PDA

View Full Version : 26 39 3

NightTrainLayne
03-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Those are the numbers that stuck out at me from Peter King's article in SI today.

Peyton Manning-led offenses average scoring 26 points per game.

In John Fox's career as a head coach, when his team has scored 26 points or more, his team has a 39 - 3 record.

What more needs to be said?

Yes, winning a bunch of games where your offense scores 26 points is pretty much expected in the NFL.

But. . . . . . THAT'S THE POINT! We have a coaching staff capable of running a defense that WILL win with a productive offense.

I can't wait to see them on the field.

Nomad
03-27-2012, 10:46 PM
I hope Manning's still that same guy ......build a strong defense and special team just in case.

Canmore
03-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Those are the numbers that stuck out at me from Peter King's article in SI today.

In John Fox's career as a head coach, when his team has scored 26 points or more, his team has a 39 - 3 record.

Yes, winning a bunch of games where your offense scores 26 points is pretty much expected in the NFL.

But. . . . . . THAT'S THE POINT! We have a coaching staff capable of running a defense that WILL win with a productive offense.

I can live with those numbers.

NightTrainLayne
03-27-2012, 10:55 PM
I hope Manning's still that same guy ......build a strong defense and special team just in case.

Yes, that is the key. I do trust that Peyton Manning really is the consummate professional who wouldn't allow himself to put an inferior product on the field.

I think that our offensive skill positions have what's necessary to score. The question marks are mainly on the line.

We will need a defense still. The playoffs are where you run into someone else that can keep even Manning from scoring 26 points. We will surely need a year to shore that side up enough to make a legitimate run. Hopefully, no more than a year because Mannings window is closing whether we like it or not.

Ziggy
03-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Manning will make our offensive line look very good NTL. He'll have everyone in the best position to succeed before the snap, and then will get the ball out quickly and accurately. Tamme was a key signing. He knows how to get open quickly over the middle of the field in a Manning system. I'm looking forward to some early leads by the Broncos for a change.

iLands
03-28-2012, 06:48 AM
That was my favorite part of the article.

Medford Bronco
03-28-2012, 07:02 AM

Great post NTL. I agree, this is why we had to try to go from 17 at the most to mid 20s or at the worst even 23 PPG.

Dont you think the defense would love that and not hope for miracle wins each week?

Medford Bronco
03-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Manning will make our offensive line look very good NTL. He'll have everyone in the best position to succeed before the snap, and then will get the ball out quickly and accurately. Tamme was a key signing. He knows how to get open quickly over the middle of the field in a Manning system. I'm looking forward to some early leads by the Broncos for a change.

what ever happened to Dallas Clark? I am sure we are most likely done at TE but was surprised he did not come here. He must be really hurt then?:confused:

Jsteve01
03-28-2012, 07:22 AM

what ever happened to Dallas Clark? I am sure we are most likely done at TE but was surprised he did not come here. He must be really hurt then?:confused:tamme. Plays that role and he's young. Then factor in guys like Thomas and green and I don't think.there is a good role for clarkclark

SOCALORADO.
03-28-2012, 08:08 AM
tamme. Plays that role and he's young. Then factor in guys like Thomas and green and I don't think.there is a good role for clarkclark

Exactly. Once Tamme and Dreessen were signed, Clark was an afterthought.
Tamme was the one who was getting hot with Manning before last season.
Tamme was the future at TE in INDY. I wanted him before DEN even had Manning!
Now DEN needs to go get DT Okoye and do a sign and trade for JStew, draft
some DTs, and the team is set.

slim
03-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Exactly. Once Tamme and Dreessen were signed, Clark was an afterthought.
Tamme was the one who was getting hot with Manning before last season.
Tamme was the future at TE in INDY. I wanted him before DEN even had Manning!
Now DEN needs to go get DT Okoye and do a sign and trade for JStew, draft
some DTs, and the team is set.

Well, the defense needs more work than that....so does the OL.