PDA

View Full Version : We can only hope...

xzn
04-24-2009, 05:21 PM
... that Charles Davis, of NFL.com is right about his final mock draft :listen:

In his version we get Aaron Curry and Brian Cushing!! :salute:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80ff491d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

MOtorboat
04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Aaron Curry?

No way...no way he drops...and aren't Curry and Cushing virtually the same type of player, its just that Curry is better.

We need to nab at least one defensive lineman in the first round, imo, but of course, if it plays out how he sees it, there won't be any d-lineman available.

So, if we somehow did get Curry at 12, in that scenario, then I honestly, wouldn't mind going offense at No. 18.

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Brian Cushing = Glass = Stay away from him

That would be amazing if Curry fell to us.

xzn
04-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Aaron Curry?

No way...no way he drops...and aren't Curry and Cushing virtually the same type of player, its just that Curry is better.

We need to nab at least one defensive lineman in the first round, imo, but of course, if it plays out how he sees it, there won't be any d-lineman available.

So, if we somehow did get Curry at 12, in that scenario, then I honestly, wouldn't mind going offense at No. 18.

You know what Missouri, I actually agree with that take!

If we already had Curry, or more realistically Cushing, at 12 I'd love to get Knowshon or Beanie with 18.

We fans all seem to have consensus that D-line is the biggest need but in most up to date scenarios BJ and Tyson will both be gone when we pick so I think we need to just try and get two players who will START even if it's not the biggest weakness.

We still have 8 more picks in the draft to find D-line and more LB help.

xzn
04-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Brian Cushing = Glass = Stay away from him

That would be amazing if Curry fell to us.

Uninformed take. Cushing has not missed a game in two years and his injuries are not chronic or to the same part of his body.

He is a rock solid top 15 pick.

Dortoh
04-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Curry @12 and either Knowshon or Wells @ 18

=

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/wrist-injury.jpg

xzn
04-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Curry @12 and either Knowshon or Wells @ 18

=

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/wrist-injury.jpg

Sorry to be slow on the uptake, but what is that picture supposed to mean?

Dortoh
04-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Sorry to be slow on the uptake, but what is that picture supposed to mean?

I would do sexually inappropriate things :shocked:

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 05:42 PM
it really wouldnt make sense to take 2 OLB's in round one. Both guys are not really pass rushers either. Why not just go inside for Rey Maualuga at 18?

Our linebackers would look like this:

Curry/DJ/Rey/Boss or Doom

i also wouldnt mind moreno at 18....i just think his stock has risen and he will go shortly after 12 and not make it to 18. moreno is going to come in day 1 and play at a high level.

turftoad
04-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Aaron Curry?

I think if we draft Cushing, he plays MLB for us.

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 05:43 PM
how in the hell is a late tyson jackson who was projected as a late 1st rounder in everyones latest mock at #3 overall?

Dortoh
04-24-2009, 05:44 PM
how in the hell is a late tyson jackson who was projected as a late 1st rounder in everyones latest mock at #3 overall?

I still say he falls to us @12 and we are happy to get him.

dogfish
04-24-2009, 06:03 PM

although they both have the versatility to line up outside, i think both curry and cushing would be ideally suited inside in the 3-4. . . . i don't see any way curry slips all the way to #12, but patrick willis did last to #10, and i think willis was a better prospect than curry. . . if we did get curry, in the scenario presented in this mock i'd take knowshon at #18, no hesitation. . . .

Superchop 7
04-24-2009, 06:10 PM
If they got Curry I would become the leader of the Josh McDaniels fan club.

Moreno will be there at 18......chill.

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 06:12 PM
who would cost more to sign, raji or curry?

id say curry because he went on record saying he is looking for jake long money. he would of course have no choice but to take less money if he slipped out of the top 8 but i think his contract would be more than rajis.

Lonestar
04-24-2009, 06:12 PM
... that Charles Davis, of NFL.com is right about his final mock draft :listen:

In his version we get Aaron Curry and Brian Cushing!! :salute:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80ff491d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

1. Lions Matthew Stafford QB Georgia Matthew Stafford
Begin to build with the man who wants to lay the "Bobby Layne ghost" to rest.

