PDA

View Full Version : Manning Already at Work

Mannway187
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM
“I feel I have an obligation to my teammates, to the coaches, to management, to the owner, Mr. Bowlen, for bringing me here, to go out and be the best quarterback I can be to help them win,” Manning said. “I have a job to do and they’ve made a commitment to me. And so I’m committed to doing everything I can to help them. That’s what I’ve always tried to do and, like I said, I have work to do, and that’s why I’m here and haven’t left here since I signed last Tuesday. And plan on being here all offseason, trying to get ready to play and get ready to win some games this year".

Gotta love that attitude. Sure makes it easy to forget about the miserable Mcwhatshisname experiment. Can't wait to see the results. By the time Manning retires the Steelers might have the second most Super Bowl wins of all time.

I wonder if this is how the Chiefs felt back when they signed Montana. OUCH, that reality bitch just slapped up side my head.

Dapper Dan
03-30-2012, 11:28 AM
People. The next time you decide to start a word with Mc, can you just not say it at all? It's old. He's gone. I'm a Vols fan, we don't talk about Lane Kiffin. The references are subtle but why won't they go away altogether?

I agree with the Chiefs thing. That's an interesting take. I wonder if that's how they felt. I'm really hoping our situation turns out best case scenario. I really think Peyton is still a 30 year old QB as far as his body is concerned. And I feel like Montana was a system QB whereas I believe Peyton has the smarts as skill to work any system. Besides the read option, triple option, etc, of course.

topscribe
03-30-2012, 11:34 AM
People. The next time you decide to start a word with Mc, can you just not say it at all? It's old. He's gone. I'm a Vols fan, we don't talk about Lane Kiffin. The references are subtle but why won't they go away altogether?

I agree with the Chiefs thing. That's an interesting take. I wonder if that's how they felt. I'm really hoping our situation turns out best case scenario. I really think Peyton is still a 30 year old QB as far as his body is concerned. And I feel like Montana was a system QB whereas I believe Peyton has the smarts as skill to work any system. Besides the read option, triple option, etc, of course.
Agreed. Leave McFired alone. McFail is gone. We might still be living with the damage McDisaster left behind, but oh well . . .

Dapper Dan
03-30-2012, 11:37 AM
McSmartass.

topscribe
03-30-2012, 11:42 AM
McSmartass.
Better to be a McSmartass than a McDumbass, right? :D

Ravage!!!
03-30-2012, 11:54 AM

I have NO problems with Manning behing over 30. 30 is where most QBs start to be GREAT. Montana wasn't a 'systems' QB when he took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game in 93, and beat our beloved Broncos (and John Elway) on one of the greatest MNF games ever.

Peyton wouldn't have played for McDoosh

SR
03-30-2012, 11:56 AM
It's just a good thing Peyton's last name isn't McManning. We'd be up McShit creek without a McPaddle.

Northman
03-30-2012, 12:19 PM
This thread is getting Mcdiculous.

Mannway187
03-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I have NO problems with Manning behing over 30. 30 is where most QBs start to be GREAT. Montana wasn't a 'systems' QB when he took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game in 93, and beat our beloved Broncos (and John Elway) on one of the greatest MNF games ever.

Peyton wouldn't have played for McDoosh

The Chiefs were coached by Shotdownintheplayoffsinheimer back then. Montana quit after he got a taste of Marty's playoff pudding pie. But that was THE greatest game I ever watched us lose. And I seen us lose a few, but none more exiting than that one.

Cugel
03-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Agreed. Leave McFired alone. McFail is gone. We might still be living with the damage McDisaster left behind, but oh well . . .

I agree Top. McMoron IS gone, and we should all just get over it. He ran the team into an iceberg, and at the same time caused it to explode in flames and go down like the Hindenburg, but on the day McImbecile drove off into the sunset we should all just let it go! McApocalypse should never enter our thoughts.

BroncoNut
03-30-2012, 12:38 PM
I hear he and Mrs. Manning bought a house in Arvada

dogfish
03-30-2012, 12:41 PM
i'm kinda wondering if he might show up at the bar tonight. . .

"drink that beer! drink that beer!"

Cugel
03-30-2012, 12:42 PM
The Chiefs were coached by Shotdownintheplayoffsinheimer back then. Montana quit after he got a taste of Marty's playoff pudding pie. But that was THE greatest game I ever watched us lose. And I seen us lose a few, but none more exiting than that one.

There were a lot of reasons the Chiefs never made it to the SB with Montana, but the biggest was simply that they didn't get enough real talent around him.

The same thing applies here. Denver does NOT have a SB caliber team right now. We don't have a dominant defense, like the Giants do, nor do we have the offensive weapons that Green Bay had last year.

It's going to take a while for the rest of the Broncos to catch up to Manning.

All you have to do is think about the weapons Elway had when we won the first SB -- and that came down to the wire with the Packers driving for a chance at a go-ahead score when they ran out of downs and time: Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharpe, T.D., Gary Zimmerman. Two HOF, T.D. who deserves to be in the HOF, and Rod Smith who certainly deserves some consideration.

Not one player on the current Broncos comes close to those players.

Ravage!!!
03-30-2012, 12:47 PM
There were a lot of reasons the Chiefs never made it to the SB with Montana, but the biggest was simply that they didn't get enough real talent around him.

The same thing applies here. Denver does NOT have a SB caliber team right now. We don't have a dominant defense, like the Giants do, nor do we have the offensive weapons that Green Bay had last year.

It's going to take a while for the rest of the Broncos to catch up to Manning.

