PDA

View Full Version : Draft/Trade Idea From Another Board

OrangeHoof
04-22-2009, 11:20 AM
This idea comes from another board (not a Broncos board but from a draftnik) who thinks if the Broncos see Sanchez go off the board to the Seahawks at #4 and the Broncos are serious about having a first-round QB to develop, they could package #12 and #18 to the Browns for #5 (for B.J. Raji) and Brady Quinn.

I'm not saying I'm in favor of this as I'm neither a Quinn or a Raji fan, but it was an interesting idea. I personally think it would take more to get Quinn and #5 but I suppose if the Browns really want to trade down and want to unload Quinn (as is rumored), then it can make sense from their perspective.

From the Broncos' perspective, they guarantee that they get the DT they want and a QB familiar with the Patriots' offensive approach since he was tutored by Charlie Weis at Notre Dame.

So, would you do the deal? Myself, no. But then I don't favor using a high pick on a QB this year. Let Orton and Simms battle for the job and use your picks for defense.

turftoad
04-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I think that if we really wanted Quinn, he would have been a Bronco during the Cutler discussions.

claymore
04-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I might seriously lose it if that happened.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Gay idea.

Buff
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't want to trade up in the first round. Period.

claymore
04-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I wouldnt of traded Hackney for Quin.

dogfish
04-22-2009, 11:43 AM
i'd love to get raji, but that's too much to give up-- and we don't need a third string quarterback. . . .

turftoad
04-22-2009, 11:44 AM
i'd love to get raji, but that's too much to give up-- and we don't need a third string quarterback. . . .

Why not Dog, we already have two of them. :shocked:

NightTrainLayne
04-22-2009, 11:57 AM
I think that if we really wanted Quinn, he would have been a Bronco during the Cutler discussions.

/thread

underrated29
04-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Its already been reported we are not doing any trading up for a QB. i understand this scenario is slightly different, but at the same time it is also slightly the same.

I am worried that we do trade up for tyjax or raji. As its looking like niether will make it to 12 and those seem to be our top guys. But hopefully we will wait and go with rey and know.

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 12:19 PM
This idea comes from another board (not a Broncos board but from a draftnik) who thinks if the Broncos see Sanchez go off the board to the Seahawks at #4 and the Broncos are serious about having a first-round QB to develop, they could package #12 and #18 to the Browns for #5 (for B.J. Raji) and Brady Quinn.

I'm not saying I'm in favor of this as I'm neither a Quinn or a Raji fan, but it was an interesting idea. I personally think it would take more to get Quinn and #5 but I suppose if the Browns really want to trade down and want to unload Quinn (as is rumored), then it can make sense from their perspective.

From the Broncos' perspective, they guarantee that they get the DT they want and a QB familiar with the Patriots' offensive approach since he was tutored by Charlie Weis at Notre Dame.

So, would you do the deal? Myself, no. But then I don't favor using a high pick on a QB this year. Let Orton and Simms battle for the job and use your picks for defense.
What, exactly, has Quinn done to DESERVE 2-#1's?

Just because he was drafted in the first, doesn't mean squat!

It's what he's done on the field.

This is prolly one of the most uneducated 'guesses' I've read.

Thanks for showing there are still morons out there. :beer:

topscribe
04-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Its already been reported we are not doing any trading up for a QB. i understand this scenario is slightly different, but at the same time it is also slightly the same.

I am worried that we do trade up for tyjax or raji. As its looking like niether will make it to 12 and those seem to be our top guys. But hopefully we will wait and go with rey and know.

On the Dan Patrick show today, Mayock had Maualuga possibly sliding to the
late 1st round, if I heard right, because he is being viewed as a two-down LB.

-----

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Why not Dog, we already have two of them. :shocked:

I seem to recall Orton being a starter.

:rolleyes:

Dirk
04-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I agree not to do this. I want Raji but both number #1's for him and quinn don't make sense.

powderaddict
04-22-2009, 12:26 PM

he 2 #1's for Quinn AND the #5

It would be better than trading up for Sanchez IMO. I would rather they stay put and keep their picks though.

