PDA

View Full Version : Important: BroncosForums will be offline tonight due to move to new server - click for details

Tned
04-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Tonight's the night. We will be moving BroncosForums.com to the new, much faster server.

Here is what to expect.

The move is scheduled to begin around midnight (Eastern time) Saturday night. The server will go offline at this time.
The final data move (some has already been moved) will take 1-3 hours
Once the new server is online, it will take anywhere from 2 to 24 hours before your ISP's DNS is updated so that when you type BroncosForums.com that it goes to the new IP address/new server
When the data migration to the new server is completed, we will bring the old server back up with a message that the server has moved, and giving a temporary link (using the IP address) that you can use to access BroncosForums while the DNS information is updated

If all goes well, for the vast majority of you, by early to mid Sunday morning you should be able to access BroncosForums.com as you always have. Unfortunately, some ISPs don't honor DNS refresh times associated with the domain and for those it will take longer. That's why I will provide a link with the IP address as a backup.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but this should result in BroncosForums running faster and having much more headroom for growth.

Northman
04-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the update Tned.

NightTrainLayne
04-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Good timing. Broncos forums will be resurrected on Easter Morn.

Nomad
04-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Good timing. Broncos forums will be resurrected on Easter Morn.

Good one.....now go to confession:lol:

Thanks for all your hard work, Tned!

Dapper Dan
04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for all your hard work, Tned!

Ditto!

Dapper Dan
04-07-2012, 12:49 PM
In other news, my 7 round, 32 team mock draft should be posted right before the server switch. :P

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Question - probably a stupid one, but I will ask it anyway - since I have Broncos Forums bookmarked, when everything is complete, will my bookmark take me to Broncos Forums, like like always?

Tned
04-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Question - probably a stupid one, but I will ask it anyway - since I have Broncos Forums bookmarked, when everything is complete, will my bookmark take me to Broncos Forums, like like always?

Yes. In the beginning, it might take you to the old server. You will know that because their will be a notice posted stating that the server has been moved and you won't be able to post. Once you no longer see that message, using your normal bookmark, then that means everything is good to go.

sneakers
04-07-2012, 07:40 PM
I guess this Caturday night I shall post cats on Broncomania

Canmore
04-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I guess this Caturday night I shall post cats on Broncomania

I'm sure they will love it.

Tned
04-08-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm waiting for the data center techs to start migrating the site to the new server. They are running behind, as it was supposed to begin an hour ago.