PDA

View Full Version : GREAT OFFSEASON ? or THE GREATEST OFFSEASON ?

T.K.O.
04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
all right here it is in full orange and blue technicolor !
1) we got rid of a coach who's playcalling had become stale and predictible.
replaced him with arguably one of the brightest young offensive coaches in the league.

2) we got rid of a defensive coordinator who fielded the worst defense in team history,and replaced him with a well respected dc who has head coaching experience

3)we traded a bitter brat of a qb with a losing record for a young qb who plays with heart who knows his role and is willing to do whatever it takes to win,and has done so in more than 2/3 rds of his starts

4) we have more firepower in this years ( and next years) draft than most of us have seen in our lifetimes !
and have a legitimate shot at creating a very good(maybe even feared) defense over the next couple seasons

5) this is gonna be an exciting year no matter what your opinion of the FO moves are ! and i am stoked and will cheer the broncs on...rah rah rah:beer:

ok flame on but i just thought i'd see what kind of reaction i got from a blatently positive twist on the offseason so far !;)

turftoad
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
You forgot "Horseshit" offseason.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
What receiver did we get for Diabetes Boy?

ikillz0mbies
04-22-2009, 03:40 PM
It definitely has been an interesting off-season. The greatest? I wouldn't go that far. Too much drama to call it the greatest. I'd call it a decent-to-good off-season.

And yes, the Broncos do have a lot of firepower in this years draft. Let's just hope they use them wisely, not frivolously.

Oh and Jay Cutler didn't get traded for a young receiver. Don't know where you got that from.

honz
04-22-2009, 03:40 PM

Pat White is the next Kyle Orton.

topscribe
04-22-2009, 03:47 PM

I have diabetes.

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 03:54 PM
So do 24 million other Americans. Congrats.

topscribe
04-22-2009, 03:57 PM

So then you just insulted 24 million of us. Congrats.

-----

Thnikkaman
04-22-2009, 03:57 PM

We will have an inkling of an idea after this weekend next year.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 04:00 PM
So then you just insulted 24 million of us. Congrats.

-----

Actually, it was a reference to Jay Cutler. Diabetes Boy, the Dialysis Kid, the Type-I Terror, Kidney Calamity, etc.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 04:01 PM
We will have an inkling of an idea after this weekend next year.

Huh? So you're under the impression we will take a WR with the 2010 #1 choice we're getting from Chicago? Cool.

topscribe
04-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Actually, it was a reference to Jay Cutler. Diabetes Boy, the Dialysis Kid, the Type-I Terror, Kidney Calamity, etc.

Pure class, as usual.

Thank you for your sensitivity. :wave:

-----

Dortoh
04-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm thinking this thread didnt turn out as the OP intended :laugh:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Oh, no problem. I enjoy seeing you be sensitive about it.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm thinking this thread didnt turn out as the OP intended :laugh:

Well, that is what happens when you have certain posters who try and make everything be about them. I better watch out the next time I make a joke about a health issue. I wouldn't want to offend anyone who has leprosy. (Hotrod, do you have leprosy?)

Dortoh
04-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Well, that is what happens when you have certain posters who try and make everything be about them. I better watch out the next time I make a joke about a health issue. I wouldn't want to offend anyone who has leprosy. (Hotrod, do you have leprosy?)

As a matter of fact.............

Wait does leprosy still exist or is that just in the bible.......honest question I have no idea.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Yes, it does.

honz
04-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I have asthma.

Dortoh
04-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm lucky I really dont have anything. Maybe some liver damage but that is still an unknown.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm lucky I really dont have anything. Maybe some liver damage but that is still an unknown.

You are fortunate to have good health. Look at poor Honz over there coughing up a lung because of his damn asthma. But guess what? He still rules!

topscribe
04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I better watch out the next time I make a joke about a health issue.

That would be a good idea. I don't believe many people want to be identified
by their physical infirmities, especially when it is derogatory.

But then, you are in the process of identifying yourself, so whatever . . . :whoknows:

-----

Dortoh
04-22-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.2funnycats.com/files/media/funny-cat-fight.jpg

topscribe
04-22-2009, 04:33 PM
http://www.2funnycats.com/files/media/funny-cat-fight.jpg

Actually, I thought I was very nice about it when I brought it up.

I also have Jewish bloodlines in me. Shall we turn our attention to kikes now?

-----

turftoad
04-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Back on topic and stop with the personal stuff.

topscribe
04-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Back on topic and stop with the personal stuff.

Thank you.

-----

Dortoh
04-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Actually, I thought I was very nice about it when I brought it up.

I also have Jewish bloodlines in me. Shall we turn our attention to kikes now?

-----

Wow your kinda touchy today boss. I'll see my way out of you twos conversation :D

jrelway
04-22-2009, 04:37 PM
lol kikes.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 04:38 PM
That would be a good idea. I don't believe many people want to be identified by their physical infirmities, especially when it is derogatory.

Well, you should really only speak for yourself and not others. I wasn't referring to you or anyone else who has diabetes; just Jay. I can't help that you have diabetes or that you got offended by me playing name games in regards to Cutler. Furthermore, my statement is all in jest and was most certainly not a knock on anyone with diabetes.

