PDA

View Full Version : London Fletcher

Softskull
03-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Why not?

Washington is in salary cap hell and the old man can still drop the wood. We're weak in MLB. Maybe Irving won't be the guy. I bet we could get him for cheap. Grampa lead the league with 166 tackles last year. We're looking at a three year window. Why not?

Ziggy
03-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Because we gave Joe Mays a guaranteed 4 million this season. It's either going to be him or Irving.

CrazyHorse
03-27-2012, 04:22 AM
Really depends on the price. He would be good stopgap for a couple years.

Northman
03-27-2012, 04:41 AM
Fletcher would be a steal for us. Dude is a beast and is always around the ball carrier.

Slick
03-27-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why we gave Mays 4 million a year.

CoachChaz
03-27-2012, 08:55 AM
We already have out MLB's. Mays on 1st and 2nd and Woody will come in on 3rd downs. Maybe Irving steps up and takes some of those reps, but between the 3 of them, I dont see us signing a vet MLB.

Broncfan1970
03-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Why not?

Washington is in salary cap hell and the old man can still drop the wood. We're weak in MLB. Maybe Irving won't be the guy. I bet we could get him for cheap. Grampa lead the league with 166 tackles last year. We're looking at a three year window. Why not?

Would love to see it, but don't see it happening after them resigning Mays. That and I think management is high on Irving's potential.....

BroncoNut
03-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Why not?

fine with me as long as you agree to change his depends and wipe his ass next winter

DenBronx
03-27-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why we gave Mays 4 million a year.

I'm still trying to figure out why we gave Mays 4 mill a year and gave it to him over McClain.

Cugel
03-31-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why we gave Mays 4 mill a year and gave it to him over McClain.

Nobody knows the answer to that. Nobody knows why they didn't give it to Bunkley who had a better year than Mays too.

Personally, people who think London Fletcher is over the hill have to answer a simple question. "How did he get 166 tackles last year, 96 solo, and 2 INTs if he's over the hill?"

That doesn't sound like over the hill to me! :coffee:

It's true they are going with Mays and Irving (gulp!) and there's no chance of their getting Fletcher, but why is a true mystery.

horsepig
03-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Mays has had plenty of time to show his stuff. It does not particularly impress. But they seem to think he's the answer.
I guess we'll just have trust Foxy's judgement, which generrally is pretty good about defensive players.

Cugel
04-01-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm personally baffled. And that's all I can say. I'm not going to argue that I know more than the coach, but nothing about what they've done makes any sense to me.

If somehow Irving makes something of himself, I'll say "well I guess they knew what they were doing there." But, anybody who said that of Mike Shanahan would have been wrong, so it's not automatically going to be correct.

He flat didn't know at all what he was doing defensively, and it showed in his pathetic defensive draft picks like Jarvis Moss, Terry Pierce, Tim Crowder and Paul Toviesi -- among other first and second round draft busts that were inexplicable at the time and turned out to be flat mistakes in retrospect.