PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos receiver Andre Caldwell is poised for a breakout season

Denver Native (Carol)
03-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Today's question about the Broncos comes from Dileep Rao:

Q: What do you think of Andre Caldwell? Is he a speedster, a la Mike Wallace? Or is he a hybrid down-the-field/possession-type player? Also, what kind of player is Tracy Porter? Better than André Goodman, whom he will surely displace? Is he good in coverage?

A: Dileep, to personnel executives around the NFL, Caldwell is a bit of a riddle. They see size, speed and that he's a fairly sound player fundamentally.

So, they wonder why, even in these pass-happy times, he has just one season (2009) with more than 40 catches? Playing in an offense with Peyton Manning gives him opportunity to be a breakout player, but so far he has largely played to his pre-draft scouting report.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20293024/denver-broncos-receiver-andre-caldwell-is-poised-breakout

SoCalImport
03-31-2012, 07:52 PM
If Caldwell can catch 40-50 balls for us I'll be really happy. Fact is it remains to be seen what our recovers can do with an accurate timely QB.

PAINTERDAVE
03-31-2012, 08:10 PM
It seems like we now have 3 journeymen receivers who are all 3
poised to take big leaps forward with PM slinging the rock.

I think the key words are - untapped potential.

I like it.

topscribe
03-31-2012, 08:49 PM
The best thing for a receiver is to be on the same team as a superstar-to-superstar combination. PM, of course, is one, and I really believe we are seeing the rise of another in Demaryius Thomas. What that is going to do for receivers such as Decker and Caldwell is give them single coverage. Caldwell has dangerous speed, if he can just use it. And Decker has shown he is very good in single coverage. Add Peyton's anticipation and deadly accuracy, and all the sudden the Broncos might have an awfully good corps . . .

CoachChaz
04-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Assuming Thomas learns how to run a route...and Decker can get separation from anyone...and Caldwell learns to utilize his skills...

...we might just have a decent corps of receivers

rationalfan
04-01-2012, 11:38 AM
The broncos' receivers are better than most people realize. They will surprise.

DenBronx
04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
More Broncos WRs poised for BIG years????

HAHAHAHAHA April Fools!!!!