But then, you are in the process of identifying yourself, so whatever . . . :whoknows:

You are right. With my MCD and NS, I am at higher risk for diabetes. I can't wait until I get it. Then I can tell my kids when they're old enough or my friends at my 10 year high school reunion that I bumped elbows and shared insulin needles with one of the best QB's to ever get drunk off a football field: Jay Cutler.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 04:39 PM
lol kikes.

Is this some new sort of super bike making its way out of the bluegrass production lines of Kentucky?

Thnikkaman
04-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Huh? So you're under the impression we will take a WR with the 2010 #1 choice we're getting from Chicago? Cool.

Where did you get that? We could be getting a QB from that pick next year. Hell, we could be getting another long snapper (I swear to god if we pick a long snapper in the first round of any draft ever I will start following the India Cricket team instead of the Broncos) with that pick next year.

T.K.O.
04-22-2009, 05:19 PM

actually i dont know why i said reciever before i edited it,i changed it before i saw any posts....could be that i am so stoked for this season my mind was wandering...by the way most of my post was intended to be sarcastic and i stole the title idea from stephen colbert's "great president or the greatest president" line he used about W when interviewing people.
:laugh:

bcbronc
04-22-2009, 06:10 PM

I did have leprosy, but it's gone now.

as for a great offseason, ask me again in about, oh, 4.5 days.

Watchthemiddle
04-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Greatest...great..normal....sub-par...

This offseason is not over yet...ask me this question again once week one starts.

I will say this has been the most dramatic offseason so far. We have had enough crying, whinning, lying......etc...for 10 off-seasons.

Oh...and...Can't wait to see what Orton can bring.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.....something ...NO ONE EVER said about our previous QB.
:coffee:

Lonestar
04-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Has been great so far for me..

that said it has been one of the most vocal and hottest debate off seasons in a LOOOONG time..

bcbronc
04-22-2009, 07:56 PM

This offseason is not over yet...ask me this question again once week one starts.

I will say this has been the most dramatic offseason so far. We have had enough crying, whinning, lying......etc...for 10 off-seasons.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.....something ...NO ONE EVER said about our previous QB.

baiting. take your anti-Cutler agenda to the Bears board. it's thataway----->

claymore
04-22-2009, 08:05 PM

He replaced Plummer so I thought he looked like a genius.

Peerless
04-22-2009, 08:24 PM
This off-season kinda sucked in my opinion.

Ravage!!!
04-22-2009, 08:58 PM
This off-season kinda sucked in my opinion.

Me too....

Dirk
04-23-2009, 06:36 AM
The only bright spot in this off-season for me was getting rid of Slowik...

Now, that may change once we see who is drafted!

atwater27
04-23-2009, 08:20 AM

Go to hell.

atwater27
04-23-2009, 08:23 AM
And this thread would be awesome....... on opposite day. Worst offseason (and thread) ever!

T.K.O.
04-23-2009, 10:43 AM
And this thread would be awesome....... on opposite day. Worst offseason (and thread) ever!

wow.... thank you ! when i started my 1st thread i had no idea it would garner such an honer.....:salute:
did i mention the whole thing was intended to be" tongue in cheek"
and i just wanted to post a positive take on the offseason events thus far?

:elefant:
its a "glass 1/2 empty or 1/2 full thing" personally i'm looking forward !

Dortoh
04-23-2009, 10:45 AM
wow.... thank you ! when i started my 1st thread i had no idea it would garner such an honer.....:salute:
did i mention the whole thing was intended to be" tongue in cheek"
and i just wanted to post a positive take on the offseason events thus far?

:elefant:

So I notice you joined in April and your a huge Orton supporter. Did you happen to be a bears fan in March?

Not that there is anything wrong with that just odd timing is all. Either way I hope Orton is all you think he will be. :salute:

T.K.O.
04-23-2009, 10:50 AM
So I notice you joined in April and your a huge Orton supporter. Did you happen to be a bears fan in March?

Not that there is anything wrong with that just odd timing is all. Either way I hope Orton is all you think he will be. :salute:

no, ive been a broncos fan since i moved to colorado in 1979,i just picked that name to show my support for the "new regime" and mostly wishfull thinking on my part as to how we might do this season.
the 1st time i paid attention to orton was when the deal went down,and ive watched a little footage since.
he could be pretty good in mcd's system and with the recievers we have
i just hope we fix our D in a hurry so he has a chance to survive in denver !

Bronco Bible
04-24-2009, 11:43 AM

That one was rough Dream:shocked:

D1g1tal j1m
04-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I liked the positive spin when this thread was created (unfortunately, like all threads here recently, it has veered off course).

