PDA

View Full Version : #37 Alphonso Smith

Zweems56
04-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Traded our first next year for the 37th pick, (fifth in the 2nd round) and drafted Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake forest

ikillz0mbies
04-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Is that all? There is no way in hell that's fair trade value.

honz
04-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Championship!!!

Dirk
04-25-2009, 06:57 PM
This made me sick....I thought for sure they were going to grab Rey....:tsk:

Peerless
04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
What a ******* JOKE.

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 06:59 PM
This made me sick....I thought for sure they were going to grab Rey....:tsk:

I'm so glad we didn't grab Rey Maualuga.

Zweems56
04-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Is that all? There is no way in hell that's fair trade value.

Only 5 picks out of the first round. Thats what ESPN reported. Maybe it will have been the 32nd pick of the draft next year? =p

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 07:00 PM
What a ******* JOKE.

unbelievable... we gave up a probably top 10 draft choice to move up 10 spots in the second for a corner.... an obvious need over the NT /dt...... unbelievable.

Dirk
04-25-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm so glad we didn't grab Rey Maualuga.

I would have taken Rey over Alphonso with that trade....of course I wouldn't have given up a first next year for either....:tsk:

But I was floored with the Alphonso pick...:confused:

Hobe
04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
:eviltongue:

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Alphonso Smith is a good player, I just think we probably gave up too much to grab him. I'm not too upset with the pick, but I hope we grab Sintim at 48

DenBronx
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
cutler for alphonso smith and ayers.

brilliant. :tsk:

this is a dumb draft with the exception of moreno.

i would have picked orakpo, moreno then traded for rey.

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 07:19 PM

Rey Maualuga sucks. I was right about him all along. That's why he wasn't drafted in the 1st round. He's strictly a 2-down linebacker and that's all. McDaniels wants versatility, so I think he targets Sintim or Barwin at 48.

Alphonso Smith isn't a bad player, he compares to Antoine Winfield...

ikillz0mbies
04-25-2009, 07:20 PM
What do you think of Jarron Gilbert at 48?

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 07:22 PM
What do you think of Jarron Gilbert at 48?

He looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane IMO.

No that's a little harsh, he's a good player but I would grab Clint Sintim instead of Gilbert...he gives us a rush presence and I read somewhere that Ayers is expected to bulk up to 290+ to play DE in a 3-4.

claymore
04-25-2009, 07:25 PM
This reminds me allot of the Eddie Royal pick.

BigDaddyBronco
04-25-2009, 07:26 PM

Cutler and a 5th for Orton, Ayers, Alphonso Smith and whoever we take in the 3rd.

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 07:26 PM

I agree. I think Alphonso Smith is going to turn heads...

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Broncos traded a 2010 first-round pick to Seattle to move up and draft Wake Forest CB Alphonso Smith with the No. 37 overall pick in the draft.

Seattle got a steal. It's unclear if this is Chicago's (via the Jay Cutler deal) or Denver's first-round pick and the Broncos needed corner help, but moves like this are pretty rare. Smith has the best ball skills in the draft, but is only 5'9, runs in the 4.5s, and may not develop into more than a slot corner. The Broncos clearly thought he was first-round worthy.

Have at it.

claymore
04-25-2009, 07:40 PM
I agree. I think Alphonso Smith is going to turn heads...

People forget they hated the Royal deal until we played the raiders. :D

xzn
04-25-2009, 07:52 PM
If Ayers and Smith start for us and Orton also that's three starters for Cutler, plus whatever we do with the third.

If they are both only in on Nickle packages it looks like a bad deal.

If Ayers can bulk up and handle 5 technique on 1st and 2nd down and slide down to 3 technique on a four man rush on third down and Alphonso Smith beats out Andre Goodman it looks like a good trade.

We'll have to see.

People should go read the sxouting reports on Smith. He is a very skilled football player and would have been the first CB taken if he was two inches taller.

skycoyote
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
He's too small, can't play with physical receivers or bump and run.

McKeough
04-25-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't want to keep blasting people with my opinion and observations of Smith, but I have watched him for a couple years, and please guys, just don't hold your breath.

xzn
04-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Overall Football Traits

Production 1

Wake Forest red-shirted Smith in 2004. He started all 11 games of the 2005 season finishing with 59 total tackles, 52 unassisted tackles, eight tackles-for-loss, two sacks, three interceptions including one he returned for a touchdown, nine pass breakups, one forced fumble and two blocked kicks. Smith also returned one kickoff for a total of 15 yards and two punts for a total of 40 yards. He started three of the 14 games he appeared in during the 2006 season finishing with 48 total tackles, 37 unassisted tackles, 8.5 tackles-for-loss, four sacks, three interceptions, eight pass breakups, one forced fumble and one blocked kick. Smith also returned five kickoffs for a total of 115 yards and one punt 34 yards for a touchdown. He started all 13 games of the 2007 season finishing with 44 total tackles, 36 unassisted tackles, 4.5 tackles-for-loss, three sacks, eight interceptions including three he returned for touchdowns, ten pass breakups, four forced fumbles and one blocked kick. Smith also returned six kickoffs for a total of 112 yards. During his senior campaign in 2008 he started all 13 games and recorded 37 total tackles, 28 unassisted tackles, 2.5 tackles-for-loss, seven interceptions, 13 pass breakups and two forced fumbles. He also added 108 yards on 21 punt returns averaging 5.1 yards per return. Earned first team All-ACC honors during both the 2007 and 2008 season.

Height-Weight-Speed 4

Smith's height is below-average and his weight is adequate for his smaller frame. He does, however, possess excellent top-end speed.

Durability 2

Lacks ideal size but durability is not much of a concern, as he did not miss playing time due to injury throughout career.

Character 3

Ejected in the second quarter of the 2006 Clemson game for allegedly throwing a punch.

