PDA

View Full Version : We have a good chance at sweeping the AFC West.

DenBronx
04-02-2012, 12:58 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. The raiders (never capitalize this weak ass team ever!) got weaker then they were last year and now have added new coaches.schemes to the mix. In fact Palmer doesnt fit the offense. I think we will sweep them, possibly some blowout games for us.

The Chargers are getting older but have lost some key players like Tolbert/V-Jak and really havent added anyone besides some journey men WRs. Norv will be on his way out after we sweep them this year. Last year we beat them with Tebow and would have beat the if Tebow had played the whole game. Now with Manning it will get ugly for them.

The Cheifs, they did get better no doubt. But I just think we will be a superior team next year. In fact the were last in the AFCW but I can see us beating them 2x.

I think losing Allen wasnt good but adding Del Taco was an upgrade. Him and Fox value defenses and in time I think we will be a top 5 defense again. We added Tracy Porter who will make an impact with a guy like Bailey on the other side. Guys like Dumervil and Miller will have a field day because I think offenses will be playing from behind with a Manning led Broncos offense. That means VonDoom will get alot of pass plays and will rush the passer ALOT....lots and lots of sacks if they both stay healthy. Decker and Thomas will get passes from one of the best and I think soon the NFL will see how good these guys really are. Moreno hasnt been healthy but I think he shines catching passes out of the back field.

Just my 2 cents. I think we have a strong chance to sweep the AFC West.

Tned
04-02-2012, 01:03 PM
16-0 baby!!!

Seriously, 16-0 isn't likely, but depending on QB play from Oak & KC, we could easily sweep them home and away. SD, I'm not sure what kind of team they are going to field, but as you point out, they've lost a few key players on offense.

LTC Pain
04-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. The raiders (never capitalize this weak ass team ever!) got weaker then they were last year and now have added new coaches.schemes to the mix. In fact Palmer doesnt fit the offense. I think we will sweep them, possibly some blowout games for us.

The Chargers are getting older but have lost some key players like Tolbert/V-Jak and really havent added anyone besides some journey men WRs. Norv will be on his way out after we sweep them this year. Last year we beat them with Tebow and would have beat the if Tebow had played the whole game. Now with Manning it will get ugly for them.

The Cheifs, they did get better no doubt. But I just think we will be a superior team next year. In fact the were last in the AFCW but I can see us beating them 2x.

I think losing Allen wasnt good but adding Del Taco was an upgrade. Him and Fox value defenses and in time I think we will be a top 5 defense again. We added Tracy Porter who will make an impact with a guy like Bailey on the other side. Guys like Dumervil and Miller will have a field day because I think offenses will be playing from behind with a Manning led Broncos offense. That means VonDoom will get alot of pass plays and will rush the passer ALOT....lots and lots of sacks if they both stay healthy. Decker and Thomas will get passes from one of the best and I think soon the NFL will see how good these guys really are. Moreno hasnt been healthy but I think he shines catching passes out of the back field.

Could be DB. My concern is what was discussed in another thread, weak up the middle on defense. Frankly, I don't think Mays is the short or long term answer at MLB, especially against the run. And if we don't draft a couple of DTs later this month we will continue to be soft up the middle, against the run. The Raiders and Chargers had big rushing days against us last season. The Chiefs get Charles back this season and added Hillis. I agree with you 100% we can sweep the division, if the Broncos can stuff the run.

Northman
04-02-2012, 01:09 PM
No one in the AFCW scares me. Raiders should have won it last year but they remain to be the same pathetic team they always are. We have the best QB in the division let alone one of the best in the league. We may still have some work to do but Manning will make this team that much better.

DenBronx
04-02-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm doing my best to look at next season without orange colored glasses but I think it's reality that we will be an 11+ win team. The AFC isnt really all that strong. I think the Broncos just seperated themselves from the pack. The games we will struggle with are not in the AFCW. The Charger, Chiefs and raiders always play us tough no matter what but don't see them any better than last year, in fact the Chargers and raiders I think went backwards.

If Manning is healthy, he should have a field day.

DenBronx
04-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Could be DB. My concern is what was discussed in another thread, weak up the middle on defense. Frankly, I don't think Mays is the short or long term answer at MLB, especially against the run. And if we don't draft a couple of DTs later this month we will continue to be soft up the middle, against the run. The Raiders and Chargers had big rushing days against us last season. The Chiefs get Charles back this season and added Hillis. I agree with you 100% we can sweep the division, if the Broncos can stuff the run.

Keep in mind the raiders also lost Wimbley. They will struggle getting to the QB. Who else do they have Seymore??? Jarvis Moss??

LTC Pain
04-02-2012, 01:12 PM
No one in the AFCW scares me. Raiders should have won it last year but they remain to be the same pathetic team they always are. We have the best QB in the division let alone one of the best in the league. We may still have some work to do but Manning will make this team that much better.

I agree about Manning North. But I'm not resting on Mannings ability to get a lead to ensure teams stop running and start passing to protect our soft middle of the defense. Manning can't stop the run. But I do think PM will keep our offense on the field longer thus resting our defense.

Northman
04-02-2012, 01:19 PM
I agree about Manning North. But I'm not resting on Mannings ability to get a lead to ensure teams stop running and start passing to protect our soft middle of the defense. Manning can't stop the run. But I do think PM will keep our offense on the field longer thus resting our defense.

Agreed.

But what i do like is that if we can our offense to average around 28-31 points a game i like our chances even with the same defense from last year (in case we dont improve that much). The biggest hangup that i hope doesnt happen is that the defense gets unmotivated and lazy. When Tebow was running the show they knew they had to play 100% all the time. With Manning, they may not be on the field as long and may "assume" that Manning will put the game away. I hope they continue to play hard the whole game until the final whistle.

DenBronx
04-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Agreed.

But what i do like is that if we can our offense to average around 28-31 points a game i like our chances even with the same defense from last year (in case we dont improve that much). The biggest hangup that i hope doesnt happen is that the defense gets unmotivated and lazy. When Tebow was running the show they knew they had to play 100% all the time. With Manning, they may not be on the field as long and may "assume" that Manning will put the game away. I hope they continue to play hard the whole game until the final whistle.

I think they will play just as hard or harder for Manning as they did for Teebs.

Baileys window is closing and he is hungry for a SB. We must win at least 1 in the next 3 years.

Northman
04-02-2012, 01:25 PM
I think they will play just as hard or harder for Manning as they did for Teebs.

Baileys window is closing and he is hungry for a SB. We must win at least 1 in the next 3 years.

I agree. Judging by Miller's excitement of signing Manning i think they will be fine if not better.

LTC Pain
04-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Agreed.

An offense averaging 29+ points a game under PM would be premo! Adams and Porter will help the secondary. My fingers are crossed EFX gets a DT or two in the upcoming draft.

Cugel
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Denver is looking pretty strong at all the skill positions on both offense and defense.

On offense, they've added a couple of TEs who can catch the ball to go with some decent (but not great) WRs in DT, & Decker. They could use another RB but McGahee had a great year last year and could again.

On defense they have greatly strengthened the secondary by adding Mike Adams, and Tracy Porter and still have Champ Bailey. This is the strongest secondary group they've had in years.

On the front side they still have Dumervil and Miller and Ayers has a chance to improve into a useful player. He showed some rare flashes last year and this is his 3rd season when you usually can see if a player is ever going to develop into an impact player. For a first rounder he's been a disappointment so far, but he could continue to develop.

So, overall they have some bright spots.

But, the middle of their OL and DL remains a horrible question mark.

Beadles and Walton flat sucked last year and got Tebow hurt. Not all those incompletions were Tebow's fault.

Meanwhile they had a decent if not great interior defense last year because Bunkley was stout against the run and Thomas was adequate as well at DT.

Well, they lost both their starting DTs and have added nothing, so that's a giant gaping wound in the middle of the defense.

In addition, they signed Joe Mays to a $4 million contract. Only he basically sucks at MLB. He's strong against the run, but not fluid or quick at all in covering WRs. In short he's the kind of guy who should be a career backup somewhere he would come in on obvious running downs, not starting.

You can put Miller into coverage all the time of course, and cover for him, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having one of the best pass-rushing LBs in football and your #2 overall draft pick from a year ago covering the TE all day.

DisturbedShifty
04-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't follow the AFC West like I do the AFC East, but I wouldn't count out the Raiders just yet. I'll get to them in a minute.

I know San Diego has always been considered a playoff team under Turner. But I think that was their mistake keeping him. I don't think SD will turn it around enough to make the playoffs this year just because Turner is still in charge.

Back to the Raiders, the biggest thing keeping that team held back is now gone. A younger generation is now in charge, and can actually bring that team into the 21st century without Davis nixing any idea that wasn't his.

As for the Chiefs. We'll its the Chiefs, 'nuff said.

So yeah, I too agree with the fact Denver can sweep their division. But don't be too quick to dismiss the Raider, or any team for that matter. Just ask the Giants.

GEM
04-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I will go into this season thinking the same I do every season....HELL YES!!! I have my Broncos back. Time to win the mother****ing game!!

Except this year it is....HELL YES!!! I have my Broncos back. Time to win all the mother****ing games!!!

:D

Northman
04-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Just ask the Giants.

Giants are the best team in their division. Like Denver they have the best QB in their division. The problem for the Giants has been injuries and underachieving during the season. Who else is there to be afraid of in the NFCE? Vick? nope. Homo? Nope. Grossman? No way. None of those guys have accomplished anything on Eli's level. Same situation in the AFCW. Rivers is the closest to being a competitor to Manning but as you pointed out Turner is their continual downfall.

broncobryce
04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Not sure Hanie can do it.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Not sure Hanie can do it.

Why not? Tebow did it.......allegedly.......

EMB6903
04-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Still gotta pay attention to KC with a healthy Berry and Charles. I still like Denver as easily the best team in this divison. I'd be surprised if we lost 2 games in the division next year.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2012, 09:11 PM
The Cheifs, they did get better no doubt.

how?

broncobryce
04-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Why not? Tebow did it.......allegedly.......

I know. But from all the hate you spew I'm surprised you will acknowledge it.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2012, 11:09 PM
I know. But from all the hate you spew I'm surprised you will acknowledge it.

I'd like to see Tebowfans whining if I actually did hate Tim Tebow. Btw, did you just admit that if Tebow has it in him maybe Hanie does too?.......

DenBronx
04-03-2012, 12:49 AM
My nightmare would be Manning getting re-injured and Hanie as our starter.

You think our O-Line looked like crap with Tebow??? Imagine the same OL with Hanie. Throwing to Decker? Would be worse than Orton as our QB.

Canmore
04-03-2012, 12:55 AM

Sweeping the division is a very difficult proposition, even though the Raiders did it two seasons ago. I can see it happening, but I doubt it will. The road is a lonely place. Arrowhead usually has our number, but has been kinder recently. San Diego is a difficult place to play as is that crappy field in the Black Hole.

Top five defense would be fantastic but I don't see it happening. I would be happy to see us in the upper half. Our run defense is suspect at best at this point and the division is loaded with McFadden and Charles. Granted they need to be healthy, but if they are, they must be licking their chops. Matthews doesn't scare me. The Chargers haven't been the same without Tomlinson, Sproles and Turner. We had better hope we are playing with a lead, because the way it looks to me, if we aren't, we are going to get the ball run down our throats.

DenBronx
04-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Sweeping the division is a very difficult proposition, even though the Raiders did it two seasons ago. I can see it happening, but I doubt it will. The road is a lonely place. Arrowhead usually has our number, but has been kinder recently. San Diego is a difficult place to play as is that crappy field in the Black Hole.

Top five defense would be fantastic but I don't see it happening. I would be happy to see us in the upper half. Our run defense is suspect at best at this point and the division is loaded with McFadden and Charles. Granted they need to be healthy, but if they are, they must be licking their chops. Matthews doesn't scare me. The Chargers haven't been the same without Tomlinson, Sproles and Turner. We had better hope we are playing with a lead, because the way it looks to me, if we aren't, we are going to get the ball run down our throats.

Will it be difficult? Yes.

Have we had a QB post Elway that can put the team on his back and win anyway? No. Not until now. Manning changes everything. I said IN TIME our defense COULD be a top 5 defense. Meaning Manning COULD make it that much better and we COULD....meaning CHANCE...that we sweep the west.

I feel much more confident with this team than we have had in a very long time. As good of a coach Shanahan was, he needed Elway to win the big show. Fox got there before but his downfall was Delhomme. Now Fox has Manning and the combo of those two will be huge. Fox knows how to ground and pound, heck our rushing attack wasnt just Tebow, it was also McGahee. Add in TWO quality TEs, Dreeson and Tamme and mix that with two good WRs and Manning will have options. Defenses will have fits trying to prepare for Manning, you can never really play perfect against him because sooner than later he will make you pay.

