PDA

View Full Version : Need a new attitude!!!

jletourneau
10-21-2007, 02:41 PM
During this past offseason, my biggest concern for this year was the defense. However, not the usual concern because of the new scheme, but mostly because the loss of two players who set the tone for "attitude"

In this last year, the Broncos lost their two "spiritual" or "emotional" leaders, one tragically, in the passing of DW. But Al Wilson and Darrent really set the tone for the spirit or the attitude of the defense, and even the team. Losing those two players really subracted the identity and fire of the team. It didn't matter to me if Dre Bly or DJ came in and played with more talent, or not, the emotional lift that Wilson and Williams always brought to the team was huge, too big to overcome in a season.

We still have some good leaders on this team, and defense, namely John Lynch. But this team really needs a new attitude, or identity if you will. If we don't have the guys ready to bring that new attitude, perhaps it could be found by the team rallying around a fixture of the past, the color orange.

Orange once represented the attitude of the defense, "the Orange Crush," and therefore set the attitude and identity of the entire team. Not to say team colors make that big a difference, but if the players buy into an identity to fight for, it could become a rallying point, and especially for the ineffective crowd noise at Mile High, another place that has lost its attitude.

About 10 years ago, the Broncos switched to the blue dominant uniforms just as they made the leap to a new level and a new era for the organization. I propose we the fans, and hopefully the players and the organization make a move to the past to find a new attitude for this new era in Broncos football. The players and fans need a new attitude to believe in, maybe the orange can help usher that new attitude in. :defense:

Keep Believin Broncos!!! Find SOMETHING to fight for TOGETHER!

Requiem / The Dagda
10-21-2007, 02:43 PM
That's a great post J, it's nice to see you around. You still studying some prospects as always I assume? :) Welcome to the boards.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Great points jletourneau - I will never forget the way Metro Denver, and really the whole state of Colorado was in 1977 - ORANGE houses, ORANGE toilet seats, people painting their cars/trucks/vans ORANGE, companies painting their cement trucks ORANGE. It was absolutely GREAT.

I agree - we DEFINITELY need something.

jletourneau
10-21-2007, 02:53 PM
That's a great post J, it's nice to see you around. You still studying some prospects as always I assume? :) Welcome to the boards.
Hey Dream, unfortunately, haven't been able to keep as close of tabs on prospects, but always watching to an extent. Still keeping up just as close with the NFL, but not as much with college lately. Traveling more for work and things have been pretty busy as we prepare to move overseas.

Good to see you around here though. I lurk occasionally on the boards, just found out that most everyone had moved over here though. Hope you're doing great, see you around every now and then. This board seems to have a lot of the previous regulars from BM.

And though I'm not as up on prospects right now as before, I'll pick up closer to the draft, although we'll be moving just a few weeks before the draft. But I'll enjoy your updates and research on the subject in the meantime.

jletourneau
10-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Great points jletourneau - I will never forget the way Metro Denver, and really the whole state of Colorado was in 1977 - ORANGE houses, ORANGE toilet seats, people painting their cars/trucks/vans ORANGE, companies painting their cement trucks ORANGE. It was absolutely GREAT.

I agree - we DEFINITELY need something.

Thanks Carol, great boards by the way!