PDA

View Full Version : 08/09 NBA Playoffs

Pages : [1] 2

BroncoAV06
04-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Scouting Breakdown All Series by Scouts Inc.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?page=ScoutingHornetsNuggets

East:
(1) Cleveland-Won series
(8) Detroit

(4) Atlanta-Lead 3-2
(5) Miami

(3) Orlando-Won series
(6) Philadelphia-

(2) Boston-Leads 3-2
(7) Chicago

West:
(1) LA Lakers-Won series
(8) Utah

4) Portland
(5)Houston-Won series

(3) San Antonio
(6) Dallas- Won series

(2) Denver-Won series
(7) New Orleans
--------------------------------------

Welcome to the playoffs D. Rose! 36 pts, 11 ast as the Bulls take game one on the Celtics home court. Everyone was not giving the Bulls a chance against the defending champs but how could you not like a young team with Gordon, Salmons, Rose, and today Noah (17 rebs). Home court shifts to Chi-Town. KG is a huge loss for Boston and it will be interesting to see how they respond in game two. Allen again is starting the playoffs slow and that was a killer today.

Skinny
04-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Boston looked terrible. I have'nt watched a NBA game since Dennis Rodman was sporting pink hair with San Antonio but there's nothing else on today.

BroncoAV06
04-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Surprise of the day had to be the Rockets just pounding the Blazers in Portland. Talk about a team, Houston misses no beats without T-Mac, trades Alston and gets good production from Brooks and Lowery at the point, Yao ming 9-9 from the floor!

honz
04-19-2009, 04:48 PM
The Lakers beat my Jazz fair and square today, but the refs absolutely sucked ass. I get so sick of the refs babying Kobe. I don't know if any of you were watching, but Kobe went in for a dunk towards the end of the game and the Jazz got out of the way as to prevent a 3 point play...then Kobe comes down on Millsap, shoves him, and the ref cauls a foul on Millsap. :puke:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-19-2009, 07:26 PM
The Lakers beat my Jazz fair and square today, but the refs absolutely sucked ass. I get so sick of the Lakers babying Kobe. I don't know if any of you were watching, but Kobe went in for a dunk towards the end of the game and the Jazz got out of the way as to prevent a 3 point play...then Kobe comes down on Millsap, shoves him, and the ref cauls a foul on Millsap. :puke:

Some teams definitely get the calls, whether legit or not :tsk: Definitely takes away from what the playoffs are suppose to be. I hate it when a team has to not only beat their opponent, but also beat the refs :tsk: Hope the same does not happen with the Nuggets against NO.

CrazyHorse
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
We're going to see Kobe vs Lebron.

MOtorboat
04-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I really like Chalmers, as he seems like he's going to do the work it takes to be a top player, or at least a good role player for Wade, but this Atlanta team just looks better than Miami right now.

Of course, they could pull something similar to last year and play like the best team in the NBA at home and then suck balls on the road, like they did against the Celts last year.

honz
04-22-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm sick right now. My Jazz had several chances to try and take this game from the Lakers. They got it to 3 with a couple minuts left and then proceeded to piss away their next 4 possessions including a turnover that led to a wide open layup. Truly disappointing. It's just like last year...Lakers get up big, the Jazz comback, but they can't make the big plays down the stretch in LA. I think we actually have a decent chance of evening up the series 2-2 with 2 wins in Utah like we did last year, but we will have to play well and play well for 48 minutes. The Lakers have too much firepower to take a Q off like the Jazz love to do.

Benetto
04-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I hope the Lakers shove another win down the Jazz fans throat on Thursday...Not because I am a Lakers fan...or because I have hated the Jazz since their pathetic attempt to win a championship, ever....

That's all just a game, and will be over regardless of the outcome...I want the Jazz to choke hard because of their rude, cowardly, and ruthless fans...Year after year their pathetic fans go out of their way to cross lines of fan heckling...Last year was the breaking point for me. Honestly I would be embarrassed to even admit I am a Utah Jazz fan after last year.

Holding up "Kobe rapes" signs and such are expected, and deserving for that matter...but Tatums cancer is out of Dereks hands, and he is just a father at work...Fans chanting "Cancer" and covering their eyes, in a attempt to heckle Derek Fisher while shooting a free throw is the lowest form of opposing fans representing their team...

Sorry Honz, I know you are not like that at all, and probably appriciate what Derek has done for your team....but your fellow fans are the lowest and most disgusting fans I have ever seen...In America anyways...

Crush them in their faces tomarrow lakers...

honz
04-22-2009, 03:55 PM
I hope the Lakers shove another win down the Jazz fans throat on Thursday...Not because I am a Lakers fan...or because I have hated the Jazz since their pathetic attempt to win a championship, ever....

That's all just a game, and will be over regardless of the outcome...I want the Jazz to choke hard because of their rude, cowardly, and ruthless fans...Year after year their pathetic fans go out of their way to cross lines of fan heckling...Last year was the breaking point for me. Honestly I would be embarrassed to even admit I am a Utah Jazz fan after last year.

Holding up "Kobe rapes" signs and such are expected, and deserving for that matter...but Tatums cancer is out of Dereks hands, and he is just a father at work...Fans chanting "Cancer" and covering their eyes, in a attempt to heckle Derek Fisher while shooting a free throw is the lowest form of opposing fans representing their team...

Sorry Honz, I know you are not like that at all, and probably appriciate what Derek has done for your team....but your fellow fans are the lowest and most disgusting fans I have ever seen...In America anyways...

Crush them in their faces tomarrow lakers...
The whole "Cancer" chant is a nice rumor, but is simply not true. According to friends of mine and posters at a Jazz message board that were at those games, no one heard any such chants whatsoever. There was one picture of one guy covering his eye as Fisher was shooting FT's...he may have been taunting Fisher and making fun of his daughter's cancer, but we don't even know that for sure. If he was, he is a scumbag...and every fanbase (or group of people for that matter) has some scumbags mixed in.

It's truly unfortunate that so many people decided to eat up an unsubstantiated internet rumor and an article written by some 16 year old on bleacherreport.com. Other fans have always seemed to hate Jazz fans and I'm not really sure why. Maybe because we are overly passionate and show no respect for opposing teams or players when they play in our building, but these same fans are a part of the best crowd in the NBA. The Jazz always have a great home record and that is for a reason...great fans that know how to cheer on their team and heckle the refs and opposing teams.

Anyway, believe what you want to believe about Jazz fans being classless, but I can tell you with supreme conviction that there is no way that there was anymore than a handful of douchebags chanting "Cancer". Don't even get me started on some of the douchebag Laker fans I have come across...but you won't see me clumping the douchebags and the rest of the Laker fans together.

Benetto
04-22-2009, 04:01 PM
The whole "Cancer" chant is a nice rumor, but is simply not true. According to friends of mine and posters at a Jazz message board that were at those games, no one heard any such chants whatsoever. There was one picture of one guy covering his eye as Fisher was shooting FT's...he may have been taunting Fisher and making fun of his daughter's cancer, but we don't even know that for sure. If he was, he is a scumbag...and every fanbase (or group of people for that matter) has some scumbags mixed in.

It's truly unfortunate that so many people decided to eat up an unsubstantiated internet rumor and an article written by some 16 year old on bleacherreport.com. Other fans have always seemed to hate Jazz fans and I'm not really sure why. Maybe because we are overly passionate and show no respect for opposing teams or players when they play in our building, but these same fans are a part of the best crowd in the NBA. The Jazz always have a great home record and that is for a reason...great fans that know how to cheer on their team and heckle the refs and opposing teams.

Anyway, believe what you want to believe about Jazz fans being classless, but I can tell you with supreme conviction that there is no way that there was anymore than a handful of douchebags chanting "Cancer". Don't even get me started on some of the douchebag Laker fans I have come across...but you won't see me clumping the douchebags and the rest of the Laker fans together.

Rumors always have some truth behind them...Like you said, teams always have a fan base with a handfull of scumbags who don't deserve to have brain function....Its been said by a lot of players/coaches throughout the years...Jazz fans go out of their way to get personal with their taunting...its a fact, not a rumor...

BTW...Thank you Jazz for giftwrapping the last one for us...Lakers have a tendency to give shit away in the 3rd QTR...Especially when the refs call every BS foul...On both teams.

Benetto
04-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I love how Boozer is soo obsessed with "And 1"...He screams it once or twice a game at the top of his lungs...And he has it tattooed with flashy flames and such on his arm...

The obsession is stuck with him so badly, he tends to gift wrap playoff games for the Lakers with them...

underrated29
04-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Heh- atleast that chump of a player-giblowme is out for the spurs. I hate that guy. I dont even like basketball. I only watch the playoffs, and its atleast somewhat exciting that i get to finally root for my home team (as we just recently have made the playoffs) but manu giblowme is an actor. Not a player.

Sports are meant to be played, not acted. I think he and players like him downgrade sports in general.

Benetto
04-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Heh- atleast that chump of a player-giblowme is out for the spurs. I hate that guy. I dont even like basketball. I only watch the playoffs, and its atleast somewhat exciting that i get to finally root for my home team (as we just recently have made the playoffs) but manu giblowme is an actor. Not a player.

Sports are meant to be played, not acted. I think he and players like him downgrade sports in general.

I think Floppers deserve to be thrown out of games...

honz
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Rumors always have some truth behind them...Like you said, teams always have a fan base with a handfull of scumbags who don't deserve to have brain function....Its been said by a lot of players/coaches throughout the years...Jazz fans go out of their way to get personal with their taunting...its a fact, not a rumor...

BTW...Thank you Jazz for giftwrapping the last one for us...Lakers have a tendency to give shit away in the 3rd QTR...Especially when the refs call every BS foul...On both teams.

Unless the rumor was created by a Rocket or Laker fan and was gobbled up by the masses looking for any reason to hate the Jazz more. And yes, the crowd does like to taunt the opposition...hell, I've even partaken in yelling at players and refs the 2 times I've sat courtside...but I've never heard anything worse than you would hear on the basketball court playing at pickup game with a couple of friends. Like I said before, I'm sure some idiots cross the line every now and then, but overall we have great, passionate fans that respect them game but are willing to do anything in their power to help the Jazz get the W.

Benetto
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
BTW...I love you Honz..I'd throw the Lakers if I had both of you hanging off of a cliff, man.

honz
04-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I love how Boozer is soo obsessed with "And 1"...He screams it once or twice a game at the top of his lungs...And he has it tattooed with flashy flames and such on his arm...

The obsession is stuck with him so badly, he tends to gift wrap playoff games for the Lakers with them...

Jazz fans don't really like Boozer...bash him all you want.

MOtorboat
04-22-2009, 11:10 PM
BTW...I love you Honz..I'd throw the Lakers if I had both of you hanging off of a cliff, man.

What if you threw the Lakers off the cliff and Lamar Odom grabbed Honz's leg and you had to let go of Honz too...would you regret...A.) Holding them off the cliff, and B.) Letting either of them go?

bullis26
04-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Just wondering.... who saw that shot D- Wade had to put the heat up by ten late in the fourth.... Shot clock gets down to one just throws up a three and you know he's cashing that

honz
04-22-2009, 11:12 PM
I'd make sure I had more weed on me than Odom to make the decision easier.

Gamechanger
04-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Mutumbo ended his career.....and its scares me to no tommorow if Yao gets in foul trouble AGAIN :mad:

honz
04-23-2009, 10:53 PM
The refs continue to blow the whistle for breathing on Kobe, but swallow their whistles when Millsap gets hacked by 2 guys when attacking the rim. **** superstar treatment. It pisses me off so bad. Call it even for everyone, jackasses.

Buff
04-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Finally an exciting finish...

Buff
04-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Boozer just posterized Gasol.

honz
04-24-2009, 12:28 AM

Never ever say a bad word about my boy Booze again. He sure gift wrapped this one for you, jackass! :D

BroncoBJ
04-24-2009, 12:36 AM
:elefant: Nice to see the Jazz win. I cant stand the Lakers. I cant stand the Jazz either though. :lol:
But I'd rather see LA get knocked off. :salute:

honz
04-24-2009, 12:50 AM
:elefant: Nice to see the Jazz win. I cant stand the Lakers. I cant stand the Jazz either though. :lol:
But I'd rather see LA get knocked off. :salute:
At least you have your priorities straight!

Benetto
04-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Never ever say a bad word about my boy Booze again. He sure gift wrapped this one for you, jackass! :D

Jackass? Another classless Jazz fan..Thanks for solidifying my previous last few posts.

honz
04-24-2009, 04:32 AM
Jackass? Another classless Jazz fan..Thanks for solidifying my previous last few posts.

You know I'm just messin', Benetto. Y'all are gonna win the series, so I gotta take my shots when I can!

BroncoAV06
04-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Did not catch the game last night but don't know how many 5-24 performances you will see out of Kobe! Thumbs up for the Jazz gettng a win.

Boston came out huge last night on the road, shows you can never doubt the defending champs.

dogfish
04-24-2009, 08:55 PM
detroit's finished. . . .

Buff
04-24-2009, 10:10 PM
detroit's finished. . . .

And bears shit in the woods... Thanks Dog.

Broncospsycho77
04-24-2009, 10:57 PM
I hate Portland. They're losing, and I just realized that I was smiling.

honz
04-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Portland doesn't know how to get easy buckets against a good defensive team like Houston. It's jumpshot, jumpshot, jumpshot, kamikaze drive into the lane, Oden or Aldridge getting owned in the post, jumpshot.

Broncospsycho77
04-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Portland doesn't know how to get easy buckets against a good defensive team like Houston. It's jumpshot, jumpshot, jumpshot, kamikaze drive into the lane, Oden or Aldridge getting owned in the post, jumpshot.

Good.

:)

Fall, Portland, fall.

Buff
04-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Good.

:)

Fall, Portland, fall.

Houston scares me. I'd rather see Portland win.

dogfish
04-24-2009, 11:12 PM
And bears shit in the woods... Thanks Dog.

no problem, dude, i'll be here all week. . . .

Broncospsycho77
04-24-2009, 11:15 PM
These last few seconds are ridiculous. Man.

Gamechanger
04-24-2009, 11:18 PM
86-83 H-TOWN BABY!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Benetto
04-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Sleep well tonight Jizz losers!!! :beer: Looks like having Mehmet back on the court and playing "nasty" did a world of wonders..

You know I'm just messin', Benetto. Y'all are gonna win the series, so I gotta take my shots when I can!

BTW...At a way to back up your boys in the playoffs....Just messin.

honz
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM
:couch:

Memo clearly wasn't ready, but I doubt he makes a difference this game. The Jazz simply got outclassed byt the more talented team. Sad to see the Jazz lose their last home game like that, but hopefully it will force the front office to make some needed changes.

Also, I hope you know I really was just messin' Benetto. I don't like Boozer and don't really think you are a jackass...I thought that post was thoroughly sarcasm laden. Congrats to the Lakers, but I still hope you don't win the championship. I don't like Kobe and want to see the Cavs win.

Gamechanger
04-26-2009, 11:10 PM
just one more game!!!! :elefant::elefant::elefant:

honz
04-28-2009, 12:14 AM
The Jazz get to within 6 and the refs decide to swallow their whistles as they get hacked under the basket. We missed a couple layups as well, but the ******* refs can eat a ******* fat **** while I **** them in the ******* ass. What a bunch of mother ******* dirty ******* scum.

EMB6903
04-28-2009, 12:18 AM
My goodness are the Jazz horrible...

Lets hope Memo, Milsap, and Boozer all opt out this year.

I'd love Milsap in a Denver uni....

honz
04-28-2009, 12:21 AM
LMAO. Odom dunks and flexes after a dunk when the game is already over and then the Lakers wonder why Price is pissed off. At least our 3rd string PG showed some ******* heart...

Gamechanger
04-28-2009, 12:28 AM
see you next Round 'Netto

BroncoBJ
04-28-2009, 03:28 AM
LMAO. Odom dunks and flexes after a dunk when the game is already over and then the Lakers wonder why Price is pissed off. At least our 3rd string PG showed some ******* heart...

Lakers have no class. Thier always showing off :lol:
But yea, Price showed some heart in that game. It was impressive.
Even Sloan had great things to say about him.

Nomad
04-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Was Howard's stare-down-elbow-to-the face of the 76er's player a flagrant foul and suspendable act? I'm watching Mike and Mike, and I'm not much of a basketball fan, but the guy was looking a the other player with a 'Karl Malone' type elbow to the face. Van Gundy says no and Jaylon Rose says yes! There was no flagrant called!!

IMO, if this would have been some scrub player he would have been ejected, fined, and suspended. Van Gundy says treat the stars differently and give this guy a pass. I agree with Jaylon Rose, rules are rules, suspend and fine the guy. It has nothing to do with being soft, it has to do with double standards!!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Was Howard's stare-down-elbow-to-the face of the 76er's player a flagrant foul and suspendable act? I'm watching Mike and Mike, and I'm not much of a basketball fan, but the guy was looking a the other player with a 'Karl Malone' type elbow to the face. Van Gundy says no and Jaylon Rose says yes! There was no flagrant called!!

IMO, if this would have been some scrub player he would have been ejected, fined, and suspended. Van Gundy says treat the stars differently and give this guy a pass. I agree with Jaylon Rose, rules are rules, suspend and fine the guy. It has nothing to do with being soft, it has to do with double standards!!

I don't consider KMart a scrub, and he gets called for fragrant fouls.

Nomad
04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't consider KMart a scrub, and he gets called for fragrant fouls.

:D No, that's not what I meant! Did you watch the Mike and Mike interview with Van Gundy, he said NBA stars should basically get special treatment because they put folks in the stands. Who's Kenyan Martin has built is own reputation though, and I'm not knocking him:behindsofa:. But you take a player like say Okor from the Jazz and if he would have thrown that albow like Howard did....he would have been ejected and called a flagrant. I don't believe in special treatment in any sport, and if the 'Van Gundys' of sports want anything goes in the 4th qrtr then that should be for everyone not just 'star' players. I could care less if each sport was like hockey and they go at it, but I would like to see the same standards for all players regarding the rules. So I disagree with Van Gundy on this one!:D

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2009, 10:23 AM
:D No, that's not what I meant! Did you watch the Mike and Mike interview with Van Gundy, he said NBA stars should basically get special treatment because they put folks in the stands. Who's Kenyan Martin has built is own reputation though, and I'm not knocking him:behindsofa:. But you take a player like say Okor from the Jazz and if he would have thrown that albow like Howard did....he would have been ejected and called a flagrant. I don't believe in special treatment in any sport, and if the 'Van Gundys' of sports want anything goes in the 4th qrtr then that should be for everyone not just 'star' players. I could care less if each sport was like hockey and they go at it, but I would like to see the same standards for all players regarding the rules. So I disagree with Van Gundy on this one!:D

Did not watch Mike and Mike, but no one should get special treatment - star or no star. That is why the refs, most of the time, react to "flopping" - call fouls, when a star flops. Definitely is taking away from what the game is suppose to be. Why send a star to the free throw line for flopping - why give a player a foul when the other player has flopped? Definitely can turn a game around, and has before.

BroncoAV06
04-30-2009, 09:43 PM
This Celtics-Bulls series is crazy.

Nomad
05-02-2009, 07:46 PM
This Celtics-Bulls series is crazy.

I'm watching the game tonight! I usually don't watch basketball, but seeing the highlights on ESPN made me want to watch this game tonight and it's as good as advertised. I can't wait till after halftime when the intensity really heats up.

Nomad
05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Steve Javie is looking old!

Broncolingus
05-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Hat's off to the Bulls for giving Boston all they could handle...:salute:

Would've liked to have seen them knock them (Celtics) out - just for the underdog factor...

Broncospsycho77
05-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Joakim Noah is looking like he's becoming the next Dennis Rodman/KG type in that series. I didn't like him all that much in college, but now I'll casually root for him.

Broncolingus
05-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Joakim Noah is looking like he's becoming the next Dennis Rodman/KG type in that series. I didn't like him all that much in college, but now I'll casually root for him.

Agreed...he did look good -- even for a 1/2 frenchie.

Wish it'd been enough to pull off the series...

Benetto
05-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Celtics about to go down...At home...:coffee:

Benetto
05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
It's SHOWTIME!!

Please play a little more agressive Lakers!!!!

Benetto
05-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Magic look like a scary team to go up against in the playoffs....Dwight Howard is a freakin monster...

Gamechanger
05-04-2009, 09:42 PM
COME ON H-TOWN!!!!!!

avenge the four game sweep

Benetto
05-04-2009, 09:48 PM
GC, If any team has a chance...Its the Pocket Rockets...Shane or Ron can contain Kobe...

Benetto
05-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Ugh..I know how this game is gonna be officiated...First points of the game are on Yao free throws.

Gamechanger
05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Yao almost getting injured, that was a heart stopper

honz
05-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Yao almost getting injured, that was a heart stopper
I wonder what TMac is thinking right now... :lol:

Gamechanger
05-05-2009, 12:16 AM
i wonder what tmac is thinking right now... :lol:

.................. ..... /´¯/)
.................... ..,/¯ ..//
.................... ./... ./ /
............./´¯/' ...'/´¯ ¯`•¸
........../'/.../... ./... ..../¨¯\
........('(...´(.. /...... ,~/'...')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........\... .... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\ ...................

honz
05-05-2009, 12:21 AM
.................. ..... /´¯/)
.................... ..,/¯ ..//
.................... ./... ./ /
............./´¯/' ...'/´¯ ¯`•¸
........../'/.../... ./... ..../¨¯\
........('(...´(.. /...... ,~/'...')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........\... .... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\ ...................
I thought most Rocket fans hated TMac...I'm on your side in this series.

Gamechanger
05-05-2009, 12:24 AM
I thought most Rocket fans hated TMac...I'm on your side in this series.

unfortunately i'm on the fence with TMac, I want him to be successful and yet I want him to do more than he does for the team as a whole, I will cheer for him as long as he's in a Rockets uni. but not for nothing at the moment....screw the choker

100-92 :elefant::elefant:

Requiem / The Dagda
05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
GO MAGIC. Woo. ******' Wooooooo>!

Nomad
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM
These playoffs are sounding more like the playoffs from the 80s with the physical play especially watching the highlights of Rockets/Lakers, too bad the Western teams play so late.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
The way the games are being scheduled this year makes no sense to me. The Nuggets played Tuesday night, and don't play again until Saturday. The Lakers played last night (Wed), and play again Friday night. With traveling involved in both series now, would it not have made more sense to have the Nuggets/Mavs play Friday night, and the Lakers/Houston play Saturday?

I am having a hard time finding any rhyme or reason for some of the scheduling this year.

honz
05-07-2009, 03:48 PM
The way the games are being scheduled this year makes no sense to me. The Nuggets played Tuesday night, and don't play again until Saturday. The Lakers played last night (Wed), and play again Friday night. With traveling involved in both series now, would it not have made more sense to have the Nuggets/Mavs play Friday night, and the Lakers/Houston play Saturday?

I am having a hard time finding any rhyme or reason for some of the scheduling this year.
It's all about TV. Without looking, I bet both the Cavs and the Lakers (well, I know the Lakers do) play on Sunday on ABC so they can get Kobe and Lebron ratings boosts. Or ABC may have a Saturday night game with the Cavs. They set up the series schedules with TV ratings in mind first and foremost which is why they often make little sense logistically.

EMB6903
05-07-2009, 04:07 PM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9988/kobe.gif

How does this clown get to pull this off and Kmart gets a 25k fine for nudging Dirk?

not to mention the elbow Kobe laid on Artest last night as well... Even though I know Stern and Stu wont suspend Kobe but he deserves it... Its complete BS on how inconsistent fines and suspensions are in the NBA.

David Stern is the worst commish in sports.

Buff
05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Too bad Artest didn't just knock him out last night... If you're going to get thrown out you may as well get your moneys worth.

Benetto
05-07-2009, 04:44 PM
The league loves the lakers...What can I say?

honz
05-07-2009, 05:29 PM
What a joke. Kobe should have been suspended, but it was easy to predict that he the NBA would puss out. Kobe has a history of cheap shotting people, yet he rarely gets punished for anything. How is a slap to the head by Rafer Alston any worse than a knee to the head or elbow to the throat? Beats me.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Rex Chapman questioned the league as to why they changed KMart's foul to fragrant, and fined him $25K, and the league's response was "it's not what he did", but because he is KMart:mad: Hell of a deal.

Gamechanger
05-07-2009, 07:34 PM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9988/kobe.gif

How does this clown get to pull this off and Kmart gets a 25k fine for nudging Dirk?

not to mention the elbow Kobe laid on Artest last night as well... Even though I know Stern and Stu wont suspend Kobe but he deserves it... Its complete BS on how inconsistent fines and suspensions are in the NBA.

David Stern is the worst commish in sports.

your boys Odom and Vujacic made my dirty player list too, Battier can't find a freaking break with you guys

Buff
05-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Lebron just drained a contested jumper from like 43 feet away and made it look easy.

That guy is ridiculous.

EMB6903
05-08-2009, 01:12 PM
your boys Odom and Vujacic made my dirty player list too, Battier can't find a freaking break with you guys

Im not a Lakers fan.

Gamechanger
05-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Im not a Lakers fan.

Oops, I stand corrected

too many turnovers and all of tha, plus Artest getting ejected again :tsk:

Benetto
05-09-2009, 04:39 AM
Oops, I stand corrected

too many turnovers and all of tha, plus Artest getting ejected again :tsk:

Artest is a raging animal...He deserves BOTH ejections...And a upcoming suspension. (I assume)

BTW...Argentinians and Spainards never got along...but that doesn't warrent Scola losing his temper and hitting Pau twice. Once in his honker.

Scola is one hell of a dirty player when the opposition gets into his head. We saw it in game 2 with Lamar and now in game 3 with Pau.

BTW...How bout that last second shot by Kobe deep from down town...I bet that stung all you haters right where it hurts the most. Don't piss Kobe off, he'll rape you one way or another.

Benetto
05-09-2009, 04:46 AM
Lebron just drained a contested jumper from like 43 feet away and made it look easy.

That guy is ridiculous.

I love watching him play....Its amazing how fearless he is when he sees 4 defenders trying to keep him out of the paint, and posterizes em all..Game after game..That's some thing Kobe doesn't have.

Kobe tends to stick with the jump shot when two Bigs are waiting to dismantle him in the paint.

honz
05-09-2009, 04:52 AM
You think Artest should get a suspension? That shouldn't have even been called a flagrant foul...he got ball for goodness sakes. His hand gave Gasol a love tap as it followed through after the block, but nothing vicious IMO.

Also, LA has been the dirty team in this series and started nearly every confrontation.

Benetto
05-09-2009, 04:59 AM
You think Artest should get a suspension? That shouldn't have even been called a flagrant foul...he got ball for goodness sakes. His hand gave Gasol a love tap as it followed through after the block, but nothing vicious IMO.

Also, LA has been the dirty team in this series and started nearly every confrontation.
Said the Laker hater who's team got eliminated by said team...Your Bias kills all credibility you have towards the Lakers.

Benetto
05-09-2009, 05:01 AM
Would be BS if there's no suspension. Derek got a flagerant 2 and a suspension with a body check....When Artest got ejected twice and with a flagernt 2....Open your eyes brother.

Gamechanger
05-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Would be BS if there's no suspension. Derek got a flagerant 2 and a suspension with a body check....When Artest got ejected twice and with a flagernt 2....Open your eyes brother.

but Kobe elbow checked him the first one, kobe should have been ejected also, the second one MAYBE was warranted but not for a suspension

and Derek Fisher is OVER THE HILL..you know you dont wanna play no more when you force feeding people elbows

dogfish
05-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Said the Laker hater who's team got eliminated by said team...Your Bias kills all credibility you have towards the Lakers.

how about jeff van gundy, does he have credibility? he said that shouldn't have even been a flagrant 1, let alone a flagrant 2 and an ejection. . . . and i don't see how anyone could think that hard foul was as bad as kobe's blatant elbow to the throat, or the knee to battier's dome. . . . HE'S the one that should be facing a suspension!

honz
05-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I may hate the Lakers, but I still know a flagrant foul when I see one...and I didn't see any last night. If they were giving him a flagrant 2 just to send a message and keep someone from going "Derek Fisher" on someones ass, I guess I can understand that...but it wasn't a flagrant foul and he will not receive a suspension.

honz
05-09-2009, 02:15 PM
...and it has been downgraded to a flagrant 1 by the league.

Gridironchamp
05-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Artest is a raging animal...He deserves BOTH ejections...And a upcoming suspension. (I assume)

BTW...How bout that last second shot by Kobe deep from down town...I bet that stung all you haters right where it hurts the most. Don't piss Kobe off, he'll rape you one way or another.

Reading through here, you have to be the biggest Laker homer EEEVVVVEEEERRRR.

Artest deserved a suspension in game 1 for what? Telling Kobe not to elbow him
in the throat? Or for gesturing to the ref that his throat was hit? Which one?

And in the second game he should have got the flagrent 2 he got for hitting the
ball when Pau was trying to dunk it? Or for telling the ref that he was going for
the ball?

Again, I'm curious to what he should be suspended for. Oh, and it has been
downgraded to a flagrent 1 and even that is too much.

Benetto
05-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Reading through here, you have to be the biggest Laker homer EEEVVVVEEEERRRR.

Artest deserved a suspension in game 1 for what? Telling Kobe not to elbow him
in the throat? Or for gesturing to the ref that his throat was hit? Which one?

And in the second game he should have got the flagrent 2 he got for hitting the
ball when Pau was trying to dunk it? Or for telling the ref that he was going for
the ball?

Again, I'm curious to what he should be suspended for. Oh, and it has been
downgraded to a flagrent 1 and even that is too much.

Must have hit a nerve there huh? I love it when people get personal when comments sting....:laugh:

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Must have hit a nerve there huh? I love it when people get personal when comments sting....:laugh:

Um, Ben, you were the first person to point out personal bias by telling Honz his opinion had no base because he was a Jazz fan...

:noidea:

Benetto
05-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Um, Ben, you were the first person to point out personal bias by telling Honz his opinion had no base because he was a Jazz fan...

:noidea:
Personal as in insults.

Benetto
05-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I can't wait til the NBA season is over...Then you all (and I mean ALL) can stop hating me. :behindsofa:

I still love you guys...Jackass, Homer, etc...Those are all words that go in and out....:beer:

MOtorboat
05-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Personal as in insults.

What insult? You called honz a homer, you got called a homer...:noidea:

Requiem / The Dagda
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Orlando rules. Everyone else drools.

Gridironchamp
05-10-2009, 01:26 PM

I would consider this a relative post... if I were a Rocket fan.

I am not, so nice job of avoiding the questions. :salute:

Benetto
05-10-2009, 02:10 PM
What insult? You called honz a homer, you got called a homer...

When did I call him a Homer? :noidea:

Benetto
05-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I would consider this a relative post... if I were a Rocket fan.

I am not, so nice job of avoiding the questions. :salute:

Everyone has their own opinions man...Artest has a history of being a raging, short tempered animal...When he attacked the ball Pau had possession of, he went at him like he didn't give two shits if he breaks Pau's face at the same time...Thus throwing Pau to the ground. With Artest's history of wanting to hurt people, that's where I got my opinion. Obviously you are a young, single-minded person who wants the Lakers to lose regardless of who beats them. So as I said before, I must have struck a nerve for you to get personal.

MOtorboat
05-10-2009, 02:18 PM

That sentence implies it Ben. It's clear he took it that way.

MOtorboat
05-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Everyone has their own opinions man...Artest has a history of being a raging, short tempered animal...When he attacked the ball Pau had possesion of, he went at him like he didn't give two shits if he breaks Pau's face at the same time...Thus throwing Pau to the ground. With Artest's history of wanting to hurt people, that's where I got my opinion. Obviously you are a young, single-minded person who wants the Lakers to lose regardless of who beats them. So as I said before, I must have struck a nerve for you to get personal.

Clearly, he's not wrong. The NBA has since realized its mistake and tried to fix it by downgrading the foul and not suspending him.

Why is it that anyone who is disagreeing with you about this is getting so much hate.

Seriously? Because the argument that Kobe should be sitting out a game is almost as strong, if not stronger than the argument that Artest should be sitting. I guess that makes me a Laker hater, :noidea:

P.S. There was a worse foul in yesterday's Nuggets-Mavs game that wasn't even ruled a flagrant.

Benetto
05-10-2009, 02:21 PM
That sentence implies it Ben. It's clear he took it that way.

Dude, Moe....I said because you are a Utah fan, whos team just got eliminated (by the Lakers) your opinion of the Lakers is obsolite...That doesn't mean I called him a Homer...

Seriously though, I'm sure Honz can care less if I did or didn't call him a Homer. Or implied it. :rolleyes:

Benetto
05-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Clearly, he's not wrong. The NBA has since realized its mistake and tried to fix it by downgrading the foul and not suspending him.

Why is it that anyone who is disagreeing with you about this is getting so much hate.

Seriously? Because the argument that Kobe should be sitting out a game is almost as strong, if not stronger than the argument that Artest should be sitting. I guess that makes me a Laker hater, :noidea:

P.S. There was a worse foul in yesterday's Nuggets-Mavs game that wasn't even ruled a flagrant.

If you ask me Kobe should have been suspended...But Mr. Commish knows everyone and their mothers wants to watch Kobe fly.

MOtorboat
05-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Dude, Moe....I said because you are a Utah fan, whos team just got eliminated (by the Lakers) your opinion of the Lakers is obsolite...That doesn't mean I called him a Homer...

Seriously though, I'm sure Honz can care less if I did or didn't call him a Homer. Or implied it. :rolleyes:

Why is his opinion obsolete if his team got eliminated by the Lakers. It makes no difference, whatsoever. If my Nuggets get eliminated by the Lakers in the Conference Finals, and then I disagree with you about something that happens in the finals with the Cavs, does that make my opinion obsolete? Absolutely not.

Then you go accusing someone of spewing insults when they clearly aren't.

This is NOT meant as an insult Ben, but your comments seem very biased towards the Lakers, i.e., homerism on your part, as well.

MOtorboat
05-10-2009, 02:26 PM
If you ask me Kobe should have been suspended...But Mr. Commish knows everyone and their mothers wants to watch Kobe fly.

And that is the real root of the problem.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Any fan of a particular team, can pick out things that they did not agree with that went against their team, and there are plenty of those type of things to go around.

BroncoAV06
05-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Suspensions, suspensions...

I don't think Kobe's elbow was suspendable, now flagrent and fine sure. Howard went high to the head so yes i can see his. Alston and Fisher were just dumb plays.

I can see why the NBA is so suspension happy, they don't want on court fights but man its the playoffs and if its not blatent just give a flagerent and fine.

honz
05-10-2009, 03:44 PM

Um...like 5 times just since the playoffs started! :lol:

honz
05-10-2009, 03:54 PM

You are right. I don't care if you call me a homer, because deep down inside all fans are to at least some degree...but you can't claim that bias kills any opinion I have and then get all moody when someone says the same to you.

The fact is the Lakers are a team with a lot of unlikeable persons on it (Kobe, Phil, Vujacic, Odom, Gasol and his on court yelling that rivals Boozer's), plus they win quite a bit, so people are going to root against them. It doesn't mean that we are all blind haters though...their is ample evidence to prove that Kobe generally gets away with a lot of dirty crap, and now Artest has gotten the short end of the stick twice in this series.

Benetto
05-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Good post Honz...Hit it on the nose..

Sorry.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Soooooooooo, all of a sudden, just with the thinking that Houston is done because Yao is out, things get quite interesting again.

Gamechanger
05-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Soooooooooo, all of a sudden, just with the thinking that Houston is done because Yao is out, things get quite interesting again.

with Yao going down, I think the Lakers were thinking they can stroll in, take game 4, go back to L.A. and look on ahead to Denver

boy did we catch them with their pants down

I think we need to take that intensity back to L.A., they have no answer for Brooks and his speed, the bench played well but I think that was due to the fact that everytime L.A. had the ball it was more than likely a foul on their part or a turnover

with L.A. playing bad, Artest got a reprieve for having an off day, he has to play better in Game 5, because now he's going to be the focal point of the Laker attack

but 2-2, its getting exciting

Benetto
05-10-2009, 07:02 PM
with Yao going down, I think the Lakers were thinking they can stroll in, take game 4, go back to L.A. and look on ahead to Denver

boy did we catch them with their pants down

I think we need to take that intensity back to L.A., they have no answer for Brooks and his speed, the bench played well but I think that was due to the fact that everytime L.A. had the ball it was more than likely a foul on their part or a turnover

with L.A. playing bad, Artest got a reprieve for having an off day, he has to play better in Game 5, because now he's going to be the focal point of the Laker attack

but 2-2, its getting exciting

At least my boy GC is going to have a happy Mothers day...Thats a bright spot in the Laker loss. Enjoy it man...Yall coming to LA now.

Gamechanger
05-10-2009, 07:18 PM
At least my boy GC is going to have a happy Mothers day...Thats a bright spot in the Laker loss. Enjoy it man...Yall coming to LA now.

:cool:

remember though Ben, we DID take the 1st game, IN Laker territory ;)

Gridironchamp
05-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Everyone has their own opinions man...Artest has a history of being a raging, short tempered animal...When he attacked the ball Pau had possession of, he went at him like he didn't give two shits if he breaks Pau's face at the same time...Thus throwing Pau to the ground. With Artest's history of wanting to hurt people, that's where I got my opinion. Obviously you are a young, single-minded person who wants the Lakers to lose regardless of who beats them. So as I said before, I must have struck a nerve for you to get personal.

I would prefer to see LA beat the Rockets. Again, your post would be decent
if it were close to true.

So, because Artest has made questionable decisions in the past he should be
punished every chance available for it... I understand now...

Denver Native (Carol)
05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I would prefer to see LA beat the Rockets. Again, your post would be decent
if it were close to true.

So, because Artest has made questionable decisions in the past he should be
punished every chance available for it... I understand now...

Sadly - that is how the NBA views certain players. When Chapman questioned why KMart was fined $25,000, and why it was changed to fragrant 1, the answer was "it is not what he did, but because he is Kenyon Martin" :tsk:

BroncoAV06
05-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Lakers' Bryant crosses fuzzy line separating hard-nosed from dirty
Steve Aschburner > INSIDE THE NBA
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/05/08/kobe/index.html

Skinny
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Big shot by Davis. Good game.

honz
05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Ugh. I hate the Celtics. So much cockiness and yapping when they are winning and then they have the audacity to whine about the Cavs having fun on their bench when they are getting their asses kicked. Fun game to watch though.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Great shot by Big Baby; have to tip my hat to the Celtics for playin' hard. GO MAGIC THO.

MOtorboat
05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
If you're afraid of your kid getting into contact with a massive human being that is an NBA player, don't let him sit courtside and come within six inches of the floor!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4159699

Fans wants apology for Davis bump

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The father of the 12-year-old boy bumped by Celtics big man Glen "Big Baby" Davis after Sunday's game-winning shot is demanding an apology.

Ernest Provetti told the Orlando Sentinel that he wrote the NBA office demanding an apology from Davis for acting like a "raging animal with no regard for fans' personal safety." NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed the league received the e-mail but declined to comment on it.

Video of the play shows Davis ducking behind a referee and stepping out of bounds as he ran back to the Celtics bench. Provetti told the paper it was his son, Nicholas, whose hat fell off as Davis bumped him.

Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said Davis was not available for comment. The Magic also declined to comment.

Dickwad sees his 15 minutes of fame...

honz
05-12-2009, 09:31 PM
What a choke job by Orlando. They didn't score a single point for the last 5:39 of the game until Boston intentionally fouled them. Ridiculous.

BroncoAV06
05-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Hard to see the East Finals being an interestign series.

