PDA

View Full Version : Elway-Manning pairing deemed 'powerful'

Denver Native (Carol)
03-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Gary Kubiak has backed up and coached John Elway. He has been a long-time competitor of Peyton Manning.

Kubiak is worried about Elway and Manning combining forces in Denver, where the veteran quarterback signed last week. Here is what Kubiak, head coach of the Houston Texans, thinks of the pairing:

"That's a hell of a combination there,” Kubiak said the NFL owners meetings. “That's powerful. It's great for their organization. It's a big move by John and the organization on this guy, probably the greatest quarterback ever to play the game. He seems healthy, ready to go, so it's a big move by them. They've got a good football team already. They're sitting in the playoffs last year. Their defense played well over the course of the season.

“I think everybody had better worry about it. It's a very powerful combination."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/42255/elway-manning-pairing-deemed-powerful

BroncoWave
03-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Nice! Already have other AFC teams shaking in their boots!

chazoe60
03-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Kubes will always be a Bronco to me.

Dzone
03-27-2012, 09:10 PM
I love this! 4 months to go!

jhildebrand
03-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Kubes can be my huckleberry

hotcarl
03-27-2012, 09:17 PM
wow really riveting stuff! Very enlightening! Unbelievable!,, I wish I had a twoogle! News is a mystery weeheeeee

hotcarl
03-27-2012, 09:18 PM
What is the "website" for espn.com??m?,l whAt buton? 5? 4? R. W,keke

chazoe60
03-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Hotcarl will troll anyone, even Carol. Maybe Hotcarl is Carol's evil alterego?

MOtorboat
03-27-2012, 10:10 PM
So glad to root for a team that finally puts fear into opposing coaches and fans, rather than getting laughed at.

NightTrainLayne
03-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Hotcarl will troll anyone, even Carol. Maybe Hotcarl is Carol's evil alterego?

I'm sad to see Hotcarl jump the shark. He used to be funny.

Broncfan1970
03-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Amen to that!!!!

Davii
03-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm sad to see Hotcarl jump the shark. He used to be funny.

This must've been at the freak, he's never been funny to my knowledge.

Broncfan1970
03-27-2012, 10:31 PM
And a definite amen to that!!!!!

Cugel
03-28-2012, 04:24 PM
I don't know what Kubiac is talking about really. What is Elway going to do now that Manning is in town? Obviously getting him helps the Broncos tremendously, and it was a good move by Elway to woo him here.

But, how is this a "powerful combination?" Maybe Elway will be able to lure other high-priced FAs? But, there's no sign the team will try and sign any.

Elway's impact might be felt in the draft and perhaps in further FA acquisitions. But, I'm not sure how he and Manning combine?

broncobryce
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't know what Kubiac is talking about really. What is Elway going to do now that Manning is in town? Obviously getting him helps the Broncos tremendously, and it was a good move by Elway to woo him here.

But, how is this a "powerful combination?" Maybe Elway will be able to lure other high-priced FAs? But, there's no sign the team will try and sign any.

Elway's impact might be felt in the draft and perhaps in further FA acquisitions. But, I'm not sure how he and Manning combine?

I think he means Elway will cheer loudly when Manning throws a TD pass, and pat himself on the back.

Davii
03-28-2012, 11:12 PM
I think he means Elway will cheer loudly when Manning throws a TD pass, and pat himself on the back.

With as good as Manning is, you don't think there's anything he could learn from Elway? I'm certain there is something related to his game that Elway could help Manning with.

Canmore
03-28-2012, 11:14 PM
With as good as Manning is, you don't think there's anything he could learn from Elway? I'm certain there is something related to his game that Elway could help Manning with.

Well, Elway was going to work with Tebow. As competitive as Manning and Elway are, I wouldn't find it surprising if they discussed a little football.

DenBronx
03-28-2012, 11:31 PM
At some point this offseason I'm going to buy a Manning jersey. Just want to wait until Nike comes out with the new ones.

Not sure if I should go orange, blue or white. I only own blue and orange so maybe I should go with the white one. Tuff and very important life decisions I must make. :laugh:

FanInAZ
03-28-2012, 11:33 PM

I could see Elway interjecting a little when they're critiquing the receivers. However, Manning, who's already an elite QB, has a style that is what it is after successful 14 NFL seasons. I'm pretty sure Elway will let Manning be Manning. Any “coaching” by Elway would probably be him poking fun at what he had to deal with during his 1st year as GM.

dogfish
03-28-2012, 11:35 PM
At some point this offseason I'm going to buy a Manning jersey. Just want to wait until Nike comes out with the new ones.

Not sure if I should go orange, blue or white. I only own blue and orange so maybe I should go with the white one. Tuff and very important life decisions I must make. :laugh:

if you go with white, don't pull a tink and spill nacho cheese on it. . .

DenBronx
03-28-2012, 11:43 PM
if you go with white, don't pull a tink and spill nacho cheese on it. . .

Usually the only thing I spill on a jersey is beer.