All you have to do is think about the weapons Elway had when we won the first SB -- and that came down to the wire with the Packers driving for a chance at a go-ahead score when they ran out of downs and time: Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharpe, T.D., Gary Zimmerman. Two HOF, T.D. who deserves to be in the HOF, and Rod Smith who certainly deserves some consideration.

Not one player on the current Broncos comes close to those players.

How many players on the Giants roster come to those standards?

Eli is by FAR the biggest and MOST IMPORTANT player on that entire roster. He has mediocre WRs, and mediocre RBs. What makes that team tick, is Eli. We have Peyton. The QB can make THAT much of a difference.

vandammage13
03-30-2012, 12:54 PM

WOW!!! Really??? :laugh: The guy just missed an entire season due to injury and you think he has the body of a 30 year old QB? If anything, last year is an indication that age finally might be catching up to the guy.

CoachChaz
03-30-2012, 01:19 PM
How many players on the Giants roster come to those standards?

Eli is by FAR the biggest and MOST IMPORTANT player on that entire roster. He has mediocre WRs, and mediocre RBs. What makes that team tick, is Eli. We have Peyton. The QB can make THAT much of a difference.

Amen!!! When people start pissing and moaning about out O-line, the Giants are the team I like to refer them to. Their OL isnt much to get excited about either. But they have rings.

As far as a dominant defense...They have a pass rush and nothing more. The back 7 are average at best

WARHORSE
03-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Look. This is the football gods giving the B R O N C O S fans a reprieve from all the bullarkey theyve had to endure since..............Cutler, Schefter and Marshall were drafted. We went from promising outlook to total devastation in three shakes thanks to McManic.

Peyton was a life preserver tossed into the bathtub of a drowning midget fat lady hugging a revolver holding a single chambered bullet, who was singing songs of better days. The fat lady was singing and she was almost out of breath.

Peyton is here and the clouds just broke, the sun is shining.

Ravage!!!
03-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Look. This is the football gods giving the B R O N C O S fans a reprieve from all the bullarkey theyve had to endure since..............Cutler, Schefter and Marshall were drafted. We went from promising outlook to total devastation in three shakes thanks to McManic.

Peyton was a life preserver tossed into the bathtub of a drowning midget fat lady hugging a revolver holding a single chambered bullet, who was singing songs of better days. The fat lady was singing and she was almost out of breath.

Peyton is here and the clouds just broke, the sun is shining.

Interesting imagery, there

Ravage!!!
03-30-2012, 02:07 PM
WOW!!! Really??? :laugh: The guy just missed an entire season due to injury and you think he has the body of a 30 year old QB? If anything, last year is an indication that age finally might be catching up to the guy.

He never missed a game in 14 seasons as an NFL QB.

If anything, it shows just how much a single QB can make a difference to a team.

Slick
03-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Sounds like Peyton still has the fire and dedication. Good to hear! Hopefully our guys are willing to put in the time with him to help make the transition as smooth as possible. The offense will be completely different. I am a little more worried about our guys adjusting to Peyton than I am Peyton being ready to go.

SOCALORADO.
03-30-2012, 02:46 PM

You mispelled his name. Its Shotmyselfinthefootenheimer.
Just sayin.

Ravage!!!
03-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Schottenheimer is a GREAT coach. One of the absolute, very best.

spikerman
03-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Sounds like Peyton still has the fire and dedication. Good to hear! Hopefully our guys are willing to put in the time with him to help make the transition as smooth as possible. The offense will be completely different. I am a little more worried about our guys adjusting to Peyton than I am Peyton being ready to go.

Agreed, and players had better develop some thick skin too because while TT was always positive to the guys, Manning will have absolutely no problem calling them out if they make a mistake.

Ravage!!!
03-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Agreed, and players had better develop some thick skin too because while TT was always positive to the guys, Manning will have absolutely no problem calling them out if they make a mistake.

Yeah, but I'm sure they've been called out from coaches from their elementary, junior high, high school, college, and professional years in football. Not to mention, when you hear correction from a guy like Manning, you take heed and listen.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2012, 03:51 PM
=Mannway187;1602914]“I feel I have an obligation to my teammates, to the coaches, to management, to the owner, Mr. Bowlen, for bringing me here, to go out and be the best quarterback I can be to help them win,” Manning said. “I have a job to do and they’ve made a commitment to me. And so I’m committed to doing everything I can to help them. That’s what I’ve always tried to do and, like I said, I have work to do, and that’s why I’m here and haven’t left here since I signed last Tuesday. And plan on being here all offseason, trying to get ready to play and get ready to win some games this year".

Since this came from the official Denver Broncos site, and this is the last paragraph in the article, here is the link so all can read the entire article.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Manning-Already-at-Work/8b453f90-231d-4941-9fd8-903c9c178b2e

spikerman
03-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah, but I'm sure they've been called out from coaches from their elementary, junior high, high school, college, and professional years in football. Not to mention, when you hear correction from a guy like Manning, you take heed and listen.

I have no doubt that's the case, but it's still going to be a bit of a change for them. Some guys take criticism well, others don't. I would think that for some of the big egos in professional sports it's a lot easier to take criticism from a coach than a fellow player, even if that fellow player is one of the greatest to ever play the position. He can take the Broncos where they want to go, but the players are going to have to understand that and follow his "advice". Of course, I suspect that he'll have no problem establishing himself as the leader of the offense right away.

Dapper Dan
03-30-2012, 04:09 PM

Elvis Dumervil also missed a full season. Manning always takes the least amount of sacks and takes the least amount of hits compared to anyone in the NFL.

DenBronx
03-30-2012, 05:23 PM
You're all a bunch of McHomos.