BroncoBJ
05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
:lol: Boston gets lucky again. I swear, No matter what happens.. They always get lucky. Orlando Spread thier legs wide open like a ******* slut and lost it. Pathetic.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Penguins and now Orlando. I wanna die.

dogfish
05-12-2009, 10:27 PM
What a choke job by Orlando. They didn't score a single point for the last 5:39 of the game until Boston intentionally fouled them. Ridiculous.

yea, that was pretty much terrible. . . .

Benetto
05-13-2009, 09:28 PM
With what we know what the Lakers are capable of (40 point blowouts), If they lose the next game in Houston, they don't deserve to win game 7.

Here's to another blow out. :beer:

Gamechanger
05-14-2009, 08:51 AM
With what we know what the Lakers are capable of (40 point blowouts), If they lose the next game in Houston, they don't deserve to win game 7.

i'm pretty sure (If you know L.A. well) they may just come looking ahead again

this years L.A. team is inconsistent

Gamechanger
05-14-2009, 11:26 PM

just wanted to quote to get a laugh in :pound: :pound:

pnbronco
05-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Wow so interesting, so there is a game 7. Congrats Rockets!!!

Gamechanger
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Wow so interesting, so there is a game 7. Congrats Rockets!!!

we forced one playing house money, if we lose, its gonna be ok cuz it will make us hungry for next year, if we win, we still play with nothing to lose

I like that :cool:

honz
05-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Go Rockets! Go Magic!

Gamechanger
05-15-2009, 02:22 AM
I'm a bit more confident in Game 7 now:

Phil Jackson- 4-3 in Game 7s

if they come flat again (which i'm not expecting, but close to it) then we set for the kill, we gotta win the 1st quarter though

Requiem / The Dagda
05-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Rockets & Magic PLZ.

dogfish
05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Rockets & Magic PLZ.

no. . . .

pnbronco
05-15-2009, 03:15 PM
no. . . .

Make that a double noooooo........

Benetto
05-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Houston/Los Angeles game 6 drew biggest audience in ESPN history...http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4170603

I wonder why there will be a game 7..

Enjoy the next Rocket beatdown audience.

Gamechanger
05-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Houston/Los Angeles game 6 drew biggest audience in ESPN history...http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4170603

orrrrrrrrrr it could be 2006 all over again

Benetto
05-17-2009, 03:39 PM

Eat it up Laker haters.

honz
05-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Quite a letdown this Game 7 has been...but predictable. Hopefully the 2nd one is a closer game.

BroncoBJ
05-17-2009, 04:48 PM
The Lakers and thier bandwagon fans have moved on. :rockon:

Denver Native (Carol)
05-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Eat it up Laker haters.

OK - that was only in ESPN history - not NBA history on different networks

SoCalImport
05-17-2009, 05:01 PM
The Lakers and thier bandwagon fans have moved on. :rockon:

Good thing it's such a comfortable ride. this wagon of ours....lol.
:welcome:

No title for these Lakers unless they can be at least a little consistent. It's going to be interesting.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Sorry Benneto, gotta root for the Nuggets in the West. Magic in the East, trilllllllla.

Gamechanger
05-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Eat it up Laker haters.

glad to see they showed up

still inconsistant imo

but congrats to them

take note Nuggets, smashmouth defense exposes the Lakers

Requiem / The Dagda
05-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Street Ballin' Rafer Alston has been a pleasant surprise tonight. Orlando, you have a decent seven point lead. I know you love the P-Game, and you've been on fire (7 for 9 besides Rafer's toss at the end) from downtown -- but get physical inside, put Dwight in there and hammer it down. GO MAGIC!

Benetto
05-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Nuggets are playing like a much better team than the Lakers..but we all know the NBA wants to see Kobe Vs. Lebron....

We are going to beat Birdman, like his father used to...:coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
05-17-2009, 09:19 PM

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
05-17-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't even feel comfortable with a 12 point lead with 4 minutes left. Score on a few possessions, maybe get an offensive board. They should be able to waste at least a minute off the clock by good ball handling. GO MAGIC.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Man, when Hedo is on he is so sick. 63% from three point land? (TEAM) That is unheard of.

Benetto
05-17-2009, 09:32 PM
:lol:

I guess my low-blow attempt to get Nug fans' juices flowing, worked...

Benetto
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
I want to see Alston smack Eddie house so hard this time, he knocks him out of the second round.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-17-2009, 09:44 PM
So sick. This was a darn good game for the Magic; and they had Hedo and Dwight in foul trouble early. All this without Nelson. Bring it, Cavs.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-17-2009, 09:45 PM
:lol:

I guess my low-blow attempt to get Nug fans' juices flowing, worked...

Sorry - not the affect it had on me. Actually I thought it was a very improper, insensitive comment.

honz
05-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Pure domination by the Magic. I kept waiting for them to blow the lead, but they decided to actually run their offense and hit shots down the stretch tonight. Hopefully they learned from their previous mistakes in the playoffs...Magic/Cavs should be a good series. Not sure who I'll root for as they are the two teams I was rooting to get to the ECF, but hopefully it is fun to watch.

Broncospsycho77
05-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Kobe rapes.

BroncoAV06
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Nuggets are playing like a much better team than the Lakers..but we all know the NBA wants to see Kobe Vs. Lebron....

Yep the coffe icon makes it all good...

Thats the Magic, they are a 3-point team, when they hit they win. They are in the Eastern Finals but I still am not sure about the Magic. Can they beat teh Cavs if the 3 point shot is not there one night?

Benetto
05-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Kobe rapes.

Only in Colorado.

MOtorboat
05-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Only in Colorado.

I wish I could afford a 24-karat to get myself out of trouble everytime I slept with another chick...

:rolleyes:

Gamechanger
05-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Kobe rapes.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/a/f/2af3c7c2cb82c2e522e3612774edd4ed.jpg

BroncoBJ
05-17-2009, 11:45 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f83/mattstocking/kobepredator.jpg

:elefant:

Gamechanger
05-18-2009, 01:46 PM
http://www.coattails.net/upload/LA_RAPERS.GIF

MOtorboat
05-18-2009, 01:55 PM
After spending all night searching for the Rockets, I finally found them.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/living/graphics/opposum5.jpg

Gamechanger
05-18-2009, 02:26 PM
After spending all night searching for the Rockets, I finally found them.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/living/graphics/opposum5.jpg

really? without Yao and McGrady, we still forced a Game 7 and we were playing possum?

weak joke man

honz
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
http://www.bothteamsplayedhard.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/38701985_article.jpg

MOtorboat
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
really? without Yao and McGrady, we still forced a Game 7 and we were playing possum?

weak joke man

Relax, killer...

I'd be damned happy if I was a Rockets fan...

Gamechanger
05-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Relax, killer...

I'd be damned happy if I was a Rockets fan...

I am, hell, the same could be said about nuggets fans :coffee:

MOtorboat
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I am, hell, the same could be said about nuggets fans :coffee:

You have no idea...

Benetto
05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
http://www.bothteamsplayedhard.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/38701985_article.jpg

The guy obviously spelled "Kobe" wrong the first time..Stupid and classless, that's Utah fans for you.

honz
05-18-2009, 04:56 PM
The guy obviously spelled "Kobe" wrong the first time..Stupid and classless, that's Utah fans for you.
Don't dis the Doc. Dude's been pissing off players since before I was out of diapers. Barkley even said on TNT that he used to hate that guy and wanted to punch him in the face. :lol:

Requiem / The Dagda
05-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah baby, LEWIS BABY! **** off Lebron!

honz
05-20-2009, 10:49 PM
I find myself rooting for the Magic this series, which is strange because I love watching Lebron play and want to see him succeed. Great game and big time shots by Lewis down the stretch. Huge game for Dwight too even though he got screwed on like 3 of his foul calls.

Broncospsycho77
05-21-2009, 02:29 PM
I went to bed at halftime thinking sweep.

Wow. There's a surprise.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Mo Williams throws a ball at Dwight Howard and a technical doesn't get called? Bullshit. I hope Van Gundy and the players rip into that non-call if they end up losing the game, even if they win. Absolutely ridiculous. The refs have been rubbing the Cavaliers balls for the first five quarters.

BroncoAV06
05-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Holy moly Batman!

I was just ready to say how much the Magic has impressed and bam 23!

Still Orlando showed that it won't be easy for LeBron and comapny.

Great series in the works!

BroncoBJ
05-22-2009, 10:38 PM
unbelievable. Its funny because after Turk made that shot, I said that Lebron would win it with a 3. :lol:
******* crazy though. They came back from 23 down and lost like that. That would hurt to be a Magic fan.
4 great conference finals games so far though.

Watchthemiddle
05-22-2009, 10:39 PM
I was thinking Orlando up 2-0 was pretty incredible...and then King James has to go and do something even more incredible....:eek::eek:

Broncospsycho77
05-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Holy shit. Wow. LeBron is just... wow.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Cavs fans better soak Lebron's last two years in Cleveland up and hope for a championship, because after that -- he is going to where the money is. Yeah, I'm bitter -- I hate seeing a loss like that.

dogfish
05-23-2009, 12:54 PM
i'm stoked! one win by each team guarantees a game five at the Q, and i've got tickets for it. . . . :werd:

NameUsedBefore
05-23-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvTLOhm-TQ

SoCalImport
05-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks god. Lakers Win! I can now go to sleep. It's 4:30 am here, and the sun's coming up..

Though I'd go with No sleep if I could give extra rest to Kobe...Dude looks beat. Game 4 right around the corner.

slim
05-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Watching Pau Gasol in HD on the big screen is pretty rough. That is one ugly dude.

Benetto
05-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Watching Pau Gasol in HD on the big screen is pretty rough. That is one ugly dude.
did you see his braces?

Broncospsycho77
05-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Hedu Turkoglu might be uglier. He might be the ugliest man in the world. Watch him tomorrow.

slim
05-24-2009, 12:10 AM
did you see his braces?

No, I couldn't make it that far. All I can do is glance at him and then turn away.

He had some big buckets down the stretch, though. He is a good player.

Benetto
05-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Hedu Turkoglu might be uglier. He might be the ugliest man in the world. Watch him tomorrow.
My wife thinks so too...LOL!

Benetto
05-24-2009, 11:06 PM
That last foul on Dwight was complete and utter BULLSHIT....I am so glad they won...

honz
05-24-2009, 11:55 PM
NBA refs suck.

Broncospsycho77
05-24-2009, 11:58 PM
They're pretty much garbage... these are some pretty strong guys out there; I don't know if a little slap now and then is something that needs to be protected. The refs could stand to tone it down every now and then... and hey, this is coming from a Nuggs fan. We get half our points from the FT line.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Gasol is way more uglier than Hedo. That dude looks like a pile of shit.

honz
05-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Someone answer me this...who stole Anthony Johnson's neck?

honz
05-25-2009, 12:21 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NBA/Headshots/140x170/3207.jpg

Broncospsycho77
05-25-2009, 12:25 AM
I would say that he sold it for talent, but then again...

Benetto
05-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Dwight didn't even touch Lebron's skin on that foul...ALL ball...I can't get over how BS of a call that was...:mad:

Joey Crawford was out to get Dwight in this game...Dwight said something to him and got T'ed up..After that, Joey was just looking for something...Just like with Timmy a year or two ago...

BTW...was it Crawford who called the foul, I wasn't paying attention.

Nomad
05-25-2009, 08:37 AM
LJ plays his rearend off every game and is the ultimate team player.....too bad he doesn't have the supporting cast as MJ did.

honz
05-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Dwight didn't even touch Lebron's skin on that foul...ALL ball...I can't get over how BS of a call that was...:mad:

Joey Crawford was out to get Dwight in this game...Dwight said something to him and got T'ed up..After that, Joey was just looking for something...Just like with Timmy a year or two ago...

BTW...was it Crawford who called the foul, I wasn't paying attention.

I don't think so. Crawford was under the basket and the call was made by the ref up top...not sure which one it was though. I absolutely hate Joey Crawford though. Complete douche bag.

Gamechanger
05-25-2009, 11:18 PM
looks like the Nuggets........"Struck Gold" :D

BroncoAV06
05-26-2009, 10:21 PM
I did not really see a block there...

2 clutch FT's drained by Bron.

First OT of the Conference Finals.

MOtorboat
05-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I did not really see a block there...

2 clutch FT's drained by Bron.

First OT of the Conference Finals.

It wasn't even close to a foul. Meanwhile...Dwight Howard gets mauled...surprise, surprise...

honz
05-26-2009, 10:25 PM
The fix is in...what a complete joke.

BroncoAV06
05-26-2009, 10:26 PM
I actually think it was a good no call, Dwight was pulling on Anderson's arm and after that to me it was not an obvious call to who was creating the contact.

honz
05-26-2009, 10:29 PM
I actually think it was a good no call, Dwight was pulling on Anderson's arm and after that to me it was not an obvious call to who was creating the contact.

I'm fine with a no call on that play, but if you are gonna bail out Lebron like that you've gotta make the same sort of call on the other end. That blocking call Lebron got was possibly the worst call I've seen all playoffs.

BroncoAV06
05-26-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm fine with a no call on that play, but if you are gonna bail out Lebron like that you've gotta make the same sort of call on the other end. That blocking call Lebron got was possibly the worst call I've seen all playoffs.

Thats a good point indeed.

honz
05-26-2009, 10:51 PM
At least justice was served. The NBA should be holding their heads in shame tonight. :tsk:

Northman
05-26-2009, 10:58 PM
I think it would be great if Denver and Orlando faced each other in the Finals.

Broncolingus
05-26-2009, 11:08 PM

Me too...

Especially since every mo-fo has been talking Lee-Brawn and Ko-Bay for the past week...

Go Nugs!

Gamechanger
05-26-2009, 11:40 PM
3-1 Magic....UH OH!!! :shocked:

Nomad
05-27-2009, 06:51 AM

Stern will have a panic attack.

Benetto
05-27-2009, 04:55 PM
The series is best of 3 right now, with the Lakers having two home games....I'm not too worried.

Denver fans, I am glad to see you guys are on top of the world, but the higher you are, the harder you will fall...Don't get too confident.

dogfish
05-27-2009, 05:20 PM
The series is best of 3 right now, with the Lakers having two home games....I'm not too worried.

Denver fans, I am glad to see you guys are on top of the world, but the higher you are, the harder you will fall...Don't get too confident.

sez the guy who just got done saying "i'm not worried". . . . :heh:

:laugh:

i suppose lakers fans can afford to be confident just because they've won a lot in the past and have come to expect it, but don't think this nugs team can't surprise you. . . IMO, this series has been FAR too closely played for fans of either side to be feeling real comfortable. . . . if your bigs get back to crashing the offensive boards we're going to have a hard time, but if we keep them off the glass the way we did monday night the opposite is going to be true. . . . i'm not afraid to admit that i'm nervous, i always am when one of my teams goes this deep into the playoffs-- but i have a lot of faith in this squad's ability to win in LA after the way they played there the first two games of the series. . . .

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Maybe I'm just oblivious, but where the heck did the "Black Mamba" moniker come from for Kobe Bryant? Is that a Nike-made thing?

Broncospsycho77
05-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Maybe I'm just oblivious, but where the heck did the "Black Mamba" moniker come from for Kobe Bryant? Is that a Nike-made thing?

I think he named it himself, if memory serves me correctly. Similar to all of Shaq's self-made nicknames.

BroncoAV06
05-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Did anyone else see that story on Odom? Man I wish I could eat the way he does and be in shape. Dude consumes more candy in a day then a family on halloween!

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Did anyone else see that story on Odom? Man I wish I could eat the way he does and be in shape. Dude consumes more candy in a day then a family on halloween!

I was thinking the same thing. That was insane.

honz
05-27-2009, 07:48 PM

Self proclaimed, baby. Colby is so awesome.

MOtorboat
05-27-2009, 07:49 PM

I love Colby/Monterrey Jack cheese. FTW!

Benetto
05-27-2009, 11:30 PM

Self proclaimed names usually should be pretty cool. Black mamba is soo weak. I'm embarrassed for him.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
That was a heck of a game until the Lakers came out guns blazing with that 11-0 run at the start of the fourth. I expect Denver to rebound at home; but I think they'll have a tough time winning a Game 7 in Los Angeles. I felt like there were a lot of missed calls (for the Nuggets) and that hurt them, but then again -- I enjoy the fact that the refs were letting them play hard, playoff basketball.

