PDA

View Full Version : Denver Shopping Moss & Crowder

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 04:19 PM
This is old news from a couple of days ago, and I'm surprised that it hasn't been posted yet :lol:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/sources-chiefs-trying-to-trade-down/

In addition, I’ve also learned that the Denver Broncos are shopping defensive ends Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder.

Moss, a second year veteran out of the University of Florida, has only started 1 game in the past two seasons. In addition, Moss only amassed 12 tackles in 2008, according to NFL.com.

Crowder, a second year vet out of the University of Texas, only appeared in 19 total games for the Broncos since being drafted.

More on these stories as they develop.

(I hope it wasn't posted :eek:)

EMB6903
04-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Crowder is a bum... what a horrible pick that was

I still have faith in Jarvis though.. I hope we give him a chance to compete in this 3-4 scheme.

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Crowder is a bum... what a horrible pick that was

I still have faith in Jarvis though.. I hope we give him a chance to compete in this 3-4 scheme.

The other way around :lol:

Jarvis Moss is garbage.

Tim Crowder has all the physical tools you would drool for in a Defensive End, he just needs some good coaching....but he's only a 4-3 defensive end IMO.

He's too big and slow to play OLB in a 3-4, but too small to play DE in a 3-4.

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Good catch Lynch...I never saw that report.

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Good catch Lynch...I never saw that report.

I saw it on Wednesday I think, and then I got back here today and I was like "What the hell?" Why isn't it posted? :lol:

Makes a good discussion IMO.

JKcatch724
04-24-2009, 04:26 PM
What are we looking to get in return? A 30 pack of Bud Light?

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Well if they are shopping them..maybe they are indeed looking to get fresh young(er) talent at their spots!

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 04:28 PM
What are we looking to get in return? A 30 pack of Bud Light?

That would be a gift. I'd say a 6 pack of Miller Lite.

EMB6903
04-24-2009, 04:29 PM
The other way around :lol:

Jarvis Moss is garbage.

Tim Crowder has all the physical tools you would drool for in a Defensive End, he just needs some good coaching....but he's only a 4-3 defensive end IMO.

He's too big and slow to play OLB in a 3-4, but too small to play DE in a 3-4.

I wouldnt say Jarvis is garbage... I think he played great against Miami this year... he shut down that wild cat with Ronnie Brown.

Jarvis Moss was never cut to play with his hand in the ground in the first place.. I think if we let him develop as a 3-4 linebacker where he can use his athletisism he can be a productive starter in this league... you gotta have patience with defensive lineman... esspecially when in the first year playing he breaks his leg and is set back for an entire year..

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I wouldnt say Jarvis is garbage... I think he played great against Miami this year... he shut down that wild cat with Ronnie Brown.

Jarvis Moss was never cut to play with his hand in the ground in the first place.. I think if we let him develop as a 3-4 linebacker where he can use his athletisism he can be a productive starter in this league... you gotta have patience with defensive lineman... esspecially when in the first year playing he breaks his leg and is set back for an entire year..

I don't see Moss' value anywhere. I agree that he was never cut out to be a Defensive End in the NFL, but he doesn't hold up well at the point of attack, and since he's so damn tall he can easily get cut down with a cut-block.

He's garbage IMO.

and Moss didn't shut down the wild cat with Ronnie Brown by his own, it was Marcus Thomas, Dewayne Robertson, Elvis Dumervil, Eb Ekuban, AND Jarvis Moss...

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 04:32 PM
i wonder what we could get for those 2.

JKcatch724
04-24-2009, 04:32 PM
That would be a gift. I'd say a 6 pack of Miller Lite.

12 pack of Pabst and we'll call it a deal

underrated29
04-24-2009, 04:33 PM
IT HAS been posted. But thats cool, we dont have the nazi police here to make you get on your knees for a double post.

Plus its very pertinent to have on the main page with the draft 23:31:49 sec away

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 04:33 PM
12 pack of Pabst and we'll call it a deal

That might be too high of an asking price for both Moss and Crowder :lol:

How about a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe? Sounds like fair value to me...

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:40 PM
That might be too high of an asking price for both Moss and Crowder :lol:

How about a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe? Sounds like fair value to me...

:tsk:

They aren't quite that bad. :D

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 04:48 PM
:tsk:

They aren't quite that bad. :D

You're right. Moss and Crowder to Tampa Bay for a BRAND NEW stick of spearmint gum. That's fair value...

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
You're right. Moss and Crowder to Tampa Bay for a BRAND NEW stick of spearmint gum. That's fair value...

Ok...you are getting close....throw in a piece of Bubble Yum and it's done....Ink it! :lol:

underrated29
04-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Ok...you are getting close....throw in a piece of Bubble Yum and it's done....Ink it! :lol:

i DONT KNOW about bubble yum.

I think we get better value out of Big league Chew.

Dirk
04-24-2009, 05:04 PM
i DONT KNOW about bubble yum.

I think we get better value out of Big league Chew.

Even better! :D

turftoad
04-24-2009, 05:06 PM
I saw it on Wednesday I think, and then I got back here today and I was like "What the hell?" Why isn't it posted? :lol:

Makes a good discussion IMO.

I posted it in another thread about OLB's but didn't start a thread about it cuz we were already talking about it. :salute:

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 05:13 PM
I posted it in another thread about OLB's but didn't start a thread about it cuz we were already talking about it. :salute:

Sorry man. My bad.

turftoad
04-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Sorry man. My bad.

No, don't sweat it. It does deserve it's own thread. I just didn't start one because we were already discussing it. :beer:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-24-2009, 07:03 PM
No one is trading for them.

Bill Devaroe
04-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Maybe we could tade sheff moss and crowder for Ocho Cinco and Cinci's #6
3 forst rounders, that would be radicval,

Bill Devaroe
04-24-2009, 07:26 PM
since shef is a 2nd Jarvis a first and crowder is a 2 I think the draft valuie chart would make sense

underrated29
04-24-2009, 07:30 PM
since shef is a 2nd Jarvis a first and crowder is a 2 I think the draft valuie chart would make sense

Billy boy. Honestly. HOw do you remember where all these players were drafted, yet you can not make a sentence without completely butchering the spelling of everything beside i, is, and the.

Not trying to be mean here, just trying to understand. Are you a savant?

Bill Devaroe
04-24-2009, 07:35 PM
I just love the broncos. Not to good at typing and speling Plus I have had a few wiskeys!!1 : )

underrated29
04-24-2009, 07:35 PM
I just love the broncos. Not to good at typing and speling Plus I have had a few wiskeys!!1 : )

Fair enough.:cool:

nevcraw
04-24-2009, 08:18 PM
i wonder what we could get for those 2.

2 cigarette butts wrapped in a bloody tampon..

2Fity@The303
04-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Moss was a Jim Bates pick, he thought he'd could turn him into the next Jason Taylor...I remember when we traded up for him and Kiper went nuts- for good reason, we could of stayed where we were and had him @ 21. I was never excited about the pick....

(I did have semi-high hopes for Crowder though...)

nevcraw
04-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Moss was a Jim Bates pick, he thought he'd could turn him into the next Jason Taylor...I remember when we traded up for him and Kiper went nuts- for good reason, we could of stayed where we were and had him @ 21. I was never excited about the pick....

(I did have semi-high hopes for Crowder though...)

For all the draft and FA failures of the Shanny era, DL was by far the worst.. They could not get anything work.. How could not one guy since 98 not work out.. insane....

MOtorboat
04-24-2009, 09:13 PM
So, any word on them not talking to management, and demanding that a trade go through?

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 09:14 PM

:rolleyes:

I'm sure we could get a 2nd for Scheffler, a 1st for Moss, and a 2nd for Crowder. /sarcasm off.

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 09:14 PM
So, any word on them not talking to management, and demanding that a trade go through?

Glad to see that you won't let the Cutler thing go.

You're basically looking for a fight. You can leave peacefully.

MOtorboat
04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Glad to see that you won't let the Cutler thing go.

You're basically looking for a fight. You can leave peacefully.

I hope we get something for them. I doubt if anyone offers much more than a 6th round pick at this point. They've proven nothing.

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 09:21 PM
I hope we get something for them. I doubt if anyone offers much more than a 6th round pick at this point. They've proven nothing.

Moss have proven that he can get man-handled by NFL lineman.

Crowder hasn't gotten much of a chance to prove anything considering the fact that Shanny didn't let him play much.

MOtorboat
04-24-2009, 09:21 PM

Crowder hasn't gotten much of a chance to prove anything considering the fact that Shanny didn't let him play much.

I agree, I don't see how it's possible that we can even trade them for anything, when they, frankly, should just be released...

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 09:23 PM
I agree, I don't see how it's possible that we can even trade them for anything, when they, frankly, should just be released...

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Crowder was released. He's purely a 4-3 defensive end. He doesn't fit into the 3-4 because he offers no versatility. He's too slow to be a OLB, but too small to play DE in a 3-4.

As for Moss...well...I really don't know why we traded up to get him :tsk: Jim Bates guy...

rcsodak
04-25-2009, 03:43 AM

So Shanny, in his infinite wisdom, decided not to let the better players onto the field?

I somehow think even JR would call BS on that statement. :tsk:

As for the 'trade' rumor....

....some coaches/FO's use this format to elevate the play of players.

Guess we'll see. :coffee: