PDA

View Full Version : Broncos interested in JP Losman?

ikillz0mbies
04-22-2009, 09:35 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/22/two-teams-have-expressed-interest-in-losman/

The Denver Broncos have been interested in Bills free agent QB J.P. Losman for some time this offseason, though it cooled somewhat after they decided to sign Chris Simms. A league source tells me their interest could increase post-draft if they don’t land a quarterback in the draft this weekend. There’s one other team that has expressed interest in Losman as well.

The Carolina Panthers have been in touch with Losman’s representatives according to a source, but the interest is only preliminary. The Panthers have been hindered all offseason by the stalemate involving Julius Peppers. His franchise player contract is binding up other moves the club would like to make. So if they’re able to move Peppers in a trade on draft weekend, Carolina might then be able to make some decisions.

The Panthers interest is a bit curious seeing that they have Jake Delhomme, a veteran backup in Josh McCown and a young third quarterback with promise in Matt Moore, who has very good field vision among some other strong attributes.

Unless Carolina is happy to go to camp with another veteran signal caller on the roster or might not have long term plans for McCown, I’m not sure I understand the interest.

I thought once the Cutler trade went through that Chicago would be interested in Losman. Knowing Cutler is a strong-armed QB, I would think the Bears would want a backup with similar physical skills so they wouldn’t have to change the offense much should Cutler go down with an injury, especially knowing the windy conditions that exist up there. But Chicago doesn’t have him on their radar as of yet from what I’ve been told.

Very interesting. But from what the Broncos have done this off-season trading away Cutler, acquiring Kyle Orton, and signing Chris Simms to a hefty contract, there is no way this is a possibility. Even after the draft, it wouldn't make sense to go after Losman. The Broncos are way better off drafting a QB in the late-rounds to groom rather than sign another career backup whose days in the NFL are numbered. Pass.

LoyalSoldier
04-22-2009, 09:40 PM
*sigh* So this is what the Bears have felt like for the last 16 years......

BroncoWave
04-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Woo-hoo, another backup QB from Tulane to fill the void left by Ramsey! Do it Xanders!

Ravage!!!
04-22-2009, 09:42 PM
I think this is saying they were interested in Losman before signing Simms...when we still had Cutler. Losman would have been the back-up to Cassel... had that trade been pulled off. Now that we have Simms and Orton.... I don't think we would be going after Losman who will probably compete for a starting job somewhere

BeefStew25
Woo-hoo, another backup QB from Tulane to fill the void left by Ramsey! Do it Xanders!

He wasn't the back up at Tulane, BTB. Sheesh.

Ravage!!!
*sigh* So this is what the Bears have felt like for the last 16 years......

aren't we lucky................

EMB6903
04-22-2009, 09:44 PM

Hes a back up Quarterback right now.... FROM Tulane.

BroncoWave
04-22-2009, 10:02 PM

But he would be the backup here.

I guess I should have explained it better for our slow bears fans.

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 10:21 PM
i hope this idea dies. we really need to get a 2nd day qb in the draft. lets try and actually groom someone. let someone ride the bench a couple of years. tom branstater or rhett bomar would be two guys i think we should target.

besides, ive seen enough of jp LOSTman to know whats he's all about.

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 11:01 PM
i hope this idea dies. we really need to get a 2nd day qb in the draft. lets try and actually groom someone. let someone ride the bench a couple of years. tom branstater or rhett bomar would be two guys i think we should target.

besides, ive seen enough of jp LOSTman to know whats he's all about.

I like Bomar as much as the next guy....maybe more, from his links to OU.
He has a gun for an arm, is mobile, throws his body around with abandon, and is a winner.

But I'm just not sure of his intelligence.

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 11:07 PM
I like Bomar as much as the next guy....maybe more, from his links to OU.
He has a gun for an arm, is mobile, throws his body around with abandon, and is a winner.

But I'm just not sure of his intelligence.

yeah but the guy was like 18 or 19. i did some really stupid shit at that age.

Flatinum
04-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Terrible thought.

Terrible idea.

Terrible QB.

Dortoh
04-23-2009, 09:50 AM
http://www.grim-planet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/jesus_facepalm.jpg

weazel
04-23-2009, 01:30 PM
another useless QB thread. give it up already

weazel
04-23-2009, 01:32 PM
yup, trade them for the rights to Randall Cunningham.

I just wanted to start another useless freaking QB thread to waste peoples time.

NightTrainLayne
04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
:yardog:

Lonestar
04-23-2009, 02:07 PM
merged with another usless QB thread..

T.K.O.
04-23-2009, 03:00 PM
it sounds to me like we are STILL interested in losman. the way i see it we apparently have a new coach that can make a quality qb out of a 7th rounder
so we should'nt need anymore qb's ( sarcasm)
that being said i have no problem bringing in as much camp competition as possible to make sure we have a guy who can succeed come sept!

anyone know losmans w/l record ?

Dortoh
04-23-2009, 03:04 PM
it sounds to me like we are STILL interested in losman. the way i see it we apparently have a new coach that can make a quality qb out of a 7th rounder
so we should'nt need anymore qb's ( sarcasm)
that being said i have no problem bringing in as much camp competition as possible to make sure we have a guy who can succeed come sept!

anyone know losmans w/l record ?

loserman has a fair/good arm with good mobility. That said he plays like his brain is made of mud.

PASS

T.K.O.
04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
loserman has a fair/good arm with good mobility. That said he plays like his brain is made of mud.

PASS

hmmmm...MUDBRAIN BAD !:laugh:

Simple Jaded
04-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Josh McDenials is the System Quarterback Whisperer, if anybody can make Losman a God, it's Josh McDenials.

It makes you wonder how QB's ever succeeded before The Rise of Doogie.......

Gamechanger
04-23-2009, 07:08 PM
:pound:

hotcarl
04-23-2009, 08:30 PM
*fartz*