Matthew Stafford: Combine highlights | Vignette | Draft journey

» Lions: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Rams Jason Smith OT Baylor Jason Smith
Love the nasty streak ... could also be Eugene Monroe ... it's that close!

Jason Smith: Combine highlights | First draft | Vignette

» Rams: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE LSU Aaron Curry
Surprise! Most of us had Aaron Curry locked at this spot.

Tyson Jackson: Combine highlights | First draft | Vignette | Exclusive interview

» Chiefs: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

4. Seahawks Mark Sanchez QB USC Eugene Monroe
The heir apparent to Matt Hasselbeck.

Mark Sanchez: Combine highlights | First Draft | Vignette | Pro day interview

» Seahawks: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

5. Browns Brian Orakpo DE/LB Texas Brian Orakpo
Comparison to Vernon Gholston may "scare" them toward B.J. Raji ... or they could go with Michael Crabtree.

Brian Orakpo: Combine highlights | First draft | Vignette | Exclusive interview

» Browns: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

6. Bengals Eugene Monroe OT Mississippi Andre Smith
Bengals thought he would be gone. Instead, Carson Palmer does a happy dance in the Queen City.

Eugene Monroe: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Bengals: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

7. Raiders Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri Jeremy Maclin
Fast, shifty and can return kicks.

Jeremy Maclin: Combine highlights | Vignette | Pro day

» Raiders: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

8. Jaguars Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech Michael Crabtree
Would love to trade out of this slot, but Crabtree appropriately fits the No. 1 WR mold.

Michael Crabtree: Vignette

» Jaguars: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room
Pick Team Player Pos. School Previous pick
9. Packers B.J. Raji DT Boston College Malcolm Jenkins
Need a big boy in the middle of new defensive coordinator Dom Capers' 3-4.

B.J. Raji: Combine highlights | Vignette | D-line demo

» Packers: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

10. 49ers Andre Smith OT Alabama Mark Sanchez
Would have loved a quarterback, but the Outland Trophy winner from Alabama cannot be passed over.

Andre Smith: First draft | Vignette | Exclusive interview

» 49ers: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

11. Bills Michael Oher OT Mississippi Everette Brown
Loss of Jason Peters elevates the Ole Miss tackle.

Michael Oher: Combine highlights | First draft | Vignette

» Bills: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

12. Broncos Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest B.J. Raji
Quite possibly the best player in the draft slips to Denver.

Aaron Curry: Combine highlights | First draft | Vignette | Exclusive interview

» Broncos: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

13. Redskins Robert Ayers DE Tennessee Tyson Jackson
Fastest rising defender in the draft -- one-year wonder helps the defense.

Robert Ayers: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Redskins: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

14. Saints Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio State Brian Cushing
"Thumper" from Ohio State helps offensive juggernaut.

Chris "Beanie" Wells: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Saints: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

15. Texans Malcolm Jenkins CB/S Ohio State Vontae Davis
Pair him opposite Dunta Robinson.

Malcolm Jenkins: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Texans: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

16. Chargers Rey Maualuga LB USC Rey Maualuga
Defensive coordinator Ron Rivera loves the USC terror.

Rey Maualuga: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Chargers: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room
17. Jets Josh Freeman QB Kansas State Josh Freeman
New coach Rex Ryan may want a defender and running back may be a consideration, but the K-Stater is highly regarded.

Josh Freeman: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Jets: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

18. Broncos Brian Cushing LB USC Aaron Maybin
Broncos try to fortify defense.

Brian Cushing: Combine highlights | Vignette | Exclusive interview

» Broncos: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

19. Buccaneers Peria Jerry DT Mississippi Peria Jerry
Buccaneers look to defense with quarterbacks off the board. Vontae Davis will merit strong consideration.

Peria Jerry: Vignette

» Buccaneers: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

20. Lions Evander "Ziggy" Hood DT Missouri Michael Oher
In a year light on defensive tackles, the Lions seek to help their interior defense.

Evander "Ziggy" Hood: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Lions: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

21. Eagles Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia Knowshon Moreno
Brian Westbrook, meet your new running mate, and he's a lot like you.

Knowshon Moreno: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Eagles: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

22. Vikings Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland Percy Harvin
Vikings would love Percy Harvin, but off-field concerns lead them to the Maryland speedster.

Darrius Heyward-Bey: Combine highlights | First draft | Vignette

» Vikings: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

23. Patriots Clay Matthews LB USC Clay Matthews
Smart, dependable and great bloodlines.

Clay Matthews: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Patriots: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

24. Falcons Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State Brandon Pettigrew
A gift for Matt Ryan. But consideration will be given to defense, maybe Clint Sintim. (Editor's note: Charles Davis' mock draft was conceived before the Tony Gonzalez trade occurred. Davis selected Pettigrew based on one of the Falcons' major needs.)

Brandon Pettigrew: Combine highlights | First draft | Vignette

» Falcons: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room
25. Dolphins Larry English DE Northern Illinois Kenny Britt
Need suggests wide receiver, but the Dolphins also need an edge rusher and the MAC star had 31.5 career sacks in college.

Larry English: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Dolphins: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

26. Ravens James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State James Laurinaitis
Plug him in next to Ray Lewis. Wide receiver help will also be considered.

James Laurinaitis: Combine highlights | First draft | Vignette

» Ravens: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

27. Colts Percy Harvin WR Florida Evander "Ziggy" Hood
Excellent veteran structure and leadership helps the Colts take the Florida playmaker.

Percy Harvin: Combine highlights | First draft | Vignette | Exclusive interview

» Colts: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

28. Bills Aaron Maybin DE Penn State Eben Britton
Super edge-rusher has the best first step in the draft.

Aaron Maybin: Combine highlights | First draft

» Eagles: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

29. Giants Kenny Britt WR Rutgers Darrius Heyward-Bey
If there is no deal for Braylon Edwards, then the Rutgers star will stay in his home state.

Kenny Britt: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Giants: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

30. Titans Everett Brown DE/LB Florida State Robert Ayers
Looking to help veteran defensive ends with a pass-rusher who may stand up.

Everette Brown: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Titans: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

31. Cardinals Donald Brown RB Connecticut Chris "Beanie" Wells
A 2,000-yard runner in college takes "The Edge" off.

Donald Brown: Combine highlights | Vignette

» Cardinals: Draft Tracker | Fan War Room

32. Steelers Vontae Davis CB Illinois William Beatty
This player is talented. The Steelers need offensive line help, but gamble that Davis will mature.

Vontae Davis: Combine highlights | Vignette

Tned
04-24-2009, 06:13 PM
who would cost more to sign, raji or curry?

id say curry because he went on record saying he is looking for jake long money. he would of course have no choice but to take less money if he slipped out of the top 8 but i think his contract would be more than rajis.

More than likely, they will cost about the same. The contracts typically have more to do with where they are picked, then the player themselves.

topscribe

Curry would help me to feel a little bit better about things.

But, after Cutler, it will take me a long, long time to consider joining McDaniels' fan club . . .

-----

DenBronx

why? we had 12 before he was here. landing curry at 12 has nothing to do with how good a coach he is. thats called luck.

Lonestar
04-24-2009, 06:15 PM

But, after Cutler, it will take me a long, long time to consider joining McDaniels' fan club . . .

-----

did you listen to his Press conference today.. you might like him more..

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 06:15 PM

-----

getting into the playoffs in 2010 would help. if no playoffs are reached in 2011 then i think he's on his way out.

topscribe
04-24-2009, 06:45 PM
did you listen to his Press conference today.. you might like him more..

I did. Nice talk. Just talk, but nice talk.

-----

SmilinAssasSin27
04-24-2009, 06:55 PM
No way Curry lasts to us. I will say though, I am liking more and more the thought of Maybin in Denver. He'd be big enough to play 3-4 OLB when it's all said and done and dude is explosive. I still want Raji or TJax more...funny hot full the TJax bandwagon is, huh?

Those who have TJax at #3 to KC also admit that KC really wants to trade back a few spots and then get him.

