PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Blade- 360

Shazam!
04-25-2009, 01:21 AM
Ryu Hyabusa who?

He can run on walls, dive off buildings and helicopters, ride on missiles and the wings of jets, slice and dice his enemies, use magic, has blazing speed, devastating combos and an arsenal of weapons, kills giant monsters with ease and has brutal finishers just like a certain other famed Ninja in gaming lore... This Ninja is Ken Okawa, and he is theoretically the first Ninja in gaming that is comparable to Hyabusa (Ninja Gaiden). I wonder if it is inspired by Ryu/Ken ala Street Fighter that both Ninjas in their respective games are named after the legendary fighting game's cover characters.

The title has something to do with his Sword (Ryu's Dragon Sword? lol) but I haven't uncovered that part of the story yet.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/Ninja_Blade.jpg

This game is pretty cool and it is clear it's either inspired, a tribute, or an outright rip-off of NG. The story is nonsensical but it doesn't have to even be coherent in a game like this. It's all about action. When you're not moving about the city and jumping off roofs slaying hordes, you're facing HUGE bosses and real time events in button-triggered cutscenes. They were going for a cinematic angle here, while it isn't original it works great. There are some pretty memorable over the top moments.

The graphics are very good but since the sense of scale is so huge at times against the mega-sized Godzilla-like bosses the environments you fight them in lack some depth and could be better. His movements are smooth, he is easy to control and combos are relatively easier to pull off than NG.

It is clearly a poor man's NG, hence all the comparisons. It isn't as good as either, but it doesn't have to be. If you never played NG it'd probably be a great, great game to you and gotten more attention.

Can be recommended to fans of action games and NG. I like it.

6.5/10.