PDA

View Full Version : Broncos preseason: Peyton Manning vs. Jay Cutler, Matt Flynn, Alex Smith, Kevin Kolb

Denver Native (Carol)
04-04-2012, 04:52 PM
The Broncos’ four-game preseason schedule is out.

The highlight: Preseason game No. 3 vs. the San Francisco 49ers.

That matchup will kick off at 2 p.m. Aug. 26 at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. The game will be nationally televised on Fox. No doubt, Fox believes there will be early interest in Peyton Manning, a 14-year quarterback with the Indianapolis Colts who signed with the Broncos as a free agent two weeks ago.

The Broncos will open their preseason at Chicago, where they will meet Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Jeremy Bates some time in the range of Aug. 9-13. That game will be dubbed: Manning vs. Take That Jay Cutler.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/04/04/national-tv-audience-preview-peyton-manning-49ers-defense/12889/

FanInAZ
04-04-2012, 05:19 PM
It's hard to say just how much Manning vs. anyone we will see during the preseason. Normally, he would only get 1 or 2 drives during the 1st 2 games to shake off the cobwebs, but preventing injury is a higher priority. However, with this being his 1st year with the Broncos, he might play a little more. I doubt we will see more than a drive or 2 from Cutler in the 1st game. Flynn might get more than the 1 quarter that you'd normally see during a 2nd game because he's also with a new team. Smith will probably play most of the 1st half which is typical of a 3rd preseason game. Kolb in the 4th game is harder to predict because of how much he struggled last year before injury. A lot of it may be determined by how he does in the previous 3.

Ravage!!!
04-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't know who writes that blog, but he/she's terrible.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-04-2012, 06:55 PM
I don't know who writes that blog, but he/she's terrible.

Rav - if you would have opened up the blog on the link - you would have seen:

By Mike Klis

Simple Jaded
04-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Rav - if you would have opened up the blog on the link - you would have seen:

By Mike Klis
Shocking, Klis is absolute garbage. How's his book doin, I wonder?

In four preseason games the Broncos will play three teams that Manning snubbed and a QB that snubbed the Broncos.......

sneakers
04-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Hmmmm. might go to that game in Chicago.

CoachChaz
04-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Do Cutler and Marshall and Co. really still have a grudge against the Broncs? Just curious. It would seem to me that their beef would be with McD more than the Denver organization

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Shocking, Klis is absolute garbage. How's his book doin, I wonder?

In four preseason games the Broncos will play three teams that Manning snubbed and a QB that snubbed the Broncos.......

1st round: Cordy Glenn
2nd round: Trade for Jonathan Stewart
3rd round: Alameda Ta'amu
4th round: BJ Coleman or Ryan Lindley
4th round: Trade for Sammie Lee Hill
5th round: Chris Greenwood
6th round: Donte Paige-Moss
Cfa: Kentrell Lockett
Cfa: Toney Clemons
Cfa: Bryce Brown
Cfa: Braylon Broughton
Cfa: Randy Colling
Cfa: Nick Mondek.......

I would love this!

DenBronx
04-05-2012, 12:11 PM
1 series game 1, 2 series game 2, whole quarter game 3 and wont play game 4. Thats Mannings plan for preseason.