PDA

View Full Version : Lammey predicting...

SmilinAssasSin27
04-10-2012, 06:06 PM
ROUND 1-RB
ROUND 2-DT

...unless Kirkpatrick is ther at 25, then al bets are off.

Apparently EFX believes there is depth at DT and plenty of talent to be had in round2.

From his tweets which I don't know how to copy/post...I'm a computer hack.

hotcarl
04-10-2012, 07:10 PM
you just copyposted your way into my heart, hacker

DenBronx
04-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Depends on who falls or who isnt there. Remember some good DTs fell into the 2nd round and we selected Moore and Irving instead? If LaMar Miller or Michael Floyd falls to 25 do you really think the Broncos wouldnt pull the trigger? I know we need a solid young DT but the Broncos also want an explosive offense. Look for them to take a play maker if one is available at 25 or yes maybe Dre Kirkpatrick.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Here is my poor attempt to copy/past the tweets.

@JeffRoemer @SigmundBloom agreed, but I've heard they see value DTs in 2nd rd that interest them, + they want upgrade at RB bad

9 Apr Cecil Lammey‏@cecillammey
@tawheed88 it sounds like they prefer Miller over Martin or Wilson, bigger gamebreaker than Martin, more instinctive than Wilson

9 Apr Cecil Lammey‏@cecillammey
@Skirson88 I think Kirkpatrick is the exception to RB/DT move in 1st, if he's there he's the pick

Cecil Lammey‏@cecillammeyReply
Retweet

@jamesmcd1 sounds like they're not going to trade up for anyone, they'd have to take him in 1st, seem to prefer Miller

DenBronx
04-10-2012, 07:38 PM
There are several teams that I could see taking Kirkpatrick before he even gets to us. I doubt he falls to 25 but you never know.

Bailey, Harris, Porter and Kirkpatrick. That would solidify our DB situation.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't get that he expects Kirk to be there...only that he is the pick if he does drop to us.

It'll be interesting here if we grab a RB in round 1. I'm not necessarily against it if we address all positions of need. Many here want a RB in round 2 and a DT in round 1. If they switch it, I don't care. Doug Martin will NOT last to pick 57 and nobody here can agree on a DT anyways. We NEED a RB almost as much as a DT since Knowshon can't stay on the field and McGahee is a fumble machine who also gets banged up a lot. There are DTs to be had in round 2.

Simple Jaded
04-10-2012, 11:02 PM
I just don't think Richardson, Martin and Wilson all get passed TB, Cle, Cin, Det and Rams, and maybe even Jets, Steelers and Packers, before Denver picks in the 2nd round. A 2nd round pick for Stewart has only one drawback; having to extend him the same year they'll have to extend Clady.......

dogfish
04-10-2012, 11:19 PM
miller or kirkpatrick?

nope. . . gimme martin or gillmore, or a big ugly lineman. . .

Simple Jaded
04-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Miller reminds me of Poorti$ but whispers are he could drop because of the fact that he's only started one season and concerns that he'll struggle with complicated playbook. Though the first reason is actually a positive imo, mileage on a RB is a major factor.......

bcbronc
04-11-2012, 02:58 AM
I can't argue with the general philosophy, if this report is accurate. In no particular order I put our biggest needs as DT, DB, RB and this gameplan would address those needs. I don't really like taking a RB in RD1 unless they have an elite size/speed combination and I'm not sure that guy will be around at #25, but I do agree RB is a huge need. Moreno and Willis are both fragile and Willis is over the hill in RB years.

If EFX feel the value shakes out best getting a RB in RD1 and addressing DT and CB in rounds 2 + 3 I won't throw anything. DT has to be one of our first two picks though, no ifs ands or butts.

dogfish
04-11-2012, 05:02 AM
I can't argue with the general philosophy, if this report is accurate. In no particular order I put our biggest needs as DT, DB, RB and this gameplan would address those needs. I don't really like taking a RB in RD1 unless they have an elite size/speed combination and I'm not sure that guy will be around at #25, but I do agree RB is a huge need. Moreno and Willis are both fragile and Willis is over the hill in RB years.