Benetto
05-27-2009, 11:39 PM
That was a heck of a game until the Lakers came out guns blazing with that 11-0 run at the start of the fourth. I expect Denver to rebound at home; but I think they'll have a tough time winning a Game 7 in Los Angeles. I felt like there were a lot of missed calls (for the Nuggets) and that hurt them, but then again -- I enjoy the fact that the refs were letting them play hard, playoff basketball.

Sounds like you're a little more fearful of the Lakes magic series than if they played the Nuggs.

Personally I think the Lakers would lose a best of 7 vs Dwight, but the Nuggets would kill them.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Eh, I don't know. I like the fact that the Magic has great size with three 6'10 players who are consistently on the court in Howard, Lewis and Turk and that is just something the Cavaliers haven't been able to handle. Lakers and Nuggets have some players who can match up on that size, but I don't know if they can handle the Magic in transition when they are on. I'd be more fearful of the Lakers in the finals because of the experience they have coaching, and with a player like Bryant who has been there before and knows what it takes to win. Yeah, the Nuggets have that in Billups -- but I think you can see where I'm coming from.

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch though. Orlando has to still win one more game. I am confident they will. I would love to see them take care of business tomorrow and see the Western Series go on until a Game 7. The Magic players need rest big time.

Benetto
05-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Eh, I don't know. I like the fact that the Magic has great size with three 6'10 players who are consistently on the court in Howard, Lewis and Turk and that is just something the Cavaliers haven't been able to handle. Lakers and Nuggets have some players who can match up on that size, but I don't know if they can handle the Magic in transition when they are on. I'd be more fearful of the Lakers in the finals because of the experience they have coaching, and with a player like Bryant who has been there before and knows what it takes to win. Yeah, the Nuggets have that in Billups -- but I think you can see where I'm coming from.

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch though. Orlando has to still win one more game. I am confident they will. I would love to see them take care of business tomorrow and see the Western Series go on until a Game 7. The Magic players need rest big time.

I think I can make an honest confession that Dwight Howard is my fave player in the game right now...I would hate to have to root against him..

He reminds me ALOT of Shaquille....IE: Hack a shaq, constantly getting picked on by the refs because of his size, Dunking ability...I love it....

:elefant::elefant::elefant:

Broncospsycho77
05-28-2009, 12:03 AM
I love Dwight too. He's just disgusting when it counts.

Benetto
05-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Man I freakin hate Chauncy....First he knocks us out of the finals, and causes Shaq to demand his way out of LA, and now he's pushing the Nuggets into series Finals contention....On top of all that he makes ALL his shots...Freakin bigshot...

I HATE Chauncy...He annoys me...:tsk:

Basically cause he's a Laker killer.

Benetto
05-28-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm rambling dudes...Time to spread the love instead of hate...

One thing I love about Chauncy is his love for the Broncos...and his dedication to the #7..:salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
05-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Once Howard learns some low-post moves in the 5-7 foot range, he will be unstoppable.

SoCalImport
05-28-2009, 02:30 AM
Once Howard learns some low-post moves in the 5-7 foot range, he will be unstoppable.

Hell yes he would! and I'd love to see the big guy do it too......starting NEXT SEASON.

GO LAKERS!!:beer:

Nomad
05-28-2009, 07:54 AM

His build remains me of a taller Karl Malone....wide, defined shoulders. You'll get to see one of your teams in the Finals (the Magic). No way the Cavs win 4 games in a row. Other than the slap to the head in the Celtics game, the Magic seem to be a classy team.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Not long ago, Mike & Mike had John Barry on, and Barry said that he fully EXPECTS Cleveland to win the 3 remaining games to take the series.

Well - SURPRISE SURPRISE - if that happens - that is the script the NBA wants, isn't it?????? Kobe vs LaBron :tsk: :tsk:

Nomad
05-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Not long ago, Mike & Mike had John Barry on, and Barry said that he fully EXPECTS Cleveland to win the 3 remaining games to take the series.

Well - SURPRISE SURPRISE - if that happens - that is the script the NBA wants, isn't it?????? Kobe vs LaBron :tsk: :tsk:

Maybe I should go back to elementary.....:duh: 1..2..4:lol:! Anyway, I said 4 but I guess I meant 3. I would be shocked if the Cavs win the series. I know it's been done before but I'll be interested to see how the refs call this game tonight.

dogfish
05-28-2009, 03:30 PM
getting ready to leave for cleveland, game five tonight baby!

honz
05-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Lebron is getting rubbed by the refs in this series. It is getting pretty ridiculous. I don't think it made a huge difference in this game as the Cavs simply outplayed the Magic, but it has been pretty blatant. He doesn't even get called for blatant defensive fouls...

Nomad
05-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Lebron is getting rubbed by the refs in this series. It is getting pretty ridiculous. I don't think it made a huge difference in this game as the Cavs simply outplayed the Magic, but it has been pretty blatant. He doesn't even get called for blatant defensive fouls...

Why are you surprised?? I actually watched the last quarter of the game, and it's hard to tell if the Magic mailed it in or the Cavs dominated. I saw the Magic miss a bunch of needless 3s when they could have taken it to the basket and after those missed 3s the momentum swung in the Cavs favor.

CoachChaz
05-29-2009, 09:05 AM

Much the same way Wade did in the Finals against Dallas. The NBA will ALWAYS cater to it's superstars. Always have...always will. Until a superstar plays on anyone's team...don't count on a ring.

Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Garnett, Duncan, Shaq...

...coincidence?

Requiem / The Dagda
05-29-2009, 01:47 PM
The Magic didn't deserve to win last night playing as poorly out of the gate as they did, but good Lord -- the refs need to stop sucking off Lebron. The only person I probably hate more than James is Varejo, (however you spell it) because he's a goofy ass looking mother**** who has absolutely no skill whatsoever and whines like a baby bitch every time he commits a foul. Dude has no game whatsoever. I enjoy it time after time when Howard goes down into the posts and dunks over that dick loving chump.

Broncospsycho77
05-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Varejao's a schoolyard bitch. Second biggest flopper in the NBA IMO.

Italianmobstr7
05-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Go Nuggets!

Nomad
05-30-2009, 09:55 PM
No Lebron James in the Finals!:D

Requiem / The Dagda
05-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Heck yeah, Magic!

Benetto
06-04-2009, 09:43 PM
14 point lead baby!! Keep it up Lakes..Don't let em shoot 3 pointers all day...

LoyalSoldier
06-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Sheesh I turn on the game for about 2 minutes and already saw a dozen fouls on the Magic. :tsk:

MOtorboat
06-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Lakers in 5...I hate to say it, but Orlando has no shot.

Benetto
06-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Waaaaah Fouls, Waaah!!!

Give me a break, they're calling em on both teams...

18 points now Keep it rollin!!!

LoyalSoldier
06-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Waaaaah Fouls, Waaah!!!

Give me a break, they're calling em on both teams...

18 points now Keep it rollin!!!

That is actually quite funny coming from someone who was complaining just last week.

Benetto
06-04-2009, 09:47 PM
That is actually quite funny coming from someone who was complaining just last week.

I don't complain EVERY game, only when it happens...Plus I watch ALL of the games, begining to end...I don't turn on the TV and assume Fouls are lopsided.

MOtorboat
06-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Mark Jackson is really good, imo...

His "Momma, there goes that man," is EXTREMELY original, and it makes me laugh...jmho.

LoyalSoldier
06-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't complain EVERY game, only when it happens...Plus I watch ALL of the games, begining to end...I don't turn on the TV and assume Fouls are lopsided.

Considering I don't care much for either team, this finals doesn't get me interested and generally I am a casual NBA fan. I watch college basketball more often, but it seems like anytime I watch the Lakers in LA the foul calls goes nuts. On the road not so much. Maybe just the act of turning on my TV causes it to happen.

Benetto
06-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Simply amazing performance so far by the Lakers....And Kobe..

MOtorboat
06-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Simply amazing performance so far by the Lakers....And Kobe..

Don't wet yourself.