Defensive Corner specific Traits

Recognition Skills/Toughness 2

Reads key and locates the ball quickly. Recognizes bubble screens. Flashes a mean streak and times hits well when in coverage but appears soft at other times. (See third quarter touchdown run in 2007 Maryland game) Doesn't get great hand placement, shows average at best upper body strength and doesn't do a great job of rerouting receivers.

Closing Burst 3

Shows a notch below elite closing burst when coming forward out of backpedal and closes quickly in the short area. Also can get to the quarterback when asked to blitz off the edge. However, he lacks second-gear to make up ground in deep coverage.

Fluidity 2

Fluid hips smoothly and shows very good footwork. Is quicker than fast. Displays fine change-of-direction skills and is able to keep with WR double moves.

Ball Skills 1

Times jumps fairly well and shows above-average leaping ability. Appears to take eye off the ball at times and can drop passes that should catch. Finished as ACC's career interceptions leader (21).

Run Support 4

Adequate drag-down tackler but doesn't always break down into a sound tackling position and can get run over. Inconsistent in this area.
Trait Scale

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

For what it's worth. While he's no Champ Bailey I have to think the new regime feels like he'll compete to start, or at least be the nickle or they wouldn't have traded up for him.

Denver27og
04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
wtf.... maybe could of made a move for boldin or even edwards for our first next year.... or some kind of impact player... WOW!!!

threefolddead
04-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Yesterday they interviewed this guy on Sirius after he was picked and apparently him and Nolan really clicked. He thought they were going to draft him 18 but I guess this kid really gets what Nolan wants to do and he knew he was going to be a Bronco before yesterday. Whatever Nolan saw in him he must have loved it. Alphonso was real confident he was going to be a Bronco though. We shall see.

silkamilkamonico
04-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Considering we gave up our first round pick, which could very likely be a pick where we could have got an exceptional player next year, are the expectations for this guy coming in and being something special sky high?

I'm saying yes. And not for his sake, but for McDaniel's' sake.

Ravage!!!
04-26-2009, 06:51 PM
He better be good. Because he will ALWAYS be judged as a first round pick... and likely a top 10 first round pick. He wasn't graded well enough by the 36 picks bfore to take him... and yet we feel he is worthy of our top pick in the next years draft. Thats how he'll always be judged...s o for his sake, I hope he's good.

That worries me since no one else was seeing this kid as THAT kind of talent.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Yesterday they interviewed this guy on Sirius after he was picked and apparently him and Nolan really clicked. He thought they were going to draft him 18 but I guess this kid really gets what Nolan wants to do and he knew he was going to be a Bronco before yesterday. Whatever Nolan saw in him he must have loved it. Alphonso was real confident he was going to be a Bronco though. We shall see.

.......the eHarmony draft stategy.......

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 07:03 PM

Teams wouldn't use a Top10 pick on Eddie Royal either.......

Italianmobstr7
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM

I'll take Nolan at his word. He's drafted a few good players over there in San Fran. P. Willis, Manny Lawson, Parys Haralson, DaShon Goldson, Shawntae Spencer. I like the Smith pick. I think he'll be starting for us by the end of the year, if not right at the beginning.

Simple Jaded
04-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Overall Football Traits

Production 1

Wake Forest red-shirted Smith in 2004. He started all 11 games of the 2005 season finishing with 59 total tackles, 52 unassisted tackles, eight tackles-for-loss, two sacks, three interceptions including one he returned for a touchdown, nine pass breakups, one forced fumble and two blocked kicks. Smith also returned one kickoff for a total of 15 yards and two punts for a total of 40 yards. He started three of the 14 games he appeared in during the 2006 season finishing with 48 total tackles, 37 unassisted tackles, 8.5 tackles-for-loss, four sacks, three interceptions, eight pass breakups, one forced fumble and one blocked kick. Smith also returned five kickoffs for a total of 115 yards and one punt 34 yards for a touchdown. He started all 13 games of the 2007 season finishing with 44 total tackles, 36 unassisted tackles, 4.5 tackles-for-loss, three sacks, eight interceptions including three he returned for touchdowns, ten pass breakups, four forced fumbles and one blocked kick. Smith also returned six kickoffs for a total of 112 yards. During his senior campaign in 2008 he started all 13 games and recorded 37 total tackles, 28 unassisted tackles, 2.5 tackles-for-loss, seven interceptions, 13 pass breakups and two forced fumbles. He also added 108 yards on 21 punt returns averaging 5.1 yards per return. Earned first team All-ACC honors during both the 2007 and 2008 season.

Height-Weight-Speed 4

Smith's height is below-average and his weight is adequate for his smaller frame. He does, however, possess excellent top-end speed.

Durability 2

Lacks ideal size but durability is not much of a concern, as he did not miss playing time due to injury throughout career.

Character 3

Ejected in the second quarter of the 2006 Clemson game for allegedly throwing a punch.

Defensive Corner specific Traits

Recognition Skills/Toughness 2

Reads key and locates the ball quickly. Recognizes bubble screens. Flashes a mean streak and times hits well when in coverage but appears soft at other times. (See third quarter touchdown run in 2007 Maryland game) Doesn't get great hand placement, shows average at best upper body strength and doesn't do a great job of rerouting receivers.

Closing Burst 3

Shows a notch below elite closing burst when coming forward out of backpedal and closes quickly in the short area. Also can get to the quarterback when asked to blitz off the edge. However, he lacks second-gear to make up ground in deep coverage.

Fluidity 2

Fluid hips smoothly and shows very good footwork. Is quicker than fast. Displays fine change-of-direction skills and is able to keep with WR double moves.

Ball Skills 1

Times jumps fairly well and shows above-average leaping ability. Appears to take eye off the ball at times and can drop passes that should catch. Finished as ACC's career interceptions leader (21).

Run Support 4

Adequate drag-down tackler but doesn't always break down into a sound tackling position and can get run over. Inconsistent in this area.
Trait Scale

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

For what it's worth. While he's no Champ Bailey I have to think the new regime feels like he'll compete to start, or at least be the nickle or they wouldn't have traded up for him.

