PDA

View Full Version : Open Options

WARHORSE
04-22-2009, 10:33 PM
These are the top 6 picks of our draft with values attached.

12- 1200

18- 900

48- 430

79- 195

84- 170

110- 74

Looking at these selections, the picks that are available to us via trade are quite substantial when it comes to flexibility.

The picks available are as follows:

Chiefs pick at three- Though the draft chart shows the value at the 3rd pick to be 2200, the Broncos two picks are valued at 2100.....Considering the money that goes into that selection, I think they would take that trade especially since they dont have a second rounder. Considering the money factor in each of the following groupings, if the points are close, the deal is good to go.

I dont see us trading with the Chefs.

The following groupings of picks in the top four rounds are possibilities with the flexibility of our selections. This of course does not count next years picks.

3, 48, 79, 84, 110

5, 18, 79, 84, 110

9, 12, 79, 84, 110

5, 14, 84, 110

5, 11, 110

8, 9, 84, 110

8, 12, 79, 84

12, 13, 48, 79, 110

8, 12, 48, 110

You get the picture? There are quite a few other selection groupings at our disposal.

Basically, pretty much any player or two or three players can be ours with the right pick package, and does anyone see any top 5-10 teams unwilling to trade down to us at 12? Somehow I see teams jumping at that opportunity considering the money. At the same time, I dont see us trading up further than 8.

Considering that, it is possible to get Raji at 8, Tyson Jackson at 12, and still have both our thirds after that. Our 18th and 48th to get to 8.

So...........what about Crabtree?

Curry?

Sanchez?

Stafford?

If Detroit takes Smith at 1, and the Rams take Monroe, that means Stafford or Sanchez falls at minimum to the Jaguars at 8, and thats IF the Seahawks take a QB, as well as the Jaguars. Somehow, I dont see either of them taking one, since Hassellbeck still has a minimum 3 good yrs left, and the Jags have just signed Garrard last year.

That puts a whole new spin on things.

Any thoughts?

BTW,
I said Id be back at draft time. 2 days and counting and Im on the clock.
Cutler still sucks, and so does McMuffin until proven otherwise.:coffee:

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 10:43 PM
call me crazy but i think we're going to be the center of attention on draft day. so many discussions are going to take place about the broncos. i can see us trading away another player or for another current nfl player.

but to only trade a 2nd and 18 to get 8 for raji sounds great to me. its very possible we land t-jack at 12. i would seriously love to land both of those guys in round 1.

oh yeah, and if crabtree or curry is there then it changes everything. i think i like curry the best of of those 3.

NightTrainLayne
04-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Glad to see you back Warhorse.

Buff
04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
If they do trade up in the first round, and I hope they do not, I think the #12 pick will be part of that deal. They won't pay the #8 pick and the #12 pick--too big of an investment.

The only person I'd be happy about trading up for would be Raji because there is such a big drop off in talent at the position. But I'd rather not hedge all of our bets on one guy. Look at what a good draft we had last year by just standing pat with all of our picks.

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 11:04 PM
If they do trade up in the first round, and I hope they do not, I think the #12 pick will be part of that deal. They won't pay the #8 pick and the #12 pick--too big of an investment.

The only person I'd be happy about trading up for would be Raji because there is such a big drop off in talent at the position. But I'd rather not hedge all of our bets on one guy. Look at what a good draft we had last year by just standing pat with all of our picks.

yeah you might be right. especially if a top 10 pick drops to 12. that might be more than the broncos are willing to take on.

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 11:11 PM
From the sounds of it, those draft values are being thrown out the windows....

....blame it on the economy.

But right now, KC isn't wanting to have to pay a player like Curry, what was paid out last year in the #3 spot.

They'd like to move down, save some money, and grab some more picks. They're not too worried about "value", but money!

The same can prolly be said of the other team in the state of misery.

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 11:16 PM
From the sounds of it, those draft values are being thrown out the windows....

....blame it on the economy.

But right now, KC isn't wanting to have to pay a player like Curry, what was paid out last year in the #3 spot.

They'd like to move down, save some money, and grab some more picks. They're not too worried about "value", but money!

The same can prolly be said of the other team in the state of misery.

any team trying to trade down this year will not get fair value. its basically a mercy trade to save them cap room and money. good for us because we still have the room and a little ammo to move up. i dont think it will take much at all to move up 5 slots or so. #3 overall might though...

2Fity@The303
04-22-2009, 11:17 PM
I heard on NFLN that someone within the 49ers organization said he knows of 7 teams that want to trade down out of the top 10....I'd trade up for Curry if slipped by the Chiefs...I'd also think about trading up if Raji was there at 8 with JAX. (Still torn on Raji/Brace, many say Brace is a better fit for the 3-4)

Like Buffs said, if we were trading up into the top 10, I'd be more apt to deal the 12th pick vs. 18th (money). But if we thought Knowshon would be there at 12? I might keep the 12th pick....

MOtorboat
04-22-2009, 11:25 PM
I heard on NFLN that someone within the 49ers organization said he knows of 7 teams that want to trade down out of the top 10....I'd trade up for Curry if slipped by the Chiefs...I'd also think about trading up if Raji was there at 8 with JAX. (Still torn on Raji/Brace, many say Brace is a better fit for the 3-4)

Like Buffs said, if we were trading up into the top 10, I'd be more apt to deal the 12th pick vs. 18th (money). But if we thought Knowshon would be there at 12? I might keep the 12th pick....

Logic:

If SEVEN teams are trying to trade down...there's no reason to be in the top 10...

WARHORSE
04-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Glad to see you back Warhorse.

Thanks.

I had to toss my head back a few times so I could come back in here.

I lost my buzz and am hoping draft day helps me out.

Had to do a Jack Daniels mouth to colon cleanse (uh, for you dirty minded, thats Jack Daniels in the mouth, till it comes out the colon) in order to get Cutler out.

It took a few days.........and then the recovery time and all..........:coffee:

Anyways........Im starting to feel it again.

xzn
04-23-2009, 03:14 AM

There's a very good chance Knowshon will be available with the 18.

If we really want a feature back Beannie and Don Brown are first round locks and Le Sean Mc Coy will go early second.

If we want another RB it would be easy to get one...

Dirk
04-23-2009, 05:55 AM
If they could package up some picks and we got Raji and Jackson on day one that would be fantastic!

Not sure that will happen though. But...it's always fun to hope!

xzn
04-23-2009, 11:34 AM
If they could package up some picks and we got Raji and Jackson on day one that would be fantastic!

Not sure that will happen though. But...it's always fun to hope!

That's what I was hoping for, and still do, but its looking more and more like they are both top ten, even top five picks in this draft.

BigDaddyBronco
04-23-2009, 11:57 AM

If for some reason Raji or Jackson was gone in the top 5 and GB is sitting there at 9, I would trade up to 8 to get one of them.

I'm ok with reaching for these two guys, that is how bad our DLine is.

bcbronc
04-23-2009, 12:47 PM
If for some reason Raji or Jackson was gone in the top 5 and GB is sitting there at 9, I would trade up to 8 to get one of them.

I'm ok with reaching for these two guys, that is how bad our DLine is.

I don't want to use picks to trade up. If Jax would take Schefler and #12 to let us move up (they wouldn't) or something similiar, okay. but giving up extra picks to move up to take a 34 DE in the top 10, I'm against. and there are enough questions about Raji handling NT that I don't want to give up extra picks there either. I'd rather take 2 of the "next level" guys in the 3rd and 4th rounds, than use two picks to move up for Raji.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
I have a feeling that if TJax and Raji are both gone, we try to trade back and stockpile pix for 2010. The bulk of the talent after #10 is gonna be at LB or pass rushing OLB/DE. There are like 7 of em projected for round 1.

Superchop 7
04-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji dodged a bullet this week when his name didn’t appear on the NFL’s list of players who tested positive for marijuana or other prohibited substances at the Scouting Combine.

But there nevertheless are reasons to wonder about whether he’s got the work ethic to make it in the NFL.

In his profile appearing in the latest issue of Sporting News Today, Raji describes his first job.

“I was a cashier at Kmart,” Raji says. “I was 16, and I would always take double the amount of breaks allowed. It got really boring so I quit.”

Attention, NFL teams. Good luck getting Raji to show up for anything that’s voluntary or optional. And if he says he needs to pinch one off during practice, you probably should time him.