PDA

View Full Version : No Question

LTC Pain
04-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Found this at Rotoworld. At least Eric Decker thinks there is no question about PM's arm strength.

After working out with Peyton Manning this spring, Eric Decker says there's "no question" that Manning still possesses plenty of arm strength after multiple neck operations.

"The guy's still throwing the ball a long time, throwing it great, hitting you in the right spot," Decker said. "He's such a perfectionist. If he hits you in the belly button, he gets mad at himself for not hitting you in the chest. It's unbelievable to be around a guy who has those standards for himself." Decker isn't going to say anything negative about his new quarterback, but it's still positive news. Decker's stats could take off with Manning at the controls.

Source: ESPN.com

shank
04-09-2012, 04:14 PM
this proves to me, without question, that the forehead is more critical to arm strength than the neck.

Northman
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Yea, but he cant scramble around backwards or throw into the dirt hard enough.

topscribe
04-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Well, he could . . . but his brain seems to operate in another direction . . .

SpringsBroncoFan
04-09-2012, 06:42 PM

Well, at least there aren't any water hazards on the field for you to complain about him not being able to walk on water... :amen:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-09-2012, 07:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82830b98/article/peyton-manning-throwing-it-great-broncos-wr-decker-says?module=HP11_headline_stack

DenBronx
04-09-2012, 08:28 PM
The WRs seem to think there is an "unbelievable" differance with Manning.

Want to know what these guys can really do? Well just wait until the regular season when Manning is making Thomas and Decker look like Pro Bowlers. I think Decker is a little shocked at how good Manning is. This isnt the first report where Decker has been blown away while working out with Manning. I suspect we could average 30 points a game with #18 behind center.

MOtorboat
04-09-2012, 10:32 PM
The WRs seem to think there is an "unbelievable" differance with Manning.

Want to know what these guys can really do? Well just wait until the regular season when Manning is making Thomas and Decker look like Pro Bowlers. I think Decker is a little shocked at how good Manning is. This isnt the first report where Decker has been blown away while working out with Manning. I suspect we could average 30 points a game with #18 behind center.

Seem to think?

Of course there's a huge difference. Are people really this oblivious to how bad Tebow was throwing the football?

Pudge
04-09-2012, 11:56 PM
He was? I thought he threw those screen passes right on the money at least 35% of the time

Northman
04-10-2012, 03:13 AM
Are people really this oblivious to how bad tebow was throwing the football?

yes

Dapper Dan
04-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Why is it that the people that didn't like Tebow (as a QB) keep bringing him up? Can't we just keep this about Manning?

BroncoWave
04-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Why is it that the people that didn't like Tebow (as a QB) keep bringing him up? Can't we just keep this about Manning?

It will pass eventually. All of Tebow's detractors on here have to blow their load from their giant, rage-filled Tebow hate-boner. Once Manning starts winning games for us hopefully everyone can move on from Tebow and resist getting in every shot at him they can.

claymore
04-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Seem to think?

Of course there's a huge difference. Are people really this oblivious to how bad Tebow was throwing the football?

Decker has never worked with a starting caliber QB in the NFL. It has to be exciting.

claymore
04-10-2012, 09:50 AM
It will pass eventually. All of Tebow's detractors on here have to blow their load from their giant, rage-filled Tebow hate-boner. Once Manning starts winning games for us hopefully everyone can move on from Tebow and resist getting in every shot at him they can.

Same was done with Griese, Cutler, Plummer and Orton. Its natural to hate the departed.

dogfish
04-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Same was done with Griese, Cutler, Plummer and Orton. Its really juvenile to hate the departed.

it is-- never stops anybody here, though. . .

Ravage!!!
04-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Because the comparisons of how the ball is landing into the receivers hands, chest, and in the "perfect spot" are an immediate comparison to ANY QB that was here throwing the ball prior. Not to mention a QB that threw inaccurately.

Slick
04-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Wayninja must be on vacation.

BroncoWave
04-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Because the comparisons of how the ball is landing into the receivers hands, chest, and in the "perfect spot" are an immediate comparison to ANY QB that was here throwing the ball prior. Not to mention a QB that threw inaccurately.

Except Decker wasn't comparing Tebow to Manning. He was simply talking about Manning. His quote had nothing to do with Tebow. And Manning, who is arguably the best passer in NFL history, will make most QBs look bad. That isn't exactly breaking news.

BroncoWave
04-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Same was done with Griese, Cutler, Plummer and Orton. Its natural to hate the departed.

Yes, but those last 3 all left on bad terms, hence the hate after they left. Tebow left on as good of terms as you possibly can leave. He was classy his whole time here, classy in his exit, THANKED all Broncos fans (though many didn't deserve it) and he is still constantly shit on by many. You'd think by having Peyton Manning people could focus on getting excited about that but I guess taking parting shots at Tebow is just too fun for some to resist.

Ravage!!!
04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Except Decker wasn't comparing Tebow to Manning. He was simply talking about Manning. His quote had nothing to do with Tebow. And Manning, who is arguably the best passer in NFL history, will make most QBs look bad. That isn't exactly breaking news.

Doesn't have to be breaking news. The article talked about how accurate our current QB is, and how amazed Decker was about how precise he is on his PASSING. If you weren't around, or haven't heard, the biggest criticisms of our past QB was the accuracy of his throws, and just how BAD of a passer he was. HENCE, the immediate comparisons from Manning to Tebow. Its simple and its natural.

If you don't like the comparisons of this year's QB to last year's QB, then I would suggest you stop reading the message boards, newspapers, internet blogs, magazines, and any scrolling text at the bottom of the TV. I wouldn't listen to any sports talk radio, or sports shows about football.

These are two of the biggest names in football. One has a big name because of his football skills, and the other has a big name because of outside his football skills. The comparisons will NOT stop for a VERY long time, no matter what they do. Just wait until the first time Tebow rushes for a TD.

TXBRONC
04-10-2012, 10:41 AM

Rav didn't say Decker was comparing Tebow to Manning.

Northman
04-10-2012, 11:15 AM

Funny that BTB will start making comments like that when he has had a hard on for Peyton Hillis for like ever. lmao

What was it everyone just kept saying as too why they hated on former players? "Well, Cutler is a Bear now and Hillis was a Brown?". Well, Tebow is a Jet so who gives a shit if we rip on him.

Dapper Dan
04-10-2012, 11:19 AM
The boards get irritated at everyone bringing up Tebow when he's our QB. Then keeps bringing up Tebow after he's gone. Scumbag Boards.

Northman
04-10-2012, 11:21 AM
The boards get irritated at everyone bringing up Tebow when he's our QB. Then keeps bringing up Tebow after he's gone. Scumbag Boards.

There is always the ignore feature.

Dapper Dan
04-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Funny that BTB will start making comments like that when he has had a hard on for Peyton Hillis for like ever. lmao

What was it everyone just kept saying as too why they hated on former players? "Well, Cutler is a Bear now and Hillis was a Brown?". Well, Tebow is a Jet so who gives a shit if we rip on him.

I dislike Cutler for saying Bears fans are better than Broncos fans. But I don't bring him up every chance I get. I don't dislike Hillis. I just don't talk about him. But now that he's a Chief I probably won't like him. Same with Royal. He's a Charger. You'd think people would be sick of Tebowmania and let it go. I guess not.

Dapper Dan
04-10-2012, 11:22 AM
There is always the ignore feature.

I just want to ignore any post that has Tebow in it. Can Tned do that for me?

Northman
04-10-2012, 11:23 AM
I dislike Cutler for saying Bears fans are better than Broncos fans. But I don't bring him up every chance I get. I don't dislike Hillis. I just don't talk about him. But now that he's a Chief I probably won't like him. Same with Royal. He's a Charger. You'd think people would be sick of Tebowmania and let it go. I guess not.

Oh, im sick of Tebowmania dont get me wrong. Im just glad that circus is in NY and not in Denver anymore. But, like i said in another thread. Only now is the bashing/loving of Brian Griese almost non-existent. But Plummer/Cutler/Orton/Hillis etc still gets talked about. Tebow will probably still be talked about all year whether we win the SB or dont make the playoffs. If we dont make the playoffs this year you dont think there will be people beating the Tebow drum? Really? lol

Northman
04-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I just want to ignore any post that has Tebow in it. Can Tned do that for me?

Not likely. lol

Dapper Dan
04-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh, im sick of Tebowmania dont get me wrong. Im just glad that circus is in NY and not in Denver anymore. But, like i said in another thread. Only now is the bashing/loving of Brian Griese almost non-existent. But Plummer/Cutler/Orton/Hillis etc still gets talked about. Tebow will probably still be talked about all year whether we win the SB or dont make the playoffs. If we dont make the playoffs this year you dont think there will be people beating the Tebow drum? Really? lol

Probably. But I'll bitch about them as well.

This crap is usually left up ESPN, that's why I don't watch them.

Northman
04-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Probably. But I'll bitch about them as well.

This crap is usually left up ESPN, that's why I don't watch them.

You and me both. The only place i get or want to talk about sports is here. Every once in a blue moon i will tune into Mike and Mike or Colin Cowherd.

Ravage!!!
04-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Its pretty unrealistic to expect people to not compare. There will always be a comparison, because it was a HUGE HUGE signing by the Denver Broncos, and it traded away a popular religious icon in the process. Tebow was the biggest story in the NFL last year. Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL. To think that this story isn't going to be talked about allllllllll year long, by every network, every show, every talking head, and message board posters across the states, is silly.

Every time Peyton makes a pinpoint pass, it will be mentioned. Every time Peyton is sacked, Tebow will be mentioned. Every time Tebow runs for a first down, it will be mentioned. When Tebow makes a big pass, it will be mentioned. When we actually score points in a game, it will be mentioned. There is not a message board, or fanbase, in the nation that doesn't compare current QBs to past ones. This message board is no different than any other.

BORDERLINE
04-10-2012, 11:58 AM
if decker says manning is good to go then it's all i want to hear. it's gonna be those guys who are catching balls from him that will have to deal with his velocity and location. so if they drop them it's on them.

as far as tebow is concernd i've gotten over as soon as he became a jet. i will always remember this past season and i look forward to sb runs with manning under center. people let it go already

Dapper Dan
04-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Its pretty unrealistic to expect people to not compare. There will always be a comparison, because it was a HUGE HUGE signing by the Denver Broncos, and it traded away a popular religious icon in the process. Tebow was the biggest story in the NFL last year. Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL. To think that this story isn't going to be talked about allllllllll year long, by every network, every show, every talking head, and message board posters across the states, is silly.

Every time Peyton makes a pinpoint pass, it will be mentioned. Every time Peyton is sacked, Tebow will be mentioned. Every time Tebow runs for a first down, it will be mentioned. When Tebow makes a big pass, it will be mentioned. When we actually score points in a game, it will be mentioned. There is not a message board, or fanbase, in the nation that doesn't compare current QBs to past ones. This message board is no different than any other.

Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs in the league right now and probably the best of all time. But let's keep comparing him to an unpolished QB who hasn't been through an offseason.

Willis McGahee is not Terrell Davis. Eric Decker isn't as good as Ed McCaffery was. Julius Thomas is not Shannon Sharpe.

It's completely stupid and unnecessary to compare. ESPN will do it. But I've come to expect that. It's all about ratings and not actually football conversation that needs discussed.

DenBronx
04-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Seem to think?

Well, I dont expect Decker or Thomas to publicly say our play was down because Tebow couldnt hit us in the chest in stride. They probally fully support Tebow but are excited about Manning throwing to them. Dont look for them to throw Tebow under the bus. They have moved on and so have us Broncos fans.

DenBronx
04-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Actually, just heard on First Take some more of Deckers comments that were not originally in the article. He said Tebow "is an icon" and "he changed the culture in Denver." He greatly endorsed him.

So from that I take that they felt that he brought a NO QUIT mindset in the locker room. If you look at years past when we were down it almost seem as the whole team would just give up. I never got that feeling last year. For that I completely thank and respect Tim Tebow for bringing that to Denver. Remember the apple doesnt fall far from the tree and if these guys carry that mindset into next year WITH Manning as the QB then yes we will go deep in the playoffs.

