PDA

View Full Version : Which RB Gets The Boot?

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 05:52 PM
We should all be excited with Knowshon Moreno. Obviously it wasn't a pressing need, but it's done. With that said, which one of our Runningbacks is the odd man out?

Currently we have Buckhalter, Arrington, Jordan, Hillis, Young, and Torain.

Since Hillis is a dual threat at Fullback and Runningback, I think he's safe.

That leaves us with Hillis and Moreno, so probably room for two more runningbacks. Who do you think?

I say probably Buckhalter (though he's going to be very pissed that he isn't going to be a featured back here) and Arrington (added value as a returner).

What do you think?

EDIT: Out of the 6 runningbacks I listed, name 3 that WILL BE CUT.

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Young and Buckhalter

getlynched47
Young and Buckhalter

get cut? or stay?

Watchthemiddle
Jordan and Young.

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Jordan and Young.

get cut or stay? :lol:

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 05:56 PM
get cut? or stay?

Cut.... Young and BUckhalter get cut.....and probably Jordan

well... that depends if Torain can actually stay healthy. Will probably be a situation where torain gets hurt and makes the cutting process an easier decision....

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Cut.... Young and BUckhalter get cut.....and probably Jordan

3 runningbacks will get cut. So those are your three...:salute:

underrated29
04-25-2009, 05:58 PM
this is how it will be

know
jordan
arrington
bucky
hillis/fb

cut
young
hall

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 06:00 PM
this is how it will be

know
jordan
arrington
bucky
hillis/fb

cut
young
hall

You didn't read it bro :lol:

We will probably only keep three tailbacks and Peyton Hillis at fullback/utility runningback.

That means we cut three players.

Hall is no longer with the team, and where is Torain?? :salute:

Watchthemiddle
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
get cut or stay? :lol:

Cut...

underrated29
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
You didn't read it bro :lol:

We will probably only keep three tailbacks and Peyton Hillis at fullback/utility runningback.

That means we cut three players.

Hall is no longer with the team, and where is Torain?? :salute:

I have been drinking. I knew i forgot someone.

We will be keeping 4-5 for sure- just watch.

torain goes ahead of bucky-

DenBronx
04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
**** em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DenBronx
04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
i said **** em alll!!!!!\

**** **** ****!!!

DenBronx
04-25-2009, 06:05 PM
moreno and hillis....everyone else goes bye bye

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 07:08 PM
moreno and hillis....everyone else goes bye bye

Okay.............:eek:

Dirk
04-25-2009, 07:11 PM
I say Young, Torain and Buck get cut or they try and use them as some sort of small....real small trade bait.

EMB6903
04-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Moreno, Hillis, Arrington= Safe IMO

the rest will have to battle for a roster spot... including Buckhalter.

getlynched47
04-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Moreno, Hillis, Arrington= Safe IMO

the rest will have to battle for a roster spot... including Buckhalter.

I'm sure Buckhalter is pissed :lol:

He was told that he'd be the "featured back" :lol:

BroncoBJ
04-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I think we will cut them all. And we will draft Javon Ringer and James Davis in the 3rd round and or RB core will be set. :salute:

I'm trying to figure this draft out. :elefant:

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I think we will cut them all. And we will draft Javon Ringer and James Davis in the 3rd round and or RB core will be set. :salute:

I'm trying to figure this draft out. :elefant:

Can't.. we don't have a 3rd round pick!

Rick
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Young and Jordan cut.

Torain technically cut though sighned back to practice squad(if he can be)

SmilinAssasSin27
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Torain never shoulda been drafted and Young would be my other choice for a beheading...err..I mean release.

Magnificent Seven
04-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Andre Hall is already gone. He is not on the roster list. I think they will move LaMont Jordan to fullback position and be backup for Peyton Hillis.

Cut neither Slevin Young or Ryan Torain.

underrated29
04-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Jordan will not be cut- he will be our pounder at the goaline if we dont use hillis or know.

Jordan will be our #2 back- Take it to the bank!

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Jordan will not be cut- he will be our pounder at the goaline if we dont use hillis or know.

Jordan will be our #2 back- Take it to the bank!

I'm pretty sure Buckhalter will be our #2 :lol: He's signed to a modest contract...and what can Jordan do that Hillis can't?

slim
04-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Does it matter?

The rook will get most of the carries and Buck will back him up...until he gets hurt in the first preseason game, then Hillis will be the back up and Torrain will be gathering splinters in his ass.

xzn
04-26-2009, 01:15 AM
I think we'll keep more than four "backs". Coach seems to value adequate, or even more than adequate depth at that position. I don't blame him after what happened, both to us and at New England last year with RB injuries.

I think we keep:

Knowshon
Hillis
Buckhalter
Arrington

and one of Torain or Jordan based on camp and pre-season performance / health.

Young is a goner...

getlynched47
04-26-2009, 01:26 AM
I think we'll keep more than four "backs". Coach seems to value adequate, or even more than adequate depth at that position. I don't blame him after what happened, both to us and at New England last year with RB injuries.

I think we keep:

Knowshon
Hillis
Buckhalter
Arrington

and one of Torain or Jordan based on camp and pre-season performance / health.

Young is a goner...

I think we keep the 4 guys you mentioned. Hillis can play fullback and is also valuable at runningback, therefore saving us a roster spot.

But you could be right...I just think Young has more talent that Jordan and Torain. Too bad he's injury prone...

xzn
04-26-2009, 01:34 AM
I think we keep the 4 guys you mentioned. Hillis can play fullback and is also valuable at runningback, therefore saving us a roster spot.

But you could be right...I just think Young has more talent that Jordan and Torain. Too bad he's injury prone...

Young is pretty good, but I doubt he'll beat out Buckhalter and Arrington as a pass catching "third down" back.

Hillis should be the primary singleback for short yardage and FB in two back sets.

I see Jordan and Torain battling it out for the backup "powerback" spot.

We should get another one-dimensional run blocking FB at least on the practice squad, maybe an undrafted FA or street FA.

Tempus Fugit
04-26-2009, 01:50 AM
New England had Maroney, Faulk, Jordan, Morris and Evans on the team, and BJGE on the practice squad. Don't be surprised if Denver does something similar to start the season. That would leave Moreno, Arrington, Buckhalter, Jordan and one of the remainder as the likely group, with a practice squad position also available.

bcbronc
04-26-2009, 02:06 AM
I don't think we need to have all three of Moreno, Buckhalter, and JJ on the game day roster. all bring pretty similiar skill sets.

Moreno
Hillis
Jordan
Buckhalter
Torain

BroncoBJ
04-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Can't.. we don't have a 3rd round pick!

:lol: .. I posted that before we traded our 2 3rd's to get Our beastly TE. :rockon:

But we have 2 4th's now. Cant wait to see what McDaniels does next. :lol:

If anything, This draft has been the most interesting. I can't believe I took time out of my life to do a mock draft. It went to waste because I clearly don't know what our plan was. :lol: