PDA

View Full Version : Browns’ Message to Denver: Quinn Is Unavailable

broncofaninfla
04-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Browns’ Message to Denver: Quinn Is Unavailable (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/browns-message-to-denver-quinn-is-unavailable/)

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 24, 2009, 3:10 p.m.
The Cleveland Browns didn’t bite Thursday when the Denver Broncos called them about a potential trade for quarterback Brady Quinn.
Instead of exploring the “preliminary” inquiry, Browns team officials informed the Broncos that the former Notre Dame star isn’t available (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/04/report_cleveland_browns_tell_b.html), according to Mary Cay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Will that stance change during the NFL Draft?
Per the report, this development doesn’t necessarily preclude the two teams from doing business during the draft.
The Broncos are reportedly extremely interested in USC quarterback Mark Sanchez and could try to hammer out a trade with the Browns if Sanchez is on the board at Cleveland’s No. 5 overall selection. The Browns may have interest of their own in Sanchez.
The Broncos certainly have the ammunition to move up, holding the 12th and 18th overall picks of the first round following the trade that sent Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears.

LRtagger
04-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Think Quinn will bitch and moan, ignore fans, teammates, and bosses and request a trade?

underrated29
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
as long as he doesnt end up here i dont care what he does.

JKcatch724
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Think Quinn will bitch and moan, ignore fans, teammates, and bosses and request a trade?

Or Campbell?

Good. I don't want Brady Queen.

Orton > Quinn

2Fity@The303
04-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Sanchez? Losman? Quinn? Is McLiar already discovering that NeckBeard and Spleen are not longterm options? The next (2) days will be compelling in regards to the future of the Denver Broncos QB position...

Gamechanger
04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
you guys posted this as if its a bad thing :noidea:

shank
04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
all this QB bullshit better be smokescreening.

Traveler
04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Browns’ Message to Denver: Quinn Is Unavailable (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/browns-message-to-denver-quinn-is-unavailable/)

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 24, 2009, 3:10 p.m.
The Cleveland Browns didn’t bite Thursday when the Denver Broncos called them about a potential trade for quarterback Brady Quinn.
Instead of exploring the “preliminary” inquiry, Browns team officials informed the Broncos that the former Notre Dame star isn’t available (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/04/report_cleveland_browns_tell_b.html), according to Mary Cay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Will that stance change during the NFL Draft?
Per the report, this development doesn’t necessarily preclude the two teams from doing business during the draft.
The Broncos are reportedly extremely interested in USC quarterback Mark Sanchez and could try to hammer out a trade with the Browns if Sanchez is on the board at Cleveland’s No. 5 overall selection. The Browns may have interest of their own in Sanchez.
The Broncos certainly have the ammunition to move up, holding the 12th and 18th overall picks of the first round following the trade that sent Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears.

Yea!

underrated29
04-24-2009, 03:02 PM
yes a pick/player trade for any qb that is within the first 3 rounds of value is a bad thing.

bad enough that dortoh is going to kick puppies, timmy will hang himself, i will castrate myself with a spoon and dental floss and topscribe will ride his dinosaur off the grand canyon.

Magnificent Seven
04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't want any quarterback from NFL. I would be happy if they draft Stafford.

Nomad
04-24-2009, 03:07 PM
yes a pick/player trade for any qb that is within the first 3 rounds of value is a bad thing.

bad enough that dortoh is going to kick puppies, timmy will hang himself, i will castrate myself with a spoon and dental floss and topscribe will ride his dinosaur off the grand canyon.

Don't forget TKO will kick Chuck Norris in the nads:D!

Good Lord, I hope McDaniel's is definitely blowing smoke, cause if not I want TKO to go kick Mcdaniels in the nads!

RunYouOver
04-24-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't want any quarterback from NFL. I would be happy if they draft Stafford.

I would be miserable if they draft Stafford, luckily it won't happen.

This is odd and new for me; I was under the impression we were interested in Sanchez if he was available at #12, otherwise we were set with Orton and Simms...but we're still calling about Quinn? And we're extremely interested in Sanchez?

Guess Orton and Simms didn't do too well in the mini camp...

Broncospsycho77
04-24-2009, 03:28 PM
I would be miserable if they draft Stafford, luckily it won't happen.

