PDA

View Full Version : Broncos want another RB regardless of Knowshon Moreno's condition

Slick
04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Today's question about the Broncos comes from Bobby Heidrich:

Q: I think a quiet player so far in the headlines has been Knowshon Moreno. Are (the Broncos) going to continue with him or draft a running back?

A: Bobby, part of that is by design given that Moreno did make one set of headlines this offseason the team wasn't all that thrilled about.

In early February, he was arrested and charged with DUI, failing to have insurance and careless driving. Police clocked him driving a Bentley 70 mph through a construction zone on Interstate 25 with a posted speed limit of 45.

Read more: Broncos want another RB regardless of Knowshon Moreno's condition - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20334960/denver-broncos-want-another-rb-regardless-knowshon-morenos#ixzz1rGt6bC77
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20334960/denver-broncos-want-another-rb-regardless-knowshon-morenos

Northman
04-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Totally understandable.

Ravage!!!
04-06-2012, 10:05 AM
I don't care about his driving infraction. But I certainly hope we go with another RB because of Moreno's lacking

broncofaninfla
04-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Does anybody know what this scrub is due to make this season? He's a wasted roster spot IMO. I think we need 2-3 more Rb's at this point. Knowshon has been a major dissapointment to date.

CoachChaz
04-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Keep him on the roster for competition purposes. If he wakes up and realizes the situation, maybe he produces more. If he plays part time and produces like he has when healthy, then he's a worthy back-up

underrated29
04-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Does anybody know what this scrub is due to make this season? He's a wasted roster spot IMO. I think we need 2-3 more Rb's at this point. Knowshon has been a major dissapointment to date.

Major disappointment, yes.
waste of a roster spot. Not even close. He could be like sproles (one of the best 3rd down backs in the league). He could be like addai was with indy- only better. Addai didnt do to bad. So no, he is not even close to a waste of a roster spot as long as he doesnt hurt his vagina again. If he does that, then yes, we might as well re sign ryan torain. we can get a full year out of the both of them.

broncofaninfla
04-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Hopefully having a QB of Mannings caliber will open things up for the running game and Moreno will finally start producing. I agree, I do see some similarities with Adai in terms of style I just hope that translates on the field. Regardless we'll need some more RB's for compitition and depth. He'll never be the back I'd hoped he would be but maybe he can be an effective role guy under Manning and the new offense.

SOCALORADO.
04-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Cut him and do a sign and trade for JStew.
Knowshow sucks. Hes always sucked and he always will suck.
And i am just talking about him as a football non-player.
The guy is plain slow. Period. He has NO vision whatsoever.
And he couldnt break a takle to save his life.
Huge bust pick, and a complete waste of a roster spot.
More importantly, coninuing to claim he will eventually come around
and constantly defend this no talent assclown is getting old.
He sucks and has done nothing. and now his off the field, idiot
choices only highlight what a waste of space he really is.
Cut him and move on.

jhildebrand
04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Draft a RB anywhere but the first! Unless Trent Richardson falls all the way to #25 which we all know wont happen. EVER.

tomjonesrocks
04-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Another vote for cut the POS. Another horrible pick and decision by the man who was the worst thing ever to happen to this franchise.

Npba900
04-06-2012, 11:55 AM

Here's his complete contract/salary:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/knowshon-moreno/

SpringsBroncoFan
04-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Cut him and move on.

Normally I'd agree but he's only a 1.6 mil cap hit this year & 2.5 mil next year. Problem is the $ is guaranteed both years & even some into 2014 I believe. Whoever gave him that contract should be shot!

2nd problem I believe is that Carolina raised their price to a 2nd so everyone said no and they decided to keep him. Forte would be worth a 2nd but re-signing him would be tricky with our cap.

With this report I don't see how we can afford not to take his replacement with a 2nd or 3rd & use a 4th or 5th for a possible McGahee replacement.

Cugel
04-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Does anybody know what this scrub is due to make this season? He's a wasted roster spot IMO. I think we need 2-3 more Rb's at this point. Knowshon has been a major disapointment to date.

