PDA

View Full Version : A 2nd gets Boldin

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 04:07 PM
The Cards have reported that they are willing to reduce the trade demands for Boldin from a 1st round draft choice to a 2nd round draft choice. This leads me to believe they want him dealt on draft day so they can in return draft a WR in round 1 or 2. Unlike Edwards in Cleveland the Cards have tipped their hand on what they would take for Boldin.

Boldin would be fine with me for only a 2nd if we went Defense with 12 and 18. How could you really stop this offense with Boldin, Marshall, Royal with the air attack?However I highly doubt the Broncos would make this move. Boldin would want a hefty contract and I have concerns that Marshall might buck up about it with him now having a new deal yet.

honz
04-24-2009, 04:11 PM
We can't pay Boldin, Marshall, Royal, Graham, and Scheff...plus WR is probably our strongest position. I'd much rather grab a NT, LB, or DB in the 2nd round.

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM
I would jump on that trade in a minute...a 2nd only for Boldin? That's crazy!

JKcatch724
04-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Boldin is a baller. Won't happen though...

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 04:30 PM
we would have to move someone. sheff could be traded to a team like kc or cleveland. i'm hearing thats he is wanting up to 8 mill a year on a long term contract. hey....id pay it for touchdowns.

id go after him before i paid the same for braylon edwards.

Superchop 7
04-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Somebody is gonna jump all over this deal.

Got your ears on Chicago ?

Hawgdriver
04-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Boldin for a 2nd? And he's still available? If the Broncos can manage the cap space this would be excellent.

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:34 PM
we would have to move someone. sheff could be traded to a team like kc or cleveland. i'm hearing thats he is wanting up to 8 mill a year on a long term contract. hey....id pay it for touchdowns.

id go after him before i paid the same for braylon edwards.

Most definately. Boldin is a beast IMO. I think he got shell shock when Fitz kept staying in the lime light. WRs are all divas, they somewhat need to be.

Hell, I would grab Boldin...shop BMarsh and get another 1st round pick..:salute:

That is if they could afford it. :coffee:

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:35 PM
That is of course if BMarsh could get us a 1st rounder......damn domestic violence crap!

dogfish
04-24-2009, 04:41 PM
shit. . . . SOOOO tempting. . . .

anquan is a major badass, a real hardnosed football guy that plays wide receiver the way a lot of guys play linebacker. . . he's highly productive, dangerous in the red zone and he blocks downfield. . . . great pickup for that price, but we really have so many more immediate needs than adding another front-line receiver. . . i'd probably say, somewhat reluctantly, that we shouldn't go after him-- but i'd take him over braylon edwards every day of the week and twice on sunday, and i won't cry if we do get involved. . . . don't think it's likely, though. . . .

Hawgdriver
04-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't know how well it would work with BMarsh and Boldin on the field together. In theory it sounds great--less attention to B Marsh = more looks for both. But lately it seems these guys are cancer when they don't each have 100 receptions a season. But I wouldn't be surprised to see an offense that can get Boldin, Marshall, and Royal the ball a lot.

If you knew you could pick up a receiver in the 2nd round that would be as good as Boldin, you would be retarded not to take him. The only issue is the money in my mind.

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:46 PM
If you knew you could pick up a receiver in the 2nd round that would be as good as Boldin, you would be retarded not to take him. The only issue is the money in my mind.

Exactly! :beer:

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Most definately. Boldin is a beast IMO. I think he got shell shock when Fitz kept staying in the lime light. WRs are all divas, they somewhat need to be.

Hell, I would grab Boldin...shop BMarsh and get another 1st round pick..:salute:

That is if they could afford it. :coffee:

thats what i was thinking too but marshall draws too much attention to himself. as much as i like him he could really end up hurting the team....your not valuable sitting at home suspended. thats something boldin doesnt do...he doesnt get in any off field trouble. maybe the broncos would be wise to see if they want to trade straight across.

boldin to me makes the most sense for the bears. they need a wr and they have a 2nd rounder still. boldin is much like marshall and would make a great target for cutler.

