012, 10:21 AM
If we're taking short qbs I'd much rather draft Wilson. Actually had a better comp pct last year than even RGIII and has all the tools beyond being short.

NightTerror218
04-11-2012, 11:56 AM
I really think he is going to be a Bronco unless someone else takes him real early. But normally RBs fall in the draft because you can serviceable ones later in the draft. I think Trent drops to 10-15, Miller will be early mid 2nd round, Martin will be mid-later 2nd and Wilson will be end of 2nd beginning of 3rd. Those will be the first 4 off the board followed by James in the 3rd IMO.