They didn't trade up for Smith, they traded down for him.......way down.......

broncofaninfla
04-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Even though I would have preferred an impact player on the DL I have to admit I LOVE Smith. This kid could start opening day and is a flat out player, very instinctive and will get the pick. Good addition to the team.

Tempus Fugit
04-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Bill Belichick just had an interview on WEEI. He said that Butler, Davis and Smith were widely considered the 3 best CBs in the draft.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 04:39 PM
I'll take Nolan at his word. He's drafted a few good players over there in San Fran. P. Willis, Manny Lawson, Parys Haralson, DaShon Goldson, Shawntae Spencer. I like the Smith pick. I think he'll be starting for us by the end of the year, if not right at the beginning.

at DT??? :salute: :D

Nomad
04-27-2009, 04:40 PM
As long as the guy wrap ups and tackle and not just chest bump with the ball carrier/receiver, I'll really like the guy. Not a bad broad jump either so I'm sure he'll go up and fight for the ball!!

topscribe
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
People forget they hated the Royal deal until we played the raiders. :D

Are you kidding? I found the drafting of Fast Eddie dangerous!

I slipped and fell on my own drool . . .

-----

topscribe
04-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Teams wouldn't use a Top10 pick on Eddie Royal either.......

Betcha they would now . . . :nod:

-----

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Betcha they would now . . . :nod:

-----

I bet not. Royal is a good #2, but would never be a #1... I LOVE Royal, but he's not a top PLAYER selection.... even though he had an outstanding rookie season.

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 04:58 PM
"If this kid was two inches taller, he'd be a top-10 selection"

-Mike Mayock referring to Alphonso Smith

Reminds me a lot of Wesley Woodyard...a guy who was amazing in college yet lacks the physical traits to be highly regarded. Who's laughing now :lol:

Alphonso Smith is the best cornerback in this draft. Book it.

He's 5'9, 192 lbs. and plays the run pretty well...did I mention he's a ballhawk? He's one of 9 players in college football HISTORY to record over 20 Interceptions in a college career EVER.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Mayock also said that he's small and slow.. and couldn't believe denver would use a first round pick to move up to select the guy. Funny how you chose to ignore those quotes of Mayock :laugh:

Also... Woodyard hasn't made the starting squad for our team

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Mayock also said that he's small and slow.. and couldn't believe denver would use a first round pick to move up to select the guy. Funny how you chose to ignore those quotes of Mayock :laugh:

Also... Woodyard hasn't made the starting squad for our team

Alphonso Smith ran a 4.51 at the combine.

The fastest time clocked in for a cornerback at the draft was 4.46 which was by Darius Butler. Did Darius Butler have 21 Interceptions throughout his entire college career? No...

And there's no denying how great of a player Woodyard is Rav...It's not his fault that he is lighter than an average linebacker. Him and Alphonso Smith have football knowledge and instincts....those can't be taught.

omac
04-27-2009, 05:21 PM
I bet not. Royal is a good #2, but would never be a #1... I LOVE Royal, but he's not a top PLAYER selection.... even though he had an outstanding rookie season.

As Royal is now, I'd put him as one of the league's best #2 WRs, but I wouldn't rate him among the top #1 WRs. To clarify, though, I consider guys like Boldin a #1 despite being his team's #2. So Royal is a notch below a #1, yet a notch above a #2. Maybe in the future, as he learns watching Stokley, he could have Wes Welker type impact. Then again, he could turn out to be Steve Smith.

The only WRs I'd draft in the top 10 (in hindsight) are Fitz, Moss, Calvin ... maybe Andre. They have to be the best WRs of the best. We'll see if Marshall can be that type of player.

For our team needs, I'd us a top 10 pick on a high-impact DL player; no way would I use it on a cb. A strong DL with weak corners is better than a weak DL with strong corners, as we found out for ouselves. :D

topscribe
04-27-2009, 05:23 PM

The fastest time clocked in for a cornerback at the draft was 4.46 which was by Darius Butler. Did Darius Butler have 21 Interceptions throughout his entire college career? No...

And there's no denying how great of a player Woodyard is Rav...It's not his fault that he is lighter than an average linebacker. Him and Alphonso Smith have football knowledge and instincts....those can't be taught.

However, it is my understanding that the fastest time at which Smith has
been clocked is 4.47. And I just read in one scouting report that he has
"excellent top end speed." I'm sure that is talking about his speed on the
football field, as opposed to straight line in shorts.

And size is overrated. As McD pointed out, there are relatively few jump balls.
The important thing is whether the DB can stay with the receiver on the
football field. Smith can.

-----

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 05:25 PM
However, it is my understanding that the fastest time at which Smith has
been clocked is 4.47. And I just read in one scouting report that he has
"excellent top end speed."

And size is overrated. As McD pointed out, there are relatively few jump balls.
The important thing is whether the DB can stay with the receiver on the
football field. Smith can.

-----

Alphonso Smith is not "slow" like that poster is saying. Sure he's not a burner, but he's definatly not "slow".

Not to mention that small corners don't always fail in the NFL.

Darrent Williams was a rising star. Antoine Winfield (comparison to Smith) is one of the best. Ellis Hobbs is pretty good.

powderaddict
04-27-2009, 05:28 PM
He's a guy that excelled at getting turnovers.

My memory isn't that great, but wasn't "getting turnovers" a huge weak spot on the defense last year, therefore a need?

powderaddict
04-27-2009, 05:29 PM

Darrent Williams was a rising star.

Darrent Williams was 5'8", which is shorter than Smith :salute:

Rick
04-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Well Champ also excels at getting turnovers. Of course he was hurt a great deal last year so that effects that but one of the biggest things that makes turnovers is pressure and with this line unless we are running 4-3 with both Ayers and Doom on the line there will be few to no sacks from the line.

However that being said going 3-4 we could get potentially a great deal of pressure from the line backers if the line is able to do its job occupying blockers.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 05:31 PM

I see.

