PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Cinemax/HBO Movie Gems .....

omac
10-21-2007, 07:27 AM
What are some movies that you've never heard of, but you discovered on cable and liked?

Grandma's Boy: About a 30-something video game tester who's forced to move in with his grandma. Hillarious: video games, beer, weed, chicks, and surprisingly, a cool script. :cool:

Brick: A detective noir - style movie, but set in the present with young actors and a drug theme. I think it was an independent movie; stars the young actor from the comedy 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Omega Doom: Really, really, really, really bad sci-fi, after-the-holocaust B-movie starring Rutger Hauer as a mercenary who walks into town, ala Fist Full of Dollars, but with androids instead of cowboys. Really, really bad. I liked it. :D

Nick
10-27-2007, 03:18 PM
What are some movies that you've never heard of, but you discovered on cable and liked?

Grandma's Boy: About a 30-something video game tester who's forced to move in with his grandma. Hillarious: video games, beer, weed, chicks, and surprisingly, a cool script. :cool:

Brick: A detective noir - style movie, but set in the present with young actors and a drug theme. I think it was an independent movie; stars the young actor from the comedy 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Omega Doom: Really, really, really, really bad sci-fi, after-the-holocaust B-movie starring Rutger Hauer as a mercenary who walks into town, ala Fist Full of Dollars, but with androids instead of cowboys. Really, really bad. I liked it. :D

I wanted to see Brick when it was in theatre but missed the oppurtunity and Rented it. Was a ok movie... I thought it was going to be ALOT better then it was from the hype it got as a independet film.

I honestly saw the movie buried alive when I was kid on cable (USA station) and loved it. Think it might still come on once a month or two months.

The only other one I remember are some of the police accedamys and space balls etc.,

These are not really hidden gems though. I am a huge movie buff so finding a gem is like finding a diamond in a rough when it comes to TV... OH Showtime has those horror movies on Friday nights... some are pretty good.

speardog
10-31-2007, 05:49 AM
a recent movie that I saw and liked but never heard of before was called "next". It's a Nicholas Cage movie and had a cool premise and some nice effects and of course Jessica Beil is always easy on the eyes.

Here is a link for it.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0435705/

omac
11-17-2007, 01:09 AM
I wanted to see Brick when it was in theatre but missed the oppurtunity and Rented it. Was a ok movie... I thought it was going to be ALOT better then it was from the hype it got as a independet film.

I honestly saw the movie buried alive when I was kid on cable (USA station) and loved it. Think it might still come on once a month or two months.

The only other one I remember are some of the police accedamys and space balls etc.,

These are not really hidden gems though. I am a huge movie buff so finding a gem is like finding a diamond in a rough when it comes to TV... OH Showtime has those horror movies on Friday nights... some are pretty good.

Yeah, that's the problem when you watch a whole lot of movies; hard to find something good you haven't seen. Also, sometimes some people like a certain movie, but you don't because it looks like a re-worked/borrowed/copied idea from an older, better movie. You can spot the copycats easily.

omac
11-17-2007, 01:11 AM
a recent movie that I saw and liked but never heard of before was called "next". It's a Nicholas Cage movie and had a cool premise and some nice effects and of course Jessica Beil is always easy on the eyes.

Here is a link for it.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0435705/

Yeah, I saw that on video. It was fun, and Jessica Biel is always hot. On Blade 3, though, her shoulders were getting massive from her workouts. :D

omac
11-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Saw a good one last night on HBO that I've never heard of, but it's apparently a series, not a movie.

"Smith", with Ray Liotta, about an organized group of thieves who go on big heists. I found it much better than the series "Thief"; can't remember if I saw the series "Heist".