PDA

View Full Version : Name Two per pick

Superchop 7
04-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Rd 1 Still or Reyes......Still is a little more explosive, Reyes has a better lower body, less injury prone and can split a double team. Rd 2 James or Zeitler.....James will be gone at top of 3rd....he is a Sproles type of weapon that makes life tough for d coordinators.....Zeitler would shore up the o line. Heres mine.....whats yours?

hamrob
04-01-2012, 03:36 PM
1st round: Cox or Brockers (I'd be o.k. with still or Gilmore as well)....also if Keuchly or Kirkpatrick fall, we can't pass them.

2nd round: Michael Kendriks or Doug Martin (I'd be o.k. with David Wilson, or Minnifeld as well)

3rd round: Billy Winn or Stephen Hill (I'd be o.k. with Brandon Thompson, Bobby Wagner, or Shawn Spence as well)

4th round: T.Y. Hilton, Josh Robinson, or Jamell Fleming, Jared Crick (I'd be o.k. with Osweiler, or Criner)

5th round: LaMichale James or Tommy Streeter (I'd be o.k. with Foles or

hotcarl
04-01-2012, 04:29 PM
looks like rytel in the first and mangonin in gthe second looks l ike a filthy ass dfdraft!

SpringsBroncoFan
04-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Still looked ok at his pro day but honestly I'd take any of Brockers, Cox, Worthy, or Reyes over him...

I'd pass on both James & Zeitler, we don't have the luxury to gamble on James nor the depth to grab Zeitler when there are other options later (Silatolu, Miller, etc).

Just me though...

SpringsBroncoFan
04-01-2012, 05:32 PM
1st round: Cox or Brockers (I'd be o.k. with still or Gilmore as well)....also if Keuchly or Kirkpatrick fall, we can't pass them.

2nd round: Michael Kendriks or Doug Martin (I'd be o.k. with David Wilson, or Minnifeld as well)

3rd round: Billy Winn or Stephen Hill (I'd be o.k. with Brandon Thompson, Bobby Wagner, or Shawn Spence as well)

4th round: T.Y. Hilton, Josh Robinson, or Jamell Fleming, Jared Crick (I'd be o.k. with Osweiler, or Criner)

In the 2nd, I'd also be ok with Hosley, Miller, or Polk. If you're going to consider Kendricks in the 2nd, I'd add L. David to look at too if he drops to the lower 2nd.

In the 3rd, I think you have to add Chapman if concerns over his knee are answered and Mike Martin).

In the 4th, you've got to add T. Johnson & perhaps Pead as the consolation RB.

Shananahan
04-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I think both Kendricks and David could become excellent WLB, especially David. I don't think you draft one of them there, though, unless you're not sold on Woodyard. Kendricks can play in the middle, I guess, but I'd prefer to focus on areas of greater need. I really, really, really like David, though.

Superchop 7
04-05-2012, 01:35 PM
In Round 3, I'm going with Josh Norman or Foles. I think that for what the Broncos want in a QB, Foles is spot on. Norman is a taller CB that wideouts have a real problem getting seperation from, excellent hands. A good matchup for the taller receivers and as we all know, it's all about the matchups.

underrated29
04-05-2012, 01:47 PM
I dont like still at all.....not proven, lots of big injuries. No still please...

cox or worthy sound good to me at 1.

crick or kendricks sound great in 2.

Northman
04-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Round 1: Dont'a Hightower or Devon Still

Round 2: Isaiah Pead or Josh Robinson

Round 3: Brock Osweiler or Alameda Ta'amu

Round 4: Nick Toon or Vick Ballard

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2012, 02:13 PM
1st
devon still dt - fletcher cox dt
2nd
doug martin rb/kr - michael kendricks mlb/olb
3rd
mike martin dt - phillip blake og/c
4th
isaiah pead rb - josh norman cb
4th
dwight bentley cb - james-micheal johnson ilb
5th
will blackwell og/c - nick-jean baptiste dt

SpringsBroncoFan
04-05-2012, 02:27 PM
1st
devon still dt - fletcher cox dt
2nd
doug martin rb/kr - michael kendricks mlb/olb
3rd
mike martin dt - phillip blake og/c
4th
isaiah pead rb - josh norman cb
4th
dwight bentley cb - james-micheal johnson ilb
5th
will blackwell og/c - nick-jean baptiste dt

I don't know what people see in Blake... I like Blackwell alot as a late pick...

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't know what people see in Blake... I like Blackwell alot as a late pick...

Philip Blake, C/G, Baylor
Height: 6-3. Weight: 311.
40 Time: 5.25. 10-Yd Split: 1.76.
Bench: 22.
Arm: 33. Hand: 9 3/4.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.
3/6/12: Blake had a good Combine performance that helped his stock and moved him into firm standing as the second-rated center in the draft. He moved well in the field drills and showed nice athleticism. However, his bench press total of 22 could have been better. Based off his Senior Bowl weigh-in, Blake looks like he needs to work on his body some to transform some flab into strength. In Mobile, Blake played guard, but in the NFL, he could fit at either position.

Throughout 2011, Blake was an excellent pass protector for Robert Griffin III, and opened up holes in the ground game for running back Terrance Ganaway. Blake is a good athlete for his size. He has the strength to push tackles aside and surprising quickness to hit blocks on linebackers. For the past two years, Blake was the starter at center, but he began his collegiate career at tackle.
To close out 2011, Blake had a lot of success going against Washington Huskies defensive tackle Alameda Ta'amu in the Alamo Bowl. The Baylor Bears were able to have a massive game on the ground to the tune of 482 yards.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008P.php

HammeredOut
04-05-2012, 03:35 PM

Steve Hill, and L.James will be gone by round 2.... Some are saying that Steve Hill could go mid 1st round.... Others are saying mid 2nd round.... He averaged over 30 yards per reception.. so that is the big gamble... Can Hill be the guy to pull in 60plus catches a season.... I think Hill will be the best Reciever out of the draft when its all said and done... I believe Hill will be a great player... Im not sold on Blackmon, and Floyd being the top recievers.... Just because they had a few more receptions then Hill, they slid way up the draft... Either one of them has break-away speed that Hill possesses...

L.James, will be a second rounder... I like him in the percy harvin mold.... A scatback who can pull down the passes... This is the best value of the draft...

HammeredOut
04-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Round 1: Dont'a Hightower or Devon Still

Round 2: Isaiah Pead or Josh Robinson

Round 3: Brock Osweiler or Alameda Ta'amu
Round 4: Nick Toon or Vick Ballard

Alameda Ta'amu is good enough to be a second rounder... I think he is top 50 talent in the draft.... This is a player who is one of the purest run stoppers in the draft... He could be no worse then a Phil Taylor from last seasons draft...

Northman
04-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Alameda Ta'amu is good enough to be a second rounder... I think he is top 50 talent in the draft.... This is a player who is one of the purest run stoppers in the draft... He could be no worse then a Phil Taylor from last seasons draft...

Well, i heard a lot of people saying that Tebow was a 3rd round projection too. Fact is, no one knows where these guys will go until it happens. I was just throwing my 2 cents in.

HammeredOut
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Well, i heard a lot of people saying that Tebow was a 3rd round projection too. Fact is, no one knows where these guys will go until it happens. I was just throwing my 2 cents in.

If Alameda Ta'amu is still available in the second round when we pick.. I have no doubt that the Broncos will select him... I still think teams are catching up to what his skill set really is... Which means he may be peeled off the board earlier in the second round then previously expected...

Im with you on selecting him... Just in the second round that is...

If we come out of this draft with Steve Hill, L.James, and Alameda Ta'amu... I think we had the best draft before I even see what the other teams select...

Jsteve01
04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
WTF are they doing to their receivers down at Georgia Tech and why in the world don't they throw the ball more? The only downside to hill is he will take a while to develop.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
1-cordy glenn/dont'a hightower
2-mike martin/doug martin
3-Isaiah Pead/Josh Chapman
4-Malik Jackson/Bruce Irvin/Jaye Howard/Andrew Datko
5-Ryan Broyles/Jarius Wright
6-Danny Trevathan/Tauren Poole

Superchop 7
04-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Osweiler is gone in round 2.
Burflict is still dropping......rd 6 or 7 or udfa.
Don't feel bad......my guy.....Cliff Harris is dropping like a rock.......gained a bunch of weight and puked at the combine.

With guys like Burflict and Harris you can structure the contract to keep them in shape, they do have talent, but.....what a couple of dummies.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Philip Blake, C/G, Baylor
Height: 6-3. Weight: 311.
40 Time: 5.25. 10-Yd Split: 1.76.
Bench: 22.
Arm: 33. Hand: 9 3/4.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.
3/6/12: Blake had a good Combine performance that helped his stock and moved him into firm standing as the second-rated center in the draft. He moved well in the field drills and showed nice athleticism. However, his bench press total of 22 could have been better. Based off his Senior Bowl weigh-in, Blake looks like he needs to work on his body some to transform some flab into strength. In Mobile, Blake played guard, but in the NFL, he could fit at either position.

Throughout 2011, Blake was an excellent pass protector for Robert Griffin III, and opened up holes in the ground game for running back Terrance Ganaway. Blake is a good athlete for his size. He has the strength to push tackles aside and surprising quickness to hit blocks on linebackers. For the past two years, Blake was the starter at center, but he began his collegiate career at tackle.
To close out 2011, Blake had a lot of success going against Washington Huskies defensive tackle Alameda Ta'amu in the Alamo Bowl. The Baylor Bears were able to have a massive game on the ground to the tune of 482 yards.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008P.php

Ooh... I feel all warm & fuzzy that he handled Ta'amu! Oh wait, Walton did the same to Suh in college.... :confused:

Blake is arguably the #2 C in this draft with Jones & Zeitler (if he's moved - & ignoring moving DeCastro there). Sure he's worth a 2nd or 3rd if you need a C and you're willing to give him up to a year to develop.

My problem is that he's not worth a 2 or 3 for us... We already have two C's on the roster & to expect a rookie to be able to handle line calls with Peyton??? I'd rather draft Ryan Miller - bigger, stronger who also has good footwork. If you want an insurance plan then Blackwell is fine.

HammeredOut
04-05-2012, 06:25 PM
WTF are they doing to their receivers down at Georgia Tech and why in the world don't they throw the ball more? The only downside to hill is he will take a while to develop.

I honestly think Hill will be long gone before we get to select him.... Browns possibly.... Titans would be another who would sneak a look... Thats if after Floyd, and Blackmon are selected.... Hill might be next up... Another possibility would to look at Ja. Jenkins from Florida, CB.... I know he has a ton of problems, but I think a few talks from Elway, and Manning.... Ja.Jenkins would come around and believe in the system.... The other is... Ja.Jenkins could still available in the 2nd round, because off field problems have become worse, and worse... The apple never falls far from the tree.... This is a strong philosophy teams really believe in... I think J.J is better then Claibourne in terms of skill, and his rookie skill set is comparable to D.Revis when he came in as a rookie... It might be worth a gamble to develop.... Although it may not be a major need right now, why not look at the best players on the board.... even take a gamble...

CoachChaz
04-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Criner is going to be the WR steal of this draft

Tebowtime2011
04-06-2012, 01:31 AM
1st round stephen hill or devon still
2nd round doug martin or jayron hosley

SOCALORADO.
04-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Ooh... I feel all warm & fuzzy that he handled Ta'amu! Oh wait, Walton did the same to Suh in college.... :confused:

Blake is arguably the #2 C in this draft with Jones & Zeitler (if he's moved - & ignoring moving DeCastro there). Sure he's worth a 2nd or 3rd if you need a C and you're willing to give him up to a year to develop.

My problem is that he's not worth a 2 or 3 for us... We already have two C's on the roster & to expect a rookie to be able to handle line calls with Peyton??? I'd rather draft Ryan Miller - bigger, stronger who also has good footwork. If you want an insurance plan then Blackwell is fine.

Blake can easily play Guard as well. Oh, and he played alot ofTackle too. He is much more versatile that alot of the linemen in this draft.
Ryan Miller!?!?!? Hes a poor mans Philip Blake! LOL! If he goes to a team with an excellent line coach, he might have a chance. He needs alot of work on his mechanics, and is no more than a 5th round pick. He didnt help himself really since the season ended. I like him, but he needs alot more work, and i think he is a RT in the NFL. I wouldnt mind if DEN got him though. I think Blake can play right away, and with injuries to o-linemen so often, he could contribute as a rookie, and not just at C.

SOCALORADO.
04-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Alameda Ta'amu is a beast. I originally had him as a 3rd option for
the 1st round, but its only 2 players per round, and i think he will
be long gone by pick #57.
Hes the anchor DEN should be looking for in the middle of the
defensive line.

underrated29
04-06-2012, 10:35 AM
If we take a wr in the 1st im going to freak. If we take s hill in the first things are getting set on fire. he is big yes, and fast, but getting off the line, running routes, blocking and hands on this guy are all suspect. He is in no way worthy of a first round selection. There are many more players who have way less question marks. WAY LESSSSS..........that are all worthy of being selected before him. He reminds me of Devon Thomas, someone I was high on. There wasnt a lot of film on him but I thought he could grow...he didnt and is a waste of a first.

SpringsBroncoFan
04-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Blake can easily play Guard as well. Oh, and he played alot ofTackle too. He is much more versatile that alot of the linemen in this draft.
Ryan Miller!?!?!? Hes a poor mans Philip Blake! LOL! If he goes to a team with an excellent line coach, he might have a chance. He needs alot of work on his mechanics, and is no more than a 5th round pick. He didnt help himself really since the season ended. I like him, but he needs alot more work, and i think he is a RT in the NFL. I wouldnt mind if DEN got him though. I think Blake can play right away, and with injuries to o-linemen so often, he could contribute as a rookie, and not just at C.

If you want to laugh because you assume I'd pick Miller in the 3rd (when I've said I value him as a late 4th or 5th) then I'll laugh at you saying he can play T in the NFL...

You vastly overrate him... personally I like Brewster better. For depth I'd much prefer Blackwell with the 5th, or LeRibius or Johnson or Miller. Datko & Compton would take a 4th so I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

My problem with Blake is that we can't afford a depth/insurance pick with the 3rd. It needs to be a RB, CB, LB, or 2nd DT - although we'll probably take a QB...

SOCALORADO.
04-06-2012, 03:25 PM
If you want to laugh because you assume I'd pick Miller in the 3rd (when I've said I value him as a late 4th or 5th) then I'll laugh at you saying he can play T in the NFL...

You vastly overrate him... personally I like Brewster better. For depth I'd much prefer Blackwell with the 5th, or LeRibius or Johnson or Miller. Datko & Compton would take a 4th so I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

My problem with Blake is that we can't afford a depth/insurance pick with the 3rd. It needs to be a RB, CB, LB, or 2nd DT - although we'll probably take a QB...

Oh, i was of the opinion that instaed of Blake you would take Miller in the 3rd. My bad.
I like Blackwell. I would be happy if they just spent the some mid late picks on a guy like him.
Theres the ol saying that you can always find quality o-linemen in the later rounds.

Superchop 7
04-06-2012, 08:31 PM
PICK 108, Iloka S or Lewis OLB, Iloka is my answer to the 2 TE set, a former CB, tall....Lewis is a nice producer......4.75 in the 40 isn't great but 4.22 in the shuttle is. (definately quick)

Superchop 7
04-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Pick 120 Brewster C or Harris CB/PR These are two guys that I have seen play great football, they have the talent in them, just need coaches to bring it back out of them.

Superchop 7
04-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Rd 5 Crawford DE or Nix G......Jack Crawford is perfect in a back-up role as a pass rusher, he can be good when he wants to, Nix would be pushing Beadles, year 2 he could start.

Canmore
04-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Rd 5 Crawford DE or Nix G......Jack Crawford is perfect in a back-up role as a pass rusher, he can be good when he wants to, Nix would be pushing Beadles, year 2 he could start.

Anybody to push Beadles would be welcome.

Superchop 7
04-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Rd 6 Messina ILB or Cole ILB I knock rd 6 out of the park.

Superchop 7
04-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Anybody to push Beadles would be welcome.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Walking in the door he is a better run blocker.

HammeredOut
04-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Alameda Ta'amu is a beast. I originally had him as a 3rd option for
the 1st round, but its only 2 players per round, and i think he will
be long gone by pick #57.
Hes the anchor DEN should be looking for in the middle of the
defensive line.

I agree... Some backroom talk that the Browns want to pair him with Phil Taylor... I don't see it happening... I believe we need to move up in order to get him... Im not a strong believer that the draft has too many first round grades for DT other then Poe... I have them all bunched together as 2nd round talent... Although teams will draft based on need, Alameda will likely be gone by the 57th..

SpringsBroncoFan
04-07-2012, 12:28 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if Grant is going to be the one pushing Beadles... he was playing LG on the practice squad... not all that much difference between them save 1" & about 8 lbs...