MOtorboat
04-24-2009, 08:07 PM

He'd be playing behind D.J. and Andra Davis, along with other players, too...Boss if healthy. If we drafted a LB, like Curry, at 12, then the Cushing pick would be almost worthless.

xzn
04-24-2009, 11:38 PM
I would do sexually inappropriate things :shocked:

I kinda thought it might be some sort of carpal tunnel deal... :eek:

shank
04-24-2009, 11:40 PM
http://www.stanford.edu/group/squash/USC%20Logo.jpg

Do Not Want

xzn
04-24-2009, 11:46 PM
He'd be playing behind D.J. and Andra Davis, along with other players, too...Boss if healthy. If we drafted a LB, like Curry, at 12, then the Cushing pick would be almost worthless.

I think Elvis is perfect for the WOLB, Joker, role.

DJ is an ideal WILB, much similar to his best position in a 4-3 as the "Will".

Andra and Boss would be the strong side guys I see right now, before the draft.

If we got Curry, Orakpo, Cushing or Rey I think that they would start ahead of Andra or Boss. If we somehow got two elite LBs, like this thread is supposing, I think Andra and Boss would both be gathering splinters on the bench.

That said, I do agree with you that if we got a stud defensive player at 12 and Moreno was available at 18 I loves me some Knowshon! :D

xzn
04-24-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.stanford.edu/group/squash/USC%20Logo.jpg

Do Not Want

Why:confused:

shank
04-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Why:confused:

i have so little interest in any of them. rey is a 2 down backer, matthews and cushing are both suited for the 4-3 and they are all kind of douche-bags.

xzn
04-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Did you see the Ohio St. game by chance? Rey can drop into coverage. Believe me I've seen all of his games, not just regurgitating scouting reports.

As for them being "douche bags", what is that even supposed to mean? You don't like their long hair? You don't like people from SoCal? You hate the Trojans? You're a Notre Dame or UCLA fan?

Perhaps you could be a bit more specific than just dropping a played out put down...

shank
04-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Did you see the Ohio St. game by chance? Rey can drop into coverage. Believe me I've seen all of his games, not just regurgitating scouting reports.

As for them being "douche bags", what is that even supposed to mean? You don't like their long hair? You don't like people from SoCal? You hate the Trojans? You're a Notre Dame or UCLA fan?

Perhaps you could be a bit more specific than just dropping a played out put down...

i don't have to be mike mayock to recognize a douchebag. that's my opinion, ignore if you want, but:

i feel that rey is a 2 down backer, and the other two are best suited for a 4-3.

xzn
04-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Tell the truth, how much have you seen any of them play?

You are just repeating what you read in a scouting report.

BTW, define "douch bag" as it pertains to a scouting evaluation of universally recognized top twenty draft prospects. We all know the literal definition, but I am unclear on your usage of the term as it relates to elite defensive players from a renowned institution of higher education also known as modern day Linebacker "U".

shank
04-25-2009, 12:13 AM

BTW, define "douch bag" as it pertains to a scouting evaluation of universally recognized top twenty draft prospects. We all know the literal definition, but I am unclear on your usage of the term as it relates to elite defensive players from a renowned institution of higher education also known as modern day Linebacker "U".

i'm no draftnick and not a huge college football fan, but i've seen all three play. it is my 100% sincere, honest opinion that rey is a 2-down backer, and that the other two are best suited to play in a 4-3 defense. how many times do i have to type this in how many threads, bro?

and i implore you to realize that the term 'douchebag' is a subjective term, of which i feel that all three of the players in question fit the description quite well. if you like dudes like that, then that's cool. there's a lot of douchebags out there man, you don't have to defend *cough* all of them.

xzn
04-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Okay, at least you admit that you don't know what you're talking about and just have made a hasty conclusion based on a poor population sample.

I'm still curious why you don't like all four USC players. I'm taking it your just a redneck buzz cut type of guy who judges people by the length of their hair.

BTW, I am a clean cut insurance agent myself, but I guess I'm a little more open minded to people's appearances.

shank
04-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Okay, at least you admit that you don't know what you're talking about and just have made a hasty conclusion based on a poor population sample.

I'm still curious why you don't like all four USC players. I'm taking it your just a redneck buzz cut type of guy who judges people by the length of their hair.

BTW, I am a clean cut insurance agent myself, but I guess I'm a little more open minded to people's appearances.

you're ******* ridiculous.

xzn
04-25-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll refrain from name calling. You might want to try the same. That's how we got into this conversation. But go ahead and keep mindlessly name calling.

Anyway, I gotta go take the dog for a walk so I'll check this thread out later. Hopefully some people with actual takes and knowledge will contribute by the time I come back.

dogfish
04-25-2009, 12:53 AM

ya know, i've never really understood the whole "you're just going off of scouting reports, you haven't seen them play" angle. . . enh, who cares! there's nothing wrong with adding your own opinion, but neither you, nor i nor shank or anyone else on this board outside of coach and dean (as far as i know) has any kind of professional scouting experience. . . so what's wrong with leaning on the opinions of the guys who actually get paid to do it?

please keep the personal shit out of it. . . calling players names is one thing-- they're public figures and thus open to criticism-- but ridiculing other posters is generally frowned on by T and the moderator staff. . . . it's clear that you like the SC guys, and i'm assuming that you're probably a fan of the team, but there's no need to take it personally if other people don't like them. . .

xzn
04-25-2009, 01:17 AM
ya know, i've never really understood the whole "you're just going off of scouting reports, you haven't seen them play" angle. . . enh, who cares! there's nothing wrong with adding your own opinion, but neither you, nor i nor shank or anyone else on this board outside of coach and dean (as far as i know) has any kind of professional scouting experience. . . so what's wrong with leaning on the opinions of the guys who actually get paid to do it?

please keep the personal shit out of it. . . calling players names is one thing-- they're public figures and thus open to criticism-- but ridiculing other posters is generally frowned on by T and the moderator staff. . . . it's clear that you like the SC guys, and i'm assuming that you're probably a fan of the team, but there's no need to take it personally if other people don't like them. . .

I don't recall asking for your opinion or see how this concerns you. I asked shank to clarify what he meant, which he has done finally on another thread.

As for actually seeing someone play I am in no way a professional scout but I do feel like a know something about football after watching it pretty intently for close to thirty years and being involved with coaching youth football for the last seven. Does that make me anything close to a scout? Of course not. But I do know a thing or two and have a more informed opinion on players that I have seen play personally than I do on players I have not seen or only seen once or twice.

I am a Broncos fan who gets to see USC games because of where I live. I see lots of PAC-10 games, but also a pretty good amount of SEC and Big XXII games. I don't feel like I know as much about many players from the ACC, Big East or Big Ten since it's less often their games are televised in southern California.

There's nothing wrong with reading scouting reports but there's added value in having "watched tape" on a prospect yourself.

bcbronc
04-25-2009, 01:23 AM
I don't recall asking for your opinion or see how this concerns you. I asked shank to clarify what he meant, which he has done finally on another thread.

yeah dog, **** jerk.

xzn, you're my new favourite poster!

:beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Don't believe Rey is worth #12 because I don't see him as a three down player in the NFL. Plays were funneled to him in the USC defense and his responsibilities were made a lot easier than they will be in the NFL. He takes poor angles and often goes for the big hit instead of using proper tackling technique. He was not asked to drop into coverage often, and has very little experience doing it. FWIW, his interceptions are not indicative of him being "sound" in coverage either. I also don't believe he has what it takes on a mental level to become a quality professional football player. Some guys can tear it up in college and just fail to make it in the NFL; and the mental aspect of it is certainly a big reason for that. He is often undisciplined on the field and has character concerns that need to be addressed.

Rey is a first round guy, but I don't know if he is top fifteen material. I wouldn't be against him at #18 if all other quality options are exhausted.

shank
04-25-2009, 01:29 AM

i said like 3-4 times WHY i don't want to draft the USC backers, but you were hung up on the fact that i like none of them as people. i gave you sufficient reason to end the discussion long ago.

i honestly didn't even know about the white nation facebook group. i thought that all three of them were d-bags before i found that, i just was lucky enough to find something substantial enough for you to back the hell off and accept that i don't like the same time of people that you do.