Here's what he's making:

8/7/2009: Signed a five-year, $16.7 million contract.The deal contains $13.125 million guaranteed, including a second-year roster bonus of $3.775 million. (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/den/broncos) Another $6.3 million is available through incentives. The Broncos can exercise an option year in 2014 by paying Moreno $5.08 million. 2012: $855,000, 2013: $1.7 million, 2014: Club Option, 2015: Free Agent

I'd be upset at reading what a total waste of money this stiff is, but he was drafted by McMoron, so what does anybody expect? By the start of next season there won't be ONE Broncos left on the entire roster who was drafted or signed by McMoron, except perhaps Ayers. EFX is quickly running them out of town and for good reason.

An intelligent GM could have drafted Brian Orakpo and Clay Matthews instead of Moreno and Ayers. But, if he had done that, McMoron would probably still have a job, so looking on the bright side, at least his failures got him shipped out of town before we wasted any MORE years on him.

So at least now we have Manning instead of Tebow and Orton, and Miller instead of whatever useless scrub McMoron would have drafted with that pick.

SOCALORADO.
04-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Normally I'd agree but he's only a 1.6 mil cap hit this year & 2.5 mil next year. Problem is the $ is guaranteed both years & even some into 2014 I believe. Whoever gave him that contract should be shot!

2nd problem I believe is that Carolina raised their price to a 2nd so everyone said no and they decided to keep him. Forte would be worth a 2nd but re-signing him would be tricky with our cap.

With this report I don't see how we can afford not to take his replacement with a 2nd or 3rd & use a 4th or 5th for a possible McGahee replacement.

1st as to to Moreno. F-it, cut him and move on, hes a cancer now. I dont care
about the money.
2nd, as to JStew, i see CAR simply playing ball and trying to get as much as possible
for him, however i think he will be a draft day trade. CAR will ask for a 2nd up until
then, but by the draft they will end up taking a 3rd.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
1st as to to Moreno. F-it, cut him and move on, hes a cancer now. I dont care
about the money.
2nd, as to JStew, i see CAR simply playing ball and trying to get as much as possible
for him, however i think he will be a draft day trade. CAR will ask for a 2nd up until
then, but by the draft they will end up taking a 3rd.

I have no problem cutting the idiot once we have a replacement via trade or in the draft. No problem with Stewart for a 3rd & 4th...

Superchop 7
04-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Get L James and be done with Moreno.

Simple Jaded
04-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Just like Goodman, cutting Moreno might actually cost money against the cap. Makes sense to keep him and use him as a 3rd down back. With the new offense they might be able to get some use out of him. That is, like U29 said, assuming his vaginosis doesn't flare up again.......

Canmore
04-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Just like Goodman, cutting Moreno might actually cost money against the cap. Makes sense to keep him and use him as a 3rd down back. With the new offense they might be able to get some use out of him. That is, like U29 said, assuming his vaginosis doesn't flare up again.......

Why would you assume that his vaginosis wouldn't flare up again?

bcbronc
04-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Won't surprise me to see EFX select Doug Martin at #25. He'd step in as the #1, Willis providing a physical change of pace, and Moreno versatility out of the backfield.

Simple Jaded
04-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Why would you assume that his vaginosis wouldn't flare up again?

I wouldn't, but he'll probably be on the Broncos payroll whether he's on the active roster, another teams roster or IR.......or another teams IR.

Or even none of the above.......

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-07-2012, 06:41 PM
That article was nothing more than stating the obvious, except for the fact that I disagree about the Broncos taking a RB in the mid rounds. I think they'll take one in the first 3 rounds.

Softskull
04-07-2012, 07:50 PM

Major disappointment, yes.
waste of a roster spot. Not even close. He could be like sproles (one of the best 3rd down backs in the league). He could be like addai was with indy- only better. Addai didnt do to bad. So no, he is not even close to a waste of a roster spot as long as he doesnt hurt his vagina again. If he does that, then yes, we might as well re sign ryan torain. we can get a full year out of the both of them.

Agreed. I expect a breakout with Manning at the helm. We still will need more RBs regardless of what Moreno does.

MOtorboat
04-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Count me as one who doesn't want James.

bcbronc
04-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Count me as one who doesn't want James.

Just curious as to why? I don't watch a ton of NCAA ball, but I live in PAC 12 country so I've seen as much of the Oregon Ducks as any other team over the past couple of years. LMJ just makes plays. I'd love to add him in the 4th, maybe even the 3rd depending on how the draft has shaken out at that point.

ShaneFalco
04-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Trade up for TRich. Back like that only comes around every few years.

