PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2012 Predictions (for the 3 or 4 people that care)

CoachChaz
04-06-2012, 09:57 AM
AL MVP - Albert Pujols
AL CY YOUNG - Jared Weaver
AL ROY - Matt Moore

AL East - NY Yankees
AL Central - Detroit Tigers
AL West - LA Angels
Wild Cards - Texas Rangers, Boston Red Sox

NL MVP - Joey Votto
NL CY YOUNG - Cliff Lee
NL ROY - Devin Mesoraco

NL East - Atlanta Braves
NL Central - Cincinnati Reds
NL West - Arizona D-backs
Wild Cards - Philadelphia Phillies, St. Louis Cardinals

ALCS - Yankees - Tigers
NLCS - Phillies - Braves

World Series - Yankees beat Braves

Thnikkaman
04-06-2012, 10:41 AM
My Purple Tinted Outlook:

AL MVP - Albert Pujols (Just can't think of anyone who will beat him out right now)
AL CY YOUNG - Felix Hernandez
AL ROY - Yu Darvish

AL East - TB Rays
AL Central - Detroit Tigers
AL West - Texas Rangers
Wild Cards - Angels, Yankees (Angels win the play in game)

NL MVP - Carlos Gonzales
NL CY YOUNG - Kershaw
NL ROY - Nolan Arenado

NL East - Washington Nationals
NL Central - St. Louis Cardinals
NL West - Colorado Rockies
Wild Cards - San Francisco Giants, Philladelphia Phillies

ALCS - Rays - Rangers
NLCS - Rockies - Giants

World Series - Rangers beat Rockies

CoachChaz
04-06-2012, 11:12 AM
You're such a homer.

Pujols is going to destroy in that division

Thnikkaman
04-06-2012, 11:14 AM
You're such a homer.

Pujols is going to destroy in that division

I'm a total homer. I realistically think CarGo has a chance at the MVP, but I give the Rox ~ 45% chance of winning the division.

MOtorboat
04-06-2012, 11:35 AM
AL MVP - Miguel Cabrera
AL CY YOUNG - Justin Verlander
AL ROY - Matt Moore

AL East - Rays
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - LA Angels
Wild Cards - Yankees, Red Sox

NL MVP - Ryan Howard
NL CY YOUNG - Josh Johnson
NL ROY - Devin Mesoraco

NL East - Phillies
NL Central - Reds
NL West - Giants
Wild Cards - Marlins, Rockies

ALCS - Tigers over Rays
NLCS - Phillies over Reds

World Series - Tigers over Phillies

Medford Bronco
04-24-2012, 01:30 PM
What ab kemp as mvp. He is on fire.

As a dodger fan i am shocked by their start so far

Thnikkaman
04-24-2012, 01:51 PM
What ab kemp as mvp. He is on fire.

As a dodger fan i am shocked by their start so far

Kemp will come back down to earth.

Medford Bronco
04-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Kemp will come back down to earth.

Sorry but he was great last year as well. He is not hitting 400 but coul hit 350 and have 40 hr and 125 rbi as he basically did that last yr

I know rocky fan hate dodgers but give
Some credit at least

Thnikkaman
04-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Sorry but he was great last year as well. He is not hitting 400 but coul hit 350 and have 40 hr and 125 rbi as he basically did that last yr

I know rocky fan hate dodgers but give
Some credit at least

Kemp has a career split of .297/.354/.507
I'm just saying that he is going to regress back towards that. Especially when he starts facing some better pitching.

CoachChaz
04-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Kemp has a career split of .297/.354/.507
I'm just saying that he is going to regress back towards that. Especially when he starts facing some better pitching.

Just coming into his prime and he has a little more help from Ethier. I dont see .400, but I dont know if .330 to .350 is out of his realm.

Thnikkaman
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Just coming into his prime and he has a little more help from Ethier. I dont see .400, but I dont know if .330 to .350 is out of his realm.

If I were a Dodger's fan, I'd be happy if he kept is Ops up around the .800 level. Again, we're 20 games into a 162 game season, pitchers are going to figure him out. We'll see how he does after he deals with that kind of adversity.

You guys are acting like I'm saying he's only going to have a 1 WAR season. I expect that he will finish at 4-5, he's just not going to finish at .350/.600/1.000 this year.

CoachChaz
04-30-2012, 03:40 PM
If I were a Dodger's fan, I'd be happy if he kept is Ops up around the .800 level. Again, we're 20 games into a 162 game season, pitchers are going to figure him out. We'll see how he does after he deals with that kind of adversity.

You guys are acting like I'm saying he's only going to have a 1 WAR season. I expect that he will finish at 4-5, he's just not going to finish at .350/.600/1.000 this year.

I dont think it's reasonable to expect the OPS to stay in the stratospere, but I still think he can put up a bigger AVG than in the past. No...I dont think the power numbers will continue at this pace, but the hitting could.

Other than a few Giants and D-Backs...he isnt exactly in a pitching rich division.

Thnikkaman
04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
I dont think it's reasonable to expect the OPS to stay in the stratospere, but I still think he can put up a bigger AVG than in the past. No...I dont think the power numbers will continue at this pace, but the hitting could.

Other than a few Giants and D-Backs...he isnt exactly in a pitching rich division.

But San Diego, LA, and SF are all pitchers parks. And what if Ethier gets hurt again (I think he's a little fragile), who's going to protect him in the batting order?

CoachChaz
04-30-2012, 04:19 PM
But San Diego, LA, and SF are all pitchers parks. And what if Ethier gets hurt again (I think he's a little fragile), who's going to protect him in the batting order?

Which is why I'll buy into him hitting .330 before I buy into him hitting 45-50 homers.

Not sure I buy into the "lineup protection" theory to begin with. Only reason I mentioned Ethier is because he is pulling some of the load as well and it's not ALL up to Kemp.

I know it's your right to dislike all other NL West players...but somethimes reality bites.

Thnikkaman
04-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Which is why I'll buy into him hitting .330 before I buy into him hitting 45-50 homers.

Not sure I buy into the "lineup protection" theory to begin with. Only reason I mentioned Ethier is because he is pulling some of the load as well and it's not ALL up to Kemp.

I know it's your right to dislike all other NL West players...but somethimes reality bites.

I'm trying to figure out where I'm disliking other NL West players. I'd love to have a line-up of Matt Kemp, Eithier, Tulo, Cargo, Helton, Sandoval, Posey, and <insert the least inept 2nd baseman in the NL West here> on the Rockies every day. And how is saying that Kemp is going to have a 4-5 WAR season hating?

Oh sorry, I just saw that he posted a 10.0 WAR season last year. I still don't think that is sustainable, but he can prove me wrong

Medford Bronco
04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Kemp hit 326 last season and had 39 HR and 126 RBI. He was awesome on a sucky team. They look better now. I expect him to hit about 40 HR 125 RBI and a 330 average.
I do agree, he is not hitting 400 or even 375 but what I said is possible. He is a stud.

Thnikkaman
05-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Kemp hit 326 last season and had 39 HR and 126 RBI. He was awesome on a sucky team. They look better now. I expect him to hit about 40 HR 125 RBI and a 330 average.
I do agree, he is not hitting 400 or even 375 but what I said is possible. He is a stud.

He could very well hit 40 Homers this year. But I don't see him finishing at a 10 WAR again. However after last nights game, I can see him consistently finishing at a 5-6 WAR a year for the next few years.

CoachChaz
05-01-2012, 08:06 AM
He could very well hit 40 Homers this year. But I don't see him finishing at a 10 WAR again. However after last nights game, I can see him consistently finishing at a 5-6 WAR a year for the next few years.

Could be even better once Magic and Co. can spend some money and get some additional talent in there. Imagine if Kemp had more people to drive in

Thnikkaman
05-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Could be even better once Magic and Co. can spend some money and get some additional talent in there. Imagine if Kemp had more people to drive in

Lets just see how he does after the Month of April. I am worried that the Dodgers are suddenly going to become the Yankees East. I'm just hoping it's the version of the Yankees that spend big bucks on players who are on the down slopes of their career, and they don't go anywhere.

CoachChaz
05-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Lets just see how he does after the Month of April. I am worried that the Dodgers are suddenly going to become the Yankees East. I'm just hoping it's the version of the Yankees that spend big bucks on players who are on the down slopes of their career, and they don't go anywhere.

I have my doubts that you are "worried". lol

Obviously the guy will fall off in production. I just think he has the potential to be better than what we've seen.

Thnikkaman
05-01-2012, 08:18 AM
I also meant Yankees west.

CoachChaz
05-01-2012, 08:19 AM
I also meant Yankees west.

I figured as much