PDA

View Full Version : 2nd and 3rd gets Braylon Edwards

Superchop 7
04-22-2009, 10:22 PM
IMO, a 2nd and 3rd gets Braylon Edwards.

I would send Stokes and his 6.3 mill outta here in a heartbeat for that deal.

They aren't going to keep Marshall.

Might be a good move.

BeefStew25
04-22-2009, 10:23 PM
So Marshall and Edwards. Two dudes who can't catch.

ikillz0mbies
04-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Well....Edwards is a talented receiver, but his hands concern me. Led the NFL in dropped passes and Marshall was 2nd (I think). But if those kinks could be worked out, having both Edwards and Marshall as the 1 and 2 with Royal playing the slot, that is one hell of a receiving corps.

What concerns me is the 2nd and 3rd though. Those are opportunities to solidify a defense for years. I'm on the fence with this one.

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 10:31 PM
pair edwards with bmarsh and slide royal to the slot. could be very explosive. edwards did great in 2007 and marshall was dealing with numbness in his arm and hand.

if we get 2 key defensive players in round 1 id do this trade in a heartbeat. maybe send them this and next years 2nds. that way we only have to deal one this year and could still target chung in the 2nd.

keep in mind marshall still could be suspended a few games. gooddell really needs to let us know before the draft happens.

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 11:26 PM
pair edwards with bmarsh and slide royal to the slot. could be very explosive. edwards did great in 2007 and marshall was dealing with numbness in his arm and hand.

if we get 2 key defensive players in round 1 id do this trade in a heartbeat. maybe send them this and next years 2nds. that way we only have to deal one this year and could still target chung in the 2nd.

keep in mind marshall still could be suspended a few games. gooddell really needs to let us know before the draft happens.

Marshall will NOT be suspended. There's no way Goodell would hold back on his decision this late in the game, and thus hurt the team.

MOtorboat
04-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Marshall will NOT be suspended. There's no way Goodell would hold back on his decision this late in the game, and thus hurt the team.

They didn't announce his suspension last year until Aug. 5 after a March 6 arrest.

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 11:46 PM

i really dont think goodell has to make a decision like that. he usually tries to come up with a resolution as early as possible. but being that the charges were drop so soon i thinks theres a very good chance marshall gets off scott free.

still....marshall is prone to getting in trouble. might make sense to get some security. a 2nd and 3rd for edwards would be ok. rookie wr's usually take time to develop....at least edwards would make db's crap their pants on game day.

Tom Nalen
04-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Holy Crap...I love this idea..Edwards, Marshall, Royal, and Stokely would be AMAZING...Getting a top tier and still keeping both of our firs would be incredible.then for defense we sign Roy Williams and Jason Taylor and we will be set...Jason WIlliams can tutor Dumerville, Moss and Crowder, and we will have another John Lynch type of safety in Williams.

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
pass on roy williams.

is taylor even suited for a 3-4?

dogfish
04-23-2009, 12:42 AM

Might be a good move.

and then we have to overpay for one of the most inconsistent receivers in the league, or we gave up two high picks for a one or two year rental. . . pass. . . .

honz
04-23-2009, 12:49 AM
They didn't announce his suspension last year until Aug. 5 after a March 6 arrest.
Didn't Marshall still have to settle some things in court following that arrest? There is no court date for this and really no more investigating to do. If he was gonna be suspended I bet we would already know...didn't Marshawn Lynch get in trouble around the same time? They've already dealt with his situation.

Dirk
04-23-2009, 05:46 AM
I'll pass on Edwards as well. Potential is there, however he has butter fingers. :lol:

gobroncsnv
04-23-2009, 07:12 AM
This would be a trade made for Madden NFL, not the real one. We have a LOT more needs at more important positions than wide receiver. Denver HAS to put a premium on building up the D if they want to get anywhere.

broncofaninfla
04-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Edwards drops more balls than Marshall, no thanks

atwater27
04-23-2009, 08:16 AM

Might be a good move.

Cool. Then we would have the #1 and 2 receivers in the NFL for most dropped passes in a season.

rcsodak
04-23-2009, 05:31 PM

That was for a small hit, as far as games goes. And by the sounds of it, Shanny was in touch with the head cheeze and had an idea of what to expect.

Now, if you believe all the end-of-the-worlders, he's gonna be gone for half the season. You don't think Goodall would let them know so they can draft a wr?

Timmy!
04-23-2009, 06:23 PM
:defense:

/thread

UnderArmour
04-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Sweet. Then all we'll need is someone who can get them the ball.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2009, 06:28 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=1501

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=1501

Stokley doesn't make much, fwiw.......

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Edwards is a POS...Hollywood diva type. Pass.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2009, 06:34 PM
If you guy's think Denver will want a WR you should be looking at New England's depth chart.......

Lonestar
04-23-2009, 07:35 PM
That was for a small hit, as far as games goes. And by the sounds of it, Shanny was in touch with the head cheeze and had an idea of what to expect.

Now, if you believe all the end-of-the-worlders, he's gonna be gone for half the season. You don't think Goodall would let them know so they can draft a wr?

but what good is drafting a WR since for the most part none are worth a crap till year 3..

Most folks can count on one hand the number of rookie WR that have done much other than figure out were the urinals are..

Poet
04-23-2009, 10:36 PM
and then we have to overpay for one of the most inconsistent receivers in the league, or we gave up two high picks for a one or two year rental. . . pass. . . .

Exactly. Edwards has had one good year in the NFL. He has also been a guy who has been seen blowing up on the sidelines, and has a history of being a baby.

I would weep for the Broncos if they traded for him.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-23-2009, 10:41 PM
I'd trade for Edwards.

Poet
04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I'd trade for Edwards.

What do you think he is worth?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-23-2009, 10:59 PM
A second this year and a future pick based on play. (Conditional)

Ravage!!!
04-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Edwards is a STUD.... anyone that tries to claim the 'he can't catch' junk, isn't really watching the game.

But a 2nd adn 3rd won't do it. The Browns know this kid is a TRUE dominating WR and can be one of the very best.... not to mention he doesn't have the off field probs.

I don't know why anyone doesn't think we would keep Marshall. Another stud. The big time WRs have had off field issues. Marshall isn't the first. Steve Smith, Burress, TO, Moss....micheal irvin. Its a common thing with the WR position. ANyone that thinks we are just going to 'stumble' into another big time WR that is 'pure to the heart'...are the same ones that think franchise QBs are easy to come by.

I'd take a WR in a MICRO second as good as Edwards. I don't care if he has 16 drops a season (which he didn't have)...thats only one a game for a guy that is a game breaker. Some of you guys really know how to exaggerate the nothing stats.

sneakers
04-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Nooo!

rcsodak
04-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Edwards is a STUD.... anyone that tries to claim the 'he can't catch' junk, isn't really watching the game.

But a 2nd adn 3rd won't do it. The Browns know this kid is a TRUE dominating WR and can be one of the very best.... not to mention he doesn't have the off field probs.

I don't know why anyone doesn't think we would keep Marshall. Another stud. The big time WRs have had off field issues. Marshall isn't the first. Steve Smith, Burress, TO, Moss....micheal irvin. Its a common thing with the WR position. ANyone that thinks we are just going to 'stumble' into another big time WR that is 'pure to the heart'...are the same ones that think franchise QBs are easy to come by.

I'd take a WR in a MICRO second as good as Edwards. I don't care if he has 16 drops a season (which he didn't have)...thats only one a game for a guy that is a game breaker. Some of you guys really know how to exaggerate the nothing stats.

11/5/08
In fact, sports writers believe that had Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards caught Anderson’s fourth quarter bomb, the Browns could have taken control of the game and won.

Quick poll break:

Which of these factors contributed the most to Derek Anderson's struggles and ultimate benching?

* Braylon Edwards forgetting how to catch (74%, 106 Votes)

The normally unflappable Edwards bristled when asked if he thought Anderson would still have his job had Edwards caught that pass. Edwards has 12 dropped passes this season.

“Yes, I wish I could have caught that pass,” Edwards said. “Should I have caught that pass? Yes. Have I thought about it? Yes. But if I catch that pass, is D.A. still the starter?

“I mean, what kind of questions is that?”

It was a question on everyone’s mind except apparently Edwards’.

He reminds me of the guy at work who never admits to making a mistake, is never wrong — and if he does drop the ball, blames it on something or someone else.

Yea....denver really needs somebody of such great character.

Ravage!!!
04-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Yea....denver really needs somebody of such great character.

Edwards has never been a character problem. You guys want some kind of angel that simply give the 'nice' politically correct answer ALL the time. Then when they do, you'll gripe about that too.

Edwards was a stud in college, and the ONE year he had some good QB play, he was a BIG STUD in the NFL. Of course the Browns want a 1st for him. The Giants would be stupid not to give it. There sure as hell isn't a WR in the draft that would match his ability.... not to mention it normally takes 3 years for a WR to develop in the NFL. The Giants would be getting a young stud receiver that could come in and produce WELL from day one.

Its not a coincidence that Randy Moss performed horribly when in Oakland, and wonderfully when in NE. Edwards would blossom the same way in NY once he can get out of that dump in Cleveland.

Seems the Giants just let a 'leak' out today about them looking/interested in drafting the WR from... mississippi?? (can't remember). That to me shows just how interested in Edwards they are. Trying to get the price to drop.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-24-2009, 03:51 PM

As evidenced by his league ranking in dropped passes? C'mon man. Dude drops the ball a LOT.

hamrob
04-24-2009, 10:26 PM

keep in mind marshall still could be suspended a few games. gooddell really needs to let us know before the draft happens.Sure could be...if they had a QB who could get them the ball! Remember #6?

Ravage!!!
04-24-2009, 10:29 PM
As evidenced by his league ranking in dropped passes? C'mon man. Dude drops the ball a LOT.

and? did he the season before, or are you just judging him on last season? Seems the year Edwards was leading the league in TDs, TO was dropping the most passes. Going to tell me that TO isn't an elite WR too?

Come on man. I don't care if Edwards drops 16 passes in a year (which he didn't do).. thats one a game. With that kind of talent, would you REALLY pass on him for a drop a game?

Not me.... Edwards is a STUD WR. I'm not going to be blind enough to think that his drops last season somehow takes away from his HUGE talent.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-25-2009, 08:22 AM
and? did he the season before, or are you just judging him on last season? Seems the year Edwards was leading the league in TDs, TO was dropping the most passes. Going to tell me that TO isn't an elite WR too?

Come on man. I don't care if Edwards drops 16 passes in a year (which he didn't do).. thats one a game. With that kind of talent, would you REALLY pass on him for a drop a game?

Not me.... Edwards is a STUD WR. I'm not going to be blind enough to think that his drops last season somehow takes away from his HUGE talent.

His QBs are getting thrown to the wolves for their "poor play". I watcha crap load of Browns games as they are the local team. Seems to me that if yer QBs can't trust you, they are gonna force the ball elsewhere...domino effect. His drops have more of an impact on the team than you realize.

Poet
04-25-2009, 12:46 PM

He has huge talent, and he has also had one great year and more bad years. That means his good years are the rarity, not the other way around.

The difference between TO and Edwards is that TO always puts up big numbers and has a lot of drops. This time Edwards had crap numbers and..a lot of drops.

He is a big talent, which means nothing. Every last first round bust in the NFL was a big talent. All talent happens to be is the physical or mental characteristics to do something. Akili Smith was a great talent.