PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton on the Dan Patrick show tomorrow

Thnikkaman
04-21-2009, 06:40 PM
www.danpatrick.com

I will try to update in the morning when I know what time.

Thnikkaman
04-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Son was up sick last night, so I am just getting up now. They don't have the time announced, but I can tell you which hour of the podcast he will be on, and if I haven't missed it yet, I will try to give a brief synopses.

Thnikkaman
04-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Orton will be on in the next segment.

Thnikkaman
04-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Orton played the "I'm working hard, don't know who will be starting, everything is good here", and then Dan rubbed him about not getting picked in the draft on the first day.

claymore
04-22-2009, 10:59 AM
New Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton joined the show to discuss his new team and more ...

-- Orton said he was shopping for groceries when he got a call from Bears coach Lovie Smith. He knew something was up. Orton said all the right things. He said he's not bitter about it.

-- Dan asked Orton about the team looking at USC quarterback Mark Sanchez yesterday.

"This is the NFL and you're always going to have competition, especially at this position," Orton said.

-- Orton said he won't watch the draft on Saturday. Dan asked why. "It's probably the most boring 10 hours I've ever seen," Orton said.

-- Dan asked him about the day he was drafted.

"I had a draft party, because I thought I was going to be a first-day choice," Orton said. "Half-way through the third round I thought 'uh oh.'"

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2009, 11:01 AM
LOL. "Uh oh!"

underrated29
04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Was he graded as a 1st rd talent comming out? Or was he just sky high in his hopes.

NightTrainLayne
04-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Was he graded as a 1st rd talent comming out? Or was he just sky high in his hopes.

He said 1st day in that quote above, not first round.

Rick
04-22-2009, 12:16 PM
According to this site he was actually thought of as a first round prospect at one point.

http://www.geocities.com/kac1999/05korton.html

This one had him at #54 prospect.

http://www.sportspool.com/football/draft/84.php