This is odd and new for me; I was under the impression we were interested in Sanchez if he was available at #12, otherwise we were set with Orton and Simms...but we're still calling about Quinn? And we're extremely interested in Sanchez?

Guess Orton and Simms didn't do too well in the mini camp...

Naw, I'd say it's actually rumors going about that claimed that Sanchez's workout with the Broncos was "exceptional" and completely blew McD's expectations out of the water. Which could be trouble.

underrated29
04-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Naw, I'd say it's actually rumors going about that claimed that Sanchez's workout with the Broncos was "exceptional" and completely blew McD's expectations out of the water. Which could be trouble.

But its got to be fake, right? I mean how could he throw soo much better than orton or simmy. Mdc stresses easy passes and no turnovers. I dont think dirty sanchez could show weather he turns the ball over or not by just running around in shorts throwing the ball.

Dirk
04-24-2009, 03:56 PM

McD wasn't even there to see him....

So smokescreen IMO. :coffee:

Scarface
04-24-2009, 03:58 PM
But I thought McD believes in Orton and thinks he can with him??? LMAO!

rcsodak
04-24-2009, 04:05 PM

How does that happen when McD was sick at home? :rolleyes:

honz
04-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Seriously, if we wanted Quinn in the first place, we would have targeted him and taken a slightly lesser offer from the Browns in exchange for Quinn. This has to either be smokescreens or just misinformation.

NameUsedBefore
04-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Shit makes me sick. I'm glad to see people slowly, although not quite admitting, what a pile of crap McDaniels has steered this team into. Nevermind this toying with the idea that Orton will be a fantastic replacement although there is no indication he is even starter worthy. It's pure fallout; grasping at straws after McDaniels literally mowed down the team's future and mortgaged it on some draft picks.

Quinn? Sanchez? This is why you don't trade a cornerstone. What a mess, truly.

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm not going to pass judgement on McD just yet...until I see what happens this weekend...if he blows this draft..then all bets are off!

(Although I do think he screwed the pooch in the "players" case)

dogfish
04-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Browns’ Message to Denver: Quinn Is Unavailable

Dogfish's message to Cleveland: Good, keep the sorry-ass loser!

Or Campbell?

FTR, there was an article on PFT yesterday that said jason campbell will ask for a trade if the 'skins draft sanchez. . . . ;)

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Dogfish's message to Cleveland: Good, keep the sorry-ass loser!

FTR, there was an article on PFT yesterday that said jason campbell will ask for a trade if the 'skins draft sanchez. . . . ;)

:lol:

SWMo's message to Skins....Keep Campbell :coffee:

OrangeHoof
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
all this QB bullshit better be smokescreening.

I hope so too but the more news that comes out like this makes me think McDiapers is going to piss away the one good thing that came out of this Cutler mess (draft picks) on QBs that aren't as good/developed as the guy they couldn't wait to throw under the bus.

This guy is setting back the franchise light years. Hello 4-12.

Dirk
04-24-2009, 04:59 PM
I hope so too but the more news that comes out like this makes me think McDiapers is going to piss away the one good thing that came out of this Cutler mess (draft picks) on QBs that aren't as good/developed as the guy they couldn't wait to throw under the bus.

This guy is setting back the franchise light years. Hello 4-12.

I think the Sanchez deal is a smoke screen...unless they pull some kind of trade using him.

The Quinn trade I think he would really like. And I still think Quinn would absolutely thrive in the spread offense with our offensive talent. Especially if we were able to pick up Moreno or Beanie.

But..I am still hoping/wishing that we go all out :defense: in the first two rounds.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-24-2009, 07:05 PM
No way this is true. Quinn IS available. has been for months. The locals have been going on all week about how the Browns are looking to dangle Quinn...especially if Sanchez falls to #5. We'll see...

nevcraw
04-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Where's all of the Orton lovers to defend his honor??

I would rather have sanchez then quinn.. I hope they can get him tommorow but i doubt they will be able to.

MasterShake
04-24-2009, 08:06 PM
McD wasn't even there to see him....

So smokescreen IMO. :coffee:

I think all NFL teams have a smokescreen until the draft is over.

Ravage!!!
04-24-2009, 08:09 PM
I still think its hilarious the way the Cleveland fans think that Quinn is unavailable... when everything reported is that both Cleveland and the Redskins are EXTREMELY interested in Sanchez??? To the Brown fans think they just want to draft Sanchez because of his looks??:confused:

Why is it, that the Brown fans seem to be so oblivious to so many things going on around them with their team? When was the last time they actually had a QB?? (god, someone better not say "kosar")

MOtorboat
04-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Where's all of the Orton lovers to defend his honor??

I would rather have sanchez then quinn.. I hope they can get him tommorow but i doubt they will be able to.

Orton lovers? :noidea:

You mean the people who are smart enough to realize that Kyle Orton has lead a team to the playoffs, and that with trading for a few extra draft picks we might actually be able to fix the defense, which is why all the Cutler nut-swingers said this team failed...defense?

Once again. This trade isn't about Cutler vs. Orton. This trade is Cutler vs. 2 1st round picks and a third. Don't be blinded.

And, until this is actual reality...spare me the jackass comments about "Orton lovers," especially with all the crybaby shit I've read about Cutler in the last month.

omac
04-24-2009, 08:22 PM

Quinn was looked at by some fans as a prima donna malcontent in his rookie season, as he held out pretty long before signing with the Browns, because he wanted top 10 money instead of the 20s money he was being offered, due to the spot he was drafted in. Because of his holdout, he was not able to attend practices or familiarize himself with the playbook, which did not give him a chance to compete for the starting job after they dumped Charlie Frye.

After getting the contract he wanted, he's proceeded build a team first image, and he's been pretty good at projecting that to the media.

It's really better to look at a player as a whole, taking into consideration his history, not one instance.

A lot of people like to say Boldin is a malcontent, but for several years, he was the heart and soul of the Cardinals. He worked hard every day, took hits, and was a true professional. Fitz even learned things from Boldin, specially about physicality and YAC. Despite Boldin's production and total commitment to the team, he felt management disrespected him when they wouldn't redo his contract, and that's why he wants out.

Tony Gonzales has given so much to KC; his only request was to be traded to a team that wanted to compete now, instead of rebuild. He took the nice guy approach before, and when a deal seemed imminent, KC balked, even though they'd already traded their best player, Allen. This season, he didn't take the team player route; he held out and got the trade he wanted. Now, he's a malcontent too.

nevcraw
04-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Orton lovers? :noidea:

You mean the people who are smart enough to realize that Kyle Orton has lead a team to the playoffs, and that with trading for a few extra draft picks we might actually be able to fix the defense, which is why all the Cutler nut-swingers said this team failed...defense?

Once again. This trade isn't about Cutler vs. Orton. This trade is Cutler vs. 2 1st round picks and a third. Don't be blinded.

And, until this is actual reality...spare me the jackass comments about "Orton lovers," especially with all the crybaby shit I've read about Cutler in the last month.

LOL
funny you knew I was talking to you.. I won't spare you shit after the way you treated life time bronco fan's who were upset about the Cutler fiasco..

If Orton is the man why is his employer sniffing inside every jock strap worn by a QB?

I'm all for fixing the D to bad they will have to fix the O at the same time now..

Watchthemiddle
04-24-2009, 08:29 PM
LOL
funny you knew I was talking to you.. I won't spare you shit after the way you treated life time bronco fan's who were upset about the Cutler fiasco..

If Orton is the man why is his employer sniffing inside every jock strap worn by a QB?
I'm all for fixing the D too bad they will have to fix the O at the same time now..

Because guys like Brady and maybe even Sanchez can run McD's system. They come from the same "system tree".

nevcraw
04-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Because guys like Brady and maybe even Sanchez can run McD's system. They come from the same "system tree".

Then McD should not get out of this draft without aquiring one of them..

MOtorboat
04-24-2009, 08:39 PM
LOL

I'm all for fixing the D too bad they will have to fix the O at the same time now..

The "way I treated" other fans? You mean the people who started to defect, the people that believe Cutler is a saint? Lifelong? You mean the people who won't renew their season tickets because one player (even though it's the defense's fault) was traded? That's sad. I was upset too, extremely upset, shit I'm STILL upset...but here's reality...Cutler forced his way out of town. This isn't McDaniels' fault. It's not Bowlen's fault. It's the workings of Cutler and his agent. I'm sorry if you can't handle that, but now, three weeks later, it's pretty ******* clear.

And back on topic...how the hell do we know any of this is true?

Watchthemiddle
04-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Then McD should not get out of this draft without aquiring one of them..

Unless.........

Someone looks good to him in next years draft.

I believe if we build on D this draft, we can live with Orton for a season and pick from the litter next year.

But who knows what McD is thinking

nevcraw
04-24-2009, 08:50 PM
The "way I treated" other fans? You mean the people who started to defect, the people that believe Cutler is a saint? Lifelong? You mean the people who won't renew their season tickets because one player (even though it's the defense's fault) was traded? That's sad. I was upset too, extremely upset, shit I'm STILL upset...but here's reality...Cutler forced his way out of town. This isn't McDaniels' fault. It's not Bowlen's fault. It's the workings of Cutler and his agent. I'm sorry if you can't handle that, but now, three weeks later, it's pretty ******* clear.

And back on topic...how the hell do we know any of this is true?

Dude - you and I both know you attacked everyone who didn't share your view point.. Those people weren't "defectors" as you put it..

Funny how people with a lot better perspective than you believe that MCD and to some degree Bowlen are culpable in this situation.

and yes "life long"..

and on topic - ieven if it's not true They are sending the message that they are not all that content with the QB stiuation..

MOtorboat
04-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Funny how people with a lot better perspective than you believe that MCD and to some degree Bowlen are culpable in this situation.

Who?

nevcraw
04-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Unless.........

Someone looks good to him in next years draft.

I believe if we build on D this draft, we can live with Orton for a season and pick from the litter next year.

But who knows what McD is thinking

IMO by then it will be too late.. alos IMO MCD's job will hinge on them winning starting next year..

Ravage!!!
04-24-2009, 09:00 PM
there is a difference between 'leading' a horse to water, and sitting on the saddle that leads you

MOtorboat
04-24-2009, 09:01 PM
there is a difference between 'leading' a horse to water, and sitting on the saddle that leads you

Sorry, but you're going to have to explain this analogy in detail, because it makes little sense.

omac
04-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Dude - you and I both know you attacked everyone who didn't share your view point.. Those people weren't "defectors" as you put it..

and yes "life long"..

and on topic - ieven if it's not true They are sending the message that they are not all that content with the QB stiuation..

Let's just hope that this time, McDaniels gave Orton and Simms a heads up, saying stuff like he's putting up a smoke screen or something.

nevcraw
04-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Let's just hope that this time, McDaniels gave Orton and Simms a heads up, saying stuff like he's putting up a smoke screen or something.

ahh no one cares a out the feelings of a couple of back ups who are just keeping the seats warm until the real guy get's here..

MasterShake
04-24-2009, 09:27 PM
My message to the Browns, "GOOD."

getlynched47
04-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Cleveland pwnd McDaniels --->:coffee:

Ravage!!!
04-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Sorry, but you're going to have to explain this analogy in detail, because it makes little sense.

No. you got it because YOU were the one that responded. Not a coincidence that YOU were the one that posted "Orton led his team to the playoffs." No.. you got it alright :coffee:

omac
04-24-2009, 09:42 PM
ahh no one cares a out the feelings of a couple of back ups who are just keeping the seats warm until the real guy get's here..

Hehe :D

Orton is supposed to be the QB McDaniels likes. McDaniels also payed a hefty sum for a backup who's hardly played in recent seasons in Simms. In light of recent events, it won't do him much good in the locker room if he demarginalizes his players.

Poet
04-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Quinn is garbage. Be glad that loser isn't going to be on your team.

Gamechanger
04-24-2009, 11:25 PM
to think that people want Quinn on the Broncos
:pound: :pound:

Watchthemiddle
04-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Hehe :D

Orton is supposed to be the QB McDaniels likes. McDaniels also payed a hefty sum for a backup who's hardly played in recent seasons in Simms. In light of recent events, it won't do him much good in the locker room if he demarginalizes his players.

McD wanted Simms last season when Brady went down. If I recall he was even flown into the airport and then stood down. McD must see something in Simms.