PDA

View Full Version : HELP! DTs ANYWHERE?

horsepig
04-02-2012, 09:06 AM
wHO CAN WE GET TO STUFF THE MIDDLE? Last year was the year of the DT, can we get a sure-fire guy at #25?

Forget RB, dime-a-dozen. Forget WR, Manning will make our guys look pretty good. Franklin can hold (no pun intended) his own while Manning flings it out so fast Franklin will be thinking this shit is easy.

DT and Mike are my #1 concerns.

I really like Bama's MLB, is he big enough? Look at Ayers, these guys can add some weight if asked to.

Hightower is who I like. He seems to be a hardnosed kickass type.

Tned
04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
wHO CAN WE GET TO STUFF THE MIDDLE? Last year was the year of the DT, can we get a sure-fire guy at #25?

Forget RB, dime-a-dozen. Forget WR, Manning will make our guys look pretty good. Franklin can hold (no pun intended) his own while Manning flings it out so fast Franklin will be thinking this shit is easy.

DT and Mike are my #1 concerns.

I really like Bama's MLB, is he big enough? Look at Ayers, these guys can add some weight if asked to.

Questions all the way up the middle -- DT, ILB, S.

Jsteve01
04-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Hightower is definitely big enough but he's another two down guy and never really played up to his immense physical potential

LTC Pain
04-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Holes at DT for sure. Questions at MLB (Irving?) and S (Moore/Adams?).

vandammage13
04-02-2012, 09:49 AM
I haven't heard anything about Demaryius Thomas lately...And I think Mike Anderson has been retired for some time now.

Cugel
04-02-2012, 11:22 AM
No help at DT. After spending $4 million signing Joe Mays they are out of money and can't even re-sign Marcus Thomas, let alone sign a FA DT.

So, that's out. We're down to the draft and maybe freeing up some cap space in June to grab some over-the-hill, under-achiever or never-was DT cut by some other team.

Think Ryan McBean type. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps the likes of DTs past: DeWayne Robertson, Jamal Williams (old & injured), Justin Bannan, (old & in the way), Sam Adams (barely a speed bump), etc., etc. :tsk:

DenBronx
04-02-2012, 01:01 PM
John Fox needs to hold a card board sign in front of Dove Valley that says "Will work for DTs"

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2012, 09:15 PM
we really need another conversation about DTs.

Simple Jaded
04-03-2012, 07:32 PM
If Albert Haynesworth and Shaun Rogers came cheap after the draft would anybody object? If nothing else happens I sure wouldn't.......

spikerman
04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
What are these "DT's" you speak of?

-- signed

Denver Broncos Front Office

dogfish
04-03-2012, 07:48 PM
If Albert Haynesworth came cheap after the draft would anybody object?

violently. . .

i'd rather they burn dove valley to the ground than bring that flaming pile of human garbage anywhere near the place. . .

Simple Jaded
04-03-2012, 08:13 PM
violently. . .

i'd rather they burn dove valley to the ground than bring that flaming pile of human garbage anywhere near the place. . .
I'm more concerned about Mile High than Dove Valley.......

Denver Native (Carol)
04-03-2012, 08:47 PM
25. Denver Broncos

Devon Still, DT, Penn State: The addition of Peyton Manning is sure to excite Broncos fans but if the team isn't better equipped to slow down power running games the dreams of a Super Bowl will vanish quickly. Denver featured a relatively small starting combination of Brodrick Bunkley (6-2, 306) and Marcus Thomas (6-3, 316) inside in 2011. Bunkley signed with New Orleans and Thomas, also a free agent, apparently, isn't viewed as a priority to re-sign. Still, 6-5 and 303 pounds, might be a better fit in John Fox's 4-3 defense and would not only help close running lanes he'd be an upgrade as an interior pass rusher, as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

CoachChaz
04-04-2012, 06:53 AM
I still dont see how scouts consider Still a quality interior pass rusher. Watched him for the last few years and just didnt see it against top competition. If we draft him, I'd like to see us sign a guy like Landri to compliment him

Chef Zambini
04-04-2012, 08:57 AM
is there a more worthless sack of shit than albert haynesworth?

Canmore
04-04-2012, 06:14 PM
is there a more worthless sack of shit than albert haynesworth?

No!

Cugel
04-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Well, according to today's Denver Post they are bringing back the ghost of Justin Bannan. :geezer:

It just reminds me of an old country song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYETHsxAv8c):

"Old and in the way, that's what I heard them say.
"They used to heed the words he said, but that was yesterday!
"Gold will turn to grey, and youth will fade away.
"Nobody cares about you when you're old and in the way!

". . . . Now the years have come and gone, through the streets he walks alone,
Like an old dog gone to stray, he's just old and in the way!"

Npba900
04-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Denver will draft a DT with the 25th pick, sign a one or two FA and resign back DT's that other teams didn't sign.