PDA

View Full Version : Capspace left?

701Bronco
03-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Anybody know how much is left? any room to sign any more big name players?

SOCALORADO.
03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I think we have about 21 MIL left.

Canmore
03-27-2012, 04:21 PM
I think we have about 21 MIL left.

Really?

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Remember that $40 million in salary cap space the Broncos had entering the 2012 offseason? They figured out how to spend it. In the past 10 days, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen has invested nearly $140 million in nine players.

A look at how the Broncos have spent during this free agency period, with their total contract and how much they count against the cap in 2012:

Peyton Manning, QB … 5 years, $96 million … $18 million
Joe Mays, MLB* … 3 years, $12 million … $4 million
Joel Dreessen, TE … 3 years, $8.5 million … $4 million
Jacob Tamme, TE … 3 years, $8 million … $3.5 million
Tracy Porter, CB … 1 year, $4 million … $4 million
Mike Adams, S … 2 years, $4 million … $2 million
Wesley Woodyard, LB* … 2 years, $4 million … $2 milion
Andre Caldwell, WR … 2 years, $1.8 million … $900,000**
Caleb Hanie, QB … 1 year, $1.25 million … $1.25 million***

Totals … $139.55 million … $39.65 million

Denver Native (Carol)
03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Remember that $40 million in salary cap space the Broncos had entering the 2012 offseason? They figured out how to spend it. In the past 10 days, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen has invested nearly $140 million in nine players.

A look at how the Broncos have spent during this free agency period, with their total contract and how much they count against the cap in 2012:

rest - shows what has been spent - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/27/bowlen-dollars-broncos-nfl-free-agency/12828/

FanInAZ
03-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Caleb Hanie, QB … 1 year, $1.25 million … $1.25 million***

I remember back in ‘83 when Elway 1st NFL player to sign a $1 million per year contract, people thought it was an insane amount to pay to an unproven rookie.

:eek: Now were pay 25% more for a 2nd stringer who was run out of his 1st town :eek:

Grover
03-27-2012, 05:16 PM
So it looks like Bowlen spent his $40 Million and now we have $1.50 left in cap room. How do we sign our 2012 draft picks? Restructure contracts and terminate existing players?

HammeredOut
03-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Anybody know how much is left? any room to sign any more big name players?

enough to take the girlfriend out to dinner, while the wife keeps the bed warm...... Whats restaurants are still open??

DenBronx
03-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Relax, we will still have plenty for our draft picks.

Also, we originally had 46 mill....it bothers me that everyone rounded it down to 40 mill.

Even John Clayton reported that we had 50 mill
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7570116/nfl-plenty-cap-room-improve

GEM
03-27-2012, 05:34 PM
I was looking at the main forum index and read this title as capiche left? :lol:

FanInAZ
03-27-2012, 05:35 PM
So it looks like Bowlen spent his $40 Million and now we have $1.50 left in cap room. How do we sign our 2012 draft picks? Restructure contracts and terminate existing players?

Actually, we also free up more cap space by letting a number of players go. If someone can get the complete list of such players, and the amount of additional cap space that was created when they left, then will have all the info needed to figure out how much cap space we have at this time.

Cugel
03-27-2012, 05:38 PM
I remember back in ‘83 when Elway 1st NFL player to sign a $1 million per year contract, people thought it was an insane amount to pay to an unproven rookie.

:eek: Now were pay 25% more for a 2nd stringer who was run out of his 1st town :eek:

Yeah, but the dollar ain't worth what it was back in '83 either.

And my hair is a lot thinner. :sad:

rcsodak
03-27-2012, 08:24 PM

This has nothing to do with the rookie cap. Different monkeys.

hotcarl
03-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Here's a clue: no one gives a shit what you think. We have it under control.

Love,
John mother ******* Elway

P.s.
Stop posting

CoachChaz
03-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Add the $4.6 we'll save when we cut Goodman

MOtorboat
03-27-2012, 10:12 PM
This has nothing to do with the rookie cap. Different monkeys.

Nope.

Good try though. Go back to lurking.

HammeredOut
03-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Add the $4.6 we'll save when we cut Goodman

Cap hit is actually 5,580,000 for Goodman...

Ty Warran has a 5,250,000 Cap Hit....

Some cap space available if needed...

This team could use a Steve Hill from Geogia Tech... 6'4 and runs a 4.36.... Pretty raw, but along the sidelines, with DThomas on the other side.... He would be a great weapon, and fit in Denver... Either way, the more weapons Manning has, the better off his no huddle offense will be in the long run.

701Bronco
03-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Looks like it might be goodbye Goodman then eh?

701Bronco
03-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Here's a clue: no one gives a shit what you think. We have it under control.

Love,
John mother ******* Elway

P.s.
Stop posting

Calm down hotcarl or I'll have to give you a dirtysanchez...

weazel
03-28-2012, 12:47 AM
maybe we trade Goodman to the Cleveland Steamers. What you think about that HotCarl?

Tned
03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
The CBA also allows a team to borrow from a future year. I think they can borrow up to $3 million from next years cap. Obviously, there is danger in doing that, but it's an option if they get in a bind. Not to mention renegotiating existing contracts to lower the cap number.

CoachChaz
03-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Cap hit is actually 5,580,000 for Goodman...

Ty Warran has a 5,250,000 Cap Hit....

Some cap space available if needed...

This team could use a Steve Hill from Geogia Tech... 6'4 and runs a 4.36.... Pretty raw, but along the sidelines, with DThomas on the other side.... He would be a great weapon, and fit in Denver... Either way, the more weapons Manning has, the better off his no huddle offense will be in the long run.

That's what we need. Two big and fast receivers from GT that have no clue how to run a route to go with a QB that is all about route running and timing and will probably have to rely on those skills even more now.

slim
03-28-2012, 11:14 AM
That's what we need. Two big and fast receivers from GT that have no clue how to run a route to go with a QB that is all about route running and timing and will probably have to rely on those skills even more now.

Eddie Royal would have been a perfect fit with Manning.

Tned
03-28-2012, 03:34 PM

Yep.

HammeredOut
03-28-2012, 04:09 PM

D.Thomas did well with all those Tebow passes coming in like a sideways punt...... Aside from that, D.Thomas proved that with the 4 sideways punt passes coming from Tebow, he could still rack up over 200 yards of YAC.... You have to account, that these recievers havn't seen a spriral since either Orton was throwing one, or back in college... My money is on the recievers..

Im convinced that GT is developing great recievers right now....

Grover
03-28-2012, 06:38 PM
D.Thomas did well with all those Tebow passes coming in like a sideways punt...... Aside from that, D.Thomas proved that with the 4 sideways punt passes coming from Tebow, he could still rack up over 200 yards of YAC.... You have to account, that these recievers havn't seen a spriral since either Orton was throwing one, or back in college... My money is on the recievers..

Im convinced that GT is developing great recievers right now....

LOL at coming in like a sideways punt. I do think you'll see more catches and less drops with our current receivers. But I'm sure that would have more to do with another year's experience under their belts rather than the quality of pass they were dealt to receive.

DenBronx
03-29-2012, 01:39 AM

Not for 6 mill a year for a very average WR.

I liked him on returns but as a WR he didnt do better than Decker, Gaffney, Thomas or Llyod and as a slot WR he did worse.

dogfish
03-29-2012, 04:06 AM
Relax, we will still have plenty for our draft picks.

Also, we originally had 46 mill....it bothers me that everyone rounded it down to 40 mill.

Even John Clayton reported that we had 50 mill
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7570116/nfl-plenty-cap-room-improve

yea, most outlets reported more than forty. . . but even if we are close, room can be made. . . goodman and warren can have their contracts adjusted, or be released. . . we could even decide to do something with DJ-- sign rocky mcintosh for cheap and let him compete with woody, or draft it. . . dumervil could adjust his deal. . . we could sign clady (or ayers) to an extension that's cap-friendly the first couple years. . . they can free up change by releasing players like mcbean, mitch unrein, squid, vaughn or bruton, etc. . . it can be done if we want more space. . .

dogfish
03-29-2012, 04:11 AM

i still think we add one more vet, but if they want a comparable player, jarius wright looks like a royal clone who should be available late. . .

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632252/jarius-wright

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jarius-wright?id=2532978

Canmore
03-29-2012, 04:14 AM
yea, most outlets reported more than forty. . . but even if we are close, room can be made. . . goodman and warren can have their contracts adjusted, or be released. . . we could even decide to do something with DJ-- sign rocky mcintosh for cheap and let him compete with woody, or draft it. . . dumervil could adjust his deal. . . we could sign clady (or ayers) to an extension that's cap-friendly the first couple years. . . they can free up change by releasing players like mcbean, mitch unrein, squid, vaughn or bruton, etc. . . it can be done if we want more space. . .

With $46 million there is a lot of room to negotiate, even if Peyton took up $18 million. I don't believe we are cap strapped at this point.

Tned
03-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Not for 6 mill a year for a very average WR.

I liked him on returns but as a WR he didnt do better than Decker, Gaffney, Thomas or Llyod and as a slot WR he did worse.

Wound up being $4.5 mil a year for three years, with $6 million guaranteed. Maybe the information floating around about Washington offering him $12 for two years was wrong, and it was really $12 for three.

At $4.5, he would probably have been worth keeping for both his WR play and punt return ability. Royal wasn't great getting seperation, but he was great in open space. With Decker and DT coming along, and DT likely becoming a double or triple team threat soon, and Manning at QB, Royal would likely have been a great weapon.

dogfish
03-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Wound up being $4.5 mil a year for three years, with $6 million guaranteed. Maybe the information floating around about Washington offering him $12 for two years was wrong, and it was really $12 for three.

At $4.5, he would probably have been worth keeping for both his WR play and punt return ability. Royal wasn't great getting seperation, but he was great in open space. With Decker and DT coming along, and DT likely becoming a double or triple team threat soon, and Manning at QB, Royal would likely have been a great weapon.

i would've been happy to have him back, but at four mil per. . . they decided to go with a second TE instead. . . tamme and dreesen are both making around four this year, they both can and will line up in the slot at least fifty percent of the time (flexed out like dallas clark), and they both weigh fifty pounds more than eddie royal-- and both block a lot better in the run game, and can both stay in to help our tackles out if need be. . .

maybe they would have kept royal at that price if he'd waited-- who knows. . . or maybe the team had reasons to be ready to move on-- we'll never know for sure. . . caldwell is cheaper, taller, and has the same speed. . . without looking, i'm guessing we probably got him and jason hill for less than royal's costing-- maybe even matt willis too. . .

if thompson or vaughn is healthy, they both have some potential on returns. . . and you can always find return guys in the later rounds of the draft. . . and although i also kinda wanted him back for that reason, it's way too much to pay if he's not a decidedly better slot guy also-- playing at mile high lessens the impact of return guys quite a bit. . .