thanks dog for interjecting, i appreciate that someone else was up late enough to see what happened. and xzn, i'll take a professional scouting report's information, combined with my limited self gathered information over your opinion. if the proven draftnicks on the board were marching in support of these guys like you are, then maybe i'd reanalyze... only problem is, every football mind on these boards that i have grown to trust don't seem to be big fans of the USC backers either.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Well Shaw, XZN can't be as awesome as people like us. There are those who lead and those who are led. Aren't you familiar with Lenin? ;)

bcbronc
04-25-2009, 01:37 AM
Well Shaw, XZN can't be as awesome as people like us. There are those who lead and those who are led. Aren't you familiar with Lenin? ;)

he's the one that sang "Give Peace a Chance" right?

shank
04-25-2009, 01:38 AM
i have so little interest in any of them. rey is a 2 down backer, matthews and cushing are both suited for the 4-3 and they are all kind of douche-bags.

i don't have to be mike mayock to recognize a douchebag. that's my opinion, ignore if you want, but:

i feel that rey is a 2 down backer, and the other two are best suited for a 4-3.

i'm no draftnick and not a huge college football fan, but i've seen all three play. it is my 100% sincere, honest opinion that rey is a 2-down backer, and that the other two are best suited to play in a 4-3 defense. how many times do i have to type this in how many threads, bro?

and i implore you to realize that the term 'douchebag' is a subjective term, of which i feel that all three of the players in question fit the description quite well. if you like dudes like that, then that's cool. there's a lot of douchebags out there man, you don't have to defend *cough* all of them.

i did in the other thread. i don't need a laundry list to drop guys down my board.

did all three of them sign your hat at a charity event or something?

i would NEVER be happy spending a 1st round pick on anything short of a 3 down defensive player. i also would be royally pissed to see McD spend a 1st rounder on a guy who doesn't fit our defense.

i'm getting snappy, because i've been drinking, but can we stop this now?

(i'm not a ucla fan, i'm a colorado native and was a buff, but in all honesty i don't care much about college football until it comes time for the NFL draft).

yeah, i never said why i didn't want to draft them... every one of these posts, containing legitimate reason to not draft a player, came BEFORE i did a 6 second google search for 'clay matthews douche' and found that story about him being racist. THAT's what it took for xzn to accept my argument :coffee:

dogfish
04-25-2009, 01:39 AM
yeah dog, **** jerk.

xzn, you're my new favourite poster!

:beer:

quiet you silly canadian!

:lol:

XZN, this is an open discussion in a public forum, i don't need an invitation to voice my opinion. . . . in any case, this is silly, so i'm done with this thread until it gets back on topic. . . .

Requiem / The Dagda
04-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Shaw, you can't have your own opinion!

xzn
04-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Don't believe Rey is worth #12 because I don't see him as a three down player in the NFL. Plays were funneled to him in the USC defense and his responsibilities were made a lot easier than they will be in the NFL. He takes poor angles and often goes for the big hit instead of using proper tackling technique. He was not asked to drop into coverage often, and has very little experience doing it. FWIW, his interceptions are not indicative of him being "sound" in coverage either. I also don't believe he has what it takes on a mental level to become a quality professional football player. Some guys can tear it up in college and just fail to make it in the NFL; and the mental aspect of it is certainly a big reason for that. He is often undisciplined on the field and has character concerns that need to be addressed.

Rey is a first round guy, but I don't know if he is top fifteen material. I wouldn't be against him at #18 if all other quality options are exhausted.

I agree with most of this, at least with the worth the 18 but not the 12 part.

I disagree on his being at least servicable in coverage, although I'd see him being more of a SILB thumper type who would do better in short area drops to the hook zone or flat. I agree that he is not the type of player who can really get into a deep Tampa Two type drop and would go off the field in nickle packages. I think he's third among the USC guys for those reasons. Cushing and Matthews are much better in coverage and have more experience doint it.

As for overpursuing I don't recall many times where I said to myself, "oh look Rey missed a tackle", more like, "holy heck he tore another guys head off!" :shocked:

shank
04-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Shaw, you can't have your own opinion!

if taint xzn's opinion, taint right. gooch.

xzn
04-25-2009, 10:42 AM
My opinion is that THE RAIDERS SUCK