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 04:53 PM
I don't know how well it would work with BMarsh and Boldin on the field together. In theory it sounds great--less attention to B Marsh = more looks for both. But lately it seems these guys are cancer when they don't each have 100 receptions a season. But I wouldn't be surprised to see an offense that can get Boldin, Marshall, and Royal the ball a lot.

well if i remember correctly the pats didnt become so explosive until they over loaded their wr group. im not saying we should do this but we would instantly have the best wr group in the nfl. orton would look like a god.

underrated29
04-24-2009, 04:53 PM
i also doubt it but..... The pats did trade for moss when they had gaffney, welker,chad jax, gabriel, the ugly guy with the huge eyes, and someone else.

albeit it was a 4th, but still....it happened.

Just saying.

dogfish
04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
the titans are another team that's going to be veeeeery interested. . . . they've been looking for a quality NFL receiver forever, and boldin's toughness would play very well on a physical team like tennessee. . . i would also expect the G-men to be burning up AZ's phone. . . they need a big target to replace plex, and they have an extra second. . . . and san fran and chicago are both possible destinations. . . .

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
i also doubt it but..... The pats did trade for moss when they had gaffney, welker,chad jax, gabriel, the ugly guy with the huge eyes, and someone else.

albeit it was a 4th, but still....it happened.

Just saying.

moss for a 4th. i still cant believe they got him for that.

if bolding gets traded for a 2nd then what does this do for ocho stinko and edwards?

remember, last year the bengals turned down 2 first for chad johnson. dumb move on their part. they could have easily got boldin this year and edwards.

Dortoh
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
shit. . . . SOOOO tempting. . . .

anquan is a major badass, a real hardnosed football guy that plays wide receiver the way a lot of guys play linebacker. . . he's highly productive, dangerous in the red zone and he blocks downfield. . . . great pickup for that price, but we really have so many more immediate needs than adding another front-line receiver. . . i'd probably say, somewhat reluctantly, that we shouldn't go after him-- but i'd take him over braylon edwards every day of the week and twice on sunday, and i won't cry if we do get involved. . . . don't think it's likely, though. . . .

How about this. I was just talking about a trade idea with someone else. The Giant are rumored to really want DHB and love is 4.2 speed.

How about we move down from 12 for #29 #45 and a 5th and spin one of our then 2 second rounders for Bolden........

Probably not but this is kind of fun :)

underrated29
04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
I know its out there and would never happen but a fun play.

how would you feel about a swap with AZ.

#18 to AZ

#31 and boldin to us.

We still keep our 2nd, :heh: :whoknows:

Not great, or thought out, and i would personally say no, but.........

turftoad
04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Cardinals officials are denying an ESPN report that they have dropped their trade demands for Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick and "other considerations."

ESPN has previously reported the Cardinals were asking for first and third round picks. GM Rod Graves denied the Cardinals had placed an asking price for Boldin. "None of that is true," Graves said. "We've never said what we were looking for. All we've said is that we're willing to listen and certainly would consider something of commensurate value."

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/51792

Dortoh
04-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Cardinals officials are denying an ESPN report that they have dropped their trade demands for Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick and "other considerations."

ESPN has previously reported the Cardinals were asking for first and third round picks. GM Rod Graves denied the Cardinals had placed an asking price for Boldin. "None of that is true," Graves said. "We've never said what we were looking for. All we've said is that we're willing to listen and certainly would consider something of commensurate value."

/end thread LMAO

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I know its out there and would never happen but a fun play.

how would you feel about a swap with AZ.

#18 to AZ

#31 and boldin to us.

We still keep our 2nd, :heh: :whoknows:

Not great, or thought out, and i would personally say no, but.........

hell yeah! there's so many options late in the 1st anyway.

id just make sure boldins contract was final before we did the trade.

Dirk
04-24-2009, 05:02 PM
/end thread LMAO

:salute:

dogfish
04-24-2009, 05:03 PM
How about this. I was just talking about a trade idea with someone else. The Giant are rumored to really want DHB and love is 4.2 speed.

How about we move down from 12 for #29 #45 and a 5th and spin one of our then 2 second rounders for Bolden........

Probably not but this is kind of fun :)

i could get onboard with something along those lines. . . .

i really think this year's first day is going to be freakin' INSANE. . . . between the relative weakness of the draft class, more economic considerations than usual in the NFL, and several high-profile players openly on the trading block, i think we could see a LOT of wheeling and dealing tomorrow-- significantly more than usual. . . and maybe a couple of OMG WTF?? moves. . . .

Dirk
04-24-2009, 05:05 PM
ii think we could see a LOT of wheeling and dealing tomorrow-- significantly more than usual. . . and maybe a couple of OMG WTF?? moves. . . .

I think this is going to be one of the best day one draft in a long time!

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 05:07 PM
if we swapped 1st this is my wet dream draft day.

#12 bj raji
#31 jame lauranitis AND boldin
#48 ron brace
#79 shonn greene
#84 david bruton

underrated29
04-24-2009, 05:09 PM
if we swapped 1st this is my wet dream draft day.

#12 bj raji
#31 jame lauranitis AND boldin
#48 ron brace
#79 shonn greene
#84 david bruton

Replace shonn with W.moore,rashad, or andre brown for me. I think shonn is a clone of hillis- which isnt bad, but we already got a hills. Of course i wouldnt complain.

DenBronx
04-24-2009, 05:09 PM

he's trying to back track now. this was reported on nfl network and espn.

i think cleveland, arizona and the bungles will all have to drop their trade demands.

underrated29
04-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Someone is going to get fired!

Sounds like they discussed within the FO at AZ that worst case they would go for a 2. And someone leaked it.

Dortoh
04-24-2009, 05:11 PM
i could get onboard with something along those lines. . . .

i really think this year's first day is going to be freakin' INSANE. . . . between the relative weakness of the draft class, more economic considerations than usual in the NFL, and several high-profile players openly on the trading block, i think we could see a LOT of wheeling and dealing tomorrow-- significantly more than usual. . . and maybe a couple of OMG WTF?? moves. . . .

I've said it before but if the Lions pull their head out their ass and take Curry or an OT then all hell will really break lose.

I'd like to see it happen if for nothing else the entertainment value :beer:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Boldin is gonna want 10 mil. Only way I trade for him is if we turn right around and ship out BMarsh.

Skinny
04-24-2009, 08:41 PM
From KFFL...

Titans | Receive permission to discuss contract with Boldin

Fri, 24 Apr 2009

ESPN.com reports the Tennessee Titans have received permission from the Arizona Cardinals to talk to Drew Rosenhaus, agent for WR Anquan Boldin, about a new contract after the Titans offered a 2009 second-round draft pick and a player to be named in exchange for Boldin, sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

dogfish
04-24-2009, 08:52 PM
yep-- no surprise there. . . . .

Ravage!!!
04-24-2009, 09:34 PM
That would be a GREAT addition for the Titans..... but I truly don't understand why the Eagles aren't allllllllllllllllllll over this guy.

dogfish
04-24-2009, 09:57 PM
That would be a GREAT addition for the Titans..... but I truly don't understand why the Eagles aren't allllllllllllllllllll over this guy.

because they're in love with third-rate receivers. . . .

2Fity@The303
04-24-2009, 10:01 PM
I wonder if the player to be named is Lendale White?

dogfish
04-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I wonder if the player to be named is Lendale White?

they were speculating about that earlier on PFT, and it wouldn't surprise me. . . . he's the kind of heavy grinder that would probably appeal to a coaching staff from pittsburgh, and the titans can easily replace him. . . chris johnson is the big gun in their rushing attack-- any number of guys available in this year's draft could play lendale's role. . . besides which, committment and conditioning have always been issues with him, and his contract will be up pretty soon. . .

i can see them making this move and then drafting a guy like shonn green, andre brown or rashad jennings. . . .