PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft for the Ages (Fun and interesting)

Dirk
04-20-2009, 09:34 AM
So many different spins have been put on the NFL draft. Who were the biggest busts? Who were the most memorable steals? What were the greatest drafts by team? What was the best draft class? Which positions pay the most dividends? Etc.

In short, it's difficult to break new ground in discussion of the draft, which has mushroomed into one of the biggest preoccupations of the entire sports calendar for fans. Nevertheless, we reach deep into our imaginations to come up with a fresh, delightfully preposterous spin:

What if we could hop in a time machine and bring back all the best prospects in history for this year's draft? Of course, professional accomplishments don't count. This exercise is based strictly on the scouting reports at the conclusion of college careers. Our big board is an amalgam of only the most ballyhooed prospects. With a few exceptions, these are players who were drafted in the top five overall. Players such as Joe Montana and Tom Brady, who were seen as too physically limited by many evaluators, need not apply.

1. Lions: John Elway, QB, Stanford

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=ages1/090420&sportCat=nfl

Nomad
04-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Knowing what I saw and know, I'd move up for Lawerence Taylor with the 12 and take Walker, Cambell, or Butkus at 18! Never saw Butkus play in real time though:D!

Lonestar
04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Knowing what I saw and know, I'd move up for Lawerence Taylor with the 12 and take Walker, Cambell, or Butkus at 18! Never saw Butkus play in real time though:D!

Take ray lewis remove the on field hype and rah-rah remove a coulpe front teeth cover the nose in blood. Multiply the tackles and mean factor by about 50 percent and you have butkusssss

Ravage!!!
04-20-2009, 09:23 PM
I was going to make a thread drafting for the teams needs THIS YEAR by using any player in history. What player would the 32 NFL teams take if they still held to their 'needs' of this draft?

At #2 the Rams take..... Jerry Rice
#3... the Chiefs take... Lawrence Taylor
#4... the Seahawks take...Walter Payton
#5... the Browns take... Jim Brown (they need something to remind them of actually winning)
#6... the Bengals take...Bruce Mathews
#7... the Raiders take... Mike Vick (because they are still the dumbest drafting team in the NFL)
#8... the Jaguars take...Joe Montana
#9... the Packers take...Reggie White
#10... the 49ers take....Jack Ham
#11... the Bills take...Kellen Winslow
#12... the Broncos take... Rubin Carter