PDA

View Full Version : Another Sanchez rumor

dogfish
04-24-2009, 10:02 PM
i kinda thought this one deserved its own thread as it's something a little different and very recent, but if you guys want to merge it i won't act all repressed and start a town hall thread crying about it or anything. . . . :listen:

anyways, take it for what it's worth:

Broncos’ Interest In Sanchez Is Pure Smokescreen
Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2009, 10:25 p.m.

It’s becoming widely believed in league circles that the Denver Broncos have no actual interest in USC quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Earlier this week, offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and G.M. Brian Xanders went to California for a meeting and a workout with Sanchez.

As one source put it, the Broncos seemed to be going out of their way to make it known that Xanders would be attending. Coach Josh McDaniels ultimately didn’t attend, supposedly due to a migraine. There is some skepticism as to whether he was unable to go, or whether he simply opted not to tie up an entire day in the hopes of perpetuating a ruse.

McDaniels has made it clear that they won’t be trading the No. 12 and No. 18 overall picks for a chance to move into the top ten. But he hasn’t ruled out packaging a non-first-rounder with the No. 12 selection in order to move into the lower reaches of the top ten, if Sanchez slips.

Current thinking is that the Broncos won’t be doing any such thing, and that they possibly are simply attempting to ensure that Sanchez will be picked before No. 12, which then will help to force farther down the board one of the players whom the Broncos actually covets.

honz
04-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Basically, it's just like every draft...nobody know what the hell is gonna happen and it's pretty much all speculation!

dogfish
04-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Basically, it's just like every draft...nobody know what the hell is gonna happen and it's pretty much all speculation!

pretty much. . . . :lol:

at least this particular piece of speculation pleases me. . . .

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 10:08 PM
i hate sanchez!!!!!!!! no no no no no no!!! im going to slash tires in my neighborhood....

Shazam!
04-24-2009, 10:11 PM

That's why I don't pay much attention to any of this crap until Draft day to see what the Broncos will do.

No Sanchez.

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 10:16 PM
i hate sanchez!!!!!!!! no no no no no no!!! im going to slash tires in my neighborhood....

:eek: I......hope.........you..........don't.........liv e..........near..........me.

Stay.............away..............from........... my...............car :werd:

nevcraw
04-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Maybe the smokescreen was created to smokescreen the smokescreen..

underrated29
04-24-2009, 10:20 PM

Thats also going to the list!

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Maybe the smokescreen was created to smokescreen the smokescreen..

Or this smokescreen was to cover the other smokescreen...wait that's not smoke.....it's a farty-gas trail :tsk:

Lonestar
04-24-2009, 10:32 PM
it seemed in the press conference that he was adamant about using the 12-18 to change drafting positions.. and it sounded like he wanted D as a priority..

time will tell..

shank
04-24-2009, 10:39 PM
finally a rumor i can get behind.

jrelway
04-24-2009, 11:19 PM
smokescreen or not. say no to sanchez.

Chris90210
04-25-2009, 06:41 AM
smokescreen or not. say no to sanchez.

agreed lets pick up USC's backup QB instead:lol:

BroncoJoe
04-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Interesting development - if true: from nfl.com

Things have been overly crazy today, with information overload that entails a lot of deciphering and massaging.

I am in St. Louis at Rams Park for the draft this weekend, and chatter has been flying all over the place.

One thing that could be legit or be a ploy (it is interesting, if nothing else): The Rams, who hold the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, have purchased a plane ticket for USC QB Mark Sanchez to fly from Los Angeles to St. Louis on Sunday, when the team plans to introduce its top selection.

While the Rams have bought a ticket (hopefully, it’s refundable), they might not select Sanchez.

The thinking emanating from a lot of folks around here is that St. Louis will select Baylor OT Jason Smith. The Rams need to find a left tackle to replace veteran Orlando Pace, who was released in a cost-cutting move.

The Rams could be trying to generate some trade interest in keeping Sanchez’s name out there, but for a team that has won just five games in two seasons, drafting wisely would be prudent, to say the least.

Nonetheless, the plane ticket for Sanchez is intriguing.

– Steve Wyche

Nomad
04-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Interesting development - if true: from nfl.com

According to an article in pft, if they did buy a plane ticket before the Lions signed Stafford, they may be in trouble according to NFL rules and policies!!!:noidea:

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I know this is purely speculation on my part.... but I don't think McDaniel's ego would allow him to draft a first round QB no matter who was there. I don't think he wants to deal with the repercussions of trading away Jay only to turn around and spend a first round pick on a QB.

Much like the Chiefs last season after trading away their DE. To trade him away, then turn around and spend a first on the same position that you JUST got rid of... PISSES fans off in a BIG way.

So I see the same thing here.

Ravage!!!
04-25-2009, 09:18 AM
According to an article in pft, if they did buy a plane ticket before the Lions signed Stafford, they may be in trouble according to NFL rules and policies!!!:noidea:

Buying a ticket isn't an infraction unless they actually extended an invite or had him come there. Meaning...if they claim the 'purchase' of the ticket was leaked, and they didn't invite said player.... there is no infraction.

Thats like I can buy a car, but you can't claim it was a gift unless it was actually GIVEN. Until then, its purely a purchase and nothing more.

nevcraw
04-25-2009, 10:48 AM
I know this is purely speculation on my part.... but I don't think McDaniel's ego would allow him to draft a first round QB no matter who was there. I don't think he wants to deal with the repercussions of trading away Jay only to turn around and spend a first round pick on a QB.

Much like the Chiefs last season after trading away their DE. To trade him away, then turn around and spend a first on the same position that you JUST got rid of... PISSES fans off in a BIG way.

So I see the same thing here.

and that could be his undoing..