MOtorboat
04-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Trade up for TRich. Back like that only comes around every few years.

Don't have the ammo to do it, nor should they. That would be a ridiculous thing to do for the Broncos.

MOtorboat
04-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Just curious as to why? I don't watch a ton of NCAA ball, but I live in PAC 12 country so I've seen as much of the Oregon Ducks as any other team over the past couple of years. LMJ just makes plays. I'd love to add him in the 4th, maybe even the 3rd depending on how the draft has shaken out at that point.

I suppose for a fairly low pick, maybe, but I think he's just along the lines of Noel Devine. A scout darling who draftniks fall in love with as a sleeper, and he's really just not that good.

ShaneFalco
04-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Don't have the ammo to do it, nor should they. That would be a ridiculous thing to do for the Broncos.

not really if they consider trading moreno for like a 4th or 5th. They could stack those picks onto the deal. along with the jets 3rd.

Simple Jaded
04-08-2012, 05:32 PM
The Jets still have their 3rd and nobody is gonna give a draft pick for Moreno.......

MOtorboat
04-08-2012, 05:32 PM
not really if they consider trading moreno for like a 4th or 5th. They could stack those picks onto the deal. along with the jets 3rd.

Um.

Still not enough. You don't just throw in an extra fifth rounder to move up 20 spots in the first round.

Simple Jaded
04-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Um.

Still not enough. You don't just throw in an extra fifth rounder to move up 20 spots in the first round.You can't even make that trade on Madden.......

PAINTERDAVE
04-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Cut him and move on.

Orakpo.

shank
04-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Orakpo.

good point.

MOtorboat
04-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah. They could have taken Larry English.

Ooof, and you guys think Moreno is bad...

ShaneFalco
04-08-2012, 06:33 PM
orakpo.

painterdave from the other boards :) hi friend. One of the few whose posts i liked on the official forums!

Um.

Still not enough. You don't just throw in an extra fifth rounder to move up 20 spots in the first round.

tru, but it really depends where he goes. Do you think Cleveland is taking him? or he will drop to around the 10th -15th picks.

Moreno is good, he just cant stay healthy, no point in having that :(

btw we have the jets 4th or 3rd? im confused now.

SOCALORADO.
04-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Um.

LOL! Ah yes, its Monday!
All the Madden drafters are out in full force i see!

And i agree, LaLamicheal james blows.
DEN needs to either get JStew in a trade, which i personally think is gonna happen draft day, or just go get Doug Martin.

Nomad
04-09-2012, 08:53 AM
LOL! Ah yes, its Monday!

DEN needs to either get JStew in a trade, which i personally think is gonna happen draft day, or just go get Doug Martin.

Speaking of that Madden game, I read somewhere that Cam Newton was the next to be cursed.

Chef Zambini
04-09-2012, 08:54 AM
did somebody just compare know-show to sproles/
SHAME OPN YOU!
this punk has already been paid 7 million dollarsw! anyone think he is worth that?
more like a tenth of what he has been paid!
if we cut him. we take a huge cap hit, thats the only reason this worthless pile of shit is still on the roster! MAYBE, with tuten gone he can get healthy, but he has terrible vision and balance, any hiot below the knees and he tumbles like a bowling pin.
he is NOt the worst thing tpo ever happen to this franchise, however, that title will always be held by JMCD! short of a player death, JMCD is the worst thing to happen to our broncos in its 52 year history !
looking at his contract it says 13 mill guaranteed....
so we appear to be on the hook for Mr. no-show! fans should boo his ass and erect billboards asking him to turn himself in for grand larceny !

SOCALORADO.
04-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Orakpo.

Matthews.

Jsteve01
04-09-2012, 09:22 AM
LOL! Ah yes, its Monday!

I loved Stewart coming out, but he's a guy that has literally had nagging injuries since the day he was drafted. During the draft process is was the foot. The past 4 years it's been everything else. He scares the hell out of me. I'd rather just pick up Martin.

SOCALORADO.
04-09-2012, 09:35 AM
I loved Stewart coming out, but he's a guy that has literally had nagging injuries since the day he was drafted. During the draft process is was the foot. The past 4 years it's been everything else. He scares the hell out of me. I'd rather just pick up Martin.

Sounds good. I dont think he will be there at #57 though.