So going back to the point I made...... you want to use and quote Mayock when its a positive comment about Smith, but you aren't going to use and quote him when it DOESN'T fit your changed view on Smith, right? I mean, you are only selecting part of what Mayock has said about Smith.

ALso... please don't use the word "great" with Woodyard. You can't be great if you aren't on the field and starting...whether that be for size for brains. I don't have a single thing against Woodyard, but you are trying to make it sound as if Woodyards has WOW'd the NFL. He hasn't.

I don't have ANYTHING against Smith as a player. I don't have anything against him as a person (don't know him)..... but I DO know that the reach for him was universally thought of as too much, and ONE of the biggest critics of that move to get him was the VERY person you quoted in use for your 'defense' of it.

G_Money
04-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Smith is a really good player. He has weaknesses, but so do the corners drafted ahead of him.

He's not a perfect player, but his work ethic should allow him to make up for his minor deficiencies. If we had just picked him instead of McBath I would have no quibbles at all.

And until next draft I'm gonna stop raising the spectre of how we drafted him. If we had drafted Al Wilson as a top-10 pick instead of in the 30s (wasn't he #31, just a couple of picks ahead of where we took Smith?), I would have been okay with that. Far more so than blowing it on a "need" pick like Jarvis Moss that solves no need. I'd rather overpay and still get a good player for many years than get a "slot-appropriate" player that can't actually play.

The nickel for next year is solved. If we get picked apart by the slot reciever is should now be because the DL is woeful, not because Carl Freakin' Paymah can't cover a corpse 3 weeks dead.

And then next year we can see if he can push Goodman for the #2. If Smith becomes the player I think he can be, I have no complaints about the player.

Just pretend we drafted Jarvis again next year in the first instead of spending it on smith and just think of Smith as a 2nd rounder, if it helps. ;)

Of course, if I'm wrong and Smith turns into Paymah I'm gonna get mad still. :laugh:

~G

GEM
04-27-2009, 05:32 PM
"If this kid was two inches taller, he'd be a top-10 selection"

-Mike Mayock referring to Alphonso Smith

Reminds me a lot of Wesley Woodyard...a guy who was amazing in college yet lacks the physical traits to be highly regarded. Who's laughing now :lol:

Alphonso Smith is the best cornerback in this draft. Book it.

He's 5'9, 192 lbs. and plays the run pretty well...did I mention he's a ballhawk? He's one of 9 players in college football HISTORY to record over 20 Interceptions in a college career EVER.

I wish I was a little bit taller...*giggles*

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Alphonso Smith is not "slow" like that poster is saying. Sure he's not a burner, but he's definatly not "slow".

Darrent Williams was a rising star. Antoine Winfield (comparison to Smith) is one of the best. Ellis Hobbs is pretty good.

With all-do respect to Darrant...he was was more criticized and griped about on these boards for getting BEAT than he was praised for being a 'star' in the rising. People want to rmember the best of him because of his tragic death. But the reality is, he wasn't a star to anyone except a few on the bronco forums.

Hobbs.. was just traded AWAY by a team that continues to have corner problems.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 05:35 PM
I wish I was a little bit taller...*giggles*

Noooo.... we like ya the size you are :salute:

Northman
04-27-2009, 05:35 PM
With all-do respect to Darrant...he was was more criticized and griped about on these boards for getting BEAT than he was praised for being a 'star' in the rising. People want to rmember the best of him because of his tragic death. But the reality is, he wasn't a star to anyone except a few on the bronco forums.

Hobbs.. was just traded AWAY by a team that continues to have corner problems.

Funny how people forget that. Nicknames like "Burnt Toast" come to mind. Then the guy tragically dies and becomes a HOF'r.

topscribe
04-27-2009, 05:37 PM

Rav, when Eddie was selected in the 2nd round last year, he was considered
a good returner who maybe could catch a pass or two here and there. No one
had a clue he would end up as a ROY candidate who was one game short of
100 receptions and probably the best receiver of the draft.

Were I the betting kind, I would lay big money someone would grab him in the
first round if they knew about him what they know now . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Rav, when Eddie was selected in the 2nd round last year, he was considered
a good returner who maybe could catch a pass or two here and there. No one
had a clue he would end up as a ROY candidate who was one game short of
100 receptions and probably the best receiver of the draft.

Were I the betting kind, I would lay big money someone would grab him in the
first round if they knew about him what they know now . . .

-----

I was saying top 10 of the first round, not just the first round, since that was the discussion about the broncos pick next season being a possible top 10 pick.

topscribe
04-27-2009, 05:40 PM

Betcha remember Darrell Green . . .

-----

G_Money
04-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Darrent was in the Bly mold of gamblers. If you like your corners to play safe, then go with Foxy, who always tackled his guy after he made the catch and the first down.

*shrugs* I still compare Smith to Crockett. Physical, can tackle, prefers to front a receiver so he can play the ball, risking the ball getting over him but making it a tougher throw for the QB...

Before the rules changes I really liked those corners.

Now...well, now I hope he can learn from Champ how to play that way without drawing flags or giving up big plays. ;)

It should help to have the master on the team.

~G

topscribe
04-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I was saying top 10 of the first round, not just the first round, since that was the discussion about the broncos pick next season being a possible top 10 pick.

Yes, even Top Ten.

Receiving: 91 rec., 980 yds, 93 long, 10.8 YPC
Rushing: 9.9 YPC, 71 long
Punt returns: 10.0 avg., 36 long
Kick returns: 26.1 avg., 95 long

Yep. I wouldn't bet my life on his still being there if I had #11 and wanted him . . . :coffee:

-----

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Yes, even Top Ten.

Receiving: 91 rec., 980 yds, 93 long, 10.8 YPC
Rushing: 9.9 YPC, 71 long
Punt returns: 10.0 avg., 36 long
Kick returns: 26.1 avg., 95 long

Yep. I wouldn't bet my life on his still being there if I had #11 and wanted him . . . :coffee:

-----

well.. I feel confident that even as good as he was his rookie season.... thats not a sign that he's a top 10 player in any draft when I don't believe anyone sees him as a #1 WR.

Now... that being said, I think that McD might move UP in the draft to take him that high, but I don't see that happening with many other franchises. Not enough speed for Oakland :lol:

topscribe
04-27-2009, 06:21 PM
well.. I feel confident that even as good as he was his rookie season.... thats not a sign that he's a top 10 player in any draft when I don't believe anyone sees him as a #1 WR.

Now... that being said, I think that McD might move UP in the draft to take him that high, but I don't see that happening with many other franchises. Not enough speed for Oakland :lol:

You're just saying Al Davis wouldn't come back to life long enough to select him. :laugh:

-----

Simple Jaded
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM

Not a single one of these players is a Top10 pick, even if teams knew Winfield would be as good as he is (Actually they did), he still would not be a Top10 pick. Ellis Hobbs wouldn't garner the 37th pick in the draft, much less what the Broncos gave up for Smith. Darrent Williams was on his way to being demoted to the NickleBack at the end of the 06 season.

Alphonso Smith simply is not a Top10 player, he's not even a Top32 pick in this patheticly weak draft. We can play the "If" game til the cows come home, but it changes nothing, because Smith is 5-9, Smith is a 2nd round pick and Smith does have questonable speed, at the Combine, Mayock himself said Smith can't afford to run as slow as he did "Short corners (He's actually shorter than 5-9) can't run 4.5's".

If Denver goes 4-12ish, there is zero chance that Alphonso Smith justifies this trade, almost regardless of how good he turns out to be.......keep in mind that this was an 8-8 team in 08 that just traded it's Franchise MVP for next to nothing and is taking a huge step down at the Head Coaching position.......the schedule as absolutely brutal, they play 8 of the last 9 SuperBowl winners.

Smith is a chance the Broncos just can not afford to take, he is just not that good. He not only has to live up to next years Seattle pick, but also to proven players like Ronald Bartell who could have been had a month ago for zero draft compensation.

Between now and the time September rolls around, Doogie had better channell the Ghost of Vince Lombardi to save the Broncos from yet another enormous mistake.......

Watchthemiddle
04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Not a single one of these players is a Top10 pick, even if teams knew Winfield would be as good as he is (Actually they did), he still would not be a Top10 pick. Ellis Hobbs wouldn't garner the 37th pick in the draft, much less what the Broncos gave up for Smith. Darrent Williams was on his way to being demoted to the NickleBack at the end of the 06 season.

Alphonso Smith simply is not a Top10 player, he's not even a Top32 pick in this patheticly weak draft. We can play the "If" game til the cows come home, but it changes nothing, because Smith is 5-9, Smith is a 2nd round pick and Smith does have questonable speed, at the Combine, Mayock himself said Smith can't afford to run as slow as he did "Short corners (He's actually shorter than 5-9) can't run 4.5's".

If Denver goes 4-12ish, there is zero chance that Alphonso Smith justifies this trade, almost regardless of how good he turns out to be.......keep in mind that this was an 8-8 team in 08 that just traded it's Franchise MVP for next to nothing and is taking a huge step down at the Head Coaching position.......the schedule as absolutely brutal, they play 8 of the last 9 SuperBowl winners.

Smith is a chance the Broncos just can not afford to take, he is just not that good. He not only has to live up to next years Seattle pick, but also to proven players like Ronald Bartell who could have been had a month ago for zero draft compensation.

Between now and the time September rolls around, Doogie had better channell the Ghost of Vince Lombardi to save the Broncos from yet another enormous mistake.......

yup

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
I see.

So going back to the point I made...... you want to use and quote Mayock when its a positive comment about Smith, but you aren't going to use and quote him when it DOESN'T fit your changed view on Smith, right? I mean, you are only selecting part of what Mayock has said about Smith.

ALso... please don't use the word "great" with Woodyard. You can't be great if you aren't on the field and starting...whether that be for size for brains. I don't have a single thing against Woodyard, but you are trying to make it sound as if Woodyards has WOW'd the NFL. He hasn't.

I don't have ANYTHING against Smith as a player. I don't have anything against him as a person (don't know him)..... but I DO know that the reach for him was universally thought of as too much, and ONE of the biggest critics of that move to get him was the VERY person you quoted in use for your 'defense' of it.

That remains to be seen. If we suck this year and the Seahawks get a top 10 pick (not entirely set in stone), then we have a huge reach. But if the Seahawks receive a pick in the 20's then we did pretty good considering that Alphonso Smith will be a starter for us in a year or two.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Smith isn't a top ten pick, but who knows if that is where we will be picking. The trade does bring up the question, "How well will Smith have to play to justify his selection and mortgaging of a top pick next year?" Quite honestly, if he can start for this team during his time here, it is worth it to me. On the flip side, who says that the potential first-rounder next year we would have chosen would have panned out?

Denver had a first-round grade on Smith and decided to trade a future first-rounder to get him in the second round this year. Good for them. If they feel strongly about a guy, they should do whatever it takes to get him. I'm glad Denver made the trade because with the age of Goodman and Bailey, along with questionable depth -- we needed a player like him.

Italianmobstr7
04-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Alphonso Smith simply is not a Top10 player, he's not even a Top32 pick in this patheticly weak draft.

Nope. He's a top 37 pick. Now he's our top 37 pick. He's our "3rd 1st rounder" According to McDaniels. No use crying about it anymore. He's on the team, and most people are happy that he's here. Time to get over it and move on. Support him or not. Like him or not, he's on your favorite football team.

I think he'll be a very nice addition to our :defense:

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:08 PM

I don't disagree there...but we can't condemn this pick as a major "reach" until we see where WE finish in the draft and what Alphonso Smith does for us. If he gets us interceptions and gives us a nickel cornerback who can start in a pinch...he was well worth it.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Obviously we would rather have selected a player that plays well over one that fails. THere are only a few things that can happen with this selection compared to taking another position/player. So lets just say that we are going to compare Smith to player "A" that is a DL player that we didn't take.

1) they both play well
2) they both play poorly
3) one plays poorly and one plays well

Now, as I've said, its obvious to everyone that if Smith plays well, the pick wasn't AS bad. If they both play poorly, it doesn't matter.

But lets assume that BOTh players, Smith and player "A", play well in the NFL. Smith making the starting roster and playing well for our team, and player "A" making the starting roster and playing well.

Who does this team need more of? A starting corner or a starting DL? What would be better for t his team next year, a starting corner or a starting DT/NT/DE?

We've had CHAMP BAILEY in the backfield and have seen just how much that helps our team without a DL. So in my opinion, having a DT/NT/DE that is starting and playing well is MUCH more important than another CB that is playing well for THIS particular roster.

Thats the questions that surround this pick. NOT the player himself, but even if he's good (and he has to be EXCEPTIONAL to justify that trade)... is his POSITION as good as another position that we COULD have used that pick on?

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't disagree there...but we can't condemn this pick as a major "reach" until we see where WE finish in the draft and what Alphonso Smith does for us. If he gets us interceptions and gives us a nickel cornerback who can start in a pinch...he was well worth it.

Sorry.. but a nickel back is NOT worth a top first round pick. Even if we finish 8-8.. or 9-7 next season, thats about a top 12 pick (just like this year). YOu do not select nickel DBs in the top 12.... so its not "well" worth the choice.

Even the Seattle coach was surprised that we offered up our first round pick. "we weren't expecting that, that wasn't even on the table until they offered it."

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Obviously we would rather have selected a player that plays well over one that fails. THere are only a few things that can happen with this selection compared to taking another position/player. So lets just say that we are going to compare Smith to player "A" that is a DL player that we didn't take.

1) they both play well
2) they both play poorly

Now, as I've said, its obvious to everyone that if Smith plays well, the pick wasn't AS bad. If they both play poorly, it doesn't matter.

But lets assume that BOTh players, Smith and player "A" play well in the NFL. Smith making the starting roster and playing well for our team, and player "A" making the starting roster and playing well.

Who does this team need more of? A starting corner or a starting DL? What would be better for t his team next year, a starting corner or a starting DT/NT/DE?

We've had CHAMP BAILEY in the backfield and have seen just how much that helps our team without a DL. So in my opinion, having a DT/NT/DE that is starting and playing well is MUCH more important than another CB that is playing well for THIS particular roster.

Thats the questions that surround this pick. NOT the player himself, but even if he's good (and he has to be EXCEPTIONAL to justify that trade)... is his POSITION as good as another position that we COULD have used that pick on?

It's not exceptional value. I get that. But "IF" we give the Seahawks a potential pick in the 20's and Allphonso Smith proves that he can get interceptions, help in special teams, and be a starter in a pinch...it doesn't matter what we gave up in the past. But like Link (stnzed) said...we can play the "IF" game all day.

We can't condemn this pick until we see first hand that it was either a good or a bad pick. As far as the player is concerned, we got a great player.

Italianmobstr7
04-27-2009, 07:20 PM

1) they both play well
2) they both play poorly

But lets assume that BOTh players, Smith and player "A", play well in the NFL. Smith making the starting roster and playing well for our team, and player "A" making the starting roster and playing well.

A team running a 3-4, is not all about the D-line. It's about getting pressure from your outside linebackers, and blitzing from all over. Even if our D-line was mediocre, it won't matter because they won't be the ones rushing the passer very much. It will depend on how good our LB's pick up the scheme and rush the passer.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry.. but a nickel back is NOT worth a top first round pick. Even if we finish 8-8.. or 9-7 next season, thats about a top 12 pick (just like this year). YOu do not select nickel DBs in the top 12.... so its not "well" worth the choice.

Even the Seattle coach was surprised that we offered up our first round pick. "we weren't expecting that, that wasn't even on the table until they offered it."

Please, please tell me you're ****ing with us? Seriously, lie if you have to but please don't tell me that Doogie threw it out there.......

Italianmobstr7
04-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Also, I found this little tidbit I thought was interesting and I'd pass along.

Smith is just the third player this century to amass 20 or more interceptions in a career, joining Jim Leonhard of Wisconsin (21, 2001-04) and Mitch Meeuwsen of Oregon State (20, 2001-04), and only the second in Atlantic Coast Conference annals to reach that lofty mark (Dre' Bly of North Carolina had 20, 1996-98). Only nine other players in the history of college football (all levels) have produced more interceptions in a career than Smith.

What makes Smith even more valuable at his position is his ability to make big plays in the backfield. Few cornerbacks, much less ones that stand just 5-feet-9 can boast having nine sacks, 23.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage and eight forced fumbles on those hits during a career. He also adds to his resume as a capable kickoff returner, averaging 20.7 yards for his career, along with using his superb leaping ability and timing to block five kicks during his time at Wake Forest.

Smith was a standout player at quarterback and defensive back during his days at Pahokee High School, where he was the runner-up for state Player of the Year honors as a senior. He helped the Blue Devils to a 13-1 record and the Class 2B state championship, earning MVP honors in the state title game, throwing a 58-yard touchdown strike to current Deacon teammate Demir Boldin in that contest.

As a quarterback, Smith threw for 2,400 yards and 32 touchdowns and also rushed for 640 yards and six scores in 2003. He was responsible for 38 touchdowns as a senior, including scores on interception, punt, kickoff and fumble returns. He added 27 tackles, a sack and four interceptions as a cornerback, earning first-team All-State honors. He also played in the Outback Bowl and the Palm Beach All-Star Game. In addition to football, he was a starter on the basketball team.

Smith came to Wake Forest with high school teammates D.J. Boldin and Antonio Wilson, spending the 2004 season performing on the scout team. He made an immediate impact during 2005 spring camp, emerging as the team's starting left cornerback. He would earn consensus Freshman All-American and All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors that season. He placed fourth on the team with 60 tackles (52 solos), adding two sacks and eight stops for loss, along with a forced fumble. He picked off three passes, deflected nine throws and blocked a pair of kicks.

Smith started the first three games at left cornerback before coming off the bench for the rest of the 2006 campaign. He posted 48 tackles (37 solos) and led the ACC cornerbacks with four sacks and 8.5 stops behind the line of scrimmage. He batted down eight passes and had another three interceptions. He also returned a blocked punt for a touchdown.

In 2007, Smith garnered national recognition with his first All-American award. The All-ACC first-team pick ranked tied for second in the nation with eight interceptions, as he returned three of them for touchdowns, one shy of the NCAA single-season record. He added 44 tackles with three sacks and led the conference with four forced fumbles. He also had 10 pass deflections and blocked a kick for the third consecutive season.

In his own version of the game show, "Can You Top This," Smith did so as a senior. The consensus All-American tied for third in the nation with seven interceptions in 2008, adding a team-high thirteen pass deflections. He averaged 22.0 yards as a kickoff returner, blocked a kick and caused two fumbles. He was credited with 37 tackles (28 solos) while starting all 13 games while shuttling between free safety and left cornerback.

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:23 PM

Again I understand that. Let's play out this situation.... "IF" Alphonso Smith beats out Andre Goodman to start opposite Champ Bailey....was the pick well worth it? We won't know because we don't know what pick Seattle is going to get.

If Alphonso Smith beats out Andre Goodman in the 2010 season to be a starter, makes an impact on special teams and gets Interceptions as a nickel cornerback, and Seattle receives a pick in the mid 20's.....was it well worth it? Hell yes it was...

Just because he was selected in the 2nd round, doesn't mean that he can't immediately or potentially grow into a 1st round talent type of guy. He was already a 1st round talent, but lack of measurables pushed him into the 2nd round.

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Please, please tell me you're ****ing with us? Seriously, lie if you have to but please don't tell me that Doogie threw it out there.......

I never saw that anywhere...I want a source from Ravage before I believe it.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
It's not exceptional value. I get that. But "IF" we give the Seahawks a potential pick in the 20's and Allphonso Smith proves that he can get interceptions, help in special teams, and be a starter in a pinch...it doesn't matter what we gave up in the past. But like Link (stnzed) said...we can play the "IF" game all day.

We can't condemn this pick until we see first hand that it was either a good or a bad pick. As far as the player is concerned, we got a great player.

1) you can't say we can play the 'if' game all day, then turn around and say we got a GREAT player. You dont' know that, at the draft you were bitching about the pick, then flip-flopped. If he was so 'great'.... he would have been drafted as a 'great' player.

2) He better turn out to be more of a full-time starter than just a 'starter in a pinch" to justify a first round pick.... period. You shouldn't spend first round picks on a back-up corner. I'm sure that the intentions are that he wins the starting job in 2010.

But again.... tahts the criticisms of the choice. Not the player himself, but the position he plays. YES....we know he's on the team and can't do anything about it. But McDaniels just DOUBLED the 'watch' of the Cutler trade. Everyone is going to be watching the play of the offense/QB ..a nd now people are going to tie him into trading a first round pick for a ...uhm.....'less than ideal'... sized corner WITH the pick he got from the Cutler trade.

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:26 PM
1) you can't say we can play the 'if' game all day, then turn around and say we got a GREAT player. You dont' know that, at the draft you were bitching about the pick, then flip-flopped. If he was so 'great'.... he would have been drafted as a 'great' player.

2) He better turn out to be more of a full-time starter than just a 'starter in a pinch" to justify a first round pick.... period. You shouldn't spend first round picks on a back-up corner. I'm sure that the intentions are that he wins the starting job in 2010.

But again.... tahts the criticisms of the choice. Not the player himself, but the position he plays. YES....we know he's on the team and can't do anything about it. But McDaniels just DOUBLED the 'watch' of the Cutler trade. Everyone is going to be watching the play of the offense/QB ..a nd now people are going to tie him into trading a first round pick for a ...uhm.....'less than ideal'... sized corner WITH the pick he got from the Cutler trade.

I didn't bitch about drafting Alphonso Smith. I bitched about drafting Darcel McBath and Richard Quinn. So sorry Rav...

Watchthemiddle
04-27-2009, 07:27 PM

Ditto.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 07:28 PM

IT was the quote from the seattle coach when interviewed at the draft...

He was asked about the trade and the coach responded with said quote... ""we weren't expecting that, that wasn't even on the table until they offered it. We were kinda surprised."

I know it's in written form somewhere, but I'm not going to go digging. I"m not making it up. Not even I would come up with that

Simple Jaded
04-27-2009, 07:28 PM
What if it were from an interview?.......

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I didn't bitch about drafting Alphonso Smith. I bitched about drafting Darcel McBath and Richard Quinn. So sorry Rav...

:laugh: Now you are either having selective memory.. or choosing to lie. But I DISTINCTLY remember you griping, moaning, and bitching about the MOVE UP to get a CB when you thought we were moving up to get a DL.

I'm sure we could go look it up in the 'draft day thread'... and see it..... but I'm not going to go digging because I'm just not that interested.

getlynched47
IT was the quote from the seattle coach when interviewed at the draft...

He was asked about the trade and the coach responded with said quote... ""we weren't expecting that, that wasn't even on the table until they offered it. We were kinda surprised."

I know it's in written form somewhere, but I'm not going to go digging. I"m not making it up. Not even I would come up with that

You made it up.

Prove me wrong and I will shut up.

getlynched47

Interviews are posted on the internet. Are you new to the internet stnzed? ;)

Simple Jaded
04-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Interviews are posted on the internet. Are you new to the internet stnzed? ;)

Actually, I've been new to the internet for about a decade.......I'm a slow learner. :D.......

Watchthemiddle
04-27-2009, 07:33 PM

All Of McDaniels quotes are in typed form...

honz
04-27-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm sure McXanders threw it out there, but most likely after exploring other options (i.e. Seattle turned down trading back in this years draft). They were trying to trade up and did what they had to do...for better or worse? We shall see.

Simple Jaded
You made it up.

No you won't.......

Watchthemiddle
:laugh: Now you are either having selective memory.. or choosing to lie. But I DISTINCTLY remember you griping, moaning, and bitching about the MOVE UP to get a CB when you thought we were moving up to get a DL.

I'm sure we could go look it up in the 'draft day thread'... and see it..... but I'm not going to go digging because I'm just not that interested.

Credible

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
You made it up.

Know this, and know this now. I DON'T make shit up, thats what YOU are known for....

TWO.. I have absolutely NO interest or care, about proving ANYTHING to you.. NONE.. zero.. zilch. I have absolutely no care, whatsoever, to make my night worried about if YOU believe me.

We all know, as a fact, that NOTHING shuts you up.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
All Of McDaniels quotes are in typed form...

Fat, steamy load of good that does, it's a Jim Mora quote.......

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=978959&pp=25&page=7
Here you go Ravage. I went to dig it up for your lazy ass to make you look stupid :D

You have great memory grandpa :coffee:

Know this, and know this now. I DON'T make shit up, thats what YOU are known for....

TWO.. I have absolutely NO interest or care, about proving ANYTHING to you.. NONE.. zero.. zilch. I have absolutely no care, whatsoever, to make my night worried about if YOU believe me.

We all know, as a fact, that NOTHING shuts you up.

You made it up.

BroncoWave
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
You made it up.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=640473&postcount=768

You said it.

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:40 PM
No you won't.......

Yes I will stnzed. If he finds me this magical quote from Seattle's GM that basically makes McDaniels look like the idiot he is...I will shut up.

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=640473&postcount=768

You said it.

I never said that the Alphonso Smith pick was horrible. I don't like that we traded next years 1st for it, but the pick wasn't bad.

Besides, the part you quoted me for is in regards to a quote from Seattle's GM. :coffee:

BroncoWave
04-27-2009, 07:42 PM
I never said that the Alphonso Smith pick was horrible. I don't like that we traded next years 1st for it, but the pick wasn't bad.

Besides, the part you quoted me for is in regards to a quote from Seattle's GM. :coffee:

Yeah, I noticed that I quoted the wrong post but you did criticize the Smith pick at first. Your post in the draft thread was pretty clear.

getlynched47
04-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I noticed that I quoted the wrong post but you did criticize the Smith pick at first. Your post in the draft thread was pretty clear.

It was in response to weazel. He did the exact same thing to me when I was whining about Cutler being traded.

bcbronc
04-27-2009, 08:03 PM

this wasn't the first we got for Cutler, it was our pick. having the 2nd first allowed us to give up next year's pick, but Chicago's pick is the one that should "count" in analyzing the Cutler trade.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=978959&pp=25&page=7
Here you go Ravage. I went to dig it up for your lazy ass to make you look stupid :D

You have great memory grandpa :coffee:

You made it up.

Here you go.. since you choose to lie and then try to tell others they are...

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37954&highlight=draft&page=52

#768 pg 52

Originally Posted to weazel

quit whining. You were the one on McDaniels jock the whole time. Enjoy our new head coach

what an idiot...i can't believe he gave up next years 1st for Alphonso Smith...we still need a nose tackle. I guess he forgot

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37954&highlight=draft&page=54

pg 54 # 803

getlynched47

Sounds like Jack Williams to me...

Ravage!!!
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
this wasn't the first we got for Cutler, it was our pick. having the 2nd first allowed us to give up next year's pick, but Chicago's pick is the one that should "count" in analyzing the Cutler trade.

YOu are nitpicking... ours or CHicagos

The point is... if we selected a DT/DL/DE with that pick instead of a CB... and they BOTH (hypothetically) played well at THEIR positions.. WHICH one would you/we WANT more? Good play from a corner or good play from a DL??

Chicago's pick next season doesn't have to do with the choice THIS season. Using a higher round pick on Smith is what we determine that by, period. Chicago's pick next season doesn't have anything to do with it. Thats going to be changed because we only have ONE pick this year. Just like this season's picks would have been different if we only had 1 first round selection.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM

Bullshit, not any longer, not having that pick ties their hands, before they package picks and could move up in the draft and get any player they wanted, that option went bye-bye the second Doogie shit down his leg. Just like the Cutler trade factors into the Quinn trade, not having that option next counts.

No, sir, the Cutler trade should be judged accordingly.......

powderaddict
04-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Why are we getting all hung up on whether it was the Broncos who initiated the trade or the Seahawks?

If the Broncos had a first round grade on the guy, and wanted him, the trade was a good one. Going rate is 2nd this year for a 1st next. There was no fleecing. The trade wasn't stupid - it's just that many here have a problem with who was picked.

If the Broncos took Brace, or Maualuga, would everyone be wringing their hands and beside themselves with grief as I'm seeing now? I doubt it.

If the Broncos were not comfortable with the players available, why draft them? Isn't that what got Shanahan into the defensive mess we find the Broncos in today - not taking BPA, but trying to fill the biggest hole?

If the Broncos didn't think Ron or Ray would make a significant contribution, wouldn't taking them be essentially wasting a pick (ala Moss)? But if they feel that Smith can come in, contribute, and help create turnovers, why not get him?

Just because CB isn't as big of a need as NT (in our minds anyways), it doesn't mean it's not a position of need. The CB's on the roster now are aging - Smith can now grow into the role and step in when needed. Plus, the Broncos got a player they had down as a 1st round talent at a 2nd round price tag. And, they get that 1st round talent a year earlier, so by the time the 1st round comes around next year, the player they got for that pick already has 1 year experience.

Plus, is there any guarantees the Broncos will be drafting in the top 10 next year? Everyone seems resigned to it and is throwing it around as if it were a fact. It isn't. We don't know what the record will be next year, and where Denver (or Chicago for that matter) will be drafting next year. IMO it's stupid to call the traded pick a top 10 pick before any games have even been played.