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 12:27 PM
On the Dan Patrick show today, Mayock had Maualuga possibly sliding to the
late 1st round, if I heard right, because he is being viewed as a two-down LB.

-----

First time I agree with the moron!

He still thinks denver needs to move up and get Sanchez.

What a frickin' zero!

topscribe
04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
he 2 #1's for Quinn AND the #5

It would be better than trading up for Sanchez IMO. I would rather they stay put and keep their picks though.

I have seen a lot of suggestions on these boards that have had me rolling my
eyes. This one resulted in coffee all over my monitor . . .

-----

topscribe
04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
First time I agree with the moron!

He still thinks denver needs to move up and get Sanchez.

What a frickin' zero!

I'll have to admit, that one had me going: :jaw:

-----

OrangeHoof
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM

The deal was for Quinn and the #5 overall draft pick, not for Quinn alone.

Thanks for showing there are still morons out there who can't READ a trade proposal before bashing it. :beer:

topscribe
04-22-2009, 12:50 PM

Thanks for showing there are still morons out there who can't READ a trade proposal before bashing it. :beer:

Okay, now that I have READ and RE-READ the trade proposal, I still bash it . . . :coffee:

-----

Dortoh
04-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I am starting to think that Pat White is a potential target. Obviously not in the 1st round but if he lingers into day 2 round 3 I would not be surprised.

underrated29
04-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I am starting to think that Pat White is a potential target. Obviously not in the 1st round but if he lingers into day 2 round 3 I would not be surprised.

Why? Did you hear that from someone in the know? Id love to know.

PS- if you havent already, have you checked with the guy who told you about the peppers thing? Maybe he has some good info on some things we are looking at now...

Dortoh
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Pat White is a pure guess on my part.

Peppers is fugging the panters by refusing to sign so he cant be moved.

powderaddict
04-22-2009, 01:56 PM
I have seen a lot of suggestions on these boards that have had me rolling my
eyes. This one resulted in coffee all over my monitor . . .

-----

What part of "I would rather they stay put and keep their picks though" had you spitting coffee?

I didn't say I liked the Quinn trade, just that I thought it would be preferable than trading up for Sanchez :rolleyes:

topscribe
04-22-2009, 02:01 PM
What part of "I would rather they stay put and keep their picks though" had you spitting coffee?

I didn't say I liked the Quinn trade, just that I thought it would be preferable than trading up for Sanchez :rolleyes:

It was the "idea from another board" that took me aback.

(Perhaps you need to become a bit more secure with yourself?)

-----

rationalfan
04-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Gay idea.

whoa. watch the language. it might offend vance johnson.

powderaddict
04-22-2009, 02:04 PM
It was the "idea from another board" that took me aback.

(Perhaps you need to become a bit more secure with yourself?)

-----

I was responding to the "idea from another board", not agreeing with it :lol:

(What makes you think I'm insecure?)

Dortoh
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
All the info from the "experts" at this point is worthless trash. Teams have their draft boards 99.9% set and would not allow an ounce of truth to leave the building.

topscribe
04-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I was responding to the "idea from another board", not agreeing with it :lol:

(What makes you think I'm insecure?)

I don't think that. Sorry about that. :D

-----

powderaddict
04-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't think that. Sorry about that. :D

-----

Good, I couldn't stand the thought that someone on the internet didn't like me!! :lol:

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 05:39 PM
let me ask you guys something.

does it make sense to package both of our picks to climb into the top 8 to select sanchez who is an unproven rookie that will command huge money alone just because he is a qb. or, does it make better sense if we have a qb in our draft plans to get bj raji (the best dt) AND a qb?

mayock wants us to trade 12 and 18 for sanchez
someone suggested we trade 12 and 18 for 2 KEY players. and quinn is a much better talent than sanchez.

i myself would be fine with that idea but still would rather us sit tight and select where we are supposed to for once. if sanchez, t-jack and bj raji are gone then theres a chance orakpo could fall. im not for trading up for 2 players unless we can trade simms. we dont need 3 qb's...we'd have to deal one of them.