Can he lose? Yes.

But, I see this team averaging 28-30 points a game. Which will completely change our defense. We will be playing ahead alot of games and that will maximize our pass rush for the defense. We also will have the option to run the rock when they least expect it.

Either way, I see us dishing out blowouts and not recieving them like we did 3-4 times last year. GB, NE, Buff and Det.

Canmore
04-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Will it be difficult? Yes.

Have we had a QB post Elway that can put the team on his back and win anyway? No. Not until now. Manning changes everything. I said IN TIME our defense COULD be a top 5 defense. Meaning Manning COULD make it that much better and we COULD....meaning CHANCE...that we sweep the west.

I feel much more confident with this team than we have had in a very long time. As good of a coach Shanahan was, he needed Elway to win the big show. Fox got there before but his downfall was Delhomme. Now Fox has Manning and the combo of those two will be huge. Fox knows how to ground and pound, heck our rushing attack wasnt just Tebow, it was also McGahee. Add in TWO quality TEs, Dreeson and Tamme and mix that with two good WRs and Manning will have options. Defenses will have fits trying to prepare for Manning, you can never really play perfect against him because sooner than later he will make you pay.

Can he lose? Yes.

But, I see this team averaging 28-30 points a game. Which will completely change our defense. We will be playing ahead alot of games and that will maximize our pass rush for the defense. We also will have the option to run the rock when they least expect it.

Either way, I see us dishing out blowouts and not recieving them like we did 3-4 times last year. GB, NE, Buff and Det.

I too am expecting to be playing with a lead a good portion of the time. I would love to see one-dimensional opponents. Our strength on defense should be against the pass and I want to see teams forced to throw the ball. I'm just worried about our run defense. On paper, right now, it looks transparent. Teams in our division have elite runners.That doesn't bode well for us. Additionally, teams that play with a lead a good portion of the time often give up a lot of pass yards (not necessarily points) and that figures into rankings. I would love to see 28-30 points a game and a defense in the upper half of the league.

Joel
04-03-2012, 07:43 AM
The Chiefs, IMHO, got significantly better; I'd kill for the offensive line they have now, but by the end of last season I considered them the team to beat in the AFCW. They lost a good CB, but still have an outstanding one, and a generally impressive D, to go with a very good offensive line and healthy Jamaal Charles; Orton as a well protected game manager and one decent WR may be all they need for a playoff run.

The Raiders have a very good offense now that they've finally got an offensive line of their own; their secondary is weak, but otherwise they're a pretty good team, again, IMHO.

The only AFCW team I think we MIGHT sweep is SD, but I wouldn't bet on doing better than .500 in the Division.

The bottom line is 3 AFCW teams finished with the same record, and the other was only a game behind. I think the notion Manning+Porter-Bunkley=Division sweep smacks of hubris, and hubris ate nemesis.

Northman
04-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Orton as a well protected game manager and one decent WR may be all they need for a playoff run.

Orton is in Dallas dude.

Mike
04-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Probably split with SD and KC. Should be able to sweep Raiders.

Denver is going as far as healthy RBs, questionable o-line, and non-existent DTs take us. I hope it is a magical draft.

MasterShake
04-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I will go into this season thinking the same I do every season....HELL YES!!! I have my Broncos back. Time to win the mother****ing game!!

Except this year it is....HELL YES!!! I have my Broncos back. Time to win all the mother****ing games!!!

:D

Thats the spirit Gem! See you at the Sports Authority Scrimmage. I'm going to start camping out now! It will be Occupy Mile High, with 90% less hippies. I say that because Buff might come too.

Medford Bronco
04-03-2012, 08:46 AM
I want to see what all the west teams draft before proclaiming anything right now

Sd is still talented and kc has a good d

Oak who knows what uget but are not the old sucky raiders that is for sure

I do feel much better abt 2012 over going into 2011. Stability is good

BroncoNut
04-03-2012, 09:17 AM
I don't know, but don't let on to OR. I don't want him to become worried.

DenBronx
10-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Well on our way to sweeping the AFCW and like I said in post #24 "I can see us averaging 28-30 PPG" We are actually averaging 28.3 PPG.

Dapper Dan
10-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Undefeated in the west thus far..

Simple Jaded
10-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Sweeping any division is a tall order, even the AFCW.......

Dapper Dan
10-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Sweeping any division is a tall order, even the AFCW.......

Especially when we still have to play at KC.

Chef Zambini
10-23-2012, 02:25 AM
i predicted 5-1 or better at the start of the season.

MasterShake
10-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Especially when we still have to play at KC.

I know. I tremble at the thought of going against Brady Quinn.

*cough*

(I'm just kidding, I have no idea how we will do. I feel a lot more confident then I did a few weeks ago though!)

Ravage!!!
10-23-2012, 10:42 AM
we've had teams that are a lot better than the Chiefs and gone into Arrowhead and just laid an egg. It happens, and wouldn't be shocked if it happens again. That's just how it is. Better teams lose to weaker teams...E v e r y week of the year. I never expect us to sweep the division.

Ravage!!!
10-23-2012, 10:43 AM
(I'm just kidding, I have no idea how we will do. I feel a lot more confident then I did a few weeks ago though!)

Honestly, I don't. I think Quinn is better than Cassel and believe they got better with the injury and Quinn stepping in.

MasterShake
10-23-2012, 10:43 AM
we've had teams that are a lot better than the Chiefs and gone into Arrowhead and just laid an egg. It happens, and wouldn't be shocked if it happens again. That's just how it is. Better teams lose to weaker teams...E v e r y week of the year. I never expect us to sweep the division.

That's true. Our last great year when we went 13-3 in 2005 one of our losses was at KC. Good game, though.

Nomad
10-23-2012, 10:46 AM

And don't they usually set records:lol:

Dzone
10-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Chiefs RB Joe Delaney once had a 75 yard td run called back for a 5 yard penalty, then scored on an 80 yard td run on the very next play.
Edit- against Denver.

Chef Zambini
10-23-2012, 10:53 AM
we've had teams that are a lot better than the Chiefs and gone into Arrowhead and just laid an egg. It happens, and wouldn't be shocked if it happens again. That's just how it is. Better teams lose to weaker teams...E v e r y week of the year. I never expect us to sweep the division.the packers singular regular season loss was to the cheifs, at arrowhead.
if you dont prepoare for the team you face you are destined to lose in the NFL, no matter who you are or they are. the 'looking ahead factor' is the killer, teams guilty of looking ahead or not preparing for this weeks opponent always lose.
I dont think we will take our division opponent lightly!
fox has demonstrated that he recognises the extra value of division wins !
the cheifs suck, i predicted a sweep of the cheifs before the season, brady quinn does n ot change that prediction.
MANNING will not allow this team to sleep on the cheifs !
ELWAY might even address the troops during cheifs week !

but right now our focus should be the saints !
thats the ONLY team that can beat us this sunday !

rjent
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I honestly believe that we very easily could be undefeated right now except for stupid stupid stupid. You can't give up the turn overs we have in the games we lost and expect to win. I have watched the NE game about 3 times and honestly we whooped their asses. In reality Tommie and company only earned 1 touchdown in that game. The Texans were almost the same mess.

My prediction is that it is Manning vs Manning in the SB! :cool:

DenBronx
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM
So, we can bring out the brooms at least for the Chargers and crybaby Rivers.

Chargers - CHECK!
raiders -
Chiefs -

BroncoNut
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM
needs a good mopping too come to think of it

DenBronx
12-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Chargers - CHECK!
raiders - CHECK!
Chiefs -

This one felt the sweetest!

DenBronx
12-07-2012, 01:15 AM
• - 6 LOSSES IN A ROW
• - 10 Years and counting without a WINNING RECORD
• - 10 Years and counting NO PLAYOFF WINS
• - 30 Years and counting NO SUPER BOWLS
• - JUST WIN! MAYBE?

Joel
12-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I must say this looks far more doable than I ever thought, and the team has done far better than I ever dreamed. Six games against three VERY familiar opponents makes sweeping ones division very difficult, but we only need one more win to do it, against a hopeless team at Mile High (where KC typically has almost as much trouble as we do at Arrowhead.) Sometimes I don't mind being wrong. ;)

DenBronx
12-08-2012, 07:33 PM
I must say this looks far more doable than I ever thought, and the team has done far better than I ever dreamed. Six games against three VERY familiar opponents makes sweeping ones division very difficult, but we only need one more win to do it, against a hopeless team at Mile High (where KC typically has almost as much trouble as we do at Arrowhead.) Sometimes I don't mind being wrong. ;)

My only thoughts are this on the last game against KC. They might be looking for an emotional win and we might already have our fate locked up in regards to seeding. If we are still playing for 1st or 2nd seeding then I can see all the starters still playing. If we go into this game with our fate already decided then I see alot of 2nd string guys playing and maybe us resting Manning, Bailey, Miller and the rest. So with KC playing with nothing to lose this game might not be an easy win. It will depend on the scenario heading into this game. I wish this game was next week and Balt the following week to tell you the truth, that would almost garantee us a division sweep....but now that its the last game and might end up being a meaningless game to us, I just don't know.

If Houston loses to NE this week then things are going to get really interesting in the AFC.

Nomad
12-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm hoping the BRONCOS have the #2 seed wrapped up and we can watch Osweiler beat the Chiefs.

rjent
12-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm hoping the BRONCOS have the #2 seed wrapped up and we can watch Osweiler beat the Chiefs.

Now that would be awesome! :cool:

I would love to see this kid play. Hopefully he is on a high learning curve, he sure as hell is big enough :lol:

Joel
12-08-2012, 08:57 PM
My only thoughts are this on the last game against KC. They might be looking for an emotional win and we might already have our fate locked up in regards to seeding. If we are still playing for 1st or 2nd seeding then I can see all the starters still playing. If we go into this game with our fate already decided then I see alot of 2nd string guys playing and maybe us resting Manning, Bailey, Miller and the rest. So with KC playing with nothing to lose this game might not be an easy win. It will depend on the scenario heading into this game. I wish this game was next week and Balt the following week to tell you the truth, that would almost garantee us a division sweep....but now that its the last game and might end up being a meaningless game to us, I just don't know.
If we have the #2 seed wrapped up by then I can live without the division sweep.

If Houston loses to NE this week then things are going to get really interesting in the AFC.
It may just get somewhat interesting again, and only stay that way if Indy plays well against Houston. It's odd their first meeting isn't until the last three games, but Houston has the head-to-head over us and Baltimore, so even if they lose and Baltimore wins they'd still effectively be 2 games up with 3 to go on everyone but NE. If the Cheatriots won they'd have the best chance to catch Houston, since they'd only be a game behind and have the tiebreak, but would still need Houston to lose at least once more, twice if SF beat NE next week.

In many ways this could be Houstons Super Bowl; as a Houston native, I know too well they prefer the climate controlled Gulf Coast comfort of Reliant to playing in Foxboro, Mile High or even Baltimore come January, but their D is REALLY beat up and facing an elite offense. It's a prime time gut check game against the defending conference champion; a win puts them up 3 games plus the tiebreak on NE and 2 games plus the tiebreak on us and Baltimore, making homefield throughout the playoffs a mortal lock (with only 3 games left, neither NE nor the loser of next weeks Denver/Baltimore game could catch them.) A loss would give NE the tiebreak and leave Houston only a game ahead of them, with a game against the 8-4 Colts both before AND after a road game against the .500 Vikings.

Like I say, Houston native; Houston's never won or even reached a Super Bowl (unless we count the Titans one trip,) despite reaching two straight conference championships in the late '70s as a wildcard only to be beaten yet again by the team that won their division: Pittsburgh. Those were Bum Phillips' teams and, even though he's pushing 90, he still makes it to Texans home games to see his son coach their secondary; it would be REALLY nice if he (and I) got to see Houstons first Super Bowl win. Even though they're 2+ games up on the whole conference the line is NE+4 and clicking the Texans on ESPN gives me an interview with Brady: Words can't express how much I want the Texans to win that game.

I'm not optimistic though; neither the Texans nor Oilers have ever been good in cold weather and, although it sounds like Jonathan Joseph will be back for Welker, their #2 and #3 CBs won't. It's much the same with their LBs: The majority of starters will be on the sidelines with injuries. Against an offense like New Englands that could get very ugly, and Schaub is awful in the clutch: If it's close, I hope Foster can win it against a very poor NE D, because Schaub can't.

DenBronx
12-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Chargers - CHECK!
raiders - CHECK!
Chiefs - CHECK!

#1 Seed with a sweep! We did it!!!!

DenBronx
12-30-2012, 08:03 PM