PDA

View Full Version : Tiered Fantasy Football

studbucket
04-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I brought this up about 2 years ago, but due to a variety of factors, I've never attempted to get it organized.

Basically it's a fantasy league modeled after European soccer leagues. Each year, the top 2 teams in a league advance to the next tier, and the bottom 2 teams are demoted.

So if we had 48 teams, that would be 4 leagues. The first year, all 4 leagues would be on the same level. After that year, The top 3 teams from each league become part of Tier 1, the next 3 are Tier 2, etc. After each season, the demoting and promoting takes place. This kind of league attempts to keep the competition good in each league every year, so the worst are with each other, and the best are with each other.

The website we will be using hasn't been decided yet, but I'm definitely leaning toward using National Football Post's fantasy service, which will be unveiled in June (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/fantasy-rookie-preview/).

I'm promoting this on a few message boards to ensure that we get enough people for this to be viable. If you are interested at all, could I ask you to do the following:

Email me at: jtkimbell [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com
Make the title "Tiered Fantasy"
Put your username and what message board you are from down

I will keep all of the emails in a file, and you should receive league invitations and emails in June or July when I get the leagues set up.

Any questions or interest?

studbucket
05-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Alright, I've quite a few emails from different sites, but I'm still looking to double or triple the number of people we have so far.

So here's a bump of the thread, just to see if I can get a few more people interested.

studbucket
06-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Bumping this again now that I've completed my move to the West Coast and am back on the internet again.

Any suggestions for what fantasy provider to use since NFP is going to charge for their service?

Again, if you are interested, send me an email following the instructions found in the first post.

underrated29
06-05-2009, 02:34 PM
June 16th ESPN comes out with their fantasy magazine. I cant freaking wait.

Um, i dont think i would have time to fully comit to your league. And i dont want to be the a hole who doesnt take care of his team.

For now i am pass.

studbucket
07-19-2009, 11:18 AM
I've started sending invites out to the leagues, but as expected, some people have had to drop out.

If anyone here would like to fill in one of the open spots to become an "alternate" for spots that open in the coming weeks, follow the instructions in the first post.

studbucket
08-05-2009, 04:45 PM
I made a few rule changes and I'll be sending more info about that out later. We'll also be voting on a few things.

I also set up divisions in each league:
1A
WalterFootballers
The AFC West
We Bing

1B
Computer Nerds
Walter Footballers
AFC West Fans + 1 Other Dude

1C
Walterfootballers
Potpourri
Torrent Masters

If you are in a division, the title should make sense to you, hopefully.

NightTrainLayne
08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Stud. This sounds interesting. Not sure why I didn't see this before.

If you need another team, I'd be interested. If it's too late, keep me in mind for when someone drops out.

studbucket
08-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Stud. This sounds interesting. Not sure why I didn't see this before.

If you need another team, I'd be interested. If it's too late, keep me in mind for when someone drops out.

Definitely. If you shoot me an email (via instructions above), I can add you to my spreadsheet as an alternate. You would be like the 3rd alternate, so there's a good chance that you will either:

a) Replace somebody next year
b) Be part of a 4th league we add to the league.

studbucket
08-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Draft is tomorrow for all 4 leagues, make sure to make it!

Thnikkaman
08-29-2009, 02:37 PM
For some reason I thought it was today. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

FanInAZ
09-29-2009, 02:37 AM
This site other FF thread has had continuous dialog about how things are progressing through out the week, so let's get this one going as well.

I'm the manager of the 1A's Topeka Tornadoes. I started off the year on the wrong foot thanks to last minute computer issues that prevented my from participating in the draft. Therefore, the computer drafted for me. The good news was that it gave me Matt Schaub (Hou - RB), Adrian Peteson (Min - RB), Willis McGahee (Bal - RB) & Marion Barber (Dal - RB). The bad news, the rest of my team was a bunch of garbage. Especially at WR, none of whom were projected to get 10 FF points per game.

I agreed to a pre-season trade with Get Your Money only to have him ask the other members to veto it once another trade of his went through. I thank everybody who accommodated his request as I'm now the lead our league for the most FF points scored through week 3.

As far as my WR dilemma, I have solved that though doing a lot of homework @ a FF site which I will not identify at this time. :D I'll come clean at the end of the season, but not now! :D

studbucket
09-29-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm actually going to send out an email with updates on all leagues after week 4, but I'll give my status from league 1A, which I am in with you.

I'm 2-1 and averaging about 120 points a week. Usually that will be good enough for a win, and I hope so because I don't have a real explosive team, it's pretty consistent. When Fan_in_az isn't making 450 waiver claims, I pick up a few guys like Tashard Choice ;)

I play the guy who is 0-3 in my division next week, so that should hopefully be a win for me, but injuries appear to have knocked Kevin Smith out, so I hope I can get good production from someone else in the flex.

My team name is Raider Hater.

FanInAZ
09-29-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm actually going to send out an email with updates on all leagues after week 4, but I'll give my status from league 1A, which I am in with you.

I'm 2-1 and averaging about 120 points a week. Usually that will be good enough for a win, and I hope so because I don't have a real explosive team, it's pretty consistent. When Fan_in_az isn't making 450 waiver claims, I pick up a few guys like Tashard Choice ;)

I play the guy who is 0-3 in my division next week, so that should hopefully be a win for me, but injuries appear to have knocked Kevin Smith out, so I hope I can get good production from someone else in the flex.

My team name is Raider Hater.

Like I said, the computer gave me 4 really good players and a bunch of garbage. Trying to figure out were to find the golden nuggets all of the rest of you missed before week one was hard. Trying to find a decent WR was even harder. When Barber went down, I about had a panic attack. However, I think I've finally got the team I want. Barring anymore injuries, I don't think I be using the waivers as much. :D But don't hold me to that :D

FanInAZ
09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
:D I told you to not hold me to my last statement :D Blame Clay for me picking up a new FA just now :D Then again, it was a FA not a waiver pick up :D

From the Week 3 Power Ranking thread:

Philly will be in one hell of a position to trade a QB by week 5.

We've all been ignoring Kolb. Probably because we know that he's going back to the bench when McNabb returns. With Vick back from suspension, that would give them 3 QBs, all of whom will be sought after by other teams. So with Schaub's bye week not until week 10 and Kolb about to get his bye week over during a week that I'm going to start Schaub anyways, I've just staked my claim to Kolb to with the hope that he's the 1 that will get traded. If this works, I'll have a back up QB that I might actually want to play in week 10. If not, I'll have more then enough time to make an alternative plan.

studbucket
09-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I saw Kolb in the FA pool, but with Roethlisberger and Mark Sanchez at QB, I didn't feel an overwhelming need to pick up Kolb. If anything, I just need some more WR or RB depth, but I'm pretty happy with what I have.

studbucket
10-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Thoughts & feedback from everyone in the league?