PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey embraces increased expectations following Broncos’ signing of Peyton Manning

Canmore
04-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Although Champ is always politically correct, I found this article interesting.

Champ Bailey has warned his Denver Broncos teammates not to waste the “golden opportunity” they have been presented with thanks to the arrival of Peyton Manning.

The 11-time Pro Bowl cornerback believes Manning’s introduction gives the Broncos a genuine chance at challenging for a Super Bowl title, but only if the squad lives up to its potential and starts to adopt a tougher mentality.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiPNjIgBG92B_MBULAnHlIJDubYF?slug=ro-rogers_champ_bailey_broncos_peyton_manning_040512

Northman
04-06-2012, 07:23 AM
You can just see the hunger in Champ's attitude now.

claymore
04-06-2012, 07:38 AM
So excited about this team. Elway has done a fantastic job, and I hope... We can make a push in the playoffs. Champ deserves it.

SOCALORADO.
04-06-2012, 08:00 AM
The simple fact that Champ is still playing at a Pro Bowl level is a testament to him as a "Pro's Pro".
He deserves a ring more than any other player in the NFL. And DEN needs to get him one, dammit.

Northman
04-06-2012, 08:18 AM
The simple fact that Champ is still playing at a Pro Bowl level is a testament to him as a "Pro's Pro".
He deserves a ring more than any other player in the NFL. And DEN needs to get him one, dammit.

If he can last like Darrell Green that would be epic.

skins_fan82
04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Champ has always been a classy guy. Love his attitude. Even though Cllinton Portis had some GREAT years for the Redskins, I still wish we never traded Champ to the Broncos.

Npba900
04-06-2012, 09:11 PM
So excited about this team. Elway has done a fantastic job, and I hope... We can make a push in the playoffs. Champ deserves it.

Champ deserves a ring that's for sure. I can in-vision Bowlen holding up the SB Trophy and yelling--"THIS ONES FOR CHAMP!!!!

Npba900
04-06-2012, 09:20 PM
If he can last like Darrell Green that would be epic.

If he can play the next 6 years he will be wealthy beyond his dreams. He could retire as the most highest paid CB. Has anyone seen the contract--salary he has received over his long career.

Champs stands to make $128.0 million from 1999-2015 over a 17 year career! Not bad Champ...not bad.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/champ-bailey/

DenBronx
04-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Champ has always been a classy guy. Love his attitude. Even though Cllinton Portis had some GREAT years for the Redskins, I still wish we never traded Champ to the Broncos.

I was sad when we traded Portis. He could have pushed over the edge in our Plummer years and got us further then the AFCCG. Too bad we couldnt have just traded away our 1st rounders for two years and had both.

But I love me some Champ Bailey. One of the most classy dudes that has ever wore orange and blue but is also an outstanding CB. Hopefully we get him that ring soon because it is more than deserved. This ones for Champ!!!

wayninja
04-07-2012, 02:55 AM
I'll believe the hype when I see it. The turmoil and investment better be worth it. We better not be a early playoff loser for a few years only to go back to 2008.

Simple Jaded
04-07-2012, 03:07 AM
I'll believe the hype when I see it. The turmoil and investment better be worth it. We better not be a early playoff loser for a few years only to go back to 2008.What turmoil? What hype? It's only April.......

dogfish
04-07-2012, 03:08 AM

if you're actually being serious, i want to give you a giant man-hug-- but if you're ****ing around, i want to kick you in the nads a thousand times. . .

we know how much you like champ. . . :tsk:

You can just see the hunger in Champ's attitude now.

anyone who questions the dude's competitiveness simply doesn't understand champ. . . this has nothing to do with him taking the company line, and everything to do with him being a real leader-- he's sick of wasting his sweat and guts on loser teams, you can see it killing him every year. . . he was so stoked just to get a shot last year, this time he knows what the stakes are. . . he's just putting it out there for everybody-- time to be a pro and earn your money, we're not ****ing around in denver any more. . . ownership and the front office are all in, it's time for every athlete to match that. . . win or lose, champ doesn't want to be the only one leaving his guts out there this time around. . .

Northman
04-07-2012, 06:19 AM
time to be a pro and earn your money, we're not ****ing around in denver any more. . . ownership and the front office are all in, it's time for every athlete to match that. . . win or lose, champ doesn't want to be the only one leaving his guts out there this time around. . .

Indeed.

broncobryce
04-07-2012, 01:36 PM

So now Champ's blessing is NOT the kiss of death?

broncobryce
04-07-2012, 01:39 PM
He is probably the one guy I would love to see get a ring out of everybody. He's been loyal to the Broncos and is a pro's pro.

wayninja
04-07-2012, 10:16 PM
What turmoil? What hype? It's only April.......

Is hype and turmoil banned in April? I must have this team confused for another that just signed the biggest FA of all time.

C'mon. Don't play dumb. We had the worst season in franchise history in 2010. We had a 'lucky' season and got to the playoffs where we supposedly had no business being last year. Now we are superbowl contenders. What hype? Seriously?

We traded away the most popular athlete in the world after a winning season. What turmoil? Really?

I know liking Tebow on this board is a bit unpopular, but I think it's been fairly solidly established that he was well liked by the majority of the Broncos fanbase. You don't put your second string QB on the cover of your periodicals in order to sell season tickets, after all.

I'll quickly become a believer and say 'what turmoil?' too, as soon as I see us winning and Manning staying healthy. I'm cautiously optimistic, but hardly as confident as a lot of others around here.

As for the sentiment of this thread, **** yeah Champ deserves it. I don't care what it takes, the dude needs a ring.

Simple Jaded
04-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Is hype and turmoil banned in April? I must have this team confused for another that just signed the biggest FA of all time.

C'mon. Don't play dumb. We had the worst season in franchise history in 2010. We had a 'lucky' season and got to the playoffs where we supposedly had no business being last year. Now we are superbowl contenders. What hype? Seriously?

We traded away the most popular athlete in the world after a winning season. What turmoil? Really?

I know liking Tebow on this board is a bit unpopular, but I think it's been fairly solidly established that he was well liked by the majority of the Broncos fanbase. You don't put your second string QB on the cover of your periodicals in order to sell season tickets, after all.

I'll quickly become a believer and say 'what turmoil?' too, as soon as I see us winning and Manning staying healthy. I'm cautiously optimistic, but hardly as confident as a lot of others around here.

As for the sentiment of this thread, **** yeah Champ deserves it. I don't care what it takes, the dude needs a ring.Replacing the worst passer in the league with one of the best passers on the planet is not turmoil, it's common sense. There isn't a single coach, scout or FO exec in the NFL that would think otherwise. Josh McDaniels started Ortom over Tebow, you don't think he'd jump at the chance at signing Manning after the way Tebow has played as a starter? Every team in the hunt for Manning had far better QB's than the Broncos, I wonder why you didn't hear about their fans whining about what it meant to their QB's. The Broncos just signed a garbage backup QB that can hit routes that Tebow still can't and yet one of the bigger discussions on this forum is drafting his replacement. Turmoil? Way to be, there, drama queen.

And if the Broncos got to within 2 games of the SB with absolute garbage for a passing game it's not hyperbole to say this team should be considered SB contenders, especially in the AFC.

This does not require your believing to be reality.

Btw, I like how 2010 is only Orton's fault when it suits the Tebow fringe.......