Ravage!!!
04-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs in the league right now and probably the best of all time. But let's keep comparing him to an unpolished QB who hasn't been through an offseason.

Willis McGahee is not Terrell Davis. Eric Decker isn't as good as Ed McCaffery was. Julius Thomas is not Shannon Sharpe.

It's completely stupid and unnecessary to compare. ESPN will do it. But I've come to expect that. It's all about ratings and not actually football conversation that needs discussed.

Terrible examples. Terrell, Eddie, and Shannon have both been out of the NFL for 10 years +. Thats a HUGE difference between this year and last when the Broncos just made one of the biggest moves and FA signings since FA hit the NFL. Believe me, if they were here just last year, then every player on the roster would be compared to them. Not even comparable.

The truth is, people are NOT comparing Tebow to Manning. Tebow can't hold Manning's jock when it comes to football. They are comparing the outcomes resulting in the differnce of their respective skillsets (or their guess of the differences). NO ONE is comparing Manning to Tebow as a QB, because there is just NO comparison.

ESPN compares because people email, text, and phone in with the WANT to talk about Tebow. As soon as people stop talking about Tebow, so will ESPN and the likes.

BroncoWave
04-10-2012, 01:36 PM

The difference is that Hillis is a shitty person and deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

Ravage!!!
04-10-2012, 01:39 PM
The difference is that Hillis is a shitty person and deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

So now its a matter of how you feel their personalities are? What if people think that Tebow was a shitty QB, and deserves every bit of criticism he gets...... do they then have permission to post criticisms even when you don't like to see/read/hear it?

Every man defends their poison.

Poet
04-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Only for petty people like you.

claymore
04-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Yes, but those last 3 all left on bad terms, hence the hate after they left. Tebow left on as good of terms as you possibly can leave. He was classy his whole time here, classy in his exit, THANKED all Broncos fans (though many didn't deserve it) and he is still constantly shit on by many. You'd think by having Peyton Manning people could focus on getting excited about that but I guess taking parting shots at Tebow is just too fun for some to resist.

I dont see how Tebow left on any better terms than any of those guys. People just like tebow as a person for whatever reason. You could make a case that he lied about not having a choice on where to go, and commenting on how loud Jets fans were when we played them. Not to mention Tebows "camp" stating they were furious about the manning pursuit and trade rumors.

Tebow deserves nothing less than those other guys got. Hes a jet now, so **** him in the goat ass.

claymore
04-10-2012, 02:15 PM

I didnt like Plummer, and I didnt like Tebow. Im just happy they are gone. Im glad Orton is gone to, but I liked the dude even though he is a 2nd string QB at best.

BroncoWave
04-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I dont see how Tebow left on any better terms than any of those guys. People just like tebow as a person for whatever reason. You could make a case that he lied about not having a choice on where to go, and commenting on how loud Jets fans were when we played them. Not to mention Tebows "camp" stating they were furious about the manning pursuit and trade rumors.

Tebow deserves nothing less than those other guys got. Hes a jet now, so **** him in the goat ass.

Those are all pretty weak criticisms. Not exactly in the same ballpark as Plummer, Cutler, and Orton all giving big FUs to fans in certain ways. Tebow himself was classy to the Broncos fanbase the whole way through. Not something that can be said for those other guys.

Jsteve01
04-10-2012, 02:20 PM

So now Hillis is a shitty person? Wow who knew? I always liked him and didn't feel the need to run him down after he left town. If this is about him sitting out a game last year with strep well then I guess I fail to see how that makes him a shitty person

claymore
04-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Those are all pretty weak criticisms. Not exactly in the same ballpark as Plummer, Cutler, and Orton all giving big FUs to fans in certain ways. Tebow himself was classy to the Broncos fanbase the whole way through. Not something that can be said for those other guys.

Other than the literal FU given to the fans by Plummer, what strong criticisim does Cutler and Orton deserve? Cutlers "Chicago fans are a 9" is no worse than Tebow commenting how great and loud jets fans were.

I dont like Tebow, so its easy for me to nitpick, like some do on Cutler/Orton

BroncoNut
04-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Hillis is a bad person? like in what way?

vandammage13
04-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I didnt like Plummer, and I didnt like Tebow. Im just happy they are gone. Im glad Orton is gone to, but I liked the dude even though he is a 2nd string QB at best.

So you didn't like the 2 QB's who won and you liked the 1 QB who didn't win....Interesting perspective.

Other than the literal FU given to the fans by Plummer, what strong criticisim does Cutler and Orton deserve? Cutlers "Chicago fans are a 9" is no worse than Tebow commenting how great and loud jets fans were.

Of course you are leaving out that Cutler rated Bronco fans as a 6...Nowhere did Tebow take shots at the fans on the way out (Of course both are going to praise their new fanbase, nothing wrong with that).

claymore
04-10-2012, 04:57 PM
So you didn't like the 2 QB's who won and you liked the 1 QB who didn't win....Interesting perspective.

Of course you are leaving out that Cutler rated Bronco fans as a 6...Nowhere did Tebow take shots at the fans on the way out (Of course both are going to praise their new fanbase, nothing wrong with that).

I take what cutler said and tebow said equally as bad. Cutlers shit has been reported and stated over and over though. Both Plummer and Tebow demanded a whopping 4th rounder in a trade. We know what we got for Cutler, and multiple teams were offering.

Its not just me that likes Cutler more. He is far better than either plummer or Tebow, its not even arguable.

Plummer is a career loser, and Tebow hasnt started a full season. SO neither of those phags are winners.

claymore
04-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Hillis is a bad person? like in what way?

The only thing I can think of is hitting on McD's wife.

dogfish
04-10-2012, 05:09 PM

i like how king just drops in outta the blue and punches claytard right in the face. . . :lol:

Northman
04-10-2012, 05:29 PM

You dont know him personally dude. Please. lmao

vandammage13
04-11-2012, 08:10 AM
I take what cutler said and tebow said equally as bad. Cutlers shit has been reported and stated over and over though. Both Plummer and Tebow demanded a whopping 4th rounder in a trade. We know what we got for Cutler, and multiple teams were offering.

Its not just me that likes Cutler more. He is far better than either plummer or Tebow, its not even arguable.

Plummer is a career loser, and Tebow hasnt started a full season. SO neither of those phags are winners.

I was responding to the fact you said you liked Orton....

claymore
04-11-2012, 08:19 AM
I was responding to the fact you said you liked Orton....

I like Orton as a backup QB, and he seems to be a good dude. I didnt like him as our starting QB. Never did.

BroncoNut
04-11-2012, 08:20 AM
this character assasination has got to stop

BigDaddyBronco
04-11-2012, 09:31 AM
i like how king just drops in outta the blue and punches claytard right in the face. . . :lol:

Someone needs to do it. Claymore hates Broncos QB's that win playoff games.

BroncoWave
04-11-2012, 09:54 AM
You dont know him personally dude. Please. lmao

:lol: :lol: :lol: The fish are biting today!

Chef Zambini
04-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Doesn't have to be breaking news. The article talked about how accurate our current QB is, and how amazed Decker was about how precise he is on his PASSING. If you weren't around, or haven't heard, the biggest criticisms of our past QB was the accuracy of his throws, and just how BAD of a passer he was. HENCE, the immediate comparisons from Manning to Tebow. Its simple and its natural.

If you don't like the comparisons of this year's QB to last year's QB, then I would suggest you stop reading the message boards, newspapers, internet blogs, magazines, and any scrolling text at the bottom of the TV. I wouldn't listen to any sports talk radio, or sports shows about football.

These are two of the biggest names in football. One has a big name because of his football skills, and the other has a big name because of outside his football skills. The comparisons will NOT stop for a VERY long time, no matter what they do. Just wait until the first time Tebow rushes for a TD.
BINGO !
tyhe 3 biggest stories from last year, will remain big stories this year, all season long.
manning
tebow
saints
coincidentally, manning is a new orleans native, making him relevant to all 3.
the comparisons wont go away, the hype wont go away.
tebow now plays his home games in the same stadium occupied by mannings brother.
decker didnt mention tebow, he didnt have to.