If EFX feel the value shakes out best getting a RB in RD1 and addressing DT and CB in rounds 2 + 3 I won't throw anything. DT has to be one of our first two picks though, no ifs ands or butts.

forget first round. . . without looking it up, the sweet spot for drafting backs has been from right around our 25 to about 60. . . we're talking steven jackson, maurice jones-drew, matt forte, ray rice, jamaal charles, lesean mccoy, chris johnson. . . yea. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
04-11-2012, 08:03 AM
I just don't think Richardson, Martin and Wilson all get passed TB, Cle, Cin, Det and Rams, and maybe even Jets, Steelers and Packers, before Denver picks in the 2nd round. A 2nd round pick for Stewart has only one drawback; having to extend him the same year they'll have to extend Clady.......

The Broncos are definitely in the market for a RB and as we know, they've inquired about both Stewart and Matt Forte. I've got to believe that if it was as simple as handing over our second or third rounder for Stewart or Forte then the deal would've already been done. Martin, Miller, and Wilson are all good prospects, but none compares with Stewart and if we're contemplating taking one with our second rounder and Stewart is there for our 2nd (or 3rd as originally reported) then I can't believe we wouldn't pull the trigger on the trade. Personally, I think the Panthers are holding out and asking way more than Stewart is worth hoping someone will crack either before, during, or after the draft and give them what they really want. I'd be willing to bet the Panthers are asking for a 1st or 2 2nds right now. Eventually, a 3rd and 4th may get it done, but I doubt Carolina will trade him before they feel they have to.

skins_fan82
04-11-2012, 08:18 AM
sure would be nice to have a young, dependable guy to run the ball and block for Peyton...

Jsteve01
04-11-2012, 09:01 AM
The Broncos are definitely in the market for a RB and as we know, they've inquired about both Stewart and Matt Forte. I've got to believe that if it was as simple as handing over our second or third rounder for Stewart or Forte then the deal would've already been done. Martin, Miller, and Wilson are all good prospects, but none compares with Stewart and if we're contemplating taking one with our second rounder and Stewart is there for our 2nd (or 3rd as originally reported) then I can't believe we wouldn't pull the trigger on the trade. Personally, I think the Panthers are holding out and asking way more than Stewart is worth hoping someone will crack either before, during, or after the draft and give them what they really want. I'd be willing to bet the Panthers are asking for a 1st or 2 2nds right now. Eventually, a 3rd and 4th may get it done, but I doubt Carolina will trade him before they feel they have to.

I have to disagree with your assessment that Wilson, Miller and martin aren't any better than Stewart. At this point Stewart is a big injury prone back. He's not proven to be much more and has never been able to wrestle the starting job from Deangelo Williams who's also injury prone.

I've said it over and over again. People get obsessed with measurables and "big play ability" far too often in player evaluation. Rumor has it that the Broncos like Miller over Martin for just that reason. I'll take the 225 lb bowling ball who punishes defenders every time. Martin is also far more polished as a blocker.

BigDaddyBronco
04-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Martin is the safer pick, Miller probably has more upside. Like others have said, I doubt either will be available where we pick in the 2nd round. If they want either of these guys, I hope they trade back into the top of the 2nd round and get some more picks. Personally, I would like 3 2nd rounders this year over a 1st and a 2nd. There are a lot of decent DT's and RB's that will be availalbe in the top half of the 2nd round.

Jsteve01
04-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Im with you BDB and the other beautiful thing is that moving back 8 picks takes you out of the guaranteed contracts range and gives you the potential for a similar quality player. Im all for trading into the top half of the 2nd

SmilinAssasSin27
04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I tweeted him about Irving and he says that he'll get his chance and that round 1 pick will be dt or rb...not lb.

Superchop 7
04-13-2012, 04:49 PM
I believe that you take first round talent in the first round, no running backs for me, there is only one first round caliber back in this draft and he will be long gone.