~We got a young and bright HC (like the Shan hiring) who has come from a successful SB organization (some say the team of the decade). We will see if McD can inject some life into a stuck-in-the-mud organization.
~We replaced our young "Franchise" QB who got upset with the new HC when he dare suggested there are things he can improve on. And replaced the 26 year old QB with a record of 17-20 with a 27 year old QB with a record of 21-12.
~We are flush with Draft picks that can restock the worst Defense in Broncos Franchise history (maybe in NFL history, it's at least in the top 10). We have a new FO regime that can hopefully have greater success than the prior one in the Draft (lasts years was the exception to the rule).
~It has been an off-season of change, hopefully it turns out well. At least the rest of the teams in AFC West are dealing with their own turmoils. We still have a chance at winning the Division Title!

Lonestar
04-24-2009, 01:17 PM
I liked the positive spin when this thread was created (unfortunately, like all threads here recently, it has veered off course).

~We got a young and bright HC (like the Shan hiring) who has come from a successful SB organization (some say the team of the decade). We will see if McD can inject some life into a stuck-in-the-mud organization.
~We replaced our young "Franchise" QB who got upset with the new HC when he dare suggested there are things he can improve on. And replaced the 26 year old QB with a record of 17-20 with a 27 year old QB with a record of 21-12.
~We are flush with Draft picks that can restock the worst Defense in Broncos Franchise history (maybe in NFL history, it's at least in the top 10). We have a new FO regime that can hopefully have greater success than the prior one in the Draft (lasts years was the exception to the rule).
~It has been an off-season of change, hopefully it turns out well. At least the rest of the teams in AFC West are dealing with their own turmoils. We still have a chance at winning the Division Title!

With the exception of the last sentence a very good post..

Bill Devaroe
04-24-2009, 01:24 PM
replaced him with arguably one of the brightest young offensive coaches in the league.

2) we got rid of a defensive coordinator who fielded the worst defense in team history,and replaced him with a well respected dc who has head coaching experience

3)we traded a bitter brat of a qb with a losing record for a young qb who plays with heart who knows his role and is willing to do whatever it takes to win,and has done so in more than 2/3 rds of his starts

4) we have more firepower in this years ( and next years) draft than most of us have seen in our lifetimes !
and have a legitimate shot at creating a very good(maybe even feared) defense over the next couple seasons

5) this is gonna be an exciting year no matter what your opinion of the FO moves are ! and i am stoked and will cheer the broncs on...rah rah rah:beer:

ok flame on but i just thought i'd see what kind of reaction i got from a blatently positive twist on the offseason so far !;)

keep drinkin the koolaid snagglemuffin

T.K.O.
04-24-2009, 01:47 PM
keep drinkin the koolaid snagglemuffin

i really dont see how we can be much worse this year than last.....and i love kool-aid...OH YEAH!
whats a snagglemuffin ?:confused:

T.K.O.
04-24-2009, 01:56 PM
ive been a bronco fan for 30 years and have seen alot of ups and downs,so i'm not all freaked out by the coaching and qb changes.i do know we have been just good enough to get excited about at the start of the last 3 seasons,only to be crushed by the teams total inconsistancy and late season collapses.
that being said i think we all knew big changes had to happen,well it has and i refuse to whine and moan about it !
so i'm going into this season with a positive outlook ,knowing at the very worst we will not win the division and we have a good shot at surprising the hell out of alot of teams (and fans) going 10-6 and afcw title !

Traveler
04-24-2009, 01:59 PM
ive been a bronco fan for 30 years and have seen alot of ups and downs,so i'm not all freaked out by the coaching and qb changes.i do know we have been just good enough to get excited about at the start of the last 3 seasons,only to be crushed by the teams total inconsistancy and late season collapses.
that being said i think we all knew big changes had to happen,well it has and i refuse to whine and moan about it !
so i'm going into this season with a positive outlook ,knowing at the very worst we will not win the division and we have a good shot at surprising the hell out of alot of teams (and fans) going 10-6 and afcw title !

I'm really serious...
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/Papi728/422805c6.jpg

hamrob
04-24-2009, 10:28 PM

ok flame on but i just thought i'd see what kind of reaction i got from a blatently positive twist on the offseason so far !;)Worst offseason that I can remember. Sure, change is inevitable. Getting rid of Shanny was stupid IMO...simply because the O was coming around. Getting rid of Cutler was moronic...and will go down as one of the biggest blunders in NFL history!

T.K.O.
04-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Worst offseason that I can remember. Sure, change is inevitable. Getting rid of Shanny was stupid IMO...simply because the O was coming around. Getting rid of Cutler was moronic...and will go down as one of the biggest blunders in NFL history!

ok nostridamus when will cutler win his 1st superbowl for the bears?
and what if we finish with a better record than last year,will you feel the same way ?
i'm just trying to find out if you are a shanny/cutler fan or if improving the TEAM as a whole is better in your mind.
i for one could care less who the coachor qb is as long as i get to watch my broncos make the playoffs again !

Magnificent Seven
04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
I would say 50/50

We had an early horrible off-season and we are having an improvement off-season.

T.K.O.
10-06-2009, 02:24 PM
just bumpin' this since its a little more relevent now!:salute:

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 02:47 PM
LOL...we know more don't we! I especially love mocking a very serious disease especilly the courage Cutler showed in handling it and still playing at a Pro Bowl Level! That in itself was a feat!