03-26-2012, 10:54 PM
No then he wakes up in the hospital

701Bronco
03-26-2012, 11:00 PM
That's what the colts deserve to happen

wayninja
03-26-2012, 11:02 PM

Ok, I would rather the SB thing, but this made me LOL.

FanInAZ
03-27-2012, 01:16 AM
If we win a single SB with Payton, the Colts will once again leave town in the middle of the night, but this time with a lynch mob hot on their heels.

I love being an optimistic as possible, but the realist in me says that the Broncos are a long ways from being a SB contender. Even if Payton was in his prime, I still don’t think we have the talent (especially at WR) for us to go all the way.

dogfish
03-27-2012, 02:42 AM
yes. . .

and he and elway put together an ownership group to buy the team from bowlen when he's ready to sell. . . hard to top the prestige and savvy of two super bowl winning, MVP, first-ballot HOF QBs fronting your ownership group. . .

dogfish
03-27-2012, 02:42 AM

c'mon, man!

:rolleyes:

NightTrainLayne
03-27-2012, 09:37 AM
yes. . .

and he and elway put together an ownership group to buy the team from bowlen when he's ready to sell. . . hard to top the prestige and savvy of two super bowl winning, MVP, first-ballot HOF QBs fronting your ownership group. . .

Agreed. And, I don't think it takes 2 Super Bowls to do this.

chazoe60
03-27-2012, 09:55 AM
In all honesty even if we win four SBs with Peyton he's mostly going to be remembered as a Colt, and I'm okay with that.

I'd also like to say that regardless of how much like and respect Manning, and always have BTW, the Colts made the right choice. They are a 2-14 team with a chance to draft the best prospect since their last QB. Not many teams get the chance to move from a sure fire HOF to a no-brainer prospect like Luck. They had to make that move and I think even Peyton understands it, I don't think he liked it but I think he understood it.

wayninja
03-27-2012, 10:00 AM
I gotta disagree Chazoe... if he wins 4 SB's with the Broncos, that trumps his time in Indy, IMHO.

I agree they made the right call though. As tough as it was, it makes sense for their organization to try to repeat the draft success that began with Manning.

broncobryce
03-27-2012, 10:01 AM
c'mon, man!

:rolleyes:

Sorry, that was a little harsh but I couldn't resist.

BroncoNut
03-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Does he go to the HOF as a Bronco?

no, He's made it very clear that he will retire as a Colt.

BroncoNut
03-27-2012, 10:07 AM
In all honesty even if we win four SBs with Peyton he's mostly going to be remembered as a Colt, and I'm okay with that.

I'd also like to say that regardless of how much like and respect Manning, and always have BTW, the Colts made the right choice. They are a 2-14 team with a chance to draft the best prospect since their last QB. Not many teams get the chance to move from a sure fire HOF to a no-brainer prospect like Luck. They had to make that move and I think even Peyton understands it, I don't think he liked it but I think he understood it.

dont' really see what you point is. so you are happy for the Colt management. It's like so what?

MileHighCrew
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
He should want to go in as a Bronco either way, it is way better to be a Bronco than a Colt!!!!

The Glue Factory
03-27-2012, 10:38 AM

That's not how the NFL HOF works. Please to mix the NFL and MLB. Peyton goes in as Peyton and his career is listed as his display.

TXBRONC
03-27-2012, 10:54 AM

You're just trying to yank chains aren't you? :D

Ravage!!!
03-27-2012, 11:42 AM
I know that you don't go "into" the NFL HoF as a player for a specific team ANYMORE (they used to), but Peyton will ALWAYS be remembered as a Colt no matter how many Super Bowls he would win here. He became a HoF QB as a Colt. He's going to the HoF without another accomplishment under his belt.

So although there is not an official "label" to him as he enters, he's a Colt by every standard.

slim
03-27-2012, 11:45 AM
He is a Bronco now.

Being a Bronco trumps all.

Bugs Baloney
03-27-2012, 12:33 PM
2 is more than 1....so yes HOF as a Bronco! :elefant:

BroncoNut
03-27-2012, 12:38 PM
first of all, maybe he should get inducted into the HOF first before speculating on which team he will be associated with as a HOFR

chazoe60
03-27-2012, 01:40 PM
first of all, maybe he should get inducted into the HOF first before speculating on which team he will be associated with as a HOFR

What is your next point nut? You said "first of all" then only made one point. If you're going to only make one point you don't have to preface it by letting everyone know this is your first point.

Come on nut, you're slippin brother.

TimHippo
03-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Even if he played one snap and his neck crumpled he would still count towards the Broncos HOF tally.

Softskull
03-27-2012, 08:44 PM
You're just trying to yank chains aren't you? :D

It's spring, the season for optimism.

Historically its been crushed in early October.

Ravage!!!
03-27-2012, 08:48 PM

If he's already inducted, wouldn't that then take OUT the speculating part? :confused: Isn't that the point of looking ahead and offering up an opinion?

Plus. Everyone knows Peyton is a first round ballot inductee. Its just a matter of paperwork from this point.

Softskull
03-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Its just a matter of paperwork from this point.

AND which uniform he'll wear.