Dortoh
04-22-2009, 05:42 PM

does it make sense to package both of our picks to climb into the top 8 to select sanchez who is an unproven rookie that will command huge money alone just because he is a qb. or, does it make better sense if we have a qb in our draft plans to get bj raji (the best dt) AND a qb?

someone suggested we trade 12 and 18 for 2 KEY players. and quinn is a much better talent than sanchez.

i myself would be fine with that idea but still would rather us sit tight and select where we are supposed to for once. if sanchez, t-jack and bj raji are gone then theres a chance orakpo could fall. im not for trading up for 2 players unless we can trade simms. we dont need 3 qb's...we'd have to deal one of them.

IF we want Sanchez first we need to keep an eye on the lions. They still might take Curry #1 (which they should IMHO) then things could get interesting as far as who takes Sanchez.

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 07:07 PM

:lol:

*Internet bully alert*

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
IF we want Sanchez first we need to keep an eye on the lions. They still might take Curry #1 (which they should IMHO) then things could get interesting as far as who takes Sanchez.

Their qb's have been sacked 169X in the last 3 season. Most people would assume before drafting/paying a QB, that they'd shore up their Oline so when they DO bring in/pay a QB, he'll survive!

Their 1st pick should be Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith. But since OT isn't a sexy pick, they'll just continue they're dumb ways.

omac
04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Their qb's have been sacked 169X in the last 3 season. Most people would assume before drafting/paying a QB, that they'd shore up their Oline so when they DO bring in/pay a QB, he'll survive!

Their 1st pick should be Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith. But since OT isn't a sexy pick, they'll just continue they're dumb ways.

Last draft, they did use their 1st round pick on an OT to shore up their OL, so it wasn't for not trying.

They could still pick Stafford, as long as they don't start him too early; let Culpepper taking the beatings while they improve the team. Heck, Cassel took 47 sacks, and he seems fine. :D

Besides, a new QB symbolizes new hope and a face for the franchise, and that usually equates to more ticket sales. People were against Atlanta picking a QB, yet the new regime wanted to project a new image on a franchise marred by Michael Vick and Bobby Petrino. It worked out pretty well.

bullis26
04-22-2009, 09:00 PM

Jay Cutler didnt want to play for mangini, Bus Cook also represented favre who played for mangenuis

horsepig
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM

There's only one guy I'm going to even consider trading up for-Orakpo. If we can gret this guy, great. Otherwise just make smart picks with the really nice picks we have to play with this draft.

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Jay Cutler didnt want to play for mangini, Bus Cook also represented favre who played for mangenuis

Frankly, who gives a shit who cut-n-run'er did/did not want to play for. He had ZERO say in the matter. McD could have sent him to the NYG to ride the bench behind ELI if he'd have gotten the best deal.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Preach it on brother RCsodak.

rcsodak
04-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Preach it on borther Rcsodak.

Just never learn, do you, dream.:rolleyes:

DenBronx
04-22-2009, 10:56 PM

i think it was reported that they already have a deal with stafford. i want the lions to take stafford....that eliminates sanchez falling to us.

Bad Intentions
04-23-2009, 07:20 AM
That's actually pretty good value in return. A first round QB and a top 5 pick for two first rounders outside the top 10. Problem is, I'm not so sure I would want anybody at #5 other than Aaron Curry. The other problem is, I think if they made a move like that it would be for Orakpo who many teams are in love with b/c of his work hard attitude/mentality.

Finally, while I think Quinn can be an excellent player... especially when he is put into a consistent system... I think we need to spend two first round picks on players outside of the QB position. I think you'll see the Broncos grab Tyson Jackson (if he falls to #12) in a heartbeat. At #18 I think you get your edge rusher that can stand up or put his hand down. Top 3 candidates for that, IMO. Clay Mathews Jr. Robert Ayers. Julius Peppers. Personally, you know for sure what you're going to get from Peppers, but it's about $5m per year difference between a draft pick and a trade for JPep.

This draft is going to be fun to watch. All kinds of unknowns in this one!!! Starting with the top. Will Detroit take Stafford, Curry or find a trade partner? The Chiefs want out of the 3 spot. The Seahawks are rumored to like Sanchez but also could use a replacement for Walter Jones, and they will most likely have either Jason Smith or 'Gene Monroe to choose from. The Browns... Crabtree, Orakpo, Curry, Sanchez. Many rumors there! A couple picks later you have the Raiders who could go about 20 different ways. If they're smart they go OT and get a guy like Andre Smith or Michael Oher. But if Crabtree falls he'll likely be the pick and Maclin with his playmaking ability is possible as well. THIS DRAFT WILL BE EPIC!

Bad Intentions
04-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Frankly, who gives a shit who cut-n-run'er did/did not want to play for. He had ZERO say in the matter. McD could have sent him to the NYG to ride the bench behind ELI if he'd have gotten the best deal.

Uhh, did you consider that the Browns probably called Bus/Cutler to gauge his interest in playing for them/Mangini? They aren't going to give up a bunch of picks/players for a guy that they can't resign. So, even if Denver was willing to do the deal, if the Browns balked b/c of Cutler being a wussy, there is no deal... regardless of what we wanted.

Dortoh
04-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Uhh, did you consider that the Browns probably called Bus/Cutler to gauge his interest in playing for them/Mangini? They aren't going to give up a bunch of picks/players for a guy that they can't resign. So, even if Denver was willing to do the deal, if the Browns balked b/c of Cutler being a wussy, there is no deal... regardless of what we wanted.

Where is the line of tampering? Cutler was at that time still under contract with the Denver Broncos.

Not sure what the rule is here.....anyone???

Bad Intentions
04-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Where is the line of tampering? Cutler was at that time still under contract with the Denver Broncos.

Not sure what the rule is here.....anyone???

Umm, I'm pretty sure tampering is a regular occurrence... especially with Bus Cook players. Remember Brett Favre last year with the cell phone and all that good stuff? It happens... A LOT! But, even still, the Broncos likely gave Cook permission to discuss his player with other teams, not that he would have needed permission.

rcsodak
04-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Uhh, you could be right.
My point was cut-n-run'er didn't have a say in his next team.

weazel
04-23-2009, 01:29 PM

why do we keep seeing these ridiculous QB posts? :listen: McDaniels traded for the guy he wanted, get over it. These threads should be tossed in the dumpster, man this is painful.

topscribe
04-23-2009, 01:54 PM
why do we keep seeing these ridiculous QB posts? :listen: McDaniels traded for the guy he wanted, get over it. These threads should be tossed in the dumpster, man this is painful.

Take two aspirins and call me in the morning. :D

-----

OrangeHoof
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM

Because a) Sanchez had a high-profile workout exclusively with the Broncos and b) draft dweebs still keep talking as if the Broncos are in need of a QB.

Personally, I'd rather let them work on Orton and Simms for awhile and see if they have a keeper but if the Broncos felt that way then why are they working out Sanchez privately? I hope they stay the hell away from Sanchez and draft defense, defense, defense but it sure looks like McDiapers only wants to play with the offense and will let Nolan fix the defense with the crumbs that are left over.

rcsodak
04-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Because a) Sanchez had a high-profile workout exclusively with the Broncos and b) draft dweebs still keep talking as if the Broncos are in need of a QB.

Personally, I'd rather let them work on Orton and Simms for awhile and see if they have a keeper but if the Broncos felt that way then why are they working out Sanchez privately? I hope they stay the hell away from Sanchez and draft defense, defense, defense but it sure looks like McDiapers only wants to play with the offense and will let Nolan fix the defense with the crumbs that are left over.

If you don't know the answer to that, then